image-46.jpg
TWD.jpg
tumblr_mbxunsZV4K1qfpn1do1_500.gif
tumblr_mbxuyyF8NG1qfpn1do1_500.gif
tumblr_m8thd3uq1p1qfpn1do1_500.gif
the-walkin-dead.gif
tumblr_ln00e8DuUt1qfpn1do1_400.gif
Genious.gif
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I know about the Zen table, and that's not how Jack made it sound on the forums. The Zen table would hardly be any kind of competition for a real pin based on the same theme. Telltale may have gotten the license from Skybound, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the comic. I'm sure if Stern wanted to base it on the show, they would have to license Skybound/AMC/etc. Much more headaches and costs involved.

True. I'm sure there could be both. Zen and Stern have both done similar Marvel titles.

#202 9 years ago

Just look at the flowers mode....

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone ideas/guesses TWD modes/toys?!

I would love it if they have pop up drop targets ala "24" & "Cactus Canyon"

It would be very cool if the Stern released the LE version in time for the premier of TWD Season 5 in October.

I already have plans to place my DVD Season 1 Mask, Season 2 Zombie w/Screwdriver & Season 3 Heads in a Tank as my topper!

I hope the LE version has Herschel Zombie Head somewhere on it!

Marcus

#204 9 years ago

Every game does not have to have humor! Lets do this Stern!

#205 9 years ago

Drop targets representing zombies and a big prison toy would be cool...hope they can use the title music too.

#206 9 years ago

They need to do the prison like the castle in MM.

#207 9 years ago

How about a Michonne Toy over a slingshot that swings a Katana and beheads a zombie whenever the slingshot fires?

How about a Python revolver that you can load to start a 6 ball multiball? The game fires each ball into play out of a barrel and the chamber actually revolves.

How about a mode where you have to make a combination shot to put a screwdriver through the eye of a walker?

How about an LCD mod like CFTBL that displays scenes from the show in the center of the playfield?

Lots of fantastic ideas can be made from TWD.

Marcus

#208 9 years ago

Coming from someone who would love to own an AFM (but doesn't want to spend that much on one pin), I'd love to see a Walking Dead version of AFM (from a gameplay and layout standpoint).

Oh for the days before Pinball Arcade opened my eyes to pins I'd never experienced.

#209 9 years ago

An animated fronton with Michone's Katana beheading a Zombie...
(a la Bad Cats... the lady would be a bit different, and the cat would be a walker...)

1 week later
#210 9 years ago

This is happening.

#211 9 years ago

image-595.jpgimage-595.jpg

Quoted from riggy469:They need to do the prison like the castle in MM.

I think a large portion of the pf devoted to one toy is way too risky. Worked ok for MM, but pf layout similar to st or sm would do great. Not Tron fast, but not TZ stop n go.

2 weeks later
#212 9 years ago

AMC is running weekend TV series marathon.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

AMC is running weekend TV series marathon.

Yup, been awake since it started.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This is happening.

This is not happening soon enough.

#215 9 years ago

Maybe they are waiting for Season 5 to start.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Maybe they are waiting for Season 5 to start.

Next title announcement is still a month away. Stern is cooking MMR and vault pins to keep doors open.

#217 9 years ago

I think Stern should at least announce what the next title is even if production doesn't start for a few months.

#218 9 years ago

I would guess they will announce something by the end of the month, especially if it's really TWD. San Diego Comic Con is the last weekend in July, huge audience there for something like this.

#219 9 years ago

I'd love the pin, without a doubt....but I need the STLE first.

#220 9 years ago

It might deter folks from buying what is available now though. I ordered an IM VE and if they were to announce TWD, folks might cancel there IM VE and wait.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I think Stern should at least announce what the next title is even if production doesn't start for a few months.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

It might deter folks from buying what is available now though. I ordered an IM VE and if they were to announce TWD, folks might cancel there IM VE and wait.

That works both ways though, I'm holding off buying Ironman VE in case the next Stern is TWD. If I knew that I had no interest in the next Stern I would pick up an Ironman. I understand that whole need to sell as many units as possible, plus I don't have any patience. With a re-make I don't see why they couldn't make an announcement.

#222 9 years ago

That works both ways though, I'm holding off buying Ironman VE in case the next Stern is TWD. If I knew that I had no interest in the next Stern I would pick up an Ironman. I understand that whole need to sell as many units as possible, plus I don't have any patience. With a re-make I don't see why they couldn't make an announcement.

True. Luxury items are always a purchase with passion and little thought. Sure, some planning and preparing, but boy when that next title is a whammy, that's blown out the window.

image-668.jpgimage-668.jpg

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

image-668.jpg 31 KB

^^^ sorry sir your card has expired in 1/2013.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

^^^ sorry sir your card has expired in 1/2013.

Which is why the skies the limit! TWD pin in every house! 'Merica!!

Besides, there's nothing wrong with showing my CC on the net, right?

#225 9 years ago

Hate to say it but this show is boring to the max. Watching for the first time on AMC for marathon week and it's the same segment over and over again. Walk through the woods or train tracks and kill the slow moving zombies. On a side not I think True Blood is better and I hardly watched that show as well.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hate to say it but this show is boring to the max. Watching for the first time on AMC for marathon week and it's the same segment over and over again. Walk through the woods or train tracks and kill the slow moving zombies. On a side not I think True Blood is better and I hardly watched that show as well.

Now where did I see this word for word before.....Oh yeah, every post regarding TWD

#227 9 years ago

Is there an actual date, chosen or penciled in, that they will announce the next title, or is it just whenever it happens?

