(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg

There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 27.
#1051 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They just sold 600 TWD LE's in a matter of days.

I wonder how many of those 600 swore they'd never pre-order again? People just can't help themselves.

#1052 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Newpinowner, you might want to change your Avatar name

How D: ???? I'd prolly change it to "NPO" - people seem to address me that way a lot and hey, it works .

Quoted from iceman44:

Patience is not an option with this one

I felt the exact same way about Metallica, and they're still available . Heck, people here are selling them now. I'll admit though, if I had bought one, I'd still go NIB. With TWD, I might finally have to give that a go. The big, big problem for me is (no..not the $$$) the LACK of COMPLETED code upon release. Stern's track record with this is making me very uneasy. I don't want a "lumbering zombie pin" in terms of code. For me, completed code is worth the wait especially seeing as how Metallica is still available and VE of some games are coming out.

#1053 9 years ago

am I the only one that thinks it's a GOOD idea not to have the actors from the show plastered all over the playfield?
The decal on the apron can be replaced easily enough to put your favorite actors on there, but great choice with the playfield artwork. THe more I look at it the more I like it.

#1054 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

am I the only one that thinks it's a GOOD idea not to have the actors from the show plastered all over the playfield?
The decal on the apron can be replaced easily enough to put your favorite actors on there, but great choice with the playfield artwork. THe more I look at it the more I like it

I was thrilled as well, I'm a big fan of the show but when someone dies and there face is stuck there yuck. This way my machine is always current.

#1055 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was thrilled as well, I'm a big fan of the show but when someone dies and there face is stuck there yuck. This way my machine is always current.

Yup. Every time I play Sopranos it is obvious it was made mid-series.

#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Wait a Second! I'm Watching TWD right now.. Anyone notice the World Poker Tour Pinball in the Rec room at CDC?

When the world goes to hell you play pinball.

#1057 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Do the ramps return to the same flipper, or the opposite flipper? My guess is they return to the same flipper.

Quoted from zucot:

They cross in the back. Right ramp to left flipper. Left ramp to right flipper.

Unless I'm wrong it seems if this is like IM than the ramps don't cross in the back they do enter the back wall but just curve more towards the side they are on to return the ball. It's just like IM where the left ramp returns to the left side and the right ramp returns to the right side same as AcDc.

#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Unless I'm wrong it seems if this is like IM than the ramps donn't cross in the back they do enter the back wall but just curve more towards the side they are on to return the ball. It's just like IM where the left ramp returns to the left side and the right ramp returns to the right side same as AcDc.

That is incorrect. Read the features matrix. They go out of their way to spell out that the ramp entrances are on opposite sides of their respective exits/returns.

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

That is incorrect. Read the features matrix. They go out of their way to spell out that the ramp entrances are on opposite sides of their respective exits/returns.

So it's not AP or IM clone, I was looking at the pics saw what looked like IM and people said it was AP/IM clone. I stand corrected.

I really like games with ramps that enter the back wall area have the ball disappear a little like IM and ST (warp ramp).

I am liking everything about this game except no metal ramps (like Met), no premium (yet), and I don't like the Jabba the Hutt zombie bash toy all that much.

#1060 9 years ago

Someone can Help me on this Please

So what i see the Toys on the Playfield of the Pro are

Well Zombie
Cell Block and inside Cell Bash toy

That is it ? am i missing some toys ?

Thanks

#1061 9 years ago

The local north east distributor has always sold game far below Stern list prices this time they are not let's hope this is a one off because of AMC that is all over the game.

#1062 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I believe before Metallica, T3 was the last pin with metal ramps, that was 2003. In a home though, those plastic ramps should remain minty. Congrats to the ones who ordered this pin., its looks really good.

Avengers has metal ramps.

#1063 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Not true. Mustang has a true skill shot from plunge. ST also has a skill shot where you have to plunge the ball far enough to shoot a warp ramp shot before hitting anything else.

Avengers has 4 skills shots, two of them are supers, one from either flipper.

**I saw how the poster clarified his questions about "ball in play" skill shots.

#1064 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The local north east distributor has always sold game far below Stern list prices this time they are not let's hope this is a one off because of AMC that is all over the game.

Could be because they are trying to reach an audience that is more into collecting zombie themed stuff. I bet this one will sell pretty well outside the typical pinball community.

