image-103.jpg
image.jpg
image-664.jpg
AP.jpg
IM.jpg
wd-pinball-2.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-299.jpg
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Killing him with guts that came out onto the play field would be cool, but I'm guessing he just flips back and opens
I was never that impressed with the Crashing Vengence on Star Trek when I had it either though.

True…crash doesn't really get you much….but slicing a zombie in half and seeing his guts is a cooler concept for a toy, I think.

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

True…crash doesn't really get you much….but slicing a zombie in half and seeing his guts is a cooler concept for a toy, I think.

Agreed, especially if there are detailed guts when he splits open.

#553 9 years ago

Just gave my Dist my CC for the LE! Can't wait for my walking dead LE! YA!

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's what pinball collectors have been asking for forever. Wish granted. Totally makes sense and works - keeps the game from feeling dated since the show is still running and will probably gain & lose characters over the course of the series. The game makes YOU the human character, surviving the zombies!

Totally agree. Just seemed strange with the branding. I think keeping it a more generic zombie theme is a good thing. Bring on the videos of game play!

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This is true. Xmen is pretty much just a backwards Tron.

Well except for the fact that Tron is actually fun to play.

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Agreed, especially if there are detailed guts when he splits open.

Just confirmed that the Pro one splits open, too…the pics are accurate…but the LE has some kind of guts, not sure what it is tho.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just confirmed that the Pro one splits open, too…the pics are accurate…but the LE has some kind of guts, not sure what it is tho.

Gross. :p

Love it!

#558 9 years ago

Pretty keen. Mine would go next to my Metallica though so a little worried on how similar the design is.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds like you could maybe mod the Pro? ...

#560 9 years ago

Wonder what the street price of both will be.

Robert

#561 9 years ago

Who is selling the LEs?

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Who is selling the LEs?

All Stern distributors?

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow! I'm intrigued by that then!

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Well except for the fact that Tron is actually fun to play.

LOL, well I guess that was easy food for the Xmen troll

#565 9 years ago

Anyone able to confirm if that LE is 100% real? Could be partially photoshopped for some things that arent ready to show yet, since they have a lot of time to finalize the LE build.

Remember how long it took to see the hammer mech on Metallica LE? Maybe the guts arent ready to show yet.

#566 9 years ago

As we learned on Star Trek with the vuk originally firing ball to the warp ramp, nothing is set in stone.

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

As we learned on Star Trek with the vuk originally firing ball to the warp ramp, nothing is set in stone.

So true, so true.

#568 9 years ago

Yeah.... pretty sure I'm in.

#569 9 years ago

lets be honest...

was waiting this one as i was for my TRON LE in 2011
but owning already a MET home, i'm just disapointed about the overall design of the game, was hopping for something "fresh" and quite surprising !?
lets wait more for further advices, but my initial excitment has gone from high to very low

#570 9 years ago

Has anyone noticed the new style magnets ,looks like these will not need protection how are they activated also I do not see anything about ball locks.

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

was hopping for something "fresh" and quite surprising !?

I was hoping for a third flipper. With MMR coming, I don't need another fan layout.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anyone noticed the new style magnets ,looks like these will not need protection how are they activated also I do not see anything about ball locks.

Correct, these are I assume the new and improved redesigned magnets. By looking at the design in the pics.
Same inner core with a non magnetic metal ring to protect artwork and will not mushroom the playfield. I've seen IJ4 and IM on route with hammered pf's and this is a new welcomed change.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was thinking that the prison toy would be a ball lock. However, Stern would likely not forget to mention a feature such as a ball lock in its matrix spreadsheet. Also I think we would see a "lock" insert somewhere on the playfield if a ball lock existed.

If a ball lock does exist could it be on the LE at the mechanical "crossbow" toy?

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was thinking that the prison toy would be a ball lock. However, Stern would likely not forget to mention a feature such as a ball lock in its matrix spreadsheet. Also I think we would see a "lock" insert somewhere on the playfield if a ball lock existed.
If a ball lock does exist could it be on the LE at the mechanical "crossbow" toy?

Just assume there's no ball lock. Doesn't look like there's one. It wouldn't be on the crossbow…you're not gonna shoot, wait for a reload, shoot, wait for a reload….

#575 9 years ago

Now let's order all the TWD figures/wobble heads from *bay for modding, toppers etc.. before they sell out or triple the price

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Correct, these are new and improved redesigned magnets.
Same inner core with a non magnetic metal ring to protect artwork and will not mushroom.

Can these be retro fitted to IM ?

