(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 27.
#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Does anyone else see the orbit going right behind the prison "barn"?
That has to have a diverter that pops out to scoop balls in at some stage a la Magneto on XMen (and probably a gazillion other titles previously) to hold for a "hoarde multiball", no?

Was thinking the same the other day.

#1152 9 years ago

Hmmm, so close to putting an order in on an LE.
It's only money right, right?

#1153 9 years ago

You can't take it with you. Just think of when we are all playing this and adding mods, comparing strategies, it's our hobby. As long as you're healthy and your bills will be paid, go for it!

I could have kept my money in my account earning a whopping 1/2 percent interest, but....

#1154 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You can't take it with you. Just think of when we are all playing this and adding mods, comparing strategies, it's our hobby. As long as you're healthy and your bills will be paid, go for it!
I could have kept my money in my account earning a whopping 1/2 percent interest, but....

Mr Lord you make some good points, my resistance is fading, fading, fading, resuming, fading, gone!

#1155 9 years ago

I think using audio clips from the show is a no brainer(pun intended). They really wouldn't have to sound separate any layers of the clips because the one thing I have noticed throughout it's four seasons is the lack of music. I can only think of two or three episodes that even had any. I think it would save Stern a ton of money rather then booth the cast and have them one line. I would rather have the real voices from the series then stunt doubles trying to...we shall see.

#1156 9 years ago

Its only money and you will only lose 10% max......

#1157 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Need feedback on the color scheme.

Are those covers or stickers, can't tell?

#1158 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Red lettering in the same style as "Got bit, fever hit, etc" would look great.

#1159 9 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

the one thing I have noticed throughout it's four seasons is the lack of music.

Wow, we must be watching totally different shows! One of the things I love about TWD is bad ass music they work into the show. Like Clutch's Regulator after the bar seen and Jamie Common's Lead Me Home at the end of season 3. Oates in the Water by Ben Howard. There are so many more.

Doubtful they'll have that stuff on the pin, but its not due to a lack of music associated with TWD.

#1160 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Wow, we must be watching totally different shows! One of the things I love about TWD is bad ass music they work into the show. Like Clutch's Regulator after the bar seen and Jamie Common's Lead Me Home at the end of season 3. Oates in the Water by Ben Howard. There are so many more.
Doubtful they'll have that stuff on the pin, but its not due to a lack of music associated with TWD.

Yes, there is music but it is very selective. You can hear background music in almost every scene on other shows to set the mood. It is used much less on TWD

#1161 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I plan on putting red flippers in mine, but I think the red will go well with the yellow. Maybe you can offer a packaged deal of two red flippers with these already professionally attached with more permanent/stronger adhesive. I would buy a set from you. I'm going to buy a set of red flippers anyway. Or actually maybe you can do the lettering black but instead of it just being plane lettering make it look like it was scratched into the flippers like on the side of the LE cab, yeah that would be cool!

#1162 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I agree I actually went to look up some of these artists that I hadn't heard before after I heard them in TWD and ended up buying many of their albums. I think one of the best things on the show is their background music playing during scenes or transitions.

#1163 9 years ago

Just ordered mine last week, the LE machine with shaker motor. I dig zombie movies and this machine being the amc series (which is still going strong) looks like it will be a hit to. I believe theres only gonna be 500 of the LE manufactured. Dont see anything coming out thats gonna be close to this machine. When i get it in october or november ill comment then. Happy pinballin.

#1164 9 years ago
Quoted from faultline760:

I believe theres only gonna be 500 of the LE manufactured.

600 LEs

#1165 9 years ago

400 - USA
200 - Global

#1166 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Are those covers or stickers, can't tell?

One piece plastic held on with some great tape I found. I have had these covers on my ST since the day I got it and they are still there.

#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

400 - USA
200 - Global

Those numbers seem kind of off because at least half of the 200 global allotment is coming to Canada alone. So what, overseas only get 50 - 100 LE's? Seems unlikely.

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Those numbers seem kind of off because at least half of the 200 global allotment is coming to Canada alone. So what, overseas only get 50 - 100 LE's? Seems unlikely.

Seems entirely possible though, considering that guys from Europe have said that TWD LE is already sold out from distributors.

#1169 9 years ago

Mr Lord you make some good points

Please, please, Under is just fine.

I'm only one Dark Lord but I do what I can.

#1170 9 years ago

Does anyone else see the orbit going right behind the prison "barn"?
That has to have a diverter that pops out to scoop balls in at some stage a la Magneto on XMen (and probably a gazillion other titles previously) to hold for a "hoarde multiball", no?

Or it just zips right back at you for a super quick roll over shot ala CSI . . . that would be awesome actually.

