image-103.jpg
image.jpg
image-664.jpg
AP.jpg
IM.jpg
wd-pinball-2.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-299.jpg
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 9 years ago

Maybe you will have to program it yourself.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

He did AC/DC and others. He does very nice work.

With all due respect.........The art on ACDC sucks, but the game rocks.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I hear ya, cut and paste art looks so much better.

Yeah, that's what I said.

#54 9 years ago

I am hoping for something on the playfield, more than bashing a plastic Zombie.....
,....any thoughts on what toys could be interactive on the playfield?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am hoping for something on the playfield, more than bashing a plastic Zombie.....

Man. I hate to sound defeatist but this is stern. Set your expectations for drop targets being the interactive playfield toys. Sure there might be more but I would rather be surprised than disappointed.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I hate to sound defeatist but this is stern. Set your expectations for drop targets being the interactive playfield toys.

Only on the LE... unless they're in-line, then you get them on the pro too, because it's really hard to do in-line standups.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Maybe you will have to program it yourself.

no the hardware is free but you need to pay for the DRM locked code.

#58 9 years ago

Here is my walking dead question - how do you write an end game (aka Wizard Mode) for a game based on a TV show that has not revealed it's end game? Yes code can change but stuff on the playfield cannot.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Here is my walking dead question - how do you write an end game (aka Wizard Mode) for a game based on a TV show that has not revealed it's end game? Yes code can change but stuff on the playfield cannot.

I think it would be interesting to have a mini wizard mode for each season. Season one the CDC, season two the farm, etc with missions in between that are unique to each season. Eventually the programmers can add a final all encompassing wizard mode once the final season is out.

#60 9 years ago

That sounds like a good idea. I mean I plan on buying this one... I'm just thinking about how most games have lighted inserts that indicate the modes you have completed... say Walking Dead has four seasons after the game is released. How do you add stuff for all that? I'm sure the people at Stern asked themselves these questions too. I'm just curious.

#61 9 years ago

Is the comic further along than the tv show? How closely is the tv show following the comic? I never read them.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Just like any pinball machine......it never ends.

#63 9 years ago

I like the idea of playing as a zombie hunting down Rick and his group.

It would be outstanding if Stern put two different rule sets on one game.

One rules set for zombies. the other for Rick's group.

If they must go photoshop, I hope the Playfield is full of the memorable zombies.

Merle Zombie would be outstanding!

Marcus

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Seeing as though Stern are doing MMR maybe there could be a castle toy but in the form of a prison?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is the comic further along than the tv show? How closely is the tv show following the comic? I never read them.

The comic has differed from the show greatly and is superior to the show in terms of story and writing.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

The comic has differed from the show greatly and is superior to the show in terms of story and writing.

Ah good. I have some reading to do

Then we do not know how the show goes

#67 9 years ago

I'm glad Borg is on this. Metallica was great. I like that Borg kept it open and simple. Felt like an old school pin. I hope he keeps a similar philosophy. This theme it will be real easy for a designer to do too much. I think Borg will keep it in line and make it a hit.

#68 9 years ago

Seriously good thoughts....but I am truly stumped. It cant be Gory enough to alienate family sales, or some locations...
so more like House of the Dead at the maximum?
I mean I love the show, and what I like is so much about the character development the "What would you do?"
Kill your wife or child, if they were a Zombie? They really cant make modes out of that.
Will it be more of Pinball with just Zombie artwork? Or will they give you a user defined, On, Off, Adult, General Video mode to hunt zombies on the screen if its an LCD? Or will they take Predator Figures, and turn them upside down to hit? I think there is some crazy potential for something innovative because of the theme, but I cant put my finger on it.
They are Zombies! I would not like to believe I am hitting drop Targets with Zombie Stickers...What about call outs?
Duck? Run? The Sound of ripping flesh, or running over heads? The Governor?

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Seeing as though Stern are doing MMR maybe there could be a castle toy but in the form of a prison?

This is what I was thinking. That would be amazing.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Acdc has to be one of the ugliest playfield art packages ever made

Only if you have a pro.... The premium and le models are quite nice in fact. Sure there is still some photoshopped bits, but other aspects are pretty decent. Now ST I would not call ugly, but definitely uninspiring and bland.

Rob

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This is what I was thinking. That would be amazing.

Maybe Stern could have borrowed heavily off MM as a layout for TWD?

That would be cool!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Lionman Sheats Jr. is so bad ass, when Zombies bite him, they turn back into humans and join the Peace corp.

Lyman! Lyman! Defeat the shabby ruleset!

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'm sure but then again that's what the translite for, so we can actually change it if we want to

If only someone made real back glasses...I would order the heck out of those to replace all translights...

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If only someone made real back glasses...I would order the heck out of those to replace all translights...

I tried looking into what it would take to design my own mirrored backglasses, but never got anywhere with it.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I tried looking into what it would take to design my own mirrored backglasses, but never got anywhere with it.

