(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

I think they both look great. I like both versions. I look forward to seeing gameplay and hearing all the music and sounds.
I think they should just go to a two game tier to be honest. No LE version. I think they make the most money if they just did a pro and a premium model. That way they can make as many as will sell and they are not limited to a certain number and there is no way to piss anyone off if they want a full featured one. Just a cheaper model pro and a full playing premium (but at a cheaper price point than the LE's are selling for). I think they would make more money and certainly less risk overall with this type of pricing. There would be no more flipping by consumers cause nothing is limited and you can still decide which version you want. Stern gets all the money and there will be no more limited debate or the risk of how many limited they should make.

This is a great post. Stern just doesn't get it. They couldn't spell smart if you spotted them SMAR.

Keep the freaking LE's TRULY limited. 250 tops. Maybe less. maybe 150. For MORE $ than now. Pay through the nose. Less chance of the secondary market taking the $ due to Stern. Guaranteed sell out and true exclusivity (for those small weenied guys that need that kinda thing). Then sell all the Premiums and Pro's that you can. They'll sell Premium's to ALL the LE wannabes plus all the potential pro buyers that feel compelled to upgrade. Then they sell as many pro's as the market will bear. Everyones happy except the few bitter DBs that really wanted an LE for some reason....and can't be happy with the same gameplay on the premium (waaaaah).

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern has always sold out their LEs to distributors. Even pins like Avengers. So why would they need to do this?
Doesn't make sense.

See my posts for when you want it to make sense.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is a great post. Stern just doesn't get it. They couldn't spell smart if you spotted them SMAR.
Keep the freaking LE's TRULY limited. 250 tops. Maybe less. maybe 150. For MORE $ than now. Pay through the nose. Less chance of the secondary market taking the $ due to Stern. Guaranteed sell out and true exclusivity (for those small weenied guys that need that kinda thing). Then sell all the Premiums and Pro's that you can. They'll sell Premium's to ALL the LE wannabes plus all the potential pro buyers that feel compelled to upgrade. Then they sell as many pro's as the market will bear. Everyones happy except the few bitter DBs that really wanted an LE for some reason....and can't be happy with the same gameplay on the premium (waaaaah).

#1062 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I believe before Metallica, T3 was the last pin with metal ramps, that was 2003. In a home though, those plastic ramps should remain minty. Congrats to the ones who ordered this pin., its looks really good.

Avengers has metal ramps.

#1063 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Not true. Mustang has a true skill shot from plunge. ST also has a skill shot where you have to plunge the ball far enough to shoot a warp ramp shot before hitting anything else.

Avengers has 4 skills shots, two of them are supers, one from either flipper.

**I saw how the poster clarified his questions about "ball in play" skill shots.

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

A couple thousand? LOL. So now depreciation is "a couple thousand"? It seemed like just a few days ago the group think settled in on around 10% depreciation. I sure wish there was a vote to determine once and for all how much I'm supposed to lose on reselling a formally nib machine.
Pinside seems to be full people who believe if they keep saying something frequently enough, they can will it to be.

If you think your going to lose a max of $700 on your new LE you're dreaming. Unless you sell in 6 months, which some surely do. XMEN and Avengers are in 20-25% territory! ST is over 10% and that's after the mother of all code drops. Metallica might be immune for awhile or forever because it's a good game with a niche fan base, but I'll bet those are selling for under $6k in time too. Time will tell.

And Pinside "group think" sounds like "military intelligence". Lol.

#1077 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's the happy reality of NIB pinball today:
People are buying NIB pinball for location & home...and enjoying PLAYING!
A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month. Most are buying cuz it's a favorite theme (or designer & programmer) & will enjoy it with their friends & families for years.
Yay!

Except for the vast number of buyers that will abandon Stern of they make a Tron Premium? Because they will lose value? Do you just post to suit the thread you're in, regardless of whether it's consistent with what you say elsewhere? Too much Frozen not enough Avengers pinball for you.

#1085 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Convenient that you selected two dogs. Why not acdc and tron? Why, because that doesn't prove your rebuttal.

Please do me a favor and pm me whenever you sell a game. Since you expect to take a loss, it will most definitely be a great deal. Seeing we are now venturing into 25% depreciation (lol), Im going to load up on cheap games.
Some of you guys are a trip. What happens when everyone figures out your secret and no one buys nib. How are you going to cheapskate your way into fresh titles then?

I'm the one being selective? You are ignoring every game for the last 3 years! Notice the price of ACDC premiums and pros? They are down significantly even from earlier this year. Heavily modded one are going for $1k less than the shipped price. 15% easy, and getting lower.

Tron LE is an outlier. And so is BIB because they made so few. TFLE also WAY down. What about Mustang? So I guess I picked FIVE dogs? Because ST is approaching dog territory. I guess Stern should go out of business for making all these dogs? Tron Pro without mods is probably a $4k game. It has legs, that's for sure, but it's the only Pro that does.

The only thing potentially sparing TWD from the same fate as the others is Lyman...but let's see where METLE is next year. MetLE actually seemed to sell above MSRP during the initial hype...now they seem to sit around at $7k, modded. How many $7k plus MSRP games have been released in the last 2 years and are on the way? A lot. And the max depreciation is 10%? Right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.