(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Where did you find the card?

I think he is some kind of reporter/writer and gets inside info? Just guessing.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That was my first thought. Another Wolvie disaster but it's a much longer shot. Has a magnet ala Doc Ock I think.

It has a magnet a la Wolverine (on the LE version). Won't be the Wolverine disaster for multiple reasons:
1.) You're hitting metal below the toy, NOT the actual toy. No broken toys!!!
2.) It's higher up on the playfield
3.) It's torso and arms are mounted high enough not to interfere with shots
4.) Lyman's programming the rules
5.) You're shooting a BAD GUY …making good guys into bash toys never makes sense.
6.) You can kill him and see his guts (on the LE version). Toys with change states are cool.

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I heard he is Garys go to guy to bounce ideas off of....

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And then if it sells well, like ACDC , a premium will appear as why on earth wouldn't they make one??!!!!!

Maybe Stern will sell a sexy Luci Premium version of TWD like they did AC/DC !

images.jpgimages.jpg
#405 9 years ago

i'm still trying to figure out what the building is.....is it the barn with the little girl in it?

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right? WOZ also has two mini playfields, 5 magnets, the crystal ball toy, clear coated apron, actual metal rails, and multiple VUK's. You compare one of WOZ's most minimalist toys to TWD's most detailed...wow.
The heads from TWD do look really cool.

you just can't help yourself...

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from Chondro:

i'm still trying to figure out what the building is.....is it the barn with the little girl in it?

It's the Prison, Cell Block "C"

#408 9 years ago

Interesting that Stern reveals their latest pin on the day the most innovative tech company in the world announces a new phone and a new watch.
-mof

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From Gary ....
a single bank drop target,

Bank: Noun

"A set or series of similar things, especially electrical or electronic devices, grouped together in rows."

So... a single drop target "bank"... but a bank means multiple items So a single bank is not a bank... but... OK, my head hurts now

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has a magnet a la Wolverine (on the LE version). Won't be the Wolverine disaster for multiple reasons:
1.) You're hitting metal below the toy, NOT the actual toy. No broken toys!!!
2.) It's higher up on the playfield
3.) It's torso and arms are mounted high enough not to inverfere with shots
4.) Lyman's programming the rules
5.) You're shooting a BAD GUY …making good guys into bash toys never makes sense.
6.) You can kill him and see his guts (on the LE version). Toys with change states are cool.

I like it. Torso and guts look very cool. Love the artwork! Not even Lyman could fix Wolvie

Are you in or out?

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Interesting that Stern reveals their latest pin on the day the most innovative tech company in the world announces a new phone and a new watch.
-mof

Most innovative? Well, they were at one time. But the new iPhone looks about as good as the old Samsung S4! They're still behind. And the new iWatch? I'm not seeing anything killer about it. The "Onion" summed it up well:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/features-of-the-new-apple-watch,36890/?fb_action_ids=10152248078611556&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Looks like a reskin of Austin Powers.

Right down to Zombie Fat Bastard!

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah, since I work for Ars Technica I talk to Stern's PR. I'm working on getting more high rez art so I can put up a story. If they get me what I asked for I'll put up a link. In the meantime I figured I'd share the rule card.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I heard he is Garys go to guy to bounce ideas off of....

That too!

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That was my logic with Lebowski, as it's one of my favorite films - what am I gonna do, NOT buy Lebowski!?!?

Say what you want about the tenets of the CARGPB, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

#416 9 years ago

I think it looks hidious. Every playfield from stern has so few fantasy. They all look the same with some minor changes.

6k euro for the pro... LOL!!! And for that you have to wait one or 2 years before the code is fun to play.

Never!

#417 9 years ago

it looks really tempting..... I may need to sell of my HUO LOTR

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Wonder how much AMC argued to get their branding everywhere?

And people gave Mustang so much grief because it had the word Ford in a few small places.

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rule card to give you something else to chew on.

twd-rules.jpg 152 KB

Great! Now that you know the rules, get crackin on custom ones we can download....in between coaching soccer games, Star Trek translite, and general life of course

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

And people gave Mustang so much grief because it had the word Ford in a few small places.

I think it was because it had Mustang in the others.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, since I work for Ars Technica I talk to Stern's PR. I'm working on getting more high rez art so I can put up a story. If they get me what I asked for I'll put up a link. In the meantime I figured I'd share the rule card.

Cool Thanks for doing so.

#422 9 years ago

Playfield looks great, LE looks good, but I really hate the gigantic AMC logos all over the Pro cabinet, especially since when I play I'll be trying to pretend it's the comics and not the awful tv show.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Playfield looks great, LE looks good, but I really hate the gigantic AMC logos all over the Pro cabinet, especially since when I play I'll be trying to pretend it's the comics and not the awful tv show.

That is most likely why the AMC is so prominent, their license dictates that it has to clearly BE the tv show. No confusion that it is the comic.

#424 9 years ago

Anyone else think the flipper bats should be red? Easy enough to swap out, but not sure why they chose yellow.

#425 9 years ago

There is a red glow inside the building.. Glows on the back of the zombie target. These optos? Think that target flips up? Or down like a mm troll? Thoughts?

#426 9 years ago

If you're considering buying it, Jack likes it!

