(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.
#301 9 years ago

whats the over/under for completed code? i give it 1 year. so how many 8000$ beta testers are getting this?

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I started watching the show on netflix, I had never seen an episode before but it quickly sucked me in. Now, after watching the first 3 seasons and eagerly awaiting the arrival of season 4

Binge watching is the way to go. Season 2 weekly watching burned me out.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks cool but the price hike, no metal rails (at LE level) plus no LCD = a pass in my book.

Pay attention. Price has gone DOWN $200.00 compared to STLE.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

And I love the center gun on the LE, that's a new place for a cannon never seen before. I still have to play it to see/feel/hear everything going on, but I'm still stoked as hell!!

The crossbow is a 100% exact replica of the gun found on Austin Powers in the same place.

#305 9 years ago

Game looks fun.

I will wait and PLAY it before even considering anything about it! I will also be more concerned with the state of the code before even thinking about a purchase.

I would think about buying one to put on route, but it needs to play well and have good code out of the gate to even be a remote possibility. The PRO prices also needs to come down and not go up!

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

The crossbow is a 100% exact replica of the gun found on Austin Powers in the same place.

Its like people hearing a pop song today thinking its original when the whole thing is just a rip from a 60's song.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As well as quantity #'s. Double bonus. Stern clearly is now at least taking pinsiders collective opinion into account.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I thought you swore off all NIB Sterns.

Buy it anyway! Feed the addiction! Misery loves company, I am buying...so you should buy as well. Out of spite for yourself.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

I'm sure the drop targets can be found in countless games as well.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Agreed. No premium makes 600 more palatable.

Surprised at the people rationalizing an LE purchase due to the lack of a premium announcement right now. I guess Stern's marketing strategy works. Kudo's to their marketing team.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm sure the drop targets can be found in countless games as well.

For sure but Joelomatik said that the crossbow was "never seen before"

#312 9 years ago

Awesome!!!!! This maybe my first NIB pin.

#313 9 years ago

hate the theme but looks like they have lots to do, nice toys, great detail, etc.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No Good Gofers…sorta. I think Gofers is a bit more functional/complex as the Gofers can go up and down, and if the ramp stays up it reveals the ball lock. I get the feeling this is just ramp up - bash - ramp down. Could be a ball lock, but I think there'd have to be an opto or switch in there.

Pinbot....Jackbot. Long shot under lift ramp to static target.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

Someone said the same mech was used in Austin Powers.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Surprised at the people rationalizing an LE purchase due to the lack of a premium announcement right now. I guess Stern's marketing strategy works. Kudo's to their marketing team.

Please. I think you selected the wrong person to quote to try and belittle someone on. I had a preorder in 5 minutes after the DVD flier was leaked. I don't need to talk myself into anything. I can afford it either way and was buying it even if 1,000 LE's were announced. TWD was my dream theme. 600 plus potentially no premium is just gravy.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

I stand corrected, I forgot about the AP gun location.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I get your logic now.

Don't quote me out of context. Tron has nothing to do with current game marketing.

#319 9 years ago

So... no high-res shot of the playfield?

#320 9 years ago

wow not a big fan of the show but yes i do watch it sometimes.

i have to say the game looks pretty damn good and that could make me change my mind and maybe buy one, price and gameplay will be a big factor here.

i think the Pro looks very good, i like the artwork better than the LE with the red background, make sense, too bad we have the actors mug on the cab but it's not too bad between 2 other pins and i can live with that.
LE cab looks well... average, a wooden box but PF have a lot of cool toys.
no spinner on the PRO is a bad and ridiculous decision when already missing the other cools stuff, target, ramp going up. it's like they removed everything (almost) and trying to justify the price on the LE (without a shaker) no premium like their forcing the collector to buy the LE.
price going up (last august) on the pro is ridiculous, stern said their main costumers are the operators, thanks for helping them, no wonder why there is no pinballs in arcades (well, here). at one point this have to stop!
even more if they keep cutting on features.

i can already see a lot of mods in that machine, modders will be all over this... maybe my self included.
i think it's a nice machine, seems to have a lot of cool features.
they wanted something to attract the new generation... there you go.

i do think it's a home run!

from gary... ''The Pro distributor price will be the same as price established starting on August 15''

what was the price in august?

