(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 27.
#1001 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll start a new post so it's not just buried on page 20, but I got my article up here:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/got-bit-fever-hit-the-walking-dead-pinball-shambles-into-game-rooms/
Some really big high rez images in that gallery of the Pro and LE playfields and cabs. Just click to enlarge them in a new window, I uploaded them pretty big, you can see a ton of detail.

Thanks man. Damn sweet. I am so excited for this. Add to that, it will be in my hands and a couple months. Damn, damn, damn!!!

#1002 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Like I said in another post it looks like the star roll overs are the first real skill shot in years.ike tz u roll to one or two stars with out going into the pops maybe?

Hopefully not too much like TZ, as in ignore and do the full plunge anyway.

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hopefully not too much like TZ, as in ignore and do the full plunge anyway.

Except for the Super Skill shot, in which a nice plunge will light the exra ball!

#1004 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Metallica Pro has inline drops. TWD Pro seems to have some pretty good features though. Not quite as feature packed as Metallica with its metal ramps and an extra magnet; but still has a lot going on.

This game looks real good, and should satisfy the zombie crave that's out there. Game does have some good features, shots, bash toy. I seen the fisk tank with heads being made for the pro model. So that seems to be covered. What other mods would go good with this game?
I agree with you on metallica, in-line drops, metal ramps. Wonder when the next game gets metal ramps. I believe before metallica, T3 was the last pin with metal ramps, that was 2003. In a home though, those plastic ramps should remain minty. Congrats to the ones who ordered this pin., its looks really good.

#1005 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just guessing, but based on the picture, it appears to have lights in front of each head so that would likely indicate virtual locks indicated by how many lights are lit.

They are very reminiscent of the Dead Heads on EATPM where they're the multipler. IDK if that's the case with the tank zombies.

Quoted from gweempose:

The star rollovers must be the skill shot.

The star rollovers are only a skill shot when you enter the Woodbury, which curves and puts the ball back into the shooter lane... once you get past the roll over target on LE (there isn't one on the Pro)

#1006 9 years ago

They prolly aren't doing a premium because they only have so many leftovers from Austin Powers?

Just a thought

#1007 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They prolly aren't doing a premium because they only have so many leftovers from Austin Powers?
Just a thought

A very good one at that.

#1008 9 years ago

I love Stern

But limiting a game to surplus parts is very... Stern lol

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Just a thought

Or they need to save them for the Austin Powers Vault

#1010 9 years ago

Hey Gweem - can you keep the first post up to date with updates? I can't keep up with this thread!

#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Like I said in another post it looks like the star roll overs are the first real skill shot in years.

Not true. Mustang has a true skill shot from plunge. ST also has a skill shot where you have to plunge the ball far enough to shoot a warp ramp shot before hitting anything else.

#1012 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Just a thought

Austin Powers was made 13 years ago. Highly doubtful they had 600 cannons leftover. It's absolutely a re-used part, but I'm sure they're fabricating new ones for this game.

#1013 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Not true. Mustang has a true skill shot from plunge. ST also has a skill shot where you have to plunge the ball far enough to shoot a warp ramp shot before hitting anything else.

Metallica has a true lane skillshot too, meaning it's all about the plunge, not using the flipper buttons to change the lane.

#1014 9 years ago

Sorry I ment skill shot after the initial plunge... U hit the drop target go through the spinner and then there's a Woodbury shot to hit the star rolls from the plunger.. Like tz after the ball has been in play

#1015 9 years ago

Great pics Aurich! Thanks. I F ing love this layout, I hope it plays the way it looks!

It's my favorite pin artwork wise already, I F ing love it!

Way to go Stern, you guys blew it out of the water with the artwork for me.

#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great pics Aurich! Thanks. I F ing love this layout, I hope it plays the way it looks!
It's my favorite pin artwork wise already, I F ing love it!
Way to go Stern, you guys blew it out of the water with the artwork for me.

No doubt that this is a great looking art package. Playfield and both cabs look phenomenal. Mirrored backglass looks amazing. I really hope it plays great and that there is an available full feature version down the road in some shape or form.

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Hey Gweem - can you keep the first post up to date with updates? I can't keep up with this thread!

Sure, but other than the newer high-res photos that Aurich provided, I'm not sure there's much to add at this point.

#1018 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Austin Powers was made 13 years ago. Highly doubtful they had 600 cannons leftover. It's absolutely a re-used part, but I'm sure they're fabricating new ones for this game.

