(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Looks like a reskin of Austin Powers.

Right down to Zombie Fat Bastard!

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That was my logic with Lebowski, as it's one of my favorite films - what am I gonna do, NOT buy Lebowski!?!?

Say what you want about the tenets of the CARGPB, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

#436 9 years ago

I'm glad to see so many positive reactions to this game. I hope someone in our league will buy one. That price hike is insane, though; I'm out for NIB until things come back to earth. The one upside is more old pins showing up for sale - the circle of life.

#493 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it is silly as hell, but that said... If I had tons of extra cash I would buy every new pinball that comes out just to have it and play it. I also would have a house big enough for 100+ pins so I could house them all.

And live-in strippers to play them all.

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

This is not meant as a knock against you, but in all fairness, you have FIFTEEN pins and clearly a house big enough for them all.
If you wanted a new pin bad enough, all you have to do is reduce your collection size.
Great problem to have, eh?

Whysnow is wisely watching his total cost of ownership (TCO), judging from his (awesome) collection of older pins. The TCO (net cash flow) for his whole collection could be less than what he might lose buying a new Stern. I get his point.

#1022 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's already been confirmed that there's no custom vo from the actors. Maybe we get some cuts from the show.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. On CSI, the cuts from the show are great, but the custom voice work has some awful moments ("see if there's any blood on the ball").

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I see that even the PRO has drop targets this time. Thats a first since they started making PRO models.

CSI, Nascar...

#1132 9 years ago

Welcome to Zombo Com!

http://www.zombo.com/

(turn your speakers up!)

1 week later
#1284 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you just have to look every where else besides this site. Deals do not happen often here. In the real world, things are more reasonably priced.

image-59.jpgimage-59.jpg

#1289 9 years ago

Zombies are props. They're part of the story, but they aren't THE story. The real story is the people on the show. I just watched an episode in season 4 that blew my mind. I think there were zombies in about 4 minutes of the 43-minute show.

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Just look at the flowers...

Yeah, that was the episode. What a cute little girl OMG SHE'S BATSHIT CRAZY.

#1294 9 years ago

The happy redneck announcer sounds like the same guy who did BBH. Nooo thank you.

#1300 9 years ago

"Teach him the rest of the way" beat-down multiball!

#1303 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We enjoy our "soaps" because they have a veneer of zombie gore covering them. Just like all the other premium cable soaps with similar sugar coatings to let us enjoy swallowing them.
So yes, they're props. But it's also what we want on our pinball I suspect. Not a bunch of people talking and having dramatic moments. EPIC ARGUMENT MULTIBALL!!

I'm chuckling at this because I joke to my wife every night: "I'm going down to the basement now to watch my zombie stories". There's definitely a soap opera element to it.

But just to have a friendly argument on this point, consider LOTR (the pin). Sure, there are Orcs and a Balrog, but what really makes LOTR a beloved pin are the callouts from Gimli, and hearing speech that takes you back to a specific scene from the Trilogy. To really take TWD to the same level there should be a mode for that scene in the RR tunnel where they mow down a bunch of zombies, and Maggie and Glenn are reunited. If you win the mode, Maggie says "You won't need a picture of me ever again." Maybe that's too sappy, but there are better examples. Herschel is really the Gandalf of the bunch, and to omit his speech from the game would be criminal.

#1324 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Lyman has his work cut out for him.

I think you mean the sound guy. I could be mistaken, but it sounded like he wasn't allowed to use any of the show's music directly (like David Thiel did in CSI to great effect). So instead we have this music that's sort of like the show's theme music, but not really...yuck. And of course the lack of character voices totally sucks. Then the icing on the cake is the announcer, who is really bad. Nobody I know here in Georgia talks like that, and if they did I would not hang out with them. If Stern can't get at least one of the actors or actresses to do speech for this game, or at least use clips from the show, I won't be owning it.

Post edited by swampfire: I didn't realize Stern lost David Thiel!

#1333 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Swampfire please stop already. I don't think anyone disagrees with you, that the pin would have more character using the actors actual voices, but HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO REPEAT YOURSELF???
Edit: after reading a TON of other posts, I'm the one in the minority.
Feel free to continue to complain about the call outs!

It's OK, I have been beating a dead horse, so I'll stop. I'll just end with a final "what could have been" comment. John Borg and Lyman Sheats have never let me down, so I know that the layout and rules are going to be great. The art is fantastic (it took me a while to come around to that; watching the show helped). The sound effects and the dots are great. The music and speech are fatally flawed.

Done with this game for now.

#1336 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You guys need to chill. It's lyman.

Yes, but it's not David Thiel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.