(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.
#951 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Greg, is this what you are looking for?

No. He wants the 3D version.

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No. He wants the 3D version.

Not to keep this off topic, but it has been heavily rumored that there will be a 3D Blu coming out later this year. I was originally hearing October, but would think it would be officially announced by now if that was happening. The "sing-along" version that was rereleased in theaters is coming out soon but on DVD only, so I'm guessing/hoping that version will be tacked on with the 3D. At this point, I'm guessing it will pop up just in time for the holidays. I really hate how Disney has been handling 3D lately, but as someone who will be suckered into double dipping, I'm sure not helping the problem. Can't blame them too much for milking this one for all it's worth I guess. LOL

Slightly more on topic, Frozen would make an awesome pin.

Back on topic, I'm one of the seeming minority that really likes the LE artwork. The pro is very nice also, but the LE is perfect to me. Added features are great, but I'm not completely sold on the "crossbow". It looks nothing like a crossbow to me and I'm not a huge "cannon" fan, but I'll reserve judgement until I see video or preferably play it. Probably won't be able to get one any time soon, but it does have me eyeing up the collection again looking for sacrifices...LOL

#953 9 years ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?

Is the Cell Block a ball lock or will the game use virtual ball locks?

#955 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not to keep this off topic, but it has been heavily rumored that there will be a 3D Blu coming out later this year. I was originally hearing October, but would think it would be officially announced by now if that was happening. The "sing-along" version that was rereleased in theaters is coming out soon but on DVD only, so I'm guessing/hoping that version will be tacked on with the 3D. At this point, I'm guessing it will pop up just in time for the holidays. I really hate how Disney has been handling 3D lately, but as someone who will be suckered into double dipping, I'm sure not helping the problem. Can't blame them too much for milking this one for all it's worth I guess. LOL
Slightly more on topic, Frozen would make an awesome pin.

Jediturtle gets me. I guess 3D sales aren't as hot in the US as in other countries...but I would have to imagine if ANY 3D titles would sell well, it would be Disney. It's so weird to see ultra shitty movies get 3D Blus or even 3D conversions of horrible movies like Gamer, Jumper and I Robot. Those movies have 3D demand but Disney movies don't?

#956 9 years ago

whoops. this one.amazon.com link »

That is one of the import versions. Spain I think? It is region free, but the cost of importing is an annoyance. There is no US 3D release currently.

#957 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? You work with voice over and you're gonna pull the whole "animation is just for kids" thing on me? Do you remember when Beauty & The Beast, Lion King, and Aladdin came out in the 90's?...EVERYONE saw them...everyone. Not just for kids. Frozen is this generations Beauty & The Beast. There's no shame in adult watching it. If you're skipping all the modern animated films because you think they're toddler Barney bullshit, you're missing out on some great films.

Off topic but I agree here. Not very many original movies that are well written anymore except for the animated ones. Too many movies banking on suspect cgi to bring in patrons to the theater.

#958 9 years ago

Just got hooked on the 3D thing! Bought about 40 movies and am having a blast! Avatar is really fantastic at home. I'm waiting for 2012 as they released it in 3D overseas.

#959 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Lucas was the master at this. Back when I was collecting laserdiscs, it used to annoy the f*ck out of me how they would keep releasing new versions of the Star Wars films. First the regular edition, then the widescreen edition, then the Special Collector's edition, then the EXTRA Special Collector's edition, then the remastered edition with the new special effects .... It never ended.

#960 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just got hooked on the 3D thing! Bought about 40 movies and am having a blast! Avatar is really fantastic at home. I'm waiting for 2012 as they released it in 3D overseas.

I love 3D so much, if a 3D Blu is cheap, I'll buy it even if it's a piece of shit lol. Step Up 3D was $9 on Amazon - so I bit....what a piece of garbage, but the 3D is awesome - AND (bringing it back) - it has PINBALL in it. Well, sorta...in the background. They dance at an arcade warehouse...you can see BK2K, Funhouse, and others in the background!