You sure? AP was a bucket o shit & 600 metal sticks could fit on 1/4 a pallet. You have a point though & likely right I will admit I just like to cook up conspiracies

Either way it's all good. I'm a lowlife HUO Pro buyer at best (first world problems lol) & I welcome the removal of Premiums in my own sick twisted way. No premiums = more pros = total buyers market on the HUO side in 2 years when code is done. I guess Tron would be the exception but it's the only one. Wonder if ACDC Pro would be $2500 due to saturation of the Pro market if no Premium existed?

Then again I like premiums

I'm confused now

Anyway this game looks awesome, I cant F'n wait to play it!

#1019 9 years ago

Looks like a little Whitewater dip on left ramp. Ok, not even close but a minor dip nonetheless!

Only thing for me now is we need a sticker or something on the crossbow.

I know it's a stretch but upper right has a tinge of RS flavor to it. Love the tracks.

"AP a bucket of shit". Love it Curly

#1020 9 years ago

What if the bit inserts on the outlanes somehow hurt you if they were lit, and then you had to use supplies to fight off the negative effect (weak flippers, reduced scoring of a specific shot, a "frozen" shot where you couldnt progress toward that shot even if you made it, etc.)

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only thing for me now is we need a sticker or something on the crossbow.

If anyone has an Austin Powers and wants to scan the crossbow mech I could look at it.

#1022 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's already been confirmed that there's no custom vo from the actors. Maybe we get some cuts from the show.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. On CSI, the cuts from the show are great, but the custom voice work has some awful moments ("see if there's any blood on the ball").

#1023 9 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on an LE. I know I was complaining about the artwork but after seeing the hi-res pics I've changed my mind. Would still like to see the actors "somewhere" though.

I really want all the extra features and didnt want to miss out. If they now decide to do a premium I'm going to be rather pissed off and it will be an obvious Stern scam to get the LE's sold.

#1024 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone has an Austin Powers and wants to scan the crossbow mech I could look at it.

If you create something for the crossbow I'm sure you'll have 600 buyers!

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I see that even the PRO has drop targets this time. Thats a first since they started making PRO models.

CSI, Nascar...

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Would still like to see the actors "somewhere" though.

They're on the apron...

#1027 9 years ago

Csi, nascar was before the pro line. But someone mentioned metallica which also had drops in the pro.
Very nice to see drops in this one for the pro owners.

#1028 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

They're on the apron...

If you look under the "P" in Prison isn't that Daryl standing behind the fence. Between that and the apron you should stick with the LE

#1029 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I really want all the extra features and didnt want to miss out. If they now decide to do a premium I'm going to be rather pissed off and it will be an obvious Stern scam to get the LE's sold.

Wise man once told me: "The patient buyer gets a great deal."

I won't deny: this is the first Stern that really has me thinking about pulling the NIB trigger. Never done it yet; I got R-E-A-L-L-Y close with Metallica. This one might do it. Maybe.

#1030 9 years ago

Newpinowner, you might want to change your avatar name

#1031 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wise man once told me: "The patient buyer gets a great deal."
I won't deny: this is the first Stern that really has me thinking about pulling the NIB trigger. Never done it yet; I got R-E-A-L-L-Y close with Metallica. This one might do it. Maybe.

Patience is not an option with this one

#1032 9 years ago

So what i see the Toys on the Playfield of the Pro are

Well Zombie
Cell Block and inside Cell Bash toy

That is it ? am i missing some toys ?

#1033 9 years ago

Wait a Second! I'm Watching TWD right now.. Anyone notice the World Poker Tour Pinball in the Rec room at CDC?

#1034 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Wait a Second! I'm Watching TWD right now.. Anyone notice the World Poker Tour Pinball in the Rec room at CDC?

Its also in the bar where Herschel goes to drink at the beginning of season 3

#1035 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Its also in the bar where Herschel goes to drink at the beginning of season 3

Georgia folk love us some World Poker Tour. I live only a couple of miles from the "CDC".

#1036 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yup! I'll take a picture of my still growing Laserdisc collection...

Tell me you are kidding? Take a pic. LOL

#1037 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Going off memory, but wasn't there a second game?

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Going off memory, but wasn't there a second game?

Yep I saw it after I posted.. Looked like NBA Fastbreak?

#1039 9 years ago

This is one of the best looking Sterns I have seen. If game play is anything like the quality of AC/DC and Metallica Spooky Pinball will suddenly be under a lot of pressure to do something unique with Pinball Zombies..

#1040 9 years ago

That is some beautiful Photoshop artwork! Seriously slick looking playfield.

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I just pulled the trigger on an LE. I know I was complaining about the artwork but after seeing the hi-res pics I've changed my mind. Would still like to see the actors "somewhere" though.

