(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 9 years ago

Game looks damn cool to me with great detail. But WHERE IS THE LCD?!? When Stern announced back at ST's release that "future games will feature an LCD" ... how far into the future were they talking ?? Even if you can get the LE for $7800-$8000 ... I don't see the justification for the price tag. I guess people will pay that though? I can pass on this one.

#322 9 years ago

Seriously, do folks not see a HUGE improvement in terms of artistic creativity, toys, and overall look from Stern's Star Trek?? I've never watched this show so I was not looking forward to this reveal ... however, WOW. I suddenly want one. When I bought into WOZ I was expecting this level of artistic detail in the toys but was disappointed with the finished product (albeit a somewhat fun game). TWD may not have an LCD but I'm seeing significant more detail in the toys and overall look!

PinballToys.jpgPinballToys.jpg

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, I'll stay in it. I don't need to bring up anymore about WOZ's toy's as that was just in response to Crazy. It won't go any further. I do have interest in the game. I want to see what distributors offer the game at. Like you said to me earlier the MSRP is actually $200 less then STLE so let's see what the actual prices are.

You're right that I only compared one toy ... but I don't think the witch is the most "minimalistic" of them. I could have shown the crystal ball with debug code in it (that every game I've ever seen shows), or the wizard etching plastic (terribly weak), or even the flat-plastic monkey, etc. Bottom line ... there really is no figure/sculpture in WOZ that really screams WOW and the overall artistic feel to the game is sorely lacking. Yes, beautiful playfield and pretty twinkling insert lights (and cool video animations)... but I think it was overpriced and fairly disappointing in the end. To be fair ... I have nothing against JJP as a company and Hobbit may very well knock it out of the park. And Lord knows I have been equally critical of Stern's Star Trek LE which I also thought was lacking a lot for a game priced at 8K (ish).

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Interesting that Stern reveals their latest pin on the day the most innovative tech company in the world announces a new phone and a new watch.
-mof

Most innovative? Well, they were at one time. But the new iPhone looks about as good as the old Samsung S4! They're still behind. And the new iWatch? I'm not seeing anything killer about it. The "Onion" summed it up well:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/features-of-the-new-apple-watch,36890/?fb_action_ids=10152248078611556&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Game looks insanely cool.
If there was a premium at the pro price point, I'd probably start selling stuff to get one. No way a pay that much for a pro that is missing so much compared to the LE.

+1! Sums up my thoughts. And the LE is overpriced too for a standard body non-LCD game.

But hey, I hope a lot of people buy them so they start showing up for resale in another year at a discount.

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay. I digested this abit and am hearing the LEs are selling out.

Seriously?? You heard the "LE's are selling out"?? As if all of the distributors have talked to each other and there is even a rough estimate on sales at this point? And on top of that ... Stern hasn't even announced how many LE's they are making!! I think they are waiting to just gauge interest before saying how many they might make. But there is already a silly rumor of games selling out. Hmmm. I guess we're right back to the LE hype game and mass hysteria people will miss out on a game they THINK might go up in value.

I hope Stern builds 1000 LE's.

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes they did. It's 600.

Okay, my bad. 600. And how could any one distributor (or anyone for that matter) know how close they are to selling out 600 in a distributor-based model?

It's interesting too. They felt they could sell 800 STLE's no problem (for $200 more) but only 600 Walking Dead?? Someone does not have a good feel for the market at all.

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish I made as much money as all you guys that are able to buy ANY game sight unseen and without playing it!!!

I make enough money to buy an LE, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. No way I'm paying anywhere near 8K for a pinball game (even when it looks as cool as this one). The days of 6k LE's looks like a dream now. And since this Pro has SOO much less than the LE and they are still asking close to 6k for it ... forget it. Terrible pricing model. There are just too many good pinballs out there you can buy HUO mint for $4500 and under.

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I just pulled the trigger on an LE. I know I was complaining about the artwork but after seeing the hi-res pics I've changed my mind. Would still like to see the actors "somewhere" though.
I really want all the extra features and didnt want to miss out. If they now decide to do a premium I'm going to be rather pissed off and it will be an obvious Stern scam to get the LE's sold.

LOL, seriously?? You really don't think a Premium is coming at some point? Or how about even a "Vault Edition"?? Or a new "Special Edition" a' la Luci? lol. And when you cry about it later there will be a hundred jerks here who tell you they don't blame Stern one bit for making as much money as they can (so basically quit your whining.) Either you absolutely love the game and the look and don't care if you lose a couple thousand when you go to resell it ... or you are setting yourself up for major disappointment. That is the sad reality of NIB pinball today.

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I know there's a damn good chance there will be a premium. Just saying I'll be pissed if I like the artwork more than the LE.

Because you don't already like the Pro artwork better than the LE? You might be in the minority there.

#1046 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's the happy reality of NIB pinball today:
People are buying NIB pinball for location & home...and enjoying PLAYING!
A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month. Most are buying cuz it's a favorite theme (or designer & programmer) & will enjoy it with their friends & families for years.
Yay!

And why did Stern just cut back to 2 new games a year? Why did Stern go from 800 ST LE's down to 600 TWD LE's? And why did JJP need a new financier to keep them afloat? And where exactly are you reading sales numbers that suggest pinball sales/earnings are thriving?

I would also love to know how you figure "A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month." From my experience most are very concerned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos?tu=craz4pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.