(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago

No actors faces on the LE cab or backglass?!?!

Awesome! Most people were saying that the actors would definitely be portrayed on the cab and backglass.

Love what I see so far. I'm probably going to be in on this one, depending on actual price from my distributor.

Quoted from nate1981s:

No premium listed? Did I miss something?

The rumor had been no Premium on this one.

#116 9 years ago

Those who said that a barn would be on the PF were right.

Looking at the PF pics more, there is a lot of cool stuff going on. I'm excited!

Quoted from krupa:

But oddly most seem to prefer the Pro cab so far.

That's crazy. Not even close in my opinion. Not sure why people would prefer the one with the actors mugs all over it.

The LE almost doesn't look like a TWD pin, but a more generic zombie pin, other than the AMC TWD logos in a few spots.

No actors on the PF either that I saw.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Looks like a reskin of Austin Powers.

I was going to say the layout is similar to IM. But IM is similar to AP.

So, yeah.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

I don't think that's the barn... That's a Terminus building I believe...

Ah, that is probably correct. It looks more like that.

#130 9 years ago

The return of star rollovers?!

"Newly designed reliable illuminated star rollover switches"

#135 9 years ago

There is an insert for "The Barn" on the far left orbit

#138 9 years ago

Someone tell me, what exactly is the color of the powder coating on the LE?

#141 9 years ago

Gotta love the Crossbow!!

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's crazy. Not even close in my opinion. Not sure why people would prefer the one with the actors mugs all over it.

I was probably a little hasty with this comment.

The actors faces are definitely not plastered "all over it". They aren't on the translite. Or the backbox sides. And the representation on the side of the cab isn't too bad.

I still prefer the LE with no actors, but the pro isn't as bad as I first thought.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does that mean you are going to have to take a pass on Grand Prix?

Uh... NO!

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I agree but what if they are going to sell it there and the 15% works. I might explain why Stern upped the msrp so much.

If they do, 15% off would put the price at $7310.00. That's below my $7500.00 threshold, so I'd be in.

#184 9 years ago

What was the msrp on STLE?

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What was the msrp on STLE?

$8795.00 was the msrp for STLE.

So this is $200.00 less.

That's right, LESS.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The thing that makes the Pro cabinet art good is that they don't look like "actors", they look like characters in cool poses….and, it's art directed in a sweet way. The black and white characters look awesome on the red background. I don't know the show or the characters at all, but the Pro art looks exciting and intense to me. This is waaay beyond other "actor" artwork which are usually just headshot collages or people standing and staring off in a serious way.
If they ever decide to make a Premium & just use the Pro artwork…I'd probably bite.

I agree Greg, see my subsequent post.

Pro looks really good.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It looks like you're arguing with yourself. Lol

No, others said that Stern keeps raising their prices by a few hundred every release.

Simply not true, at least with the LE.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No voice work from the actors.

On this particular title, with those actors, this is not a big deal at all to me.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Wish it was 500 LE's but can live with 600

Yep, that was my cutoff point.

And with no Premiums offered, it is even easier to live with the 600 LEs.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks cool but the price hike, no metal rails (at LE level) plus no LCD = a pass in my book.

Pay attention. Price has gone DOWN $200.00 compared to STLE.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

he is having a weak moment, let's see if he sobers up in time to make a rational decision

Dude! Did you just accuse me of being able to be rational!?!

#341 9 years ago

If you go on Stern's site, it specifically says "two table options", with "pro" and "LE" under that.

Still no mention of a Premium in the future. Apparently some distribs have been told it's possible though?

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I AM paying attention Rob. I usually like the Pro games better because I usually don't think the little extra they squeeze into the LE is worth the huge costs. The only game I feel was worth the extra to go to the Premium is AC/DC. So lets look at the current Pro pricing listed on Stern's site:
AC/DC - MSRP $5,699
Metallica - MSRP $5,395
Star Trek - MSRP $5,395
Mustang - MSRP $5,395
Iron Man VE - MSRP $5,495
The Walking Dead - MSRP $5,995
That right there is $300 more than anything else they are selling. I realize that these are all just MSRP. However I also realize that as MSRP goes up, so do the costs that I pay to get a game into my house.

I was obviously talking about the LE, as was the post that I responded to (which wasn't yours).

I'm not happy about the increase in prices on the Pro either. Sucks.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right?