Post edited by beatmaster: typo

#321 9 years ago

So, I guess there are a few posters who quoted ' I am never buying a NIB Stern without playing it and seeing how the code develops' do a u turn!

68005_119_w1-11_s_sm.gif68005_119_w1-11_s_sm.gif
#322 9 years ago

Seriously, do folks not see a HUGE improvement in terms of artistic creativity, toys, and overall look from Stern's Star Trek?? I've never watched this show so I was not looking forward to this reveal ... however, WOW. I suddenly want one. When I bought into WOZ I was expecting this level of artistic detail in the toys but was disappointed with the finished product (albeit a somewhat fun game). TWD may not have an LCD but I'm seeing significant more detail in the toys and overall look!

PinballToys.jpgPinballToys.jpg

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I thought you swore off all NIB Sterns.
Buy it anyway! Feed the addiction! Misery loves company, I am buying...so you should buy as well. Out of spite for yourself.

I thought RobT was one of the guys that insists on actually playing the pin before buying it, no?

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron has nothing to do with current game marketing.

The current game marketing for this machine has an LE with features that are not available on any other model. Regardless of how other machines are being presented. If they were to then make a premium after the fact I would see no difference besides the timeline and maybe how the box was marked. Either way it doesn't matter to me.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Don't forget about the coupon in the TWD DVD set. Don't know if the 15% off will be on the distributor price though!

Aha! That's it! I bet that actual price won't be THAT much different, but if you have a game listed at $6,000, 15% off makes it $5100. At $5100 as the base price, I bet the price doesn't change much for dealers selling these straight out, Stern just made a great deal to include the coupon and needed to make sure they still had enough margin there for profit.

At least, I hope so.

#326 9 years ago

i will definitely play it before buying.

#327 9 years ago

Not only does the Austin powers "laser" resemble the new crossbow. It looks like the bonus is somewhat similar to the bonus on Austin powers as well. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I like how the bonus is generated on Austin Powers.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From Gary ....
I am more excited about this game than I have been about a pinball machine in years.

Y U no love Metallica?

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I thought RobT was one of the guys that insists on actually playing the pin before buying it, no?

he is having a weak moment, let's see if he sobers up in time to make a rational decision

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

he is having a weak moment, let's see if he sobers up in time to make a rational decision

Dude! Did you just accuse me of being able to be rational!?!

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude! Did you just accuse me of being able to be rational!?!

Rational if that $200 you saved comes my way.

#332 9 years ago

I don't like the theme but,WOW that playfield looks AWESOME!!

#333 9 years ago

What was the average pricing on stle? Just curious on pricing now that twdle pricing starts being given out.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

The Gov'nah couldn't be happier about the LE features!

govnah.jpg 44 KB

The hell have you been hiding?

#335 9 years ago

Sterns site is having a real hard time dealing with all the traffic....

#336 9 years ago

Anyone else disappointed that the crossbow looks absolutely nothing like a crossbow.

Is it time to start mentioning Borg in the same sentence as Ritchie and Lawlor for great playfield designs? This one is awesome.

ez

#337 9 years ago

i hate rehash of old toys...that austin powers cannon is the only thing i hate...cause i dont care to be reminded of austin powers when im playing my brand new $8k game

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Anyone else disappointed that the crossbow looks absolutely nothing like a crossbow.
Is it time to start mentioning Borg in the same sentence as Ritchie and Lawlor for great playfield designs? This one is awesome.
ez

I want to believe that there will be a plastic cross bow on top but who knows.

Looking back at the games I have enjoyed the most, Borg is represented well. He is in my top three designers for sure!