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its only money and you will only lose 10% max......

Or gain 100% max. Two sides to THAT coin.

#1172 9 years ago

The Pro version has cabinet decals most beautiful,red blood and with the figures of zombie and the main actors while the LE version is a lot more' ugly..
It looks like a bad copy of the Scared Stiff.
What a strange choice of Stern, I prefer much more 'graphics of the Pro version.

#1173 9 years ago

I love the LE cab. Red pro looks ok, but LE looks like zombies breaking through an old plank wall. That goes well with the broken safety glass the zombies are going through on the backglass.

Actors on pro cab look good, red cab looks a little lighter than blood red, so coloring could be better.

#1174 9 years ago
Quoted from Demon:

if you watched the show, you might recognize where that artwork came from!!

#1175 9 years ago
Quoted from Demon:

The Pro version has cabinet decals most beautiful,red blood and with the figures of zombie and the main actors while the LE version is a lot more' ugly..
What a strange choice of Stern, I prefer much more 'graphics of the Pro version.

I like the Pro cab but the LE is a little better.

#1176 9 years ago

I think they both look great, and they both look different, and that's a good thing. I didn't make any secret of thinking the Mustang art was shit, the artist they brought in did some lazy ass phone it in work, and it showed. He obviously thought about cashing Stern's check and that's it, didn't give two shits about pinball. I broke down more on why it was lame in a post somewhere, too lazy to look it up.

I was afraid Stern wouldn't do TWD justice, actor collage on the backglass and corny photoshop work. Instead we got a bold statement, no shying away from the gore and zombies, some smart ideas, and even printing the word "shit" on the playfield. I say good for Stern, that's some stones.

I own three Sterns, a Pro, a Premium, and an LE. I'm pretty open to all their models I guess! I'm personally disappointed there isn't a Premium option, even if it was the Pro cab, Pro translite, and LE playfield. But I can understand that maybe doing all three packages just doesn't make financial sense, even if I wish there was a middle ground.

Bottom line: money talks. If Metallica Premium didn't sell that well, Star Trek Premium didn't sell that well, and non-Pro (and maybe all, I dunno) Mustangs bombed maybe it was time to rethink the strategy. We can talk and type all we want, but they're just words. How people open their wallets speaks loudest.

I'm personally not looking to buy TWD. I'm tapped for big pin purchases, made too many recently (see aforementioned Sterns, they were pretty back to back to back) but I am sorry if I have the funds later there isn't a Premium option available to me. It's not a title that I'd buy an LE of, I've never even watched the show, don't have enough emotional connection. But my METLE experience tells me that Lyman's GI lightshow alone is a thing you want to have.

#1177 9 years ago

Since we can't afford one now, I'm hoping for a clean HUO LE to go on the market when the Jaws comes out... Unless they make a premium...

#1178 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm personally not looking to buy TWD. I'm tapped for big pin purchases, made too many recently (see aforementioned Sterns, they were pretty back to back to back) but I am sorry if I have the funds later there isn't a Premium option available to me.

Fret not. The odds are pretty good that HUO LE's will be available for way less than what they went for NIB. As someone who ordered an LE, I hope I'm wrong, but history isn't on my side.

#1179 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Fret not. The odds are pretty good that HUO LE's will be available for way less than what they went for NIB. As someone who ordered an LE, I hope I'm wrong, but history isn't on my side.

That's exactly the attitude and expectation that I'm going into my TWD LE purchase with as well.

#1180 9 years ago

Maybe the certificate that comes with the LE asks that you sell after six months so the LE HUO can become the "Premium" in the marketplace.

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking as well. It's like buying a new car - as soon as you drive it off the lot depreciation kicks in. The real question is will you get $500 to $1000 of enjoyment out of it by the time you sell it?

#1182 9 years ago

I am surprised the pro model does not have any RGBs. The inserts are almost all white. I don't remember ever seeing a game like that in the past.

#1183 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Heh, maybe. I wouldn't consider what I paid for my METLE (HUO) cheap though. Not gonna worry about it, I'm excited to see video and get a chance to play the game, probably at Expo if nothing else, but other than that I'm pretty much looking at other things. Have to beat o-din and RobT to the local EM deals!

#1184 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am surprised the pro model does not have any RGBs. The inserts are almost all white. I don't remember ever seeing a game like that in the past.

I think they decided at the last minute to omit RGB insert bulbs.

#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think they decided at the last minute to omit RGB inserts

I think your right. Just seems odd, doesn't it?

#1186 9 years ago

There was an article written about Stern going LED on Pros & the writer acted as if it's a deterrent to buying a premium or LE which seemed really out of touch with what truly separates Pro from LE/Premium offerings.