Quoted from gweempose:

Lucas was the master at this. Back when I was collecting laserdiscs, it used to annoy the f*ck out of me how they would keep releasing new versions of the Star Wars films. First the regular edition, then the widescreen edition, then the Special Collector's edition, then the EXTRA Special Collector's edition, then the remastered edition with the new special effects .... It never ended.

I think I've had 40 different versions of T2. VHS, Laserdisc, Laserdisc Extended Edition, DVD, DVD Special Edition, Probably some other DVD edition, Blu Ray, Blu Ray Remastered....I'm probably leaving out a few lol

#961 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think I've had 40 different versions of T2.

Cameron is another one of those people who knows how to milk every last dollar from his fans. Pan and scan, widescreen, Director's cut ... I bought them all.

#962 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Don't know but IM, Tron, ACDC don't use locks, but start multiball rounds by shooting shots enough times and then it starts autoplunging balls. I think BBH and others do this as well. XMEN and Start trek use the locking post.

#963 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

They cross in the back. Right ramp to left flipper. Left ramp to right flipper.

So it looks like you can't combo the ramps back and forth like in Metallica or Star Trek?

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just guessing, but based on the picture, it appears to have lights in front of each head so that would likely indicate virtual locks indicated by how many lights are lit.

#965 9 years ago

also looks like perhaps the lane to the left of cell block could circle around and load balls into building until the are released..

#966 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz83:

So it looks like you can't combo the ramps back and forth like in Metallica or Star Trek?

Yes you can. It's criss-cross style. Right ramp to right flipper, combo to left ramp to left flipper. On the LE, there's some kind of divertor behind the backboard that also allows the ball to go from the right ramp over to the left so it can load into the cannon.

#967 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes you can. It's criss-cross style. Right ramp to right flipper, combo to left ramp to left flipper. On the LE, there's some kind of divertor behind the backboard that also allows the ball to go from the right ramp over to the left so it can load into the cannon.

I'm not sure about this. Here is the description from Stern:

PRO: "Bicycle Girl" ramp-ball enters left playfield, exits at right
LE: "Bicycle Girl" ramp-ball enters left playfield, exits at right with mechanical lift
LE: "Bicycle Girl" bash toy
PRO: Vacuum formed ramp-ball enters right of playfield and exits left
LE: Vacuum formed "Crossbow/Fish Tank" ramp-ball enters right playfield and exits left
LE: Magnet ball diverter on "Crossbow/Fish Tank" ramp to feed "Crossbow"

I could be wrong, but what I take from this is that, on the pro, if you hit the left ramp, it comes back to the right flipper. Right ramp to left flipper. So you can keep hitting the same ramp over and over with cross playfield shots. Can only go back and forth if you backhand.

As far as the LE goes, I think they are saying that the Bicycle (LEFT) ramp the mechanical lift that raises the ramp and lets you bash the toy. For the RIGHT ramp, it still goes around to the left, but it can be diverted from the inlane to the cannon by way of a magnet diverter (just above the left inlane).

#968 9 years ago

I think this is the picture of the diverter that directs the ball to the cannon.

Diverter.jpgDiverter.jpg

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

This whole thread is full of "cliche'd" posts that we see every single time a new pin is announced.
Including a lot of yours.

Nice attempt at a comeback.

Unfortunately for you it was easy for me to see every one of my posts in this thread, and I didn't see one that was anywhere near as cliche as the one that I referred to.

It's not like it was some terrible stupid post or anything, and I was not implying that. I have a ton of respect for Taylor. His post is something that a lot of people think and say...every time a new pin is released. I.e., cliche.

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Cameron is another one of those people who knows how to milk every last dollar from his fans. Pan and scan, widescreen, Director's cut ... I bought them all.

ahem....Blade Runner. Only about 59 versions of that one.

#971 9 years ago

I don't think the ramps have any mechanisms behind the playfield. They just criss-cross.

