(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 9 years ago

Looks cool but the price hike, no metal rails (at LE level) plus no LCD = a pass in my book. Sorry Stern. Its time to innovate if you want to charge $8k+ for an LE.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Seriously, do folks not see a HUGE improvement in terms of artistic creativity, toys, and overall look from Stern's Star Trek?? I've never watched this show so I was not looking forward to this reveal ... however, WOW. I suddenly want one. When I bought into WOZ I was expecting this level of artistic detail in the toys but was disappointed with the finished product (albeit a somewhat fun game). TWD may not have an LCD but I'm seeing significant more detail in the toys and overall look!

PinballToys.jpg 62 KB

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right? WOZ also has two mini playfields, 5 magnets, the crystal ball toy, clear coated apron, actual metal rails, and multiple VUK's. You compare one of WOZ's most minimalist toys to TWD's most detailed...wow.

The heads from TWD do look really cool.

#359 9 years ago

Don't talk about yourself like that. You say that but thumbs of Crazy's post. Go figure. lol

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why don't you just stay out of the thread. We no you have zero interest in the game, and we aren't interested in hearing how much better you think WOZ is cuz it has more toys.

Nah, I'll stay in it. I don't need to bring up anymore about WOZ's toy's as that was just in response to Crazy. It won't go any further. I do have interest in the game. I want to see what distributors offer the game at. Like you said to me earlier the MSRP is actually $200 less then STLE so let's see what the actual prices are.

I wish I could afford both TH LE and TWD LE but can only pick one. I'm still leaning towards The Hobbit but will keep an open mind about TWD.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…and then you you have to play it .

All the toys in WOZ are little sculptures…there's nothing that fantastic about any of them. A sculpted witch. A sculpted house. Woohoo. So - why would you insult TWD's sculpted toys? I like Matt, but he's no Greg Nicotero.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never insulted TWD's sculpted toys. They look amazing. It seems like they may even move like in the show.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Can't get past that slightly large shirtless zombie. Mistake in an otherwise stunning game. Mods need to make a female zombie replacement.

Stern is set to release mini t-shirts as well as mini polo shirts on their store for the currently shirtless zombie. Shirts will be offered from Nike, Ralph Lauren and Old Navy and for an additional cost can be made to look weathered.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cell block C is pretty big. Any thoughts on what it might do other than house the walker bash toy?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you bash the door down, bash the zombie which then flips up and another shot is revealed behind it.

#909 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, does anyone know if all the quotes are from the show? Surprised not more on this as it could be Avengers with no real quotes, just those actors. That would be of concern to me. The rest is pretty much out there, especially with Lyman on the code.

I would sure hope so. If Stern cannot get at least one of the actors to provide custom callouts they should at least use lines from the show. Part of the reason I never bought Avengers is because lines from the film are not used and that the custom callouts from hired voice actors break the immersion of playing a game set in the Avengers universe for me.

I'm sure that cost is a big factor. It sounds like Stern first has to acquire the license for a game but then also has to acquire a license to use actors audio from the movie or TV show? Somehow Stern pulled both off brilliantly for Lord of the Rings, Simpsons and Family Guy. They also got lucky that Karal Urban is a pinball fan and were able to record custom audio in addition to using actual voice audio from the films. Let's home something similar is done with The Walking Dead.

A Daryl custom callout update would be amazing for this game. Norman Reedus recently signed up to provide audio for next Silent Hill game. I would think he would be willing to do custom audio for a Walking Dead pinball machine.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus-to-star-in-next-silent-hill-video-game-1201281527/

#926 9 years ago

Is anyone slightly bummed about the ruleset not being story based similar to say Lord of the Rings and Star Trek? Based off the rules card there appears to be modes spread throughout the game but none that follow a set path where you must progress through the shows story. I hope I'm wrong as a mission based ruleset with story elements seems to fit The Walking Dead theme very well. Having a mini wizard mode for each season finales main event would be awesome in my opinion. Once the show is complete a final wizard mode could be released by a software update.

#931 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

The rule card Aurich posted seems pretty vanilla to me. I hope they don't just phone in the modes and instead put some creativity in it. With Lyman behind the code, I don't think that will be a problem. Like if you get bit on your right arm, you can no longer hold the right flipper up (ala WoZ). Or if you're fighting a zombie, you can only flip so many times before you run out of ammo.

Very cool idea!

#932 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I actually like the survival theme of the game and not being story mode. It is also why I like Lyman games best, fast playing games. I don't particularly want to sit at a pinball for 30+ minutes.
It is also giving me pause about the Hobbit, all of what is being said about what a mode based game it is. Just different strokes I guess, but for TWD I'm happy.

I hear ya. Sometimes it's fun to just play a game for 5-10 minutes and bash the ball around. At the same time it's also fun to have that deep story based ruleset that keeps you coming back again and again to see how far you can get. If everything is unlocked from the beginning on the playfield (other then MB modes and wizard modes) a game can get old quick, especially in a home environment, in my opinion. Hopefully there's some unique twists on the rules such as the idea that Jeffpm mentioned.

#943 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Love the survival theme of the game - could be very cool to play.
Why though do Stern use those horrible cheap looking pop bumper caps??! It these small things in a super expensive game that bug me.

I'll admit that the first time I saw 1/3 of the detailed head models I thought they were going on top of the bumpers similar to how JJP put "trees" on top of WOZ's bumpers. 3 zombie heads on the bumpers with them making zombie sounds as the ball bounced between the pops would have been pretty cool. I could see someone making a mod for this.

1 week later
#1314 9 years ago

Nice video. The game certainly shows better when you hear just the sounds from the game alone versus other pins audio. The match animation is awesome. Then the announcer guy spoke...ugh. Help us Norman Reedus with your custom voice work...you're are only hope, lol.

#1317 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yeah I agree. Heck I would have been fine with them just ripping off MET and having 3 zombie shaped drops and then the big head you have to bash.
I'm still in and still excited about getting it home, but man the one thing that bugs me at this point is the voice over guy they chose.

That would have been awesome. Maybe the toy could have had 4 in line zombie head drops with a scoop behind the last one (ball lock) representing the 5 windows on the prison toy. Each time a drop is hit a window lights up with the middle window lighting up when the scoop is hit. Mutiball would then start. A difficulty setting could be changed to require the entire sequence be done 3 (lock 3 balls) to start multiball. We can dream

#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agree, match sequence is surprising in how gory Stern made it. The call out at the end "play again, there's more Walkers to kill out there" was just terrible.

I thought the same thing about the match sequence. I was thinking "damn, that's gross, but awesome!" haha. That has to be some of the best dot work I've ever seen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.