(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's crazy. Not even close in my opinion. Not sure why people would prefer the one with the actors mugs all over it.

I was probably a little hasty with this comment.

The actors faces are definitely not plastered "all over it". They aren't on the translite. Or the backbox sides. And the representation on the side of the cab isn't too bad.

I still prefer the LE with no actors, but the pro isn't as bad as I first thought.

#152 9 years ago

This game is BEGGING for a shaker!

#153 9 years ago

It seems that there may be a mixture of Premium and LE pictures there. I noticed the ruddy red on the LE with the fire button, but there are also pictures showing a black trim with the fire button and bow mechanism.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Love what I see so far. I'm probably going to be in on this one

Does that mean you are going to have to take a pass on grand Prix?

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does that mean you are going to have to take a pass on Grand Prix?

Uh... NO!

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

By the way, here's why I prefer the pro cab:

you could probably justsell your tv to pay for TWD LE

#157 9 years ago

Art on the PF looks just right. I'm hoping my local place gets one of these, sure to be a money maker.

The pro not having a spinner is a bummer since I love those, but the star rollovers are pretty cool. Since they are in line with the shooter lane path, I wonder if the skill shot would be to go over the first one, but not the second. You'd really only get one shot at it since if you make it past the gate, but not to the star, it would roll down into the PF.

#158 9 years ago

Don't forget about the coupon in the TWD DVD set. Don't know if the 15% off will be on the distributor price though!

279167-88.jpg279167-88.jpg
#159 9 years ago

I was almost expecting to be disappointed. I'm definitely not.

#160 9 years ago

Art is a bit too busy for my taste. Cab art looks good. Playfield looks like vomit, and not in a good zombie vomit way.

#161 9 years ago

Can't wait to see some video...

#162 9 years ago

Maybe you guys already caught this, but reading through the features list again, it looks like the ramps crossover behind the playfield! They both enter and exit on opposite sides...

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

When I saw the pics, I assumed the were similar to IM ramps, but perhaps not....

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It's not like the prices went up thousands of dollars.
They went up hundreds.
Most people that can afford to blow $5000 on a pin can usually find a way to come up with a few hundred more...if they dig the theme.

Pete, while I agree that they are only going up hundreds, they are doing that on almost every title. At some point that reaches a tipping point, and I think they are there now. I don't mind blowing 5k on a pinball machine. I've spent a lot more than that on one without issue. But I think they are reaching too high now. And yes, I am chapped about it.

#164 9 years ago

This game looks awesome.... Great theme, artwork, layout..... But, as long as Stern continues pumping out DMD games, they're stagnant. This was a waste of an unbelievable opportunity to incorporate HD LCD screen into one of their games. For $8500 they need to step up the display. I do think pinball is on the rise again, but younger generations have no interest in scrolling dots.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from am3477:

younger generations have no interest in scrolling dots.

Younger generations have no interest in shelling out $8500 for a pinball machine.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Don't forget about the coupon in the TWD DVD set. Don't know if the 15% off will be on the distributor price though!

279167-88.jpg 42 KB

That coupon is only for shopthewalkingdead.com and the pinball machine isn't sold on there.

#167 9 years ago

Looks great. My only complaint is that I dont think the AMC logo is big enough on the cabinet.

#168 9 years ago

We need some video's..

#169 9 years ago

Looks good and very promising.

The Pro art is very very cool.
Playfield art has a lot of detail and toys look way cool.
Playfield layout looks also promising.

With good rules this could be one of Stern's best.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

But oddly most seem to prefer the Pro cab so far.

I like the LE cab and would be very happy with it. One of the best parts LE over the Pro is that when they die I wouldn't have one pictured on my game as if still living

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from am3477:

This was a waste of an unbelievable opportunity to incorporate HD LCD screen into one of their games.

I honestly don't see the draw of an LCD. The WOZ looks annoying to me. Hell, I rarely even look at the display during game play unless absolutely necessary... That's what the call outs are for! LOL. I DO watch it when someone else is playing & I actually love the dot art. IMO (as a non video gamer)... If you want to see video, go watch TV or play a video game, I'm here to play pinball!

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That coupon is only for shopthewalkingdead.com and the pinball machine isn't sold on there.

I agree but what if they are going to sell it there and the 15% works. I might explain why Stern upped the msrp so much.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

I honestly don't see the draw of an LCD. The WOZ looks annoying to me. Hell, I rarely even look at the display during game play unless absolutely necessary... That's what the call outs are for! LOL. I DO watch it when someone else is playing & I actually love the dot art. IMO (as a non video gamer)... If you want to see video, go watch TV or play a video game, I'm here to play pinball!

Stern should just go back to lit numbers behind the translite or a small digital score meter.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It's not like the prices went up thousands of dollars.
They went up hundreds.

Thank god for small miracles, huh?

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I agree but what if they are going to sell it there and the 15% works. I might explain why Stern upped the msrp so much.

Except the code expires at the end of next month... Why hike it up so much for such a short time? And that doesn't cover all the distributors? I'd be pissed if I pre-ordered with my usual place only to find out I could've WAITED and ordered via AMC for about $700-900 less.

#176 9 years ago

Saw this quote in an article on TWD, thought it was an interesting factoid: "The Walking Dead pinball is one of six machines Stern Pinball has planned through 2015, Dankberg said."

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Saw this quote in an article on TWD, thought it was an interesting factoid: "The Walking Dead pinball is one of six machines Stern Pinball has planned through 2015, Dankberg said."

