(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 27.
#1201 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Are there any videos of the gameplay? I'm dying to see this!

That's what I'm waiting for. How long til the promo/making of/designer interview video comes out?

#1202 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Are there any videos of the gameplay? I'm dying to see this!

Sure!

#1203 9 years ago

I don't think Stern has ever produced a game play video for any game pre-release so don't hold your breath! If they release anything it will be the " the making of *enormous letters on screen* AMC's twd."

I really don't know why Stern doesn't do gameplay videos with a papa style overhead cam while someone plays through the game and explains the shots and features of the game. I've bought games after watching Bowen tutorials. I bought TSPP and BSD having never played either of the pins before because, it seemed like he was enjoying himself while explaining the game. On the other hand, all of the LE's will be sold out within a few weeks and the pro's will be selling no problem so why waste time making a video For those of us that can't blindly spend what amounts to the price of a half decent used car, we'll probably have to wait til expo. I could really use a new car. Stupid pinball.....

#1204 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

I don't think Stern has ever produced a game play video for any game pre-release so don't hold your breath!

Like this?

#1205 9 years ago

A feature video would be nice. Like what they did with Xmen. Go over some of the shots to show how they work and have the designer explain what made them do it that way. The inspiration if you will. How does the skill shot work, is the face inside the barn a bash toy or something that pops out and flings the doors open to send the ball flying? Stuff like that.

#1206 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sure!
» YouTube video

Not exactly what I had in mind but nice Jam! I love the blues...that will keep me happy until TWD Gameplay video comes out

#1208 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Like this?
» YouTube video

Yea like that except with narration and released way before that video was released Like maybe the day they announce TWD on their site with pics and info AND a gameplay video/tutorial

#1209 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sure!
» YouTube video

Jesus I'm worried now. Not a lot of flow there.

#1210 9 years ago

I think I saw someone mention only 4 ball game multi ball, not sure and not reading every post. But I know I am on the side of the few that like 5 or six multi ball versions with also option or mode of 3 multi ball in each game. Just throwing it out there for what's it worth.

#1211 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Yea like that except with narration and released way before that video was released Like maybe the day they announce TWD on their site with pics and info AND a gameplay video/tutorial

The irony is that many of the videos Stern produces are geared toward the LE but by the time they are released (which has to be after announcement), it is not possible to buy an LE. In In that vein I understand why Stern may not always bother with an LE promo video. Both Ritchie and Lyman have done Stern rules videos for their games, but it's not the norm for every release, but more frequent than they used to.

#1212 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The irony is that many of the videos Stern produces are geared toward the LE but by the time they are released (which has to be after announcement), it is not possible to buy an LE. In In that vein I understand why Stern may not always bother with an LE promo video. Both Ritchie and Lyman have done Stern rules videos for their games, but it's not the norm for every release, but more frequent than they used to.

Something like this would be great! Party in the back Steve!

#1213 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sure!
» YouTube video

Classic!
Looks like a ton of fun
Wish I had some damn talent, I used to play a mean CD but now they're gone too!

#1214 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I think I saw someone mention only 4 ball game multi ball, not sure and not reading every post. But I know I am on the side of the few that like 5 or six multi ball versions with also option or mode of 3 multi ball in each game. Just throwing it out there for what's it worth.

I am on the side of 4 ball games. Sure, 5 or 6 sounds good, but in practice it just makes a mess of play. On games with more I end up dumping some out right at the start because I can't come close to hitting a shot with that many balls on the table. Everything is blocked by another ball in the way.

#1215 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I am on the side of 4 ball games. Sure, 5 or 6 sounds good, but in practice it just makes a mess of play. On games with more I end up dumping some out right at the start because I can't come close to hitting a shot with that many balls on the table. Everything is blocked by another ball in the way.

I think 6 ball multiball would be perfect for this game, I mean what is more crazy and hectic than a zombie horde!!

#1216 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think 6 ball multiball would be perfect for this game, I mean what is more crazy and hectic than a zombie horde!!

Yes if there is a horde multiball the more the merrier. I do understand some people liking 3 or 4 only but horde multiball would scream for at least 6

#1217 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Yes if there is a horde multiball the more the merrier. I do understand some people liking 3 or 4 only but horde multiball would scream for at least 6

If you're going to faithfully recreate the frenzy of the scene where Rick first goes into Atlanta, you would need about 50 balls.

#1218 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you're going to faithfully recreate the frenzy of the scene where Rick first goes into Atlanta, you would need about 50 balls.

