(Topic ID: 102759)

The first Walking Dead photos (now with higher res pics) ...

By gweempose

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,339 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmk68sin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-59.jpg
TWDWaiting-.JPG
TWDWaiting.JPG
image-824.jpg
image-108.jpg
review_wdzombies_5.jpg
review_wdzombies_3.jpg
MF14450AAlg.jpg
daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg
image.jpg
le-detail3.jpg
le-detail2.jpg
le-detail1.jpg
twd-well-zombie.jpg
TWD-LE-Playfield.jpg
TWD-Pro-Playfield.jpg
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.
#751 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think you'll ever see a Pro+ version. The beauty of the Prem/LE thing is that they were the same game - 1 set of code. We know how hard it is to code a complete game, let alone 2 variations….now throw 3 into the mix? Forget it. Not going to happen unless it's something that is "code free" like the Bell they added to AC/DC LED Pro. Maybe the Well zombie's guts? The fish tank heads? *shrug*….game was just announced and we're speculating future versions…wtf lol

You didnt look at my list of IF's. My post was a little facitious towards all the people posting that there will be a premium. Its just like people speculating what the prices will be on the LE's 3 mos after release; up or down? who cares, if you want it, get it. Game looks bitchin! and no way would i go pro on this model....at least not until after seeing/hearing/feeling gameplay.

#752 9 years ago

Stern may just be moving to a model where they don't announce Premiums at launch. Makes the LE more attractive. If they LE sells out quickly, then they announce the Premium. If not, no Premium.

It may become a case by case basis.

#753 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im looking forward to seeing some of the custom toppers people make for these pins...

Maggie Topper

#754 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern may just be moving to a model where they don't announce Premiums at launch. Makes the LE more attractive. If they LE sells out quickly, then they announce the Premium. If not, no Premium.

I agree. By not announcing a premium they won't steal from their LE sales. And no premium version at all if LEs don't sell out (or at least sell well).

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You didnt look at my list of IF's. My post was a little facitious towards all the people posting that there will be a premium. Its just like people speculating what the prices will be on the LE's 3 mos after release; up or down? who cares, if you want it, get it. Game looks bitchin! and no way would i go pro on this model....at least not until after seeing/hearing/feeling gameplay.

I'm always a Prem/LE guy - but I'm actually kind of feeling this Pro. You'll shoot crossbow shots with the flipper instead of the cannon - thats fine. You'll shoot the left ramp instead of the bashtoy under it…I think that's OK too. I like bash toys with magnets, so that's kind of a bummer the well zombie doesn't have the magnet on the Pro…but, the Prison still does. I think the main thing I'd miss is the drop target blocking that "away team" type shot - seems like that shot may be too easy without the drop blocking you sometimes. Of course, I always love color changing GI and inserts. In any case - I think like ST & Met, plenty of people will get the Pro and be happy with it.

#756 9 years ago

Doesn't one of the ramps on the LE contain an elevator of sorts?

#757 9 years ago

Preorder now and get a jump on that fishtank Mod for pro buyers.

ebay.com link: 5 INCH MICHONNE with FISH TANK HEAD The Walking Dead TV Series 6

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I agree. By not announcing a premium they won't steal from their LE sales. And no premium version at all if LEs don't sell out (or at least sell well).

Another way to look at is taking a look at past sales history. Name a time (besides Tron LE) where Stern hasn't built machines when there was significant demand. I can guarantee that if X-Men LE or Transformers LE was suddenly a super hot title and there was demand for 500+ more than Stern would make Premiums for either of them. They re-run games until the cows come home! That's why there are so many TSPP and LOTR's out there. Stern isn't going to stop making the premium version just to make LE owners feel special. They will chase the money!

#759 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Another way to look at is taking a look at past sales history. Name a time (besides TRON LE) where Stern hasn't built machines when there was significant demand. I can guarantee that if X-Men LE or Transformers LE was suddenly a super hot title and there was demand for 500+ more than Stern would make Premiums for either of them. They re-run games until the cows come home! That's why there are so many TSPP and LOTR's out there. Stern isn't going to stop making the premium version just to make LE owners feel special. They will chase the money!

Exactly. I always thought one of the strengths of Sterns business model was that they made runs in smaller batches and would rerun titles as demand dictated, unlike Williams, who only ran a machine once. Seemed strange that people cried foul when IM was rerun. It is nothing new and can happen with any of their machines except the LEs.

#760 9 years ago

Makes sense for them to try different things to maximize their profits by learning from what's happened in the past.

Of course, we love to speculate on what their intentions might be.

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Will never happen. They get quick high sales volume & higher profit margin by making an LE. Like it or hate it, the psychology of the LE is a winner for Stern's business model. If they had just announced Pro and Premium, they wouldn't get the pre-orders like they're getting right now. Why pre-order if Premium is unlimited...just wait and see! LE kills the wait and see instinct. You may not like it, but objectively - if you were running the company you'd do the same thing.