#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am liking everything about this game except no metal ramps .

That's my biggest complaint. I hate cheap looking plastic ramps. Other than that, the game looks awesome.

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

A couple thousand? LOL. So now depreciation is "a couple thousand"? It seemed like just a few days ago the group think settled in on around 10% depreciation. I sure wish there was a vote to determine once and for all how much I'm supposed to lose on reselling a formally nib machine.
Pinside seems to be full people who believe if they keep saying something frequently enough, they can will it to be.

If you think your going to lose a max of $700 on your new LE you're dreaming. Unless you sell in 6 months, which some surely do. XMEN and Avengers are in 20-25% territory! ST is over 10% and that's after the mother of all code drops. Metallica might be immune for awhile or forever because it's a good game with a niche fan base, but I'll bet those are selling for under $6k in time too. Time will tell.

And Pinside "group think" sounds like "military intelligence". Lol.

#1067 9 years ago

Mines paid for and now let the waiting begin! Buy if because you want it, it's not an investment.

#1068 9 years ago

If you are worried about depreciation on a toy, you should not be buying toys.. These are not investments, contrary to what some people believe..

#1069 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The big, big problem for me is (no..not the $$$) the LACK of COMPLETED code upon release. Stern's track record with this is making me very uneasy.

I hear you, that's a given for me, code is a big deal obviously and I'm one of the guys that took the "no pre-order pledge ever again" but TWD is the one and only pin that could get me to break the pledge!

I can live with lack of code on this one for the standard waiting period because the theme overrides it all for me. And the fact that Lyman is getting it done. And I have plenty of pins to play during the wait time.

The smart thing to do is just wait for it to be finished a year later and probably get it cheaper. I don't always do the "smart thing".

#1070 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Exactly why I like an original themed machine

#1071 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If you think your going to lose a max of $700 on your new LE you're dreaming. Unless you sell in 6 months, which some surely do. XMEN and Avengers are in 20-25% territory! ST is over 10% and that's after the mother of all code drops. Metallica might be immune for awhile or forever because it's a good game with a niche fan base, but I'll bet those are selling for under $6k in time too. Time will tell.
And Pinside "group think" sounds like "military intelligence". Lol.

Convenient that you selected two dogs. Why not acdc and tron? Why, because that doesn't prove your rebuttal.

Quoted from Roostking:

If you are worried about depreciation on a toy, you should not be buying toys.. These are not investments, contrary to what some people believe..

Please do me a favor and pm me whenever you sell a game. Since you expect to take a loss, it will most definitely be a great deal. Seeing we are now venturing into 25% depreciation (lol), Im going to load up on cheap games.

Some of you guys are a trip. What happens when everyone figures out your secret and no one buys nib. How are you going to cheapskate your way into fresh titles then?

#1072 9 years ago

Im still wondering why any one would want the non le version of this pin....

#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Cost. Some people would be happy to play a new game without the LE features if that was all they could afford.

#1074 9 years ago

BEST MOD 2014image.jpgimage.jpg

#1075 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Someone can Help me on this Please
So what i see the Toys on the Playfield of the Pro are
Well Zombie
Cell Block and inside Cell Bash toy
That is it ? am i missing some toys ?
Thanks

I think there's a second bash toy under the left ramp on the LE and the cross bow ball cannon. Not sure if they classify as toys but there's a couple of magnets and I believe there's a series drop targets on the left and one on the right.

#1076 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tell me you are kidding? Take a pic.

I wish I was kidding! I'll snap a pic asap. I've transferred many lasers to DVD because the special features and or interviews, commentaries, etc, were copyrighted by that company and didn't transfer to the DVD release in many cases.

#1077 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's the happy reality of NIB pinball today:
People are buying NIB pinball for location & home...and enjoying PLAYING!
A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month. Most are buying cuz it's a favorite theme (or designer & programmer) & will enjoy it with their friends & families for years.
Yay!

Except for the vast number of buyers that will abandon Stern of they make a Tron Premium? Because they will lose value? Do you just post to suit the thread you're in, regardless of whether it's consistent with what you say elsewhere? Too much Frozen not enough Avengers pinball for you.

#1078 9 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on the le. The high def pics got me. In the hobby since 99, will be my first NIB unless Predator beats it here.

