(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.
#801 9 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Just trying to point out the positives some are seeing. We won't know how good it actually is until we play it.

Game shows great promise. Playing it won't even tell the whole story. How many games have been mediocre to start but turned out fantastic a year or two down the road once code is complete and polished?

#802 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If there's an Le and no Premium, pre-order incentive for LE isn't about future value, it's about getting the full featured game.

"Burned on their bottom line" …lol…everyone here is an expert on Stern's books. They're the ones running a pinball factory, they know what is good for their bottom line. If the LEs sell out and there are no Premiums AND the game gets a good reputation, they'll sell a shit-ton of Pros. Their bottom line will be fine.

That's exactly right, it's all about the full featured game. Ultimately the Premium was only created because in most cases it wasn't even possible to try out the game before the full-featured-game sold out, and the only customer choice is the Pro. If Stern returned to the 100% cosmetic LEs there would be little issue all around, but their insistence on limiting production of the full-featured-game model, forcing them to predict future sales, is hit and miss for both Stern and its customers. Build to demand benefits both sides.

#803 9 years ago

The le is gonna be brutal with Slayer tracks. Blood and gore just in time for halloween. Can't wait.

#804 9 years ago

Season 3 zombie head aquarium $80 on amazon. The aquarium may be too big for the Pro, but you'll get 5 cool heads to mount in the game or you could make your own aquarium (or wait for Mezel).

Just bought one but there shouldn't be a shortage. There's a ton out there.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Season-Limited-Blu-ray/dp/B00CATONCA/ref=sr_1_1

91gYDeXdUkL._SL1500_.jpg91gYDeXdUkL._SL1500_.jpg

#805 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

I heard that WMS didn't sell the 2,704 CV's so easily and they had to discount the price to finish selling the stock to operators. Anyone can confirm this?

Yep.

#806 9 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

for casual collectors like me, maybe somebody could tell me why this pin is so amazing because I feel like I've heard this before. I wanna believe, but have been burned. Hulk was lame and I'm glad I passed on Mustang. My gut tells me to wait and hopefully pick up an LE down the line.

I don't know if the game will be amazing or not, but I just looked at your collection….you have Tron and Metallica.

Do you like those two games? Same Borg designed those, Lyman coded them. They're teaming up on this one, too. You've also got AC/DC - Lyman programmed that, too. So - if you like the Walking Dead theme - I think it would be a winner for you.

#807 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Season 3 zombie head aquarium $80 on amazon. The aquarium may be too big for the Pro, but you'll get 5 cool heads to mount in the game or you could make your own aquarium (or wait for Mezel).
Just bought one but there shouldn't be a shortage. There's a ton out there.
amazon.com link »

Season 4 would also make a nice topper

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Limited-Edition/dp/B00JKQSIG8/ref=pd_cp_mov_3

#808 9 years ago

Is it only me who likes Sterns new business model? Make a great Pro for everyone and throw an LE to dedicated fans? Game had a great run? Make a VE. Applauds!

I don't want draw any conclusions based on speculation but the risks associated with a dud such as Mustang can't be very good for Sterns business and we all want them to flourish and build great pinball machines for years to come!

#809 9 years ago

Im waiting for someone to use the dirty sherrif's hat for a topper

#810 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Game shows great promise. Playing it won't even tell the whole story. How many games have been mediocre to start but turned out fantastic a year or two down the road once code is complete and polished?

Yep. Both my NIBs were purchased a year after the game was initially released when I liked where the code was. That's why I'm a fan of the Premium.

#811 9 years ago

Looks promissing.

Prefer the LE cabinet only from an art speaking point of view. But from a toy point of view, crossbow, fire button is a must.

But really, that huge zombie blob is ridiculous. You can get a better, more realistic toy for $5.

It's a pass for me but each time I'll see one I'll keep asking myself. WTF is wrong with the guy who autorised that non zombie I don't know what's your problem repulsive bashing toy.

#812 9 years ago

Cant wait to see/play one...

But initial observation is pretty positive!

This theme is one of my favorites... likely replacing TH on my buy list in the next 6months...

Well, unless a Game of Thrones game is announced

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Make a great Pro for everyone

Check

Quoted from dri:

throw an LE to dedicated fans?

Check

Quoted from dri:

Game had a great run? Make a VE

Check

I would add the following:

If the response to the LE (after people have had a chance to play it) indicates there is a large demand for the full featured game then make a Premium edition.

Edit: Win to Risk ratio is better for everyone this way.