Wonder if Stern read that article & made a decision to dumb down Pro's? It's a prick move like removing spinners. A $4 part taken out just to slap us in the nuts. Deleting insert RGB code they already wrote is some real jerk shit lol

They may have misinterpreted the reason their recent LE's & premiums underperformed. Metallica had magnet issues, Star Trek had lame ass metal potatoes & Mustang is just a flat out turd. Plus they are priced stupid high. That's my opinion but I'm full of shit usually.

#1187 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm gonna say this is true of any current and future NIB with a price tag over 7k. Or 6k for that matter. Look at Acdc premiums, great pin, drop in price because there are thousands of them.

The shit is gonna hit the fan sooner than later. MMr, TBL, TWD LE, TH, the next PPS, the next Lawlor, the next Stern LE, boutique guys etc.

There are 1000's of newly minted 7500k plus pins coming. It's out of whack. We all know it. They are pushing up the prices until we vote with our wallets and say no mas! Premium buyers are gone. LE buyers next.

I've already backed out of MMr, TH is next for me. I love TWD but that's probably it for me except for Jpop and Lawlor

#1188 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

There was an article written about Stern going LED on Pros & the writer acted as if it's a deterrent to buying a premium or LE which seemed really out of touch with what truly separates Pro from LE/Premium offerings.
Wonder if Stern read that article & made a decision to dumb down Pro's? It's a prick move like removing spinners. A $4 part taken out just to slap us in the nuts. Deleting insert RGB code they already wrote is some real jerk shit lol
They may have misinterpreted the reason their recent LE's & premiums underperformed. Metallica had magnet issues, Star Trek had lame ass metal potatoes & Mustang is just a flat out turd. That's my opinion but I'm full of shit usually.

Bingo. You aren't as dumb as you look Curly everything is designed to suck in the LE buyers

#1189 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna say this is true of any current and future NIB with a price tag over 7k. Or 6k for that matter. Look at Acdc premiums, great pin, drop in price because there are thousands of them.
The shit is gonna hit the fan sooner than later. MMr, TBL, TWD LE, TH, the next PPS, the next Lawlor, the next Stern LE, boutique guys etc.
There are 1000's of newly minted 7500k plus pins coming. It's out of whack. We all know it. They are pushing up the prices until we vote with our wallets and say no mas! Premium buyers are gone. LE buyers next.
I've already backed out of MMr, TH is next for me. I love TWD but that's probably it for me except for Jpop and Lawlor

This post should be saved for posterity.

It's going to be very interesting to look back and see where we are at in a year or two. Like you say, something's got to give.

#1190 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This post should be saved for posterity.
It's going to be very interesting to look back and see where we are at in a year or two. Like you say, something's got to give.

Wait until Tron Premium & TWD Premium are released

#1191 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's exactly the attitude and expectation that I'm going into my TWD LE purchase with as well.

Honestly, anyone who does not go into a PINBALL MACHINE purchase with this mindset is just setting themselves up for failure in my opinion.

Get one, play it, love it

I don't think I will ever be able to afford a NIB ANYTHING, but if that changes, and I have always said this, it would be because I want it, not for any sort of investment.

Good luck to those with them on order!

Chris

#1192 9 years ago

Wow, this guy was on top of it 2 years ago!

#1193 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

» YouTube video

That is so awesome! I loved every second of that. I want a machine even more now!!!

#1194 9 years ago

I thought I read somewhere Stern is starting production of the export PROs today. It would be cool to see them on the line ... anyone visiting today?

#1195 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems entirely possible though, considering that guys from Europe have said that TWD LE is already sold out from distributors.

My distro over here got around 30 for the Benelux (Belgium & Holland) and i think some for France and Germany.

#1196 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Posted August 15, 2012 by pinballwizardz.
There is a pinsider with the same name, Last seen on the site: March 2nd, 2014.
pinballwizardz, if you ever come back, thanks for that video !

#1197 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They may have misinterpreted the reason their recent LE's & premiums underperformed. Metallica had magnet issues, Star Trek had lame ass metal potatoes & Mustang is just a flat out turd. Plus they are priced stupid high. That's my opinion but I'm full of shit usually.

That's why I always say premiums and LE's put $200 worth of parts and charge you $2k+ for it. not bad for a 10X multiplyer in profit.

#1198 9 years ago

Would be cool to see them in production. Hope stern throws us a vid soon.

#1199 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

» YouTube video

Ugh, if the game is anything like that I'll be a happy camper. Love the ramped up music keeping the original theme.

#1200 9 years ago

Are there any videos of the gameplay? I'm dying to see this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.