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyone else think the flipper bats should be red? Easy enough to swap out, but not sure why they chose yellow.

probably what they have in stock.

but yeah chrome red would be much better.

#428 9 years ago

Maybee it's on a motor like the metallica cross?

#429 9 years ago

I love pinball, love the TWD series, and wasn't interested in this title due to space constraints until I saw the pics- WOW this thing looks great! Layout looks good too, I seem to like Borg games and with Lyman on code it has promise IMO. Now I wanted one and was falling right back into the way I used to get excited about past Stern releases and the hype.

Then I saw the pricing and was immediately turned off. I was set on buying one but I'm not taking the pre-order gamble on code and gameplay when the price is so high. The pro pice jump is especially a joke. Too bad, I was a customer at one point, but they've lost me now.

Now I'm back to square one on this title- going to wait and play one somewhere, hoping it's good, seeing how code develops, then I might snag a used one or NIB if it wows me.

#430 9 years ago

Original art. Yay!

Still would have preferred it based on the black and white comic book. That would have been awesome.

#431 9 years ago

Looks interesting but nothing I would buy. I am not into owning a gore themed game.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Then I saw the pricing and was immediately turned off. .

Im leaning towards MET LED Pro

#433 9 years ago

Game looks insanely cool.

If there was a premium at the pro price point, I'd probably start selling stuff to get one. No way a pay that much for a pro that is missing so much compared to the LE.

Any local pinheads get in on this LE and want to temp trade down the road, LMK.

Awesome looking machine.

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

By the way, here's why I prefer the pro cab:

It's going in that corner, but an LE it is, even if I like the colors of the Pro Cab. Just too many goodies I think are cool.

Entertainment Center.jpg 115 KB

Sweet living room

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from Chondro:

It's the barn

#436 9 years ago

I'm glad to see so many positive reactions to this game. I hope someone in our league will buy one. That price hike is insane, though; I'm out for NIB until things come back to earth. The one upside is more old pins showing up for sale - the circle of life.

#437 9 years ago

Have any of you guys called any distro's to price out TWDLE? It's cheaper than my STLE was! Seriously, give them a shout out to get a real quote before yelling CAVIAR!!

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Game looks insanely cool.
If there was a premium at the pro price point, I'd probably start selling stuff to get one. No way a pay that much for a pro that is missing so much compared to the LE.

+1! Sums up my thoughts. And the LE is overpriced too for a standard body non-LCD game.

But hey, I hope a lot of people buy them so they start showing up for resale in another year at a discount.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Have any of you guys called any distro's to price out TWDLE? It's cheaper than my STLE was! Seriously, give them a shout out to get a real quote before yelling CAVIAR!!

I have. Just keep in mind TWDLE doesn't have a shaker.

Edit: I'm also not yelling CAVIAR!

#440 9 years ago

I was thinking the acronym for the pin could be AMC instead of TWD.

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I have. Just keep in mind TWDLE doesn't have a shaker.
Edit: I'm also not yelling CAVIAR!

Why? You don't like caviar? :p

And how many of us are sitting on extra shaker motors too?

Not literally of course. Well, at least not plugged in and running...

Much.

#442 9 years ago

What prices are you guys actually getting quoted delivered?

#443 9 years ago

I like the colors in this game...

Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-Prison1.jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-Prison1.jpg285159.jpg285159.jpg
Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-Detail2-723.jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-Detail2-723.jpgStern-WalkingDead-LE-Detail15-28.jpgStern-WalkingDead-LE-Detail15-28.jpg
Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-WellZombie2.jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-WellZombie2.jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-Detail12__1_ (1).jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-Detail12__1_ (1).jpg

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

What prices are you guys actually getting quoted delivered?

Im just guessing, but id assume 12-13% off retail

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I am finally home and able to look at the pictures. This is sweet:

The ramp lifts and the bash toy zombie head is exposed. Very cool. I'm drawing a blank here. Has there been something like that before?

image-480.jpg 44 KB

NGG has this setup...a gopher is behind one.

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like it. Torso and guts look very cool. Love the artwork! Not even Lyman could fix Wolvie
Are you in or out?

I'm having the same crisis I have whenever a new game comes out…

Little dude on one shoulder: "You don't need another game, you have enough f*ckin' games…MMr's coming, Lebowski's coming…"

Little dude on other shoulder: "F*ck it, life's short, just f*cking order it, prick!"

I think it looks great and I definitely want to play it…but because I'm not into the show at all, I don't really feel compelled to rush and pre-order one. I'll play a Pro first, and make up my mind. If I love it, I'll prob want an LE…they might be gone, but I'll take that chance. Worse comes to worse I can buy a used one from someone local…there's always someone who sells the new games soon after release.

#447 9 years ago

Anyone have pricing (ex shipping) from a distributor for the "LE" and if so could you PM me what you have been quoted? Thanks.

#448 9 years ago

Congrats to everyone who's been hanging out for this machine. Looks like it's been delivered in spades. It's never going to get anywhere near my house, but I think it looks fantastic for those into the theme.

#449 9 years ago

I can't wait to play one. I hope it sucks lol. I'm buying something new before the year ends & there's no shortage of cool shit as of late but there is a shortage of money/space

Hope the code has some meat n taters upon release

#450 9 years ago

Awesome, love the art work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 26.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 49.99
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.