1) Stern does not burn resources on a premium no one wants.
2) Premiums are only made if the game is a success, so even though there are more full featured games on the market, LE owners have the limited edition of a very good game.
3) If the game is not good enough to make a premium, at least the LE owners have a rare game.

#814 9 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

But really, that huge zombie blob is ridiculous. You can get a better, more realistic toy for $5.

It's a pass for me but each time I'll see one I'll keep asking myself. WTF is wrong with the guy who autorised that non zombie I don't know what's your problem repulsive bashing toy.

That's the well zombie from season two. It is kind of ridiculous but it's from the show.

well-zombie_480_poster.pngwell-zombie_480_poster.png

#815 9 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

That's the well zombie from season two. It is kind of ridiculous but it's from the show.

looks like Qauto went solo and grew up.

#816 9 years ago

The well walker spent time nipple deep in well water for quite some time...that is what happens to a dead human body that soaks in water for an extended period of time, they swell up to twice the original size.
Depiction seems accurate

#817 9 years ago

Fingers crossed for LE delivery by Halloween.

#818 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

looks like Qauto went solo and grew up.

...looks more like one of the twins in the mega hit movie "Nothing But Trouble"
ddeerr.pngddeerr.png
iu.pngiu.png

#819 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Fingers crossed for LE delivery by Halloween.

Sounds like it will be close.

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

nope...looks more like one of the twins in the mega hit movie "Nothing But Trouble"

OK...how about grown up Dead Alive?

dab.jpgdab.jpg
#821 9 years ago

Wait... its not King Hippo?

king-hippo.jpgking-hippo.jpg

#822 9 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

for casual collectors like me, maybe somebody could tell me why this pin is so amazing because I feel like I've heard this before. I wanna believe, but have been burned. Hulk was lame and I'm glad I passed on Mustang. My gut tells me to wait and hopefully pick up an LE down the line.

You have it heard it before, it's nothing new. Once the hype train gets rolling, it's hard to stop. And if you think it's going now, wait until the honeymoon starts with games arriving. If you have any doubts, I would wait it out as well.

Let us be the guinea pigs, and pick up a HUO or NIB pro or "I'm terrified it won't happen, instant panic premium" down the line.

Post edited by sammiesguys: added a couple descriptive words to last sentence

#823 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

And if you think it's going now, wait until the honeymoon starts with games arriving.

"Truly the best game ever!"
"How the hell is the ranked in the top 10 it just came out?"
The ratings on this site need to be changed - Ratings thread # 4,898,000
"Man I really believe when the new code drops this is going to be so great...anyone know when the code is coming?"

#824 9 years ago

I like the cannon. I was expecting that toy to turn up in the Star Trek pin.

#825 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Man I really believe when the new code drops this is going to be so great...anyone know when the code is coming?"

Or one of my favorites when you see the first ones come up for sale:

"You're selling now??? At least wait until the new code comes out, the game is going to be incredible!! And worth a lot more when it does!!"

#826 9 years ago

Pro Models are shipping in Mid-October. LE shipping in Late-October. No response from Trent over at Tilt Amusements so I will be forced to find a new supplier for a limited edition.

#827 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBaller_old:

Pro Models are shipping in Mid-October. LE shipping in Late-October. No response from Trent over at Tilt Amusements so I will be forced to find a new supplier for a limited edition.

call JJ

#828 9 years ago

Wow, how did AMC not get a huge spot in the playfield artwork?

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sold out to distributors . There is difference .

And every distro I've spoken with has told me they are all spoken for. 5 distro's I've talked to last 2 days.

#830 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And every distro I've spoken with has told me they are all spoken for. 5 distro's I've talked to last 2 days.

Interesting.

I bought one, got several quotes including one today, and not one of the distribs I talked to said that they were sold out.

#831 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting.
I bought one, got several quotes including one today, and not one of the distribs I talked to said that they were sold out.

I got a quote a few hours ago. No problem.

#832 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern has always sold out their LEs to distributors. Even pins like Avengers. So why would they need to do this?
Doesn't make sense.

No they haven't. Next time, try harder.

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting.

Hmmm. Maybe they just don't wanna sell to ME.

#834 9 years ago

For all you people wondering why the "fat blob" zombie is on the game... you're obviously not a fan of the show. *eyeroll* It was only one of the best zombies they had to deal with.

#835 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Ok so why not say premiums will be released if and only when all LE models are sold. No premiums will ever be made until all LE games are sold. Make 500 LE versions and if they don't all sell, than no premiums. Don't show the premium version in case people like it better than the LE. Give it a timeframe of 6 months or a year or something. Maybe it's a dumb idea but it still gets people to buy the LE and if it's a dud than you don't have to worry about a premium.

