image-46.jpg
TWD.jpg
tumblr_mbxunsZV4K1qfpn1do1_500.gif
tumblr_mbxuyyF8NG1qfpn1do1_500.gif
tumblr_m8thd3uq1p1qfpn1do1_500.gif
the-walkin-dead.gif
tumblr_ln00e8DuUt1qfpn1do1_400.gif
Genious.gif
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 11 years ago

Episode 2 Sunday night! Set your TV/DVR/TIVO!
Prisoners are gonna kick ass I bet! Suweet!

#102 11 years ago

SOMEBODY TALK TO GARY, JACK, or KEVIN FROM SKITBPINBALL BEFORE THEY LEAVE EXPO!!!!

1 week later
#103 11 years ago

New mode: Backstab the Governor!

Won't spoil the show for anyone. Just mentioning an interesting pinball mode suggestion.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

SOMEBODY TALK TO GARY, JACK, or KEVIN FROM SKITBPINBALL BEFORE THEY LEAVE EXPO!!!!

I've talked to them at length on this title..........Last year's expo (a year ago).

#105 11 years ago

There's already a zombie pin in the works - constructed by Brennraum, a guy on the german flippermarkt forums.
While the big companies take years to develop a pin, he builds those things basically from scratch within a few months. Alas, no serial production - those pins are unique specimens.

The thread is in german, but the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy!

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=116035

Oh by the way, that's already his second pin - here's the link to his "Despicable me" thread.

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=104485

#106 11 years ago

I love The Walking Dead series & haven't missed an episode yet, however, I don't have any interest in this show being themed into a pinball. I'm really not sure 'why', but I guess it just seems like it would be a dated theme in a short while and wouldn't have any long term legs. If Stern were to go Zombie on us, I would prefer that it be more general in nature or based off a related movie from the box office. (Stern doesn't seem to work with unlicensed properties, so this probably have to be based off of a movie)

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I love The Walking Dead series & haven't missed an episode yet, however, I don't have any interest in this show being themed into a pinball. I'm really not sure 'why', but I guess it just seems like it would be a dated theme in a short while and wouldn't have any long term legs. If Stern were to go Zombie on us, I would prefer that it be more general in nature or based off a related movie from the box office. (Stern doesn't seem to work with unlicensed properties, so this probably have to be based off of a movie)

So is your position that a Zombie Pinball Machine based on a movie will feel less dated than a Zombie Pinball Machine based on a TV Show?

Do you also feel that Comic Book theme Pinball Machines, such as X-Men, feel dated as well?

I personally feel that a Walking Dead Pinball Machine will age well. The Walking Dead has transcended the Zombie Genre in the same manner as Resident Evil has transcended the Survival Horror Genre.

Borrowing from a well worn analogy ...

My strong connection to the main characters of both franchises is the cake. The zombie theme and/or survival horror genre is the icing. The icing is tasty and entices me to try the cake. But once I am hooked on the cake, the icing, while delicious, takes a back seat to the cake.

As long as I am hooked on the characters, and their exploits are faithfully represented in a pinball machine, I will feel that the theme is timeless.

Just on pinheads' opinion.

Marcus

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

So is your position that a Zombie Pinball Machine based on a movie will feel less dated than a Zombie Pinball Machine based on a TV Show?

Yes, I'm not fully sure even why, but I feel like movies stand the test of time better overall. (Title dependent of course) A currently popular cable show seems a bit flash in the pan as far as longevity is concerned. (IMO - but who knows, it's only been 3 seasons so far and it could go on for a long time) I'm not a fan of the Resident Evil movies or video games personally, but I think that if it had to be one or the other, RE would be the better choice. Maybe because TWD is more dramatic than scary and I'm a horror fan. (e.g. Dallas meets Melrose Place meets zombies - old TV examples I know, but again, drama over horror) If the next pin had to be zombie themed, I would really like for it to be unlicensed, but we know that's not going to happen if Stern is involved. If is were to be TWD, who knows, maybe a designer of theirs could pull it off. I guess I'd just have to see it first before I could formulate a valid opinion.

1 week later
#109 11 years ago

OMG!!! Check this out:

Yes! It is for real!

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The first half of Season 2 is kind of slow, but it finishes strong. The season 3 premier was pure awesome.

Season two had a couple slow episodes in the first half; but they were needed. They served their purpose and the payoff was huge. Great show!

#111 11 years ago

World War Z, that looks pretty cool. The Zombies are actually fast and not slow and plodding like typical zombie themes.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/08/brad-pitt-faces-off-against-swarms-of-zombies-in-the-world-war-z-trailer/

Quoted from underlord:

OMG!!! Check this out:
Yes! It is for real!
» YouTube video

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Tomcat:

There's already a zombie pin in the works - constructed by Brennraum, a guy on the german flippermarkt forums.
While the big companies take years to develop a pin, he builds those things basically from scratch within a few months. Alas, no serial production - those pins are unique specimens.
The thread is in german, but the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy!
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=116035
Oh by the way, that's already his second pin - here's the link to his "Despicable me" thread.
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=104485

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flippermarkt.de%2Fcommunity%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D116035

In English

#113 11 years ago

Any zombie them would be awesome if it were the walking dead or world war z!! I would buy it in an instant

#114 11 years ago

Thank you Vid1900. Cool custom pinball link. I love that shotgun!

#115 11 years ago

Ben Heck has already designed a Zombie Pin

#116 11 years ago

You mean Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland? What's that?

I like Ben's ideas, but comical zombies aren't as awesome to me as the Biters on TWD, or the runners on World War Z.

Besides, 12k plus for a pin is waaaaay out of my comfort zone for purchases...