Troll

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't talk about yourself like that. You say that but thumbs of Crazy's post. Go figure. lol

Why don't you just stay out of the thread. We know you have zero interest in the game, and we aren't interested in hearing how much better you think WOZ is cuz it has more toys.

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, I'll stay in it. I don't need to bring up anymore about WOZ's toy's as that was just in response to Crazy. It won't go any further. I do have interest in the game. I want to see what distributors offer the game at. Like you said to me earlier the MSRP is actually $200 less then STLE so let's see what the actual prices are.
I wish I could afford both TH LE and TWD LE but can only pick one. I'm still leaning towards The Hobbit but will keep an open mind about TWD.

Fair enough.

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I understand the thinking that introducing a premium from the start would subtract from LE buyers, but at the same time there are probably a number of pro buyers that would have sprung for a premium. Seems like it would be a wash. Pissing off customers with a different premium art package isn't as bad as introducing a whole new model after the fact. Normally I'd agree that they'd figure out a way to make the most money, but am having a hard time seeing how they would pull it off.

I can't believe that I'm the only one who gave this post a thumbs up.

This makes perfect sense. I find the likelihood of a Premium edition of TWD being released by Stern later down the road to be very unlikely for the reasons stated above. Doing so would be something that Stern has never done before.

I certainly wouldn't be planning on a Premium version being released, unless it is announced in the next few weeks (which is definitely possible).

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The enjoyment value of playing this pin with my wife and kids is priceless to me, couldn't care if it increases, drops or remains the same. Like I said it's what we enjoy with it the makes it worth everything to us.

Exactly.

This is the most excited that my oldest daughter (15) has been about any pin that I've ever bought. Her reaction to the official announcement of the pin was priceless. Her exact words to me were "Oh, you ARE getting that one!"

What kind of father would I be if I let her down?

#692 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

One thing that nobody can deny, the excitement for this game is palpable. I don't think we have had this many people salivating over the initial pics of a game since Tron.

MET LE had more salivating than this or Tron.

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I personally would never buy a pro unless I felt the premium/LE had design flaws such as Metallica. I think there are quite a few people that don't buy unless they can get the best. I would rather be missing out than settling. The gameplay is where I especially will not consider settling. Lighting, art, and paint are more optional.

Then you better buy the LE.

So simple.

#770 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern may just be moving to a model where they don't announce Premiums at launch. Makes the LE more attractive. If they LE sells out quickly, then they announce the Premium. If not, no Premium.
It may become a case by case basis.

Stern has always sold out their LEs to distributors. Even pins like Avengers. So why would they need to do this?

Doesn't make sense.

#794 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

See my posts for when you want it to make sense.

So ironic that you would direct me to a post by yourself that makes even less sense than the one I was referring to.

#795 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sold out to distributors . There is difference .

Not to Stern there's not. They got their money.

#819 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Fingers crossed for LE delivery by Halloween.

Sounds like it will be close.

#830 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And every distro I've spoken with has told me they are all spoken for. 5 distro's I've talked to last 2 days.

Interesting.

I bought one, got several quotes including one today, and not one of the distribs I talked to said that they were sold out.

#838 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

For all you people wondering why the "fat blob" zombie is on the game... you're obviously not a fan of the show. *eyeroll* It was only one of the best zombies they had to deal with.
» YouTube video

*****SPOILER**********

******SPOILER**********

Fun to see all the characters in that scene THAT ARE DEAD NOW except one.

You never know who is next. It's one of the things that keeps the show interesting

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been watching you talk yourself into it across your posts, I knew you were gonna give in! Did you ball out for the LE?
I have faith in Lyman (not to mention Lyman+Borg), you're probably gonna be a happy camper.

Well, it was pretty much my dream theme since getting into the hobby 4 years ago. Not TWD specifically, but a zombie themed pin. That's why I was in on JPop's Zombie Adventureland for awhile.

And I did have 4 requirements that I posted here at Pinside that needed to be met or I wouldn't buy. All 4 were met!

So yeah, I'm in on the LE.

#847 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wasn't one of them 500 or less LEs? I guess the no premium would allow that number to change.
Most of your requirements were mine as well, as I recall, the main one being the art package. I love the LE art package, best one I have seen in some time.

I thought it was 600, but maybe it was 500? But yeah, lack of Premium offering makes the 600 acceptable to me.

Obviously it's still a risk. But based on my experience, that risk is greatly reduced by the fact that Lyman is doing the code.

In Lyman We Trust.