#577 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can these be retro fitted to IM ?

If you wanna drill a big giant hole in your playfield, sure!

2 weeks later
#579 9 years ago

Uhm...

upon studying closer, it appears to me that TWD IS actually just Austin Powers, slightly changed.

Have a look at the play fields - the right ramp extends more, and theres the bumper area, but .. alooooooooooooooot of things seem to be in the exact same place.

Drop targets to the right, left orbit shot, left ramp, shot-around-house, right orbit, crossbow etc.

I wonder if this is on purpose, so they can reuse the "plans" for how to build austin powers on twd in terms of manufacturing...

#580 9 years ago

This is true. Xmen is pretty much just a backwards Tron.

Tron is a overpriced Funhouse.

#581 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Tron is a much more FUN than Funhouse.

Changed it for you.

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from mrdeline:

Uhm...
upon studying closer, it appears to me that TWD IS actually just Austin Powers, slightly changed.
Have a look at the play fields - the right ramp extends more, and theres the bumper area, but .. alooooooooooooooot of things seem to be in the exact same place.
Drop targets to the right, left orbit shot, left ramp, shot-around-house, right orbit, crossbow etc.
I wonder if this is on purpose, so they can reuse the "plans" for how to build Austin Powers on twd in terms of manufacturing...

come on, they are not just re-theming. I'll give it a "similar" layout, but there are many differences that change game shots etc.

image-11.jpgimage-11.jpg
wd-pinball-2.jpgwd-pinball-2.jpg

#583 9 years ago

The ramps on TWD are completely different. They cross in the back and return the ball to the same flipper.

#584 9 years ago

That might be the most foolish comparison I've ever seen, AP is like TWD? Come on, this lay out crap is well crap. Two ramps, center object to hit etc. that's a proven successful layout its the theme and code that makes or breaks a pin for me. TWDLE will be amazing.

#585 9 years ago

Left of the house is different as well. TWD goes behind, where AP is a ramp entrance.

The left ramp is shifted over, so the orbit is to the left of the ramp, not the right. And there is the return shot to the plunger.

The star roll over shot is also different.

This is the same type of bs people are pulling when tron came out, xmen, etc. etc. Once the game is out and people are actually playing it we will get a better sense.

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

come on, they are not just re-theming. I'll give it a "similar" layout, but there are many differences that change game shots etc.

image-11.jpg 170 KB

wd-pinball-2.jpg 233 KB

I see it now....wait....No I still don't.

Austin Powers has more stop and go then TWD ever will.

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Austin Powers has more stop and go then TWD ever will.

With no scoops, saucers or VUK's, TWD is gonna play fast.

#588 9 years ago

I actually like the AP layout better.

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I actually like the AP layout better.

Yeah but I've seen better artwork on a hippie's 78 Pinto than what was done on AP.

#590 9 years ago

Link to Well Walker scene:

Link to special about the making of the Well Walker scene:

#591 9 years ago

Pretty cool seeing how they did the effects for that scene.

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from Zadom:

Link to Well Walker scene: » YouTube video
Link to special about the making of the Well Walker scene: » YouTube video

The top video isn't nescessary. Just watch the super cool second one!

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If youre going to compare TWD to AP then you must think that IM is the similar too...AP.jpgAP.jpg
IM.jpgIM.jpg

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

If youre going to compare TWD to AP then you must think that IM is the similar too...

IM.jpg 89 KB

AP.jpg 170 KB

IM looks way more like AP then TWD does.

#595 9 years ago

Holy crap...I didn't notice that. But hey fan pattern is still the best pattern for pleasing crowds.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

If youre going to compare TWD to AP then you must think that IM is the similar too...

IM.jpg 89 KB

AP.jpg 170 KB

IM looks way more like AP then TWD does.

Quoted from kvan99:

Holy crap...I didn't notice that. But hey fan pattern is still the best pattern for pleasing crowds.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#597 9 years ago

image-664.jpgimage-664.jpg

It's the same as lwjp!!

#598 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thought I read that the house locks the balls in the le version only. I could be wrong, but it makes sense the house operates diff in the le... Metle did have a diff ball lock then the pro

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I thought I read that the house locks the balls in the le version only. I could be wrong, but it makes sense the house operates diff in the le... Metle did have a diff ball lock then the pro

According to the matrix on Stern's site there is no ball lock.

#600 9 years ago

It's the same like nearly every pinball. Having a cabinet, playfield, two flipper buttons, flipperfinger, ramps, targets, etc .... thanks God

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pinball-details/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.