#972 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

LE: "Bicycle Girl" ramp-ball enters left playfield, exits at right with mechanical lift
LE: Vacuum formed "Crossbow/Fish Tank" ramp-ball enters right playfield and exits left
I could be wrong, but what I take from this is that, on the pro, if you hit the left ramp, it comes back to the right flipper. Right ramp to left flipper. So you can keep hitting the same ramp over and over with cross playfield shots. Can only go back and forth if you backhand.
As far as the LE goes, I think they are saying that the Bicycle (LEFT) ramp the mechanical lift that raises the ramp and lets you bash the toy. For the RIGHT ramp, it still goes around to the left, but it can be diverted from the inlane to the cannon by way of a magnet diverter (just above the left inlane).

Yeah from that description it looks like left ramp to right flipper and right ramp to left flipper. I don't have a problem with that. BSD would be an example of that.

#973 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think this is the picture of the diverter that directs the ball to the cannon.

Diverter.jpg 42 KB

That magnet diverter is like the Sega SWT to load the x-wing.

#974 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't particularly want to sit at a pinball for 30+ minutes.

So, you don't like Metallica?

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Don't see any predictions that Stern will go bankrupt due to us Premium-customers not buying an LE or Pro. The only thing i see is that pontential customers are indicating that Stern could sell more games if they would rethink their sub-optimal marketing strategy.
It needs to be stated - the more often the better - in these kind of threads that a large base of customers is unhappy if no Premium is released. We all know that Stern is following these threads and if no one states that Premium is the one they want Stern will not know and cannot react to it.
The worst thing for any business is having unhappy customers keeping to themselves and not giving the necessary feedback which is the key to any future improvement. Dissatisfaction needs to be addressed and not smiled away.

very well stated and i hope stern will see a premium made so they can maximize their profits. premium or nothing are my options, what do you want me to do stern?

#976 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

very well stated and i hope stern will see a premium made so they can maximize their profits. premium or nothing are my options, what do you want me to do stern?

They want you to buy an LE or a Pro.

It's your decision to go with the other option (nothing).

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

That magnet diverter is like the Sega SWT to load the x-wing.

And exactly the same as on Austin Powers.
In fact the whole ramp, diverter and cannon seem to be the same

#978 9 years ago

I'll start a new post so it's not just buried on page 20, but I got my article up here:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/got-bit-fever-hit-the-walking-dead-pinball-shambles-into-game-rooms/

Some really big high rez images in that gallery of the Pro and LE playfields and cabs. Just click to enlarge them in a new window, I uploaded them pretty big, you can see a ton of detail.

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll start a new post so it's not just buried on page 20, but I got my article up here:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/got-bit-fever-hit-the-walking-dead-pinball-shambles-into-game-rooms/
Some really big high rez images in that gallery of the Pro and LE playfields and cabs. Just click to enlarge them in a new window, I uploaded them pretty big, you can see a ton of detail.

Those photos are great! Thanks, Aurich!

Looking at the high res photos, I definitely prefer the backglass on the LE over the pro. It's essentially the same artwork, but in color instead of b&w.

#980 9 years ago

Has anyone noticed the ball's path during the plunge? That's unique.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

The star rollovers must be the skill shot.

#982 9 years ago

Looks like a target to the right of the TOWER insert and you can hit it from the plunge, after the star rollovers.

Yes, unique plunge for sure.

I see that even the PRO has drop targets this time. Thats a first since they started making PRO models.

#983 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm a little worried about the action of the ball if you hit the skill shot without passing the gate. Is it going to just dribble back down and slowly roll toward the right slingshot?

#984 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yup! I'll take a picture of my still growing Laserdisc collection...

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm a little worried about the action of the ball if you hit the skill shot without passing the gate. Is it going to just dribble back down and slowly roll toward the right slingshot?

Depending on the speed, it looks like it could bounce off the one way gate and go into the pops.

#986 9 years ago

With the high resolution playfield photo, you can really see how cool some of the artwork is. I love the train tracks leading into the tunnel with the "Terminus" sign above.

#987 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Looking at the high res photos, I definitely prefer the backglass on the LE over the pro. It's essentially the same artwork, but in color instead of b&w.

Yeah, it's interesting how they decided to do that. No Premium, shared artwork in the backbox, definitely a more efficient way to work. I think it works, both designs feel like they match their respective cabinet designs.