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun" #190

#117 11 years ago

Yea that would be the one. I WISH i could drop that kind of money and not bat an eye... But I cannot. It does look like it's going to be a cool Pin though. Hopefully someone does it in Virtual Pin or something, so I can play it

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

World War Z, that looks pretty cool. The Zombies are actually fast and not slow and plodding like typical zombie themes.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/08/brad-pitt-faces-off-against-swarms-of-zombies-in-the-world-war-z-trailer/

I agree, it looks great to me, but so many of my friends have this "recoil in horror" reaction, and not in a good way. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be a lot of animosity directed towards this movie. Anyone know why?

#119 11 years ago

Lots of CG added for zombies, and little actual zombies shown in trailer.

This movie was plagued with rewrites and 6 weeks of reshoots. Brad Pitt was very agitated about how the movie was directed. Lack of director leadership.

Entire film was re-edited over again too. Max Brookes had very little input into actual film.

Eventually the movie studio had so much time and money tied up, they had no choice but to turn it into a money pit blockbuster. In for 10 kazillion pennies, in for 10 kazillion pounds!

Rumor has it that it will be split into three separate films, all with LOTR budgets!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun" #190

3 months later
#120 11 years ago

Almost time!!!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#121 11 years ago

If it was based of the comic and not the show, it would be awesome.

#122 11 years ago

"Brad Pitt was very agitated about how the movie was directed."

And I'm very agitated that Brad Pitt is even in the movie.

#123 11 years ago

It would have to have a "GET BACK IN THE HOUSE CARL!" hurry up.

2 months later
#124 11 years ago

#125 11 years ago

Stopped watching the show due to boredom but the theme could be a solid one for sure.

#126 11 years ago

Third season was nothing but a cocktease. Like a lap dance where there was no finish and you wanted more.

Hopefully those writers get their shit together for the next season or they will ruin the show.

The comics are far superior...stuff actually happens!

#127 11 years ago

the show should be call ''all my walking dead''

one thing we are going to get in that pin is a lot of talking. and halfway during multiballs the mode will change in a totally different direction with more call out (talking).

#128 11 years ago

the right designer and code guy yes, but it could also be a plastic toy mess redo also. I had time to bail on Metallica, but it looked fantastic.

#129 11 years ago

I think a Rob Zombieland horror pin...covers alot and is open to a killer soundtrack, and a mix of Zombie and almost anything demonic and scary the creators could imagine!

#130 11 years ago

Whoa Walking Dead as a pinball, bring it on! I hope there is truth to the rumor....

#131 11 years ago

A Resident Evil GAME license will be much more dynamic and interesting than TWD TV show license.

HOWEVER, if TWD pin went with the COMIC license, rather than the show license, I might be all in.

Stern's art design with movie/TV licenses is abyssmal. I hate a press photo collaged pin. If XM and MET have proven anything to me, it's that Sterns look much more instantly appealing with custom artwork

2 months later
#132 10 years ago

Gonna bump this thread. Awwww yeah...bump it good.

#133 10 years ago

I see your bump and raise you.....

1 week later
#134 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I see your bump and raise you.....

mnpinball, Yup, and I raise it too! A inside bird might has told me the same thing. Looks like it could be hand drawn art too.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

mnpinball, Yup, and I raise it too! A inside bird might has told me the same thing. Looks like it could be hand drawn art too.

*squeal*

#136 10 years ago

Towards the end of season 3 I knew I couldn't go the whole summer without TWD.

Since I love the show and pinball.....I banged this table out in a couple days to play in Future Pin on my Virtual Pinball Cab. It's still a work in progress and I'm a noob to table design but.....It is playable.

TWD.jpgTWD.jpg

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

Towards the end of season 3 I knew I couldn't go the whole summer without TWD.
Since I love the show and pinball.....I banged this table out in a couple days to play in Future Pin on my Virtual Pinball Cab. It's still a work in progress and I'm a noob to table design but.....It is playable.

Instead of a standard fan layout, think of four (or six) Zombie toys that would shamble down the playfield towards the flippers. If they get too close, you can't make other shots to slow or stop them. Shooting them directly only slows em down.

Could be interesting!

#138 10 years ago

Thanks Gary

I have a lot of ideas for the table, it's just a matter of getting better with 3D modeling, layering graphics, and getting the script right.

This was my very first attempt at building a table after only using FP and VP for a few days. I've learned alot but still have a ways to go.

#139 10 years ago

The comic book license would be easier to attain for this.

#140 10 years ago

Well, maybe next year as both designers are busy with projects now.
Mr Borg - Metallica
Mr Ritchie - Star Trek

Do you think Mr Gomez would design Walking Dead? Don't think so....

#141 10 years ago

I give big props to Stern on "The Walking Dead" licence. Bring back the horror pins! If I see another superhero pin come out I may puke. What I would love to see is an original Evil Dead / Army of Darkness trilogy pinball be made. Those movies have such a cult following I think it would be a huge hit with home collectors and grab attention of non pinheads on location. Hire Bruce Campbell for the custom speech and it could be something REALLY special.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

The comic book license would be easier to attain for this.

Rumor is that someone did license the rights to the comic for a pin. If that's true, I am sooooo in.

#144 10 years ago

So many good titles all of a sudden, nice change after those crappy avengers and xmen games.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

This would be my first NIB pin.

Would buy it hands down as well, even though not my first.

#146 10 years ago

It is fairly certain Stern have the license so let the speculation begin

#147 10 years ago

"I'll swallow your soul" EVIL DEAD. That would be cool. If they did a The Walking Dead It better have The Character Andrea. It sucks they killed her off.

#148 10 years ago

It's. a zombie themed pin
God yeh
Love the series
And off subject of the walking dead I do like playing black ops 2 zombies

#149 10 years ago

What about John trudeau designing it
He did join stern earlier this year

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.