(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.
#351 9 years ago

That is more sad than funny

#352 9 years ago

Just think about it... We get to play The Dead while watching The Dead!

#353 9 years ago

If Stern want LE's to sell out in a softening market, it is a good ploy NOT to mention premium now, as people will buy the LE.

And then if it sells well, like ACDC , a premium will appear as why on earth wouldn't they make one??!!!!!

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just think about it... We get to play The Dead while watching The Dead!

Art imitates life.

th-3-569.jpegth-3-569.jpeg

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

possible yes,.. but that is also what they thought about Tron getting an premium edition.. well that never happened..

If memory serves, the "premium" marketing strategy was probably developed because the desire for the Tron LE versus the Tron Pro showed Stern that there was a strong market for a fully featured machine without all the bling at a decent premium over the Pro pricing.

I think it would have been hard for Stern to make a Premium model of Tron after the fact because there wouldn't be enough features to differentiate the Premium from the LE. Also, wasn't the price differential between the Tron LE and Tron Pro closer to the Pro/Premium differential today?

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Seriously, do folks not see a HUGE improvement in terms of artistic creativity, toys, and overall look from Stern's Star Trek?? I've never watched this show so I was not looking forward to this reveal ... however, WOW. I suddenly want one. When I bought into WOZ I was expecting this level of artistic detail in the toys but was disappointed with the finished product (albeit a somewhat fun game). TWD may not have an LCD but I'm seeing significant more detail in the toys and overall look!

PinballToys.jpg 62 KB

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right? WOZ also has two mini playfields, 5 magnets, the crystal ball toy, clear coated apron, actual metal rails, and multiple VUK's. You compare one of WOZ's most minimalist toys to TWD's most detailed...wow.

The heads from TWD do look really cool.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right?

Troll

#358 9 years ago

Big props to Stern! Best licence they have had since LOTR. Not another super hero theme. Finally, the return of the horror themes. Looks awesome!

#359 9 years ago

Don't talk about yourself like that. You say that but thumbs of Crazy's post. Go figure. lol

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right? I'll take WOZ's two mini playfields, 5 magnets, crystal ball toy, and multiple VUK's over the three heads any day. Try again.

Woz gameplay is a freakin joke, get outta here

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't talk about yourself like that. You say that but thumbs of Crazy's post. Go figure. lol

Why don't you just stay out of the thread. We know you have zero interest in the game, and we aren't interested in hearing how much better you think WOZ is cuz it has more toys.

#362 9 years ago

The LE looks to offer more than any other Stern. The only question I have is when does it ship!

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That head from TWD pinball is worth at least $3k right? WOZ also has two mini playfields, 5 magnets, the crystal ball toy, clear coated apron, actual metal rails, and multiple VUK's.

…and then you you have to play it .

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You compare one of WOZ's most minimalist toys to TWD's most detailed...wow.

All the toys in WOZ are little sculptures…there's nothing that fantastic about any of them. A sculpted witch. A sculpted house. Woohoo. So - why would you insult TWD's sculpted toys? I like Matt, but he's no Greg Nicotero.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why don't you just stay out of the thread. We no you have zero interest in the game, and we aren't interested in hearing how much better you think WOZ is cuz it has more toys.

Nah, I'll stay in it. I don't need to bring up anymore about WOZ's toy's as that was just in response to Crazy. It won't go any further. I do have interest in the game. I want to see what distributors offer the game at. Like you said to me earlier the MSRP is actually $200 less then STLE so let's see what the actual prices are.

I wish I could afford both TH LE and TWD LE but can only pick one. I'm still leaning towards The Hobbit but will keep an open mind about TWD.

#365 9 years ago

What are people's thoughts on what the sound is going to consist of? I saw the quote about, "It won't include any voice work from the actors." I assume that means no actor will be doing original quotes for the game. But will there be lines lifted from the show and put into the game do you think? Or will there be voice work done ala X-Men? My wife says that could be a deal breaker for her.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…and then you you have to play it .

All the toys in WOZ are little sculptures…there's nothing that fantastic about any of them. A sculpted witch. A sculpted house. Woohoo. So - why would you insult TWD's sculpted toys? I like Matt, but he's no Greg Nicotero.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never insulted TWD's sculpted toys. They look amazing. It seems like they may even move like in the show.