LOL, seriously?? You really don't think a Premium is coming at some point? Or how about even a "Vault Edition"?? Or a new "Special Edition" a' la Luci? lol. And when you cry about it later there will be a hundred jerks here who tell you they don't blame Stern one bit for making as much money as they can (so basically quit your whining.) Either you absolutely love the game and the look and don't care if you lose a couple thousand when you go to resell it ... or you are setting yourself up for major disappointment. That is the sad reality of NIB pinball today.

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

LOL, seriously?? You really don't think a Premium is coming at some point? Or how about even a "Vault Edition"?? Or a new "Special Edition" a' la Luci? lol. And when you cry about it later there will be a hundred jerks here who tell you they don't blame Stern one bit for making as much money as they can (so basically quit your whining.) Either you absolutely love the game and the look and don't care if you lose a couple thousand when you go to resell it ... or you are setting yourself up for major disappointment.

I know there's a damn good chance there will be a premium. Just saying I'll be pissed if I like the artwork more than the LE.

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I know there's a damn good chance there will be a premium. Just saying I'll be pissed if I like the artwork more than the LE.

Because you don't already like the Pro artwork better than the LE? You might be in the minority there.

#1045 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

That is the sad reality of NIB pinball today.

Here's the happy reality of NIB pinball today:

People are buying NIB pinball for location & home...and enjoying PLAYING!

A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month. Most are buying cuz it's a favorite theme (or designer & programmer) & will enjoy it with their friends & families for years.

Yay!

#1046 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's the happy reality of NIB pinball today:
People are buying NIB pinball for location & home...and enjoying PLAYING!
A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month. Most are buying cuz it's a favorite theme (or designer & programmer) & will enjoy it with their friends & families for years.
Yay!

And why did Stern just cut back to 2 new games a year? Why did Stern go from 800 ST LE's down to 600 TWD LE's? And why did JJP need a new financier to keep them afloat? And where exactly are you reading sales numbers that suggest pinball sales/earnings are thriving?

I would also love to know how you figure "A very small percentage of actual buyers are worrying about what they can sell the game for in a month." From my experience most are very concerned.

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And why did Stern just cut back to 2 new games a year? And why did JJP need a new financier to keep them afloat? And where exactly are you reading sales numbers that suggests pinball sales/earnings are thriving?

Stern was finding it very difficult to design/code/release 3 titles a year - but they always have multiple titles on the line at any given time, and each license usually lasts 3 years. They have SEVEN titles available right now. Sure, Mustang and Walking Dead are the 2 new titles for the year...but they're STILL selling AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Man, and Star Trek. 7 "in production" games (technically more if you count the Pro/Prem/LE variations). THRIVING, brotha. They just sold 600 TWD LE's in a matter of days. T-H-R-I-V-I-N-G !!!!

JJP's another story...in contrast, they have 1 product to sell and for 2 years they've been trying to build 1000 pre-sold LEs. There's not much of a business plan....their financial problems are of their own circumstances & nothing to do with pinball customers.

#1048 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Because you don't already like the Pro artwork better than the LE? You might be in the minority there.

Initially I preferred the pro artwork yes. With METLE it was simple because I loved the artwork. It's only my 2nd NIB so not used to wanting a LE but not being immediately sold on the artwork.

Either way. I'm super excited and cant wait for the Aussie December arrival. Just hope the audio, dots and code are as awesome as the playfield.

#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And why did Stern just cut back to 2 new games a year? Why did Stern go from 800 ST LE's down to 600 TWD LE's? And why did JJP need a new financier to keep them afloat? And where exactly are you reading sales numbers that suggest pinball sales/earnings are thriving?

It seems pretty obvious that it's thriving to me, at least compared to a few years back. When I bought my first pin about 6-7 years ago, Stern was on the ropes as the only pin manufacturer and supposedly sold only a few hundred CSI and NBA pins. Now, there are something like 12-14 different companies in the process of making/releasing pins (admittedly most are boutique manufacturers) and AC/DC supposedly recently became the highest selling Stern pin ever (not sure on what statistic, but it was discussed in a recent thread).

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Either you absolutely love the game and the look and don't care if you lose a couple thousand when you go to resell it.

A couple thousand? LOL. So now depreciation is "a couple thousand"? It seemed like just a few days ago the group think settled in on around 10% depreciation. I sure wish there was a vote to determine once and for all how much I'm supposed to lose on reselling a formally nib machine.

Pinside seems to be full people who believe if they keep saying something frequently enough, they can will it to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.