image-103.jpg
image.jpg
image-664.jpg
AP.jpg
IM.jpg
wd-pinball-2.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-299.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

The Walking Dead Pinball machine. Design by John Borg.

General Information
Art:Stephen Jensen, Greg Freres, Kevin O'Connor, Steve Martin

Programming: Lyman Sheats Jr., Tanio Klyce, Mike Kyzivat

Dots: Mark Galvez

LE model 600 units

Game detail and matrix grid will be out 2nd week of Sept.

From Gary ....
Dear Ladies & Gentlemen
In my email two weeks ago I announced that our next pinball title is The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead TV series, about a Zombie apocalypse and based on the comic books of the same name, is soon to start its 5th season worldwide. This show continues to break ratings records for the over 120 countries in which it is televised.
I am more excited about this game than I have been about a pinball machine in years. This game captures the world of The Walking Dead with brilliant art and great playfield mechanical toys.
I love to shoot The Walking Dead playfield. The shots are great, and the ramps are smooth. Included among the mechanical devices and toys are a “Cell Block C” with cell doors that are bashed to open, then a Walker bash head inside, “Well Walker” bash toy, a playfield magnet, 3 bank drop target, a shot lane returning the ball to the shooter, custom molded Walker characters, decaled cabinet and speaker panel, and more. We have designed a new and reliable star rollover switch, always a favorite in past games. And of course all the playfield lighting is LED’s.
The Walking Dead Pro is loaded.
The Walking Dead Limited Edition is even more loaded with features, including a Crossbow ball firing mechanism, fire button in the lockdown bar, “Well Walker” guts, a 2nd playfield magnet at the “Well Walker”, a magnetic ramp ball diverter, “Governor’s Fish Tank” with illuminated head, a single bank drop target, spinning targets, traditional playfield supports and lock down bar, rust powder coated armor etc., unique decal art, and mirrored backglass. The LE has multicolor GI lighting, and certain inserts have tri-color control lamp LED’s.
We have designed a The Walking Dead Pro model with production starting next week and a 600 game The Walking Dead Limited Edition model for production in late October. The Pro distributor price will be the same as price established starting on August 15. We will tell you the LE price as we talk with you. As in the past, a deposit is required from our distributors with their LE orders, and there is an added charge to specify a particular LE number, should that number be available.
I have attached The Walking Dead Pro and LE photos, a Game Features matrix, and today’s Press release.
Did I say that I love this game? I do!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Walkingdeadpin.jpgWalkingdeadpin.jpg

image-330.jpgimage-330.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-900.jpgimage-900.jpg

image-81.jpgimage-81.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-654.jpgimage-654.jpg
image-299.jpgimage-299.jpg

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Where do they find these no namers..........

He did AC/DC premium translite and BIB package, and some other later games. He does very nice work.

1 week later
#427 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I dunno, those heads look about 1.5x3.5 inches based on the first pic (holding the zombie head in the hand), which would put them a little too big for a pop up target. It will be interesting to see how they are used. Maybe there is a new mech built for this game. If I recall John designs his own mechs.

Maybe ?

wofpf1.jpgwofpf1.jpg
#526 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No kidding. Isn't the LE cabinet here reminiscent of the MET Premium road case cabinet that everyone revolted against? Isn't that why they did a second Premium art package on MET? I'm surprised they would do an LE with such a similar look to something people recently hated.

The road case cab for Met kicked ass, it was the translite that was poop.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anyone noticed the new style magnets ,looks like these will not need protection how are they activated also I do not see anything about ball locks.

Correct, these are I assume the new and improved redesigned magnets. By looking at the design in the pics.
Same inner core with a non magnetic metal ring to protect artwork and will not mushroom the playfield. I've seen IJ4 and IM on route with hammered pf's and this is a new welcomed change.

1 month later
#604 9 years ago

LE arrived
Build of Halloween makes it even more special to me

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-103.jpgimage-103.jpg
image-836.jpgimage-836.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pinball-details?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.