Bring it on

#1219 9 years ago

You really don't think Lyman has thought this through? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't make it 4 balls for no apparent reason. You guys are wasting your time here commenting before you've even seen the real game.

Quoted from Roostking:

#1220 9 years ago

I would love to see the specific mode "Last man standing" as a last final attempt - one ball, no save, no extra ball - of the last living person... fight until you die.

#1221 9 years ago

^^^^to make similar to a fight...you hit targets, you kill walkers, they hit you, your life goes down....until someone wins!

#1222 9 years ago

Just pulled the trigger on an LE so you're all welcome to pop around and play when it gets here in December! My place is the 3rd on the left in Melbourne, Australia

#1223 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

You really don't think Lyman has thought this through? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't make it 4 balls for no apparent reason. You guys are wasting your time here commenting before you've even seen the real game.

Didnt say he didnt think it through, but whatever he is thinking with 4 balls in some sort of Horde mode, could surely be better with 6 balls!

#1224 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Nope. Thought through perfectly. The game is listed as 4 balls on the matrix. Just having fun wishing.

#1225 9 years ago

I'm antsy... I'm hoping we get a video before the weekend.

#1226 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

You guys are wasting your time here commenting before you've even seen the real game.

Most of these speculation threads are a waste of time. So are the preorder threads.

#1227 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Most of these speculation threads are a waste of time. So are the preorder threads.

No they are not. They are relevant and fun. Your pricing of pins, THATS a waste of time!

I won't pay over $15 for any pin!

I remember when a dime got you 3 quarters!

image-824.jpgimage-824.jpg

#1228 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No they are not. They are relevant and fun. Your pricing of pins, THATS a waste of time!
I won't pay over $15 for any pin!
I remember when a dime got you 3 quarters!

image-824.jpg 38 KB

Well obviously my prices are not that far out because I pay the prices I quote or under, or I wouldn't buy them. I have a ton of games, so my prices I quote cannot be that unreasonable.

#1229 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well obviously my prices are not that far out because I pay the prices I quote or under, or I wouldn't buy them. I have a ton of games, so my prices I quote cannot be that unreasonable.

This may be true for your general area, but normally when you post "XXX game is a $$$ game", or "I just bought xxxx for $$$$" I wonder where you're finding them for those prices, because it just isn't that way where I am.

Great that you can get games for those types of prices though.

Chris

#1230 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This may be true for your general area, but normally when you post "XXX game is a $$$ game", or "I just bought xxxx for $$$$" I wonder where you're finding them for those prices, because it just isn't that way where I am.
Great that you can get games for those types of prices though.
Chris

Actually you do have them out by you. In fact, many of them I find are in PA, S.C. and FL. Most are too far of a drive for me and no longer worth it at that point. TX has some good deals from time to time as well. When I was looking for Bally Atlantis. I had 3 people contact me from PA. Fully working good condition games for $700, and 2 for $800. Was going to make the trip, but they were way on the east coast.

#1231 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually you do have them out by you. In fact, many of them I find are in PA, S.C. and FL. Most are too far of a drive for me and no longer worth it at that point. TX has some good deals from time to time as well. When I was looking for Bally Atlantis. I had 3 people contact me from PA. Fully working good condition games for $700, and 2 for $800. Was going to make the trip, but they were way on the east coast.

Well we all can't have that sort of luck Cap'n!

Great you're getting deals but that is far from the average.

#1232 9 years ago

you just have to look every where else besides this site. Deals do not happen often here. In the real world, things are more reasonably priced.

#1233 9 years ago

I have a wait and see attitude on this one. It looks like it will be a great playing game and I am stoked to play it. On a whole this game looks great. There are three things that bother me though (and none are the street price).

First, I love the show and the Well Walker was certainly a memorable episode to say the least, but I don't like the choice of having that huge, bloated, ugly, shirtless bastard right out in the middle of the playfield. ANY other zombie would have been a better choice.

Second, the head inside the prison doors is just wrong. Maybe it is because I am an engineer and anal, but the scale is wrong. Aside from a couple of a-holes who I work with, no one has a head as big as a double door. I would have used the head in place of the well walker bash toy or had it pop up like an MM troll in the middle of the playfield. Instead of the prison, I would have used the barn house and made it a lock for up to 6 balls. Then once you start multiball the doors of the barn open and you hear a bunch of walkers, then all at once the balls stream out and you start shooting.

Third, I am an LE buyer, but I like the Pro cabinet artwork better. Rick, the hat, and the gun are the indelible symbol of this show and I would want them on my machine - not necessarily on the backglass though. I will never buy a Pro of any machine, so hopefully this game sells like hotcakes and a Premium gets announced...