#367 9 years ago

Both the Pro and the LE have the 3-bank drop target on the left side. I actually wish they would have made those regular stand ups on The Pro and gave The Pro the missing spinners and maybe even that additional single drop.

2 Spinners and 1 Single Drop = Same Price As 3 Bank Drop Target.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

The LE looks to offer more than any other Stern. The only question I have is when does it ship!

"Pre- Order Production is expected to start in Late October. Expected Domestic Shipping is Second Week of November"

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Woz gameplay is a freakin joke, get outta here

cant agree more i mean woz has the looks and many toys sure.. but gameplay wise sucks ass , doesnt matter how well its been coded to me.. some people says it is kinda similar to TZ.. well NOT even close to it imo

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

What are people's thoughts on what the sound is going to consist of? I saw the quote about, "It won't include any voice work from the actors." I assume that means no actor will be doing original quotes for the game. But will there be lines lifted from the show and put into the game do you think? Or will there be voice work done ala X-Men? My wife says that could be a deal breaker for her.

I'm hoping clips pulled from the show, but you're gonna need call outs of some kind, so that could be good or bad.
Clips from show with a Zombie voice of some kind could be cool.

I am happy to read on the spec sheet "Experience The Walking Dead Score and Music", so that's a VERY good thing!

#371 9 years ago

Edit: Unnecessary post.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

"Pre- Order Production is expected to start in Late October. Expected Domestic Shipping is Second Week of November"

Im a Stern distributor and was told sooner than that.

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, I'll stay in it. I don't need to bring up anymore about WOZ's toy's as that was just in response to Crazy. It won't go any further. I do have interest in the game. I want to see what distributors offer the game at. Like you said to me earlier the MSRP is actually $200 less then STLE so let's see what the actual prices are.
I wish I could afford both TH LE and TWD LE but can only pick one. I'm still leaning towards The Hobbit but will keep an open mind about TWD.

Fair enough.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You're right that I only compared one toy ... but I don't think the witch is the most "minimalistic" of them. I could have shown the crystal ball with debug code in it (that every game I've ever seen shows), or the wizard etching plastic (terribly weak), or even the flat-plastic monkey, etc. Bottom line ... there really is no figure/sculpture in WOZ that really screams WOW and the overall artistic feel to the game is sorely lacking. Yes, beautiful playfield and pretty twinkling insert lights (and cool video animations)... but I think it was overpriced and fairly disappointing in the end. To be fair ... I have nothing against JJP as a company and Hobbit may very well knock it out of the park. And Lord knows I have been equally critical of Stern's Star Trek LE which I also thought was lacking a lot for a game priced at 8K (ish).

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

"A giant crossbow comes out of the front of the machine, it literally slides out, and you can fire pinballs anywhere on the field," said Jody Dankberg, Stern's director of marketing and licensing.

I'm still scrolling through 300 more posts here... but I'm really confused on how this crossbow works.

#376 9 years ago

I am wondering if the dmd will be clips pulled from show like tron,tf sm, ect,I think they look a mess,I like the dots On games like st better,will will see

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I'm still scrolling through 300 more posts here... but I'm really confused on how this crossbow works.

Look up some videos of Austin Powers…it's the same toy. There's a magnet on the ramp that diverts the ball into the "crossbow"…it swings out back and forth like any game with a cannon…you hit the button the lockbar to fire the ball. So - I'm guessing, when the Crossbow lamp on the right ramp is lit, you hit it and the ball diverts to the cannon…there will probably be a lit shot you have to hit with it. My guess is for the Pro, you still get the lit shot, but you just hit it from the flipper.

#378 9 years ago

Wow, must have this!

#379 9 years ago

Can't wait to play it but not sure i like the looks of that wolverine zombie toy.

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Right in the middle of the apron, I think you load it from one of the ramps and it flips out and scans back and forth across the playfield and you hit the fire button on the lockbar to launch the ball.

EDIT: Rarehero was 17 seconds faster and explained it better.