#1079 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Convenient that you selected two dogs. Why not acdc and tron? Why, because that doesn't prove your rebuttal.

Please do me a favor and pm me whenever you sell a game. Since you expect to take a loss, it will most definitely be a great deal. Seeing we are now venturing into 25% depreciation (lol), Im going to load up on cheap games.
Some of you guys are a trip. What happens when everyone figures out your secret and no one buys nib. How are you going to cheapskate your way into fresh titles then?

Never said I was going to sell a game cheap, but I dont expect to make money on a game that is a couple of years old, unless its a Classic.. So my MetLE can be yours for $11,000

#1080 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

People speculating that these supposed LE's are somehow going to hold or rise in value reminds me of my days playing Magic the Gathering. People so worried about missing out on the next big thing every few years and wanting to play with the new toys they spend a fortune on the hot new rares every set... which then cool and are usually worth significantly less in 3 months, then much much less in about 2 years.

There is a card released every few years that is worthy of the hype and holds and increases in value over time. Similar to how Tron and ACDC have held up... but even then if you have been paying attention to the for sale threads they seem to have significantly cooled.

I'm not worried about how much money you think you might gain or lose, but if you think other people are fools for not wanting to repeatedly pay 8K for a $4-5K (on a good day) game then you have more money to throw away than I do.

#1081 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Which Maggie is hotter?
Country bumpkin Maggie on the farm
Or
Tough as nails soldier Maggie?

Answer: Daryl.

daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpgdaryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg

#1082 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Never said I was going to sell a game cheap, but I dont expect to make money on a game that is a couple of years old, unless its a Classic.. So my MetLE can be yours for $11,000

I agree with that statement but that's not what you said the first time but I digress.

#1083 9 years ago

I may consider this one!

#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Cost. Some people would be happy to play a new game without the LE features if that was all they could afford.

I can understand that, but i think i would feel like i didnt have the "complete" game. I wish they would just leave the gameplay alone and just add (non functional) toys like woz le's....

#1085 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm the one being selective? You are ignoring every game for the last 3 years! Notice the price of ACDC premiums and pros? They are down significantly even from earlier this year. Heavily modded one are going for $1k less than the shipped price. 15% easy, and getting lower.

Tron LE is an outlier. And so is BIB because they made so few. TFLE also WAY down. What about Mustang? So I guess I picked FIVE dogs? Because ST is approaching dog territory. I guess Stern should go out of business for making all these dogs? Tron Pro without mods is probably a $4k game. It has legs, that's for sure, but it's the only Pro that does.

The only thing potentially sparing TWD from the same fate as the others is Lyman...but let's see where METLE is next year. MetLE actually seemed to sell above MSRP during the initial hype...now they seem to sit around at $7k, modded. How many $7k plus MSRP games have been released in the last 2 years and are on the way? A lot. And the max depreciation is 10%? Right.

#1086 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

That's my biggest complaint. I hate cheap looking plastic ramps. Other than that, the game looks awesome.

The pro has a bit of a metal ramp

#1087 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

People speculating that these supposed LE's are somehow going to hold or rise in value

That's not what I said. My response was based on being told to expect first **a grand or two (which on $7,800 is roughly 12.83-25.64%) out of the gate** and then depreciation of 25%. I wish the irs would let me depreciate the way some people think things do.

I'm not going to get muddled down in a have, have not debate. People always want to argue emotionally. Time will tell. If the game and code is solid, twdle will not go down in value 25%. Period.

#1088 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The big, big problem for me is (no..not the $$$) the LACK of COMPLETED code upon release.

This would honestly be the last thing I would worry about with Lyman at the helm. Seriously, the guy always comes through. Not only is he Stern's best programmer by far, but he is also a perfectionist. That's why games like AC/DC and Tron have received updates years later. The guy has a lot on his plate, and it sometimes may take him a while to finish the code to his liking, but I have no doubt that TWD will ultimately have a phenomenally fun ruleset. There is simply no other programmer on the planet that I have this much faith in.

#1089 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. Best art package we've seen in a long time.

I'm still not thrilled with the subject, but the artwork on this does look really well executed. The "AMC" logo everywhere is a turn-off, but I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket toys for this one that will overcome that. The layout looks interesting and at first glance, there seems like a lot to do on the playfield. Of course, at the MSRP these are coming in at, there damn well should be!