#988 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? You work with voice over and you're gonna pull the whole "animation is just for kids" thing on me? Do you remember when Beauty & The Beast, Lion King, and Aladdin came out in the 90's?...EVERYONE saw them...everyone. Not just for kids. Frozen is this generations Beauty & The Beast. There's no shame in adult watching it. If you're skipping all the modern animated films because you think they're toddler Barney bullshit, you're missing out on some great films.

Well, in this case, you can buy the 3D version as a download, but I don't want to buy a download...I like physical media. If it doesn't come out here, I'll buy the UK version - every country got the 3D release but us...bizarre. Anyway, back to zombies.

I've watched frozen about 25 times and will probably watch it 5 more this weekend...granted I have an almost 2 year old son and most of those 25 times we've watched it, I've Been surfing pinside. But nonetheless frozen is an excellent animated film. It Has a lot of positive messages in it too like don't fall in love the instant you meet someone and fire is hot lol. Plus my wife and I being x-musicians, we love all kinds of music and frozen has some great music for its type of genre.

The great thing about buying the blu ray is the ability to put the movie on our iPads. So we switch back and forth from watching it on the big screen to the iPad. Having it on the iPad is super convenient when getting dinner ready or cleaning the house, I put our other movies on it and our sons now taking a liking to despicable me too. How we survived as kids without movies at our fingertips is beyond me

#989 9 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

And exactly the same as on Austin Powers.
In fact the whole ramp, diverter and cannon seem to be the same

Yes, exactly like Austin Powers. Problem with AP was this feature was SEVERLY underused. Hopefully with TWD it will be used more. Calling this feature a Crossbow is a real stretch of the imagination. I'm most likely in for a Pro, since this is the main feature added with the LE and it just doesn't do much for me. I used to own AP so you will see what I mean when you play it.

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Interesting…that would certainly be different for a 2 ramp game to not be able to do the usual criss-cross combo. I thought the "mechanical lift" was their name for a divertor, I now realize that's the ramp flap that lifts up in front of the zombie head. So yeah, hmm…each ramp is more like Avatar then, where it goes back to the same flipper and you'd keep hitting the same ramp (or go ramp to orbit or ramp to bash toy).

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, exactly like Austin Powers. Problem with AP was this feature was SEVERLY underused. Hopefully with TWD it will be used more. Calling this feature a Crossbow is a real stretch of the imagination. I'm most likely in for a Pro, since this is the main feature added with the LE and it just doesn't do much for me. I used to own AP so you will see what I mean when you play it.

I can understand the appeal for the x-bow since it is a primary weapon used in the show by a principal character to put down walkers, but I am with you, it seems like it will slow down the game some and might have the potential to become an annoyance more than a plus after awhile. But i never did quite get the utility of the x-bow. It seemed to me, just get a shovel and slam them, less time loading, just as effective and you don't have to pull out or go looking for the arrows.. But that would not be as dramatic...HAHA.

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

just as effective and you don't have to pull out

That's what she said...

#993 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

But i never did quite get the utility of the x-bow.

Good for long distance, otherwise the sword seems to be the way to go...

#994 9 years ago

does anyone know if the heads/aquarium move (interactive) or is it just lit up??

#995 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

does anyone know if the heads/aquarium move (interactive) or is it just lit up??

Refer to other thread.

#996 9 years ago

That left ramp could be a backhand shot, potentially. The right one clearly won't be.

#997 9 years ago

I see that even the PRO has drop targets this time. Thats a first since they started making PRO models.

Metallica Pro has inline drops. TWD Pro seems to have some pretty good features though. Not quite as feature packed as Metallica with its metal ramps and an extra magnet; but still has a lot going on.

#998 9 years ago

Approaching 1,000 posts in that thread in only 2 days... If this reflect future sales, then Stern has a winner!

#999 9 years ago

Oh, it's gonna be a dead on winner!

#1000 9 years ago

Like I said in another post it looks like the star roll overs are the first real skill shot in years.ike tz u roll to one or two stars with out going into the pops maybe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 8.95
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.