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look up some videos of Austin Powers…it's the same toy. There's a magnet on the ramp that diverts the ball into the "crossbow"…it swings out back and forth like any game with a cannon…you hit the button the lockbar to fire the ball. So - I'm guessing, when the Crossbow lamp on the right ramp is lit, you hit it and the ball diverts to the cannon…there will probably be a lit shot you have to hit with it. My guess is for the Pro, you still get the lit shot, but you just hit it from the flipper.

Thanks! When I called around I only got quotes for the pro, now I am wondering how much extra a LE costs. That seems to be the major feature but I just don't see how the crossbow goes from the stationary folded position to crossing the flipper and being in the shooting position. I'm not a gearhead though...

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Go to the 3:55 mark in this video to see the crossbow toy in action:

#383 9 years ago

As I continue to go over the images, Pinsider comments, and Gary's takes this pin is really starting to grow on me ::takes another sip of the kool-aid:: Anyone wanna print me some custom cabinet decals if I go ahead with an LE?

#384 9 years ago

Rule card to give you something else to chew on.

twd-rules.jpgtwd-rules.jpg

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Go to the 5:33 mark in this video to see the crossbow toy in action:

Thanks... I don't really like it much. It just seems cumbersome. I really like the left ramp lifting on the LE though. I guess I should save my extra money and put it into the mods that will come out.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

Can't wait to play it but not sure i like the looks of that wolverine zombie toy.

It's more then two inches from the flippers though

#387 9 years ago

I told you guys. Nice artwork, dark pf, unique setup.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Love this stuff considering the amount of Trolls that continually hung out on WOZ threads crapping all over everything they could Having said that, this looks like it could be one of Sterns finest. As long as it shoots well and they get a Fing code deep and complete, I may be in for an LE. Well done Stern, and thanks for finally listening oh but could you also get into the new age and at least add a colored DMD and shaker .....They are listening right?

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

This Pro and LE crap is keeping me from ever getting a NIB from Stern. Too much missing from the pro and way to expensive for the LE. I love this layout. The game looks like a real winner, but at this price point only the rich can afford it. Why can't they just make one model and price it between the two? At least we will continue to see the B/W a titles come down in price because of this. I almost can't even afford to be in the hobby anymore

You just said it. Stick with the B/W's. They're better anyway.

#390 9 years ago

So how does the walker count work? I see number 1,2,3,4,5 then 10,20,30,40 what about 6,7,8,9?

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So how does the walker count work? I see number 1,2,3,4,5 then 10,20,30,40 what about 6,7,8,9?

1,2,3,4,5, then 1,2,3,4,5, then 10 lights up, then 1,2,3,4,5 and so on

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The hell have you been hiding?

Well, you know... been helping Blake with the rough cut for the pinball documentary and such...

https://www.facebook.com/ShootAgainMovie

I got distracted by Hearthstone, and then by Ingress. But I'm tired of those things, and ready to get back to PINBALL!!

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

1,2,3,4,5, then 1,2,3,4,5, then 10 lights up, then 1,2,3,4,5 and so on

So it holds the 5 while it cycles through 1-2-3-4 a second time?
-mof

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

That was my first thought. Another Wolvie disaster but it's a much longer shot. Has a magnet ala Doc Ock I think. And the scale is a ton better than Wolvie. Still digesting.

I love the looks of it! Need to see the crossbow in action

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So it holds the 5 while it cycles through 1-2-3-4 a second time?
-mof

Good question. I know on old games there were 2x, 3x ect... when you ran out of numbers and needed to cycle through them again. But I don't see those on this playfield?

#396 9 years ago

Wow! I'm trying to keep up I havn't even gotten to read half of this tread! But the people I have talked to are excited. I'm trying to keep up on Emails, Phone calls and PM's.

JJ

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Wow! I'm trying to keep up I havn't even gotten to read half of this tread! But the people I have talked to are excited. I'm trying to keep up on Emails, Phone calls and PM's.
JJ

I think your going to be busy for awhile with this one JJ...I'm in on this for sure, I will get in touch with you.... Just waiting to see if a premium will be available before I settle for a pro...

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

telegrams?

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rule card to give you something else to chew on.

twd-rules.jpg 152 KB

Where did you find the card?

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Where did you find the card?

Yea, find us high res pic of playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 26.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.