If I ran the company I would put out 600 LE's and then do a special run of 100 -200 games with painted toys and charge another $ 1000.00 like they sold out of the Metallica Dirty Donnie editions. - Plus no one seemed to care that they made the Dirty Donnie edition, so that was a win-win. Just like JJP with the Ruby Red edition. Price it insanely high and the LE collectors do not seem to mind. People that missed out may be wowed by the hand painted stuff.

Hell, I would also see the spares to anyone who wanted to hand paint it themselves for the PRO's and LE's. The fishtank head could be a $200 add on

#763 9 years ago

Plus I would think if the LE's sell out, right away, that they would be forced to announce a premium.

#764 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's why I personally think there will be a premium. From a financial standpoint, it simply makes no sense not to have one. Stern has to be thinking this will be a HUGE seller for them, and here's why ...
1 - It's a license that collectors have been clamoring for for years.
2 - It's a license with enormous worldwide recognition.
3 - The combination of Borg and Lyman has yielded some of Stern's most popular games to date.
Given these facts, why would Stern limit their market by not offering a premium? They've sold a gazillion AC/DC premiums, and it's safe to assume they would do the same with TWD premiums. To me, the fact that they gimped the pro so much practically tips their hand that a premium is coming. If they truly had no intention of ever making a premium, the pro would be way less stripped.
Who knows, I could be wrong, but my gut tells me that a premium is coming down the pipe. I'm not sure why they didn't announce at least the possibility of a premium at launch. I'll admit that this was an odd decision, but it doesn't change my core belief that Stern would make much more money in the long run by offering a premium version of this title.

Wow nice deductions Holmes. I believe you're correct.

#765 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods will be pursuing the fish tank!

Cool, count me in for one!

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I personally would never buy a pro unless I felt the premium/LE had design flaws such as Metallica. I think there are quite a few people that don't buy unless they can get the best. I would rather be missing out than settling. The gameplay is where I especially will not consider settling. Lighting, art, and paint are more optional.

Then you better buy the LE.

So simple.

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

I think they both look great. I like both versions. I look forward to seeing gameplay and hearing all the music and sounds.
I think they should just go to a two game tier to be honest. No LE version. I think they make the most money if they just did a pro and a premium model. That way they can make as many as will sell and they are not limited to a certain number and there is no way to piss anyone off if they want a full featured one. Just a cheaper model pro and a full playing premium (but at a cheaper price point than the LE's are selling for). I think they would make more money and certainly less risk overall with this type of pricing. There would be no more flipping by consumers cause nothing is limited and you can still decide which version you want. Stern gets all the money and there will be no more limited debate or the risk of how many limited they should make.

This is a great post. Stern just doesn't get it. They couldn't spell smart if you spotted them SMAR.

Keep the freaking LE's TRULY limited. 250 tops. Maybe less. maybe 150. For MORE $ than now. Pay through the nose. Less chance of the secondary market taking the $ due to Stern. Guaranteed sell out and true exclusivity (for those small weenied guys that need that kinda thing). Then sell all the Premiums and Pro's that you can. They'll sell Premium's to ALL the LE wannabes plus all the potential pro buyers that feel compelled to upgrade. Then they sell as many pro's as the market will bear. Everyones happy except the few bitter DBs that really wanted an LE for some reason....and can't be happy with the same gameplay on the premium (waaaaah).

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

If I ran the company I would put out 600 LE's and then do a special run of 100 -200 games with painted toys and charge another $ 1000.00 like they sold out of the Metallica Dirty Donnie editions. - Plus no one seemed to care that they made the Dirty Donnie edition, so that was a win-win.

You're forgetting that Metallica Premium already existed….the Donnie games were just Premiums with custom painted toys. If you've announced 600 LEs, you cant do a "special run" of 100-200 more LEs. That doesn't make sense at all.

#769 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Burned on their bottom line" …lol…everyone here is an expert on Stern's books. They're the ones running a pinball factory, they know what is good for their bottom line. If the LEs sell out and there are no Premiums AND the game gets a good reputation, they'll sell a shit-ton of Pros. Their bottom line will be fine.

I agree with this in part, except that they already have a sunk cost into the R&D of the toys/features in the LE. The ROI on the features if only implemented in the LE machines is significantly lower than if that design/development cost is also applied to a Premium as well.

#770 9 years ago

Stern has always sold out their LEs to distributors. Even pins like Avengers. So why would they need to do this?

Doesn't make sense.

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern has always sold out their LEs to distributors. Even pins like Avengers. So why would they need to do this?
Doesn't make sense.

See my posts for when you want it to make sense.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is a great post. Stern just doesn't get it. They couldn't spell smart if you spotted them SMAR.
Keep the freaking LE's TRULY limited. 250 tops. Maybe less. maybe 150. For MORE $ than now. Pay through the nose. Less chance of the secondary market taking the $ due to Stern. Guaranteed sell out and true exclusivity (for those small weenied guys that need that kinda thing). Then sell all the Premiums and Pro's that you can. They'll sell Premium's to ALL the LE wannabes plus all the potential pro buyers that feel compelled to upgrade. Then they sell as many pro's as the market will bear. Everyones happy except the few bitter DBs that really wanted an LE for some reason....and can't be happy with the same gameplay on the premium (waaaaah).