#854 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Plenty of LEs left. It's a fact. And why would Stern sell only 600 if STLE blew through 799?
TWD will crush ST in sales.
Premium is coming. They just haven't announced it yet because they want to soak up all the LEs.

If there are still plenty of LE's available (and I agree that there were plenty available when I called around yesterday and today) why would you be so convinced that a Premium is coming?

#885 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

"Look at the Flowers"

Classic

#946 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

it's great for me personally since I don't want it...more games coming onto the secondary market. I'm hoping that it drives down the prices on the other pro's like Metallica, ST, etc that I haven't gotten to own yet and now their software is finally fixed. So please keep buying all the LE's and pro's you can!

lol

Such a cliche'd post. We get to see these posts every single time a new pin is announced, without fail.

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

This whole thread is full of "cliche'd" posts that we see every single time a new pin is announced.
Including a lot of yours.

Nice attempt at a comeback.

Unfortunately for you it was easy for me to see every one of my posts in this thread, and I didn't see one that was anywhere near as cliche as the one that I referred to.

It's not like it was some terrible stupid post or anything, and I was not implying that. I have a ton of respect for Taylor. His post is something that a lot of people think and say...every time a new pin is released. I.e., cliche.

#976 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

very well stated and i hope stern will see a premium made so they can maximize their profits. premium or nothing are my options, what do you want me to do stern?

They want you to buy an LE or a Pro.

It's your decision to go with the other option (nothing).

#1116 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That's absolutely true. Less 'new' hardware implementation and coding makes for focused gameplay coding. Besides, lots of excitement from designer, to programmers, to management on this title.
Their enthusiasm shows in the entire project. Any design is better with a team who loves what they're working on!
Yes, this is a licensed title, but AMC is extremely lenient and cooperative with licensing. So this could be considered almost a free reign design; Just with existing characters.

For me, one of the things that is really appealing on the LE is the fact that it is pretty generic in terms of being a zombie themed pin, rather than specifically a TWD pin.

I do love TWD, but I think having a more generic zombie theme vs concentrating more on the characters of the show will make it less likely for the pin to feel dated in the future, when the show is long gone.

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Those numbers seem kind of off because at least half of the 200 global allotment is coming to Canada alone. So what, overseas only get 50 - 100 LE's? Seems unlikely.

Seems entirely possible though, considering that guys from Europe have said that TWD LE is already sold out from distributors.

#1179 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Fret not. The odds are pretty good that HUO LE's will be available for way less than what they went for NIB. As someone who ordered an LE, I hope I'm wrong, but history isn't on my side.

That's exactly the attitude and expectation that I'm going into my TWD LE purchase with as well.

#1189 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna say this is true of any current and future NIB with a price tag over 7k. Or 6k for that matter. Look at Acdc premiums, great pin, drop in price because there are thousands of them.
The shit is gonna hit the fan sooner than later. MMr, TBL, TWD LE, TH, the next PPS, the next Lawlor, the next Stern LE, boutique guys etc.
There are 1000's of newly minted 7500k plus pins coming. It's out of whack. We all know it. They are pushing up the prices until we vote with our wallets and say no mas! Premium buyers are gone. LE buyers next.
I've already backed out of MMr, TH is next for me. I love TWD but that's probably it for me except for Jpop and Lawlor

This post should be saved for posterity.

It's going to be very interesting to look back and see where we are at in a year or two. Like you say, something's got to give.

1 week later
#1259 9 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

So no cast members on the palyfield, I thought the Walking Dead was about the survivors not just zombies. Very disappointing from a real fan of the tv show.

I'm a huge fan of the show.

I'm glad there are no actors faces on the PF. Especially since most of them will be dead within a season or two anyway.

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure. I haven't seen the show yet, but I've read the comic, totally agree, it's the human drama that's interesting.
That also sounds like a terrible idea for a pinball machine. Anyone lining up for a pinball version of General Hospital? We enjoy our "soaps" because they have a veneer of zombie gore covering them. Just like all the other premium cable soaps with similar sugar coatings to let us enjoy swallowing them.
So yes, they're props. But it's also what we want on our pinball I suspect. Not a bunch of people talking and having dramatic moments. EPIC ARGUMENT MULTIBALL!!

Exactly!

This is why I am happy that the LE version is a more generic Zombie pin than it is a TWD pin.

#1318 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The match animation is awesome. Then the announcer guy spoke...ugh.

Agree, match sequence is surprising in how gory Stern made it. The call out at the end "play again, there's more Walkers to kill out there" was just terrible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.