Because dealers buy the LE's. Stern has typically "sold out" very quickly on the last few LE titles. If the dealers are stuck because of Premiums then Stern's actual customers, the dealers (not us) are not happy campers. But, as others have said, the Premiums did not seem to hurt ST LE sales.

#836 9 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

But, as other have said the Premiums did not seem to hurt ST LE sales.

Didn't hurt them - but then they didn't sell many Premiums.

#837 9 years ago

It's a big pass for me. It has a LotR, 24 feel on first impression. That Balroq/ safe house is painful to look at. Guess I will wait for Kiss, but Led Zeppelin might get legs again. They have used two of their songs recently in commercials. Would be tempting if so.

Meh..

#838 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

For all you people wondering why the "fat blob" zombie is on the game... you're obviously not a fan of the show. *eyeroll* It was only one of the best zombies they had to deal with.
» YouTube video

*****SPOILER**********

******SPOILER**********

Fun to see all the characters in that scene THAT ARE DEAD NOW except one.

You never know who is next. It's one of the things that keeps the show interesting

#839 9 years ago

Any higher resolution pictures anywhere??

#840 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I bought one

I've been watching you talk yourself into it across your posts, I knew you were gonna give in! Did you ball out for the LE?

I have faith in Lyman (not to mention Lyman+Borg), you're probably gonna be a happy camper.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Any higher resolution pictures anywhere??

I'll try and get a post up on Ars Technica tomorrow with high rez photos, just been going back and forth with Stern's PR to get them all. Cabinet and playfield for Pro and LE.

#842 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been watching you talk yourself into it across your posts, I knew you were gonna give in! Did you ball out for the LE?
I have faith in Lyman (not to mention Lyman+Borg), you're probably gonna be a happy camper.

Over a year ago I said no more NIB Sterns for me due to the crap code XMen shipped with . . . I made an exception on IM VE since the code was completed and I knew it was a safe buy . . . now I'm in again on a risk.

I really think Stern will ship this game with completed or nearly completed code (I keep telling myself this anyway...makes the LE i've sprung for seem more reasonable).

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well, it was pretty much my dream theme since getting into the hobby 4 years ago. Not TWD specifically, but a zombie themed pin. That's why I was in on JPop's Zombie Adventureland for awhile.

And I did have 4 requirements that I posted here at Pinside that needed to be met or I wouldn't buy. All 4 were met!

So yeah, I'm in on the LE.

#844 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And I did have 4 requirements that I posted here at Pinside that needed to be met or I wouldn't buy. All 4 were met!

Wasn't one of them 500 or less LEs? I guess the no premium would allow that number to change.

Most of your requirements were mine as well, as I recall, the main one being the art package. I love the LE art package, best one I have seen in some time.

#845 9 years ago

It was either this or a bluish pf with photoshopped pics of main characters. I'm glad they did this route. Whew.

#846 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

It seems rather large for that one bash toy, doesn't it? A LOT of of wasted real estate if it does nothing else. Maybe you bash the doors open, bash the zombie down & it holds the mulitball balls? Seems like a lot of work to lock a ball though.
Maybe you lock the balls then bash the doors open and bash the head down to release the (hoard) balls???

I have a feeling that bash toy is 2 phases. One for the ball to hit the lower section, and 2, the upper portion is for the cannon to hit and knock over, revealing something inside.

#847 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wasn't one of them 500 or less LEs? I guess the no premium would allow that number to change.
Most of your requirements were mine as well, as I recall, the main one being the art package. I love the LE art package, best one I have seen in some time.

I thought it was 600, but maybe it was 500? But yeah, lack of Premium offering makes the 600 acceptable to me.

Obviously it's still a risk. But based on my experience, that risk is greatly reduced by the fact that Lyman is doing the code.

In Lyman We Trust.

#848 9 years ago

Also magnet maybe the spinning type.

#849 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I thought it was 600, but maybe it was 500? But yeah, lack of Premium offering makes the 600 acceptable to me.
Obviously it's still a risk. But based on my experience, that risk is greatly reduced by the fact that Lyman is doing the code.
In Lyman We Trust.

Of the 600, how many are allotted to the U.S. half ??

#850 9 years ago

Plenty of LEs left. It's a fact. And why would Stern sell only 600 if STLE blew through 799?

TWD will crush ST in sales.

Premium is coming. They just haven't announced it yet because they want to soak up all the LEs.

I'll wager on it. How much?

And btw, RAZA artwork blows this away and I love TWD artwork!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.