This looks like it might be a hit.

#1090 9 years ago

I haven't been on here in a while. I had to sell both of my pinballs due to financial troubles in the past. Now I am back on my feet and ready to start over, hopefully with this pin. Is this still possible to preorder, and can anyone recommend me a good place to put a deposit down? I live in the north east. I have no problems waiting but I would think buying this nib will be the cheapest I will ever find it again right?

#1091 9 years ago

I'm the one being selective? You are ignoring every game for the last 3 years! Notice the price of ACDC premiums and pros? They are down significantly even from earlier this year. Heavily modded one are going for $1k less than the shipped price. 15% easy, and getting lower.
TRON LE is an outlier. And so is BIB because they made so few. TFLE also WAY down. What about Mustang? So I guess I picked FIVE dogs? Because ST is approaching dog territory. I guess Stern should go out of business for making all these dogs? Tron Pro without mods is probably a $4k game. It has legs, that's for sure, but it's the only Pro that does.
The only thing potentially sparing TWD from the same fate as the others is Lyman...but let's see where METLE is next year. MetLE actually seemed to sell above MSRP during the initial hype...now they seem to sit around at $7k, modded. How many $7k plus MSRP games have been released in the last 2 years and are on the way? A lot. And the max depreciation is 10%? Right.

LoL. I wish I cared enough about your opinion to huff and puff a diatribe like that. I wasn't being selective, you went to one extreme, I to the other. You're wrong, the one thing saving twdle besides Lyman is only 600 and no premium. That's what has the natives restless. I'm waiting for a 1%'er argument next.

#1092 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballn00b:

I haven't been on here in a while. I had to sell both of my pinballs due to financial troubles in the past. Now I am back on my feet and ready to start over, hopefully with this pin. Is this still possible to preorder, and can anyone recommend me a good place to put a deposit down? I live in the north east. I have no problems waiting but I would think buying this nib will be the cheapest I will ever find it again right?

Are you talking about the LE or the pro? If you're in the market for a pro, I see absolutely no reason to pre-order at all.

#1093 9 years ago

As of yesterday evening, pinball refinery and flipper fidelity both had a few LE's left. Flipper fidelity is in pennsylvania near Philly so they may be his best bet.

#1094 9 years ago

So I guess I picked FIVE dogs? Because ST is approaching dog territory.

BOO BOO

#1095 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

10k by Christmas.
And hey! This just in: JJP just realized they've been given carte blanche to charge 9-10k for Pat Lawlor's new game.
I'll hold, thanks. Anybody wanna sell me an IJ for a normal price? I'll have to start looking backward for machines since I can no longer afford to look forward.

This, in a nutshell, will break the pinball community. GLHF!

#1096 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I can afford either, and choose to go pro...im not interested in the crossbow at all, used it on AP and was not impressed and think it slows the game down...art package on pro is better...i will miss the spinners and extra magnet but wont miss under ramp bash toy or zombie guts....i will get the fishtank from a modder...the only tough decision was to not have color changing lights but i can buy another nice pin with the cost difference...pro for me

#1097 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I can afford either, and choose to go pro...im not interested in the crossbow at all, used it on AP and was not impressed and think it slows the game down...art package on pro is better...i will miss the spinners and extra magnet but wont miss under ramp bash toy or zombie guts....i will get the fishtank from a modder...the only tough decision was to not have color changing lights but i can buy another nice pin with the cost difference...pro for me

This is exactly how I feel. I could afford the LE but cannot justify the extra cost. For me, pro is the way to go on TWD!

#1098 9 years ago

I think one of the first mods should be to make that metal thingy look like a crossbow...

#1099 9 years ago

Cheap plastics? Ramps not going the way you like? Shitty zombie toys?

Are you guys kidding me? We FINALLY have a ZOMBIE PIN!!!

How awesome is that? I'm f'en ecstatic!!!

(o'_'o)

#1100 9 years ago
Quoted from double_danger:

This is one of the best looking Sterns I have seen. If game play is anything like the quality of AC/DC and Metallica Spooky Pinball will suddenly be under a lot of pressure to do something unique with Pinball Zombies..

They said recently that they were going to delay PBZFBTG because going against Stern is silly. They are still building AMH though, so there might not be any noticeable delay for customers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 26.50
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.