image-103.jpg
image.jpg
image-664.jpg
AP.jpg
IM.jpg
wd-pinball-2.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-299.jpg
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#252 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Two things I always thought would be cool to see on a pinball machine.
1) Weaker flippers when wounded or infected. Would be cool if the game dropped the power until you hit a certain spot and restored full power.
2) A playfield with an adjustable angle... on the FLY. When killing a boss for example, if it could ramp up the angle on the playfield DURING the game... it'd be way cool. I'm sure this wouldn't be an inexpensive feature to add... but cool.

WOZ actually does the weak flipper thing. It's pretty cool. And no holds. Reverse. That's one of my fav parts about it.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Man, I got thumbs down for my joke translite?? Some people have no sense of humor.

Sorry, it was me. I removed my thumbsdown. It's just that I was at work and looking at the thread on my small phone screen. I thought it was for real and I started zooming in to look at the playfield and I said, damn, that's just freakin IJ4! So jokes on me.... and I removed my thumbs down.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Acdc has to be one of the ugliest playfield art packages ever made

This ^2!!!

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

My guess is that for every pinhead that wants hand drawn original art on the BG, there are 10 non-pinheads who want to see the main characters in close up looking imperilled.

Oh man . . . I think you are way off base and have that inverted. Perhaps a pool should be done so Stern sees what we want. I will start one.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man . . . I think you are way off base and have that inverted. Perhaps a pool should be done so Stern sees what we want. I will start one.

There's no question what WE want... I'm talking about people who AREN'T on Pinside. There's a lot more of them than us!

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

There's no question what WE want... I'm talking about people who AREN'T on Pinside. There's a lot more of them than us!

Ah, I understand your position now. While that point is well taken it is the Pinsiders buying the LEs by and large.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I understand your position now. While that point is well taken it is the Pinsiders buying the LEs by and large.

Yes, you're probably right.

#259 9 years ago

Every time I see this thread bumped, I check it for actual details. Still none yet.

#260 9 years ago

I heard someone say NEXT Friday was the day for the big reveal.
Damn, gotta wait a whole 'nother week. ughh...

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Every time I see this thread bumped, I check it for actual details. Still none yet.

Same here. Now we have 2 long days until Monday.

#263 9 years ago

I think I remember Underlord saying the 12th for the pics and pricing. I have had people asking me when the game might start shipping. My best guess is mid-October. Anyone heard any dates on that?

#264 9 years ago

It would be cool if they had some set up at Halloween Horror Nights.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

WOZ actually does the weak flipper thing. It's pretty cool. And no holds. Reverse. That's one of my fav parts about it.

Oh cool! I didn't know WOZ did that. I know TSPP reverses the flippers, and LOTR and WH2O do the crazy flipper thing... but didn't know about WOZ.

#266 9 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing some actual details in this thread.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Really looking forward to seeing some actual details in this thread.

Those are scheduled for page 12 of this thread.

#268 9 years ago

Hope they have a sneak peak at the LE for Expo

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hope they have a sneak peak at the LE for Expo

Can't wait to play it!

#270 9 years ago

I think stern is going with the pro reveal on the 12th and the LE features will be disclosed after. Stern is on date lockdown as far as my insider is concerned. Not sure what the issue is but it's important enough to possibly delay LE info.

#271 9 years ago

thats pretty funny!

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Those are scheduled for page 12 of this thread.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Oh cool! I didn't know WOZ did that. I know TSPP reverses the flippers, and LOTR and WH2O do the crazy flipper thing... but didn't know about WOZ.

What WH2O crazy flipper thing? I've never noticed anything.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think I remember Underlord saying the 12th for the pics and pricing. I have had people asking me when the game might start shipping. My best guess is mid-October. Anyone heard any dates on that?

It's been bumped up to the 10th for pricing and game info

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

What WH2O crazy flipper thing? I've never noticed anything.

Start watching this vid about 45 seconds into it. The first time it happened to me, I seriously thought I wrecked something for a few seconds. Very cool. LOTRs does something similar when you destroy the ring.

#275 9 years ago

At least now that it's announced, the machines should start shipping before the end of the year, unlike SOME people. You know who I'm talking about....
I'm interested to see how they handle the art and graphics. Is it going to be more horror or drama themed? Doubt that it will give TFTC a run for it's money in terms of best horror themed pin, at least in terms of art.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Start watching this vid about 45 seconds into it. The first time it happened to me, I seriously thought I wrecked something for a few seconds. Very cool. LOTRs does something similar when you destroy the ring.
» YouTube video

No wonder I had no idea it did that... I've never gotten the vacation jack pot! LOL...

I love pinball with all my heart... I just suck at the games with a fuckton of goals! I've always played the "just keep the ball alive" kind of game. It never dawned on me to play any other way. I forget what I did/need to do & I'm crappy at remembering to try & control the ball. LFS I am not! However... I am starting to learn more & more. & getting better.

#277 9 years ago

Just watching TWD now (not getting the pin), but it occurs to me that it's a theme that would lend itself better to incandescent bulbs than LEDs (like LOTR, IMHO). I'm guessing it'll have an earthy PF and feel to it - bright LEDs might look stupid on this machine...and just when Stern has begun switching to LEDs (seemingly for good).