Believe the pinsider who's building himself a Goonies pin had a custom backglass made. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-goonies-pinball-project-hollywood-heat-re-theme

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

He did AC/DC premium translite and BIB package, and some other later games. He does very nice work.

I was wondering just the other day who the artist for AC/DC was as the art was one of the main reasons I didn't buy AC/DC...

Post edited by woz: original quote was edited

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A couple of wooden boxes... to hide the flashers on the LE. You pro owners will have to look to the 3rd party market for those toys. No other toys will be on the PF for LE specifically. I'd guess you'd get half a plastic shot gun bolted somewhere.

#78 9 years ago

Make it a like transformers where you can play as a zombie and you need to eat human flesh and catch the characters or play as a human and try to escape. That would make it interesting.

#79 9 years ago

All I know is there has to be a Where's Carl mode. If not to just throw a little humor into it. I was hoping they would go the comic route as well, but I can see where the tv series makes more sense. Either way looking forward to the details on this one.

#80 9 years ago

Maybe a big barn toy that you have to smash a few times to get it to open

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

could you do a 2 layer (2 sheets) of translite? back would be all silver/mirror finish, front would be normal trans just have clear where you wanted it to shine through?

#82 9 years ago

I predict some type of bash toy with a door that opens with several zombie drop targets that pop up around it once it opens.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

could you do a 2 layer (2 sheets) of translite? back would be all silver/mirror finish, front would be normal trans just have clear where you wanted it to shine through?

Translite isn't transparent, at least how we print them, so blank areas would be more white. Though obviously there's a way to do that, ala AFM for instance. I dunno, it's an interesting problem. I'll keep poking at it.

#84 9 years ago

Not my idea, but someone told me the launcher should be a crossbow handle. If not, they're messing up, IMO.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Some similarities - some differences. No Daryl and Merle for one...

#86 9 years ago

This would be a good game to have a video mode. I am not huge into them but do like them in games like BSD or T2. Would be cool to mow down some zombies on the DMD. Just my 2 cents.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Maybe a big barn toy that you have to smash a few times to get it to open

I was thinking the prison but either way it is all good.

#88 9 years ago

I actually enjoy the video mode in BSD, even if you can memorize it. Shooting zombies instead of wolves could be fun.

#89 9 years ago

I am thinking pinball is going to get into the DLC arena and have a new software version after each season, but you will have to purchase it and it will have a registration number attached that will only authorize it for your machine. This would encourage continual updates to the software (revenue stream) and keep the game earning on location as people will come back to play it more after each season of the show.

#90 9 years ago

My predictions:

Two ramps
One bash toy
A translite similar to Sopranos with the TV cast - Rick being most prominent
The Walking Dead title screen across the sides of the cabinet with faded zombies in the background
Lauren Cohan on one side of the head and Danai Gurira on the other side
DMD - which will really disappoint me as an LCD could work so well with this title using clips from the show
Playfield art out of TWD style guide

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I was thinking the prison but either way it is all good.

The prison has to be featured. I mean, it was a central focus for what, 2 seasons? The farm was prominent but was around for less time in the show. With the current season upcoming, it might feature the big metal container they are currently stuck in. IMHO, the artwork MUST have Michonne and her 2 armless, jawless Zombies on a leash.

#92 9 years ago

Barn doors that you smash open and Sophia pops out, kill Sophia and zombie multi ball starts

#93 9 years ago

Hoping for 3 flippers and multiple shots from the upper flipper.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Not my idea, but someone told me the launcher should be a crossbow handle. If not, they're messing up, IMO.

you know it will be a stock one. Aftermarket mods should pick that up.

#95 9 years ago

0.5 degree pitch, super weak flippers to hit the ridiculously slow zombies, if you don't hit the zombie in time you die and lose your ball, slowest pin ever.... Should happen just like that, and they will have to update with the gay Daryl code when he "comes out" this season, really hoping against that last part happening....

#96 9 years ago

I'm gradually more excited to see how it turns out and playing it.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They would be silly not to up the LE count to 800 based on the current hype.

That's what unlimited sales on the premium is for.

#98 9 years ago

This is the one time u don't want stern to know people are salivating over this game. Lets hope there clueless make only 400-500 le and we as buyers make out. If they bump it to 800 everyone gets one. I rather they keep it low and make it more demanding in the collector market. That's just me though

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If they bump it to 800 everyone gets one. I rather they keep it low and make it more demanding in the collector market. That's just me though

Ya i'm sick of these 800, 1000, 1500 "LEs", stop doing them at those numbers, anything over 500 is not limited anymore.

I vote for this model system - Pro and Pimp
No others, choose between those. Pimp is you get your game first, you get the extra bling and they are limited to 500 or less.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Eventually the programmers can add a final all encompassing wizard mode once the final season is out.

So a yearly "code crying room" that could go on forever?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pinball-details/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.