#228 9 years ago

Third post is a charm......oh wait no it's not. For someone that hates TWD and finds it is boring you sure spend a lot of time in he TWD threads.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Third post is a charm......oh wait no it's not. For someone that hates TWD and finds it is boring you sure spend a lot of time in he TWD threads.

Sorry was bored yesterday with no soccer game to watch and figured I would cover all threads with same quote. Oh well just thought it would be fun to stir the pot up over a show rather than a pin on forums. So tell me what's so great about the show.

#230 9 years ago

Sorry was bored yesterday with no soccer game to watch and figured I would cover all threads with same quote. Oh well just thought it would be fun to stir the pot up over a show rather than a pin on forums. So tell me what's so great about the show.

It's a show you really have to watch from season one on to understand. Coming in on a random episode, I would think one would be lost. My wife and I love the show and neither of us are into horror shows.
I don't want to post a long synopse of the show. If you don't like the show, that is cool. I didn't think I would like it either but some of my pinball buddies got me into it. I just thought it was funny you kept posting about it in the different WD threads.

#231 9 years ago

I'm a big fan of the comic book, and a viewer if not a great proponent of the show. On the plus side, the show has got generally good acting and a seemingly solid special effects budget, so there are some great sequences. Check out the first few episodes of Season 1 if you want to see what the show is capable of. On the minus side, there are too many lengthy scenes of relatively pointless dialog (which can feel like banter posing as character development). Season 2 was renowned for this (to the extent that I didn't bother watching most of it and don't feel that I missed anything). And as in most serialized dramas the characters will occassionally make inexplicable, completely out of character decisions/alliance-changes. I sympathize with this -- it takes really good writing to immerse you in a story and keep you from seeing the "strings" controlling the characters, and it must be especially hard with an open-ended TV series where the writers don't have a good sense of how much time they have to fill. Occasionally a show will pull it off (I'm thinking of the Sopranos) but it's rare. In any event, despite its flaws I think the Walking Dead is enjoyable enough and worth starting at the beginning to see if it grabs you. If you do end up watching though, skip Season 2 entirely like I did, you'll miss nothing!

(But what you should really do is pick up the comic book).

#232 9 years ago

Hmm looks like TWD will be next and out in September
and No comic version
Will be TV related.
Now to sit back and wait....

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

and No comic version
Will be TV related.
Now to sit back and wait....

Is this confirmed by an insider somewhere? My boys would want a twd pin bad. I think stylized art of the show characters would look nice. Saw some via Google images. No Photochop work please.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I keep seeing people post that. I'm yet to see proof.

#235 9 years ago

Translating TWD into a pin is going to take some creativity. It's a story of survivors (mostly) staying one step ahead of inexorable death. The characters don't accumulate or accomplish anything, and even when they win physical confrontations it's at great cost or is overall a great tragedy. You guys are talking about prison break multiball - what, it starts with a guy getting his head chopped off and you win when everyone is dead or scattered? Pretty bleak and not the kind of adaption STERN has ever done.

Maybe you'll play the role of the zombies, and modes and shot sequences are how you 'collect' the cast of characters

#236 9 years ago

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

what, it starts with a guy getting his head chopped off and you win when everyone is dead or scattered?

Sounds good to me.

#238 9 years ago

While I favor Resident Evil as the best Zombie theme option available on the popular market, I can't dismiss the popularity of WD. The opening music, the strong characters and drama should make an awesome pin. It could be mode driven by setting, characters, or timeline and still rock. So many good characters have come and gone. I personally require a Lizzy serial killer mode.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

While I favor Resident Evil as the best Zombie theme option available on the popular market, I can't dismiss the popularity of WD. The opening music, the strong characters and drama should make an awesome pin. It could be mode driven by setting, characters, or timeline and still rock. So many good characters have come and gone. I personally require a Lizzy serial killer mode.

If you're going to make a zombie game, I'd say you have to go with either Romero or TWD (appologies to Racoon City, but the anime nonsense bits are too distracting from my perspective).

#240 9 years ago

I'd love to see some zombie pop-ups or for Stern to somehow come up with some 3D zombie drop targets. Will it be the final DMD we see from Stern?

#241 9 years ago

PLANTS VS ZOMBIES!!!!!!!! (ducks)

#242 9 years ago

My insider was told this was the title before the release of Metallica. Apparently Gary was onto something and lead the general populace astray.

Push on Gary was strong for this title and he relented last I heard. He still doesn't like zombies but he does like selling pins.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Probable next title up in September 2014

lol 1 year and 8 months ago... well done

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol 1 year and 8 months ago... well done

??

#245 9 years ago

He is referring to the date on the opening post.

#246 9 years ago

Ah. Yeah. Gary's been beaten up over this for a loooong while.

#247 9 years ago

Gary is a jackass if he holds off making a pin because of his own personal tastes.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Is this confirmed by an insider somewhere? My boys would want a twd pin bad. I think stylized art of the show characters would look nice. Saw some via Google images. No Photochop work please.

Well that's what I have been told from the inside (yes)
TWD around Sep. Now I too will have to wait and see if it's true.

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Gary is a jackass if he holds off making a pin because of his own personal tastes.

Up until last year stern pinball was a private owned company. Now that Gary got a money injection from another source, he's had to learn to do what's going to make stern money, not just what HE wants. I'm sure his ego loved that.
Fine with me, since Gary has tried to run pinball design with his wallet only. That almost finished off his company back in 2008. Sometimes a fresh perspective makes for improvements in relations, even if it was semi-forced.

#250 9 years ago

Personally I think Dead Rising would make a better Pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.