#1234 9 years ago

They should of made a generic reference on the playfield and in the code. Stern could of sold a selection of aftermarket zombies that would be plug and play. Heck some folks would buy multiple zombies and display them.

#1235 9 years ago

Easy to get updates on these threads. Going forward, just ignore anything that doesn't have a little video play button.

#1236 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a wait and see attitude on this one. It looks like it will be a great playing game and I am stoked to play it. On a whole this game looks great. There are three things that bother me though (and none are the street price).
First, I love the show and the Well Walker was certainly a memorable episode to say the least, but I don't like the choice of having that huge, bloated, ugly, shirtless bastard right out in the middle of the playfield. ANY other zombie would have been a better choice.
Second, the head inside the prison doors is just wrong. Maybe it is because I am an engineer and anal, but the scale is wrong. Aside from a couple of a-holes who I work with, no one has a head as big as a double door. I would have used the head in place of the well walker bash toy or had it pop up like an MM troll in the middle of the playfield. Instead of the prison, I would have used the barn house and made it a lock for up to 6 balls. Then once you start multiball the doors of the barn open and you hear a bunch of walkers, then all at once the balls stream out and you start shooting.
Third, I am an LE buyer, but I like the Pro cabinet artwork better. Rick, the hat, and the gun are the indelible symbol of this show and I would want them on my machine - not necessarily on the backglass though. I will never buy a Pro of any machine, so hopefully this game sells like hotcakes and a Premium gets announced...

I agree on two points. Well walker can be replaced with a modified zombie someone will come up with I'm sure, so not a big issue . Head inside prison can be replaced with a scaled zombie body ( think army men size). Again, easy mod.

LE artwork is awesome! Much preferred over pro. Coloring on pro and characters are dated if storyline doesn't include them later. ( think TWD second series coming next year on AMC.).

#1237 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Head inside prison can be replaced with a scaled zombie body ( think army men size). Again, easy mod.

Scaled zombie would be way too small and get blasted by the ball the very first hit. Would have to be a standup target with a little zombie decal on it.

#1238 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Second, the head inside the prison doors is just wrong. Maybe it is because I am an engineer and anal, but the scale is wrong. Aside from a couple of a-holes who I work with, no one has a head as big as a double door.

You could always just swap it out for Mick on a stick instead ...

#1239 9 years ago

I think Rick on a Stick would be more appropriate...

#1240 9 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

I think Rick on a Stick would be more appropriate...

Lmao. Good one!

#1241 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

lol, this is why Stern can never win. "We want a zombie game, full of gore!"

Stern delivers a game with custom sculpted zombies, from one of the show's creators, and a playfield and cabinet full of zombies and blood and swearing.

"No, not that zombie!"

#1242 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern delivers a game with custom sculpted zombies, from one of the show's creators, and a playfield and cabinet full of zombies and blood and swearing.
"No, not that zombie!"

Yup what i was thinking also.

i think it looks good and can not wait to try one !

#1243 9 years ago

The well zombie is one of the most famous zombies of the entire series. Before the game was shown both my wife and I hoped it would be in it.

#1244 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"No, not that zombie!"

This /\. I am far from a Stern fanboy, but come on. You can't bash what you haven't even seen a video of yet. You guys are ridiculous

#1245 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The well zombie is one of the most famous zombies of the entire series. Before the game was shown both my wife and I hoped it would be in it.

Here are some more....

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Notable_Zombies_(TV_Series)

#1246 9 years ago

TWDWaiting.JPGTWDWaiting.JPG

TWDWaiting-.JPGTWDWaiting-.JPG
Me on pinside waiting

#1247 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Me on pinside waiting

TWDWaiting.JPG 24 KB

TWDWaiting-.JPG 25 KB

He chose....poorly

#1248 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I am an LE buyer, but I like the Pro cabinet artwork better. Rick, the hat, and the gun are the indelible symbol of this show and I would want them on my machine - not necessarily on the backglass though. I will never buy a Pro of any machine, so hopefully this game sells like hotcakes and a Premium gets announced...

My kids looked at both and told me to go with the pro because of the artwork. My son pointed out that the 'dead inside' is written on a wooden wall/door. It should be on the metal hospital door. The color scheme is not growing on me yet, but the LE has some nice features. Premium is what most people are hoping for.

#1249 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Premium is what most people are hoping for.

A handful of guys on Pinside is not most people.

#1250 9 years ago

Save your money for Lebowski people, launch party in one week...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 26.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.