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Please. I think you selected the wrong person to quote to try and belittle someone on. I had a preorder in 5 minutes after the DVD flier was leaked. I don't need to talk myself into anything. I can afford it either way and was buying it even if 1,000 LE's were announced. TWD was my dream theme. 600 plus potentially no premium is just gravy.

Ouch! Apologies, didn't mean to belittle you or anyone else. Just think there is little to no chance of there not being a premium based on the theme, how good the machine looks and how well it is being received. I think they will really have to mess up in other areas for TWD not to be a hit. And, if they mess up that bad, will the existence of a premium really matter?

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I want to believe that there will be a plastic cross bow on top but who knows.
Looking back at the games I have enjoyed the most, Borg is represented well. He is in my top three designers for sure!

for me he is 1 of the 3 top designers of all time too..
next come john trudeau and steve ritchie..

many would say why not pat lawlor, well he went downhill .. and borg climbed the mountain if u ask me.

#341 9 years ago

If you go on Stern's site, it specifically says "two table options", with "pro" and "LE" under that.

Still no mention of a Premium in the future. Apparently some distribs have been told it's possible though?

#342 9 years ago

LMAO @ all the "That sucks, this is a rehash of this & that." and then the bitching about MSRP. If they spend a ton of money on ALL new everything, the price would be even higher... Make up your minds!

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you go on Stern's site, it specifically says "two table options", with "pro" and "LE" under that.
Still no mention of a Premium in the future. Apparently some distribs have been told it's possible though?

possible yes,.. but that is also what they thought about Tron getting an premium edition.. well that never happened..

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Ouch! Apologies, didn't mean to belittle you or anyone else. Just think there is little to no chance of there not being a premium based on the theme, how good the machine looks and how well it is being received. I think they will really have to mess up in other areas for TWD not to be a hit. And, if they mess up that bad, will the existence of a premium really matter?

Fair enough. I appreciate the reply.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

possible yes,.. but that is also what they thought about Tron getting an premium edition.. well that never happened.

I'm assuming that here are more (pin) people who love TWD then there are of Tron... So I think there is a better chance of TWD getting a premium... but it's just an assumption.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I AM paying attention Rob. I usually like the Pro games better because I usually don't think the little extra they squeeze into the LE is worth the huge costs. The only game I feel was worth the extra to go to the Premium is AC/DC. So lets look at the current Pro pricing listed on Stern's site:

AC/DC - MSRP $5,699
Metallica - MSRP $5,395
Star Trek - MSRP $5,395
Mustang - MSRP $5,395
Iron Man VE - MSRP $5,495

The Walking Dead - MSRP $5,995

That right there is $300 more than anything else they are selling. I realize that these are all just MSRP. However I also realize that as MSRP goes up, so do the costs that I pay to get a game into my house.

#347 9 years ago

maybe they will have a premium option once the le's sell out.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I AM paying attention Rob. I usually like the Pro games better because I usually don't think the little extra they squeeze into the LE is worth the huge costs. The only game I feel was worth the extra to go to the Premium is AC/DC. So lets look at the current Pro pricing listed on Stern's site:
AC/DC - MSRP $5,699
Metallica - MSRP $5,395
Star Trek - MSRP $5,395
Mustang - MSRP $5,395
Iron Man VE - MSRP $5,495
The Walking Dead - MSRP $5,995
That right there is $300 more than anything else they are selling. I realize that these are all just MSRP. However I also realize that as MSRP goes up, so do the costs that I pay to get a game into my house.

I was obviously talking about the LE, as was the post that I responded to (which wasn't yours).

I'm not happy about the increase in prices on the Pro either. Sucks.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Theoretical TWD Premium: Pro cab & translite art, full featured playfield. Don't think anyone could complain about that.

Replace TWD in above statement with TRON

Just kidding Rarehero

#350 9 years ago

Looks like we are heading towards a12k LE in Aus sooner rather than later.
What a joke!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.