Probably Pro/LE of 3 titles = 6 machines...

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Looks great. My only complaint is that I dont think the AMC logo is big enough on the cabinet.

I kind of like the AMC logo, though it is a little big haha. I always enjoyed the Paramount logo on the B/W cabs for TAF, Congo, etc.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

If they do, 15% off would put the price at $7310.00. That's below my $7500.00 threshold, so I'd be in.

#180 9 years ago

Not bad looking at all! Good job Stern.

#181 9 years ago

if ur not getting excited about the walking dead pinball...
u are not loving pinball imho

Stern sended the ball out of the park with TWD

#182 9 years ago

This pin looks amazing but seriously $8500 for an LE why in gods name would anyone pay that when you can go get a hobbit LE with an LCD in it and a much more universal theme for $7500-$8k plus it's a widebody where TWD is not I guess we will see if the gameplay makes it worth it but I don't think so I would take a hobbit or a big Lebowski over TWD at that price I know there are plenty of people out there that can afford that and not care about the cost at all but for that kind of scratch I'll stick to my spiderman and acdc prem

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Stern should just go back to lit numbers behind the translite or a small digital score meter.

Really? That's your response to my opinion?

3.gif3.gif

#184 9 years ago

What was the msrp on STLE?

#185 9 years ago

Kinda bummed the Pro Lacks the spinners like Metallica did. All in all, the Pro will probably suffice for me this round. I can always upgrade to a Premium when they announce that and sell my Pro

Where is the "Bicycle Girl Bash Toy" on the LE? Is that the head under the left ramp? Does the ramp open up in someway to bash underneath it?

#186 9 years ago

Anyone noticed what looks like old school bonus at the bottom around the Last Man Standing insert? Could be really cool to get bonus based on number of dead killed. Something different than most modern games.

#187 9 years ago

Price increase is a shame, but not unexpected.

#188 9 years ago

::Nelson finger pointing:: "Ha Ha! No color LCD"

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Kinda bummed the Pro Lacks the spinners like Metallica did. All in all, the Pro will probably suffice for me this round. I can always upgrade to a Premium when they announce that and sell my Pro
Where is the "Bicycle Girl Bash Toy" on the LE. Is that the head under the left ramp? Does the ramp open up in someway to bash underneath it?

If you are flipping through the LE pics on Stern's site, there are two in a row showing this ramp. If you look closely at the second one, the ramp is raised so you can bash bicycle girl.

#190 9 years ago

looks stellar excited to try this one

#191 9 years ago

blown away by the le;

left ramp raises for bashing zombie head?
ball return to crossbow for strategic shot anywhere on field?
some type of magnet for 'mode' when bashing fat zombie (mb)?

well worth the additional toys/options on previous stern les

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

looks really, really nice! stern please produce a premium version so i can buy another machine from you guys

I'm right there with you. I won't buy a machine until I've put some time on it and the code's in a good place so LEs are pretty much out for me. But I don't think I'd be happy with the pro on this one. I need that fish tank. Hoping for a Premium.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What was the msrp on STLE?

$8795.00 was the msrp for STLE.

So this is $200.00 less.

That's right, LESS.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not sure why people would prefer the one with the actors mugs all over it.

The thing that makes the Pro cabinet art good is that they don't look like "actors", they look like characters in cool poses….and, it's art directed in a sweet way. The black and white characters look awesome on the red background. I don't know the show or the characters at all, but the Pro art looks exciting and intense to me. This is waaay beyond other "actor" artwork which are usually just headshot collages or people standing and staring off in a serious way.

If they ever decide to make a Premium & just use the Pro artwork…I'd probably bite.

#195 9 years ago

At least leave the damn spinners on the pro!

#196 9 years ago

Why did they need all the AMC branding? Looks amazing except for all the AMC stamped on everything. Good thing TSPP, or FG didn't put FOX all over it. I'm assuming this was required for the license, but maybe the price should have been discounted if its covered with AMC ads?

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The thing that makes the Pro cabinet art good is that they don't look like "actors", they look like characters in cool poses….and, it's art directed in a sweet way. The black and white characters look awesome on the red background. I don't know the show or the characters at all, but the Pro art looks exciting and intense to me. This is waaay beyond other "actor" artwork which are usually just headshot collages or people standing and staring off in a serious way.
If they ever decide to make a Premium & just use the Pro artwork…I'd probably bite.

I agree Greg, see my subsequent post.

Pro looks really good.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

If you are flipping through the LE pics on Stern's site, there are two in a row showing this ramp. If you look closely at the second one, the ramp is raised so you can bash bicycle girl.

Thanks, I see now, kinda cool....adds a third thing to bash.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

This pin looks amazing but seriously $8500 for an LE why in gods name would anyone pay that when you can go get a hobbit LE with an LCD in it and a much more universal theme for $7500-$8k plus it's a widebody

Because they don't care about those three things. I'm super excited for The Hobbit and it has nothing to do with any of that stuff.

#200 9 years ago

According to the .pdf the Pro will now lack "Playfield slide support and brackets." Not to be confused with "Traditional playfield supports," listed on a separate line, which I assume refers to the typically missing metal playfield supports. Sure sounds like the playfield will be stuck in place with a swivel motion now, unable to pull forward for maintenance. And this is the model that they claim is for routes, where it's especially important that you be able to access the playfield fully from the middle of a row of games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.