What do you guys think? Will it have incandescents or LEDs?

#278 9 years ago

I would be surprised if it wasn't LEDs - I think Stern said that they will be using LEDs in all future pins, but who knows. Besides, they could dim the LED's to give them a softer, earth feel, I would think.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just watching TWD now (not getting the pin), but it occurs to me that it's a theme that would lend itself better to incandescent bulbs than LEDs (like LOTR, IMHO). I'm guessing it'll have an earthy PF and feel to it - bright LEDs might look stupid on this machine...and just when Stern has begun switching to LEDs (seemingly for good).
What do you guys think? Will it have incandescents or LEDs?

100.000% chance it will have LEDs. Considering the inserts can make a million different colors, I'm sure they can find something to fit the theme. I suspect they will use a lot of red in the GI.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I suspect they will use a lot of red in the GI.

Good call on that one...should be a cool effect.

#281 9 years ago

Preview posted on Sterns FB page

10635970_10152675370079244_589867191885477326_n.jpg10635970_10152675370079244_589867191885477326_n.jpg

#282 9 years ago

Pretty darn good!

#283 9 years ago

He looks more sad than scary.

Can't wait to see some custom paint on this one.

#284 9 years ago

In your opinion what part of the flipper is?
Bumper, target, troll ?

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

He looks more sad than scary.
Can't wait to see some custom paint on this one.

Sleeeeeepy...

#286 9 years ago

Like I said info on the 10th

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Looks kind of like Frankenstein without the nose. It would seem they are putting a lot into this pin. Should be exciting.

LTG : )™

#288 9 years ago

The photo shoot is going on RIGHT NOW at Stern HQ...

#289 9 years ago

Looks good to me, a bit of Karloff's Mummy IMO.

#290 9 years ago

Man, I wonder if its going to be pop ups like mm, and the hobbit.. Bash toy.. How fucked up is that if they do the same thing before hobbit released lol

#291 9 years ago

I can forsee a big market for TWD owners "modding" their zombie pieces with high end paint and detailing...

walking_dead_zombie_season4.jpgwalking_dead_zombie_season4.jpg

#292 9 years ago

Come on, do you really think they are going to do anything out of the norm. It will be the same basic stuff moved around a bit with 1 or 2 ramps going right back to the return lanes. Why would they change anything when people are chomping at the bit to get the same old thing at record breaking prices.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why would they change anything when people are chomping at the bit to get the same old thing at record breaking prices.

To put pressure on the competition.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Come on, do you really think they are going to do anything out of the norm. It will be the same basic stuff moved around a bit with 1 or 2 ramps going right back to the return lanes. Why would they change anything when people are chomping at the bit to get the same old thing at record breaking prices.

You act like Stern does not care and has no pride in their products...

These designers and programmers make these machines because they love that they do. Most of them could be doing something else, and maybe making more money for doing it. This machine is going to be outstanding, the pinnacle of stern innovation and ability to this point. They aren't going to hold back. You'll see.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So to be honest no, I did not expect some big change. But I have also made no inquiries about the game figuring I will see and play it first. They can do the same old and still sell a bunch with this theme and Borg. But man o man if they take it up a notch on this title there would be no better time to really crush the market. IMVE was a nice shot but this title could really suck the money out of the market if taken up a notch.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I can forsee a big market for TWD owners "modding" their zombie pieces with high end paint and detailing...

It is going to be an exciting time for TWD, that is for sure.

LTG : )™

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

10635970_10152675370079244_58986... 62 KB

Looks cool! Any glimpse of this is great with me. Thanks for the pic!

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

You act like Stern does not care and has no pride in their products...
These designers and programmers make these machines because they love that they do. Most of them could be doing something else, and maybe making more money for doing it. This machine is going to be outstanding, the pinnacle of stern innovation and ability to this point. They aren't going to hold back. You'll see.

Stern cares about money and that is all. This isn't just me talking as I was told the same thing by a certain designer who was fired from there. He told me that Gary injects himself upon every pin that comes out of there and only allows a certain degree of creativity that if he would stand aside the pins would be a lot better. Why do you think the Lawlor and Ritchie games from Stern are nowhere near what they were from W/B ? Gary wont allow it. I do understand cost but come on. I will publicly declare I was wrong if Stern puts this game out with anything more than the usual.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Stern cares about money and that is all. This isn't just me talking as I was told the same thing by a certain designer who was fired from there. He told me that Gary injects himself upon every pin that comes out of there and only allows a certain degree of creativity that if he would stand aside the pins would be a lot better. Why do you think the Lawlor and Ritchie games from Stern are nowhere near what they were from W/B ? Gary wont allow it. I do understand cost but come on. I will publicly declare I was wrong if Stern puts this game out with anything more than the usual.

I LOVE my Addams Family and I would place AC/DC, Star Trek, and Metallica right next to it in fun and creativity. I have no idea what your likes are (you don't share your collection) so can't really see where you're coming from.

#300 9 years ago

I am very excited to see the layout and what items will be in the game. The zombie head looks cool. Now I want to see how it is integrated in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pinball-details/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.