#772 9 years ago

Stern Nailed it with the exception of the repurposed AP crossbow that resembles an oversized Swiss Army knife.

Too bad that they just continued the big price hike that Star Trek LE had which was attributed to the laser cut LED side rails and head emblems (but was more about "flipper speculation". TWD LE at $200 less, but without a shaker makes them about the same price.

I like what I see, but will likely grab a LE on the secondary market down the road.
High $7k's is one hell of a lot of $100 bills. It's easy to forget when just providing a credit card number or bank transfer for purchase.

#773 9 years ago

50 posts about the business model ins and outs of why Stern should do X is worse than the hundreds of posts about nothing in between the theme reveal and the pics of the playfield.

How about we talk about the game?

Anyone thing that the zombie head inside the prison building will move at all?

#774 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Which Maggie is hotter?
Country bumpkin Maggie on the farm
Or
Tough as nails soldier Maggie?

I think Maggie's at her hottest when she talks with her British accent. I'd grown so accustomed to her as the character that I didn't even realize she had one until I saw her on a talk show.

#775 9 years ago

I bet this game will sell in three waves if good. First the I won't buy til I play but wait go ahead take my money now group. 2 Nd video is released and third when people have them and we really see gameplay in the real world. Then it will be intersting .

#776 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

50 posts about the business model ins and outs of why Stern should do X is worse than the hundreds of posts about nothing in between the theme reveal and the pics of the playfield.
How about we talk about the game?

Maybe…there's a lot of space in that house to have some kind of mechanical something. I bet it at least has a red flasher behind it for some cool lighting FX

#777 9 years ago

With this thread being just 1 day old and already close to 800 posts, will it eventually top the legendary X-Men thread?

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I guess everyone is different. My wife and I are huge fans of the show. We were hoping to make this our first NIB Stern, but we have always liked the Premium models. We want all the features without the Exclusivity tax. Translite/cab art package isn't high on our priority list.
Without a premium model, we're out.

You mean you don't like paying extra $700 bucks for Gary Sterns scribbled/ illegible signature on the outlane of the LE?

#779 9 years ago

I got quoted a price today and the le is the same as mustang le. The pro is 100 more expensive then iron man.

#780 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It seems rather large for that one bash toy, doesn't it? A LOT of of wasted real estate if it does nothing else. Maybe you bash the doors open, bash the zombie down & it holds the mulitball balls? Seems like a lot of work to lock a ball though.

Maybe you lock the balls then bash the doors open and bash the head down to release the (hoard) balls???

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

You mean you don't like paying extra $700 bucks for Gary Sterns scribbled/ illegible signature on the outlane of the LE?

If I was into exclusivity, I'd go for it, but I'm not. Let others pay what they will for Gary's scribbled sig. If it makes them happy, then that makes me happy.

My main thing is that I definitely want all the features but I will not buy before playing nor will I drop LE cash on a game that may have horrible code and wait on it for a year praying that it'll be good.

The theme is awesome and I'm sure the LEs will be long gone by the time my wife and I make a decision. If no premiums will be built, our only hope will be a secondhand LE or maybe she'll let me get The Shadow finally!

Either way, Stern looses out on my money.

Post edited by jwo825: edited for poor typing

#782 9 years ago

Someone needs to make a Hitler why is there no premium video.

#783 9 years ago

for casual collectors like me, maybe somebody could tell me why this pin is so amazing because I feel like I've heard this before. I wanna believe, but have been burned. Hulk was lame and I'm glad I passed on Mustang. My gut tells me to wait and hopefully pick up an LE down the line.

#784 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Plus I would think if the LE's sell out, right away, that they would be forced to announce a premium.

I just heard from a reliable source that they are already sold out, in about 24H, which doesn't surprise me given the pics and the features matrix.
Which is indeed a good news, now seems very likely there will be a premium. Gary, I'm 150% in for a premium with the pro cabinet

#785 9 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

for casual collectors like me, maybe somebody could tell me why this pin is so amazing because I feel like I've heard this before. I wanna believe, but have been burned. Hulk was lame and I'm glad I passed on Mustang. My gut tells me to wait and hopefully pick up an LE down the line.

Great theme, cool art, quality sculpted toys, interesting layout, Borg/Lyman. It just looks like the complete package at the moment. But I agree with your gut; playing is believing.

#786 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

It seems rather large for that one bash toy, doesn't it? A LOT of of wasted real estate if it does nothing else. Maybe you bash the doors open, bash the zombie down & it holds the mulitball balls? Seems like a lot of work to lock a ball though.
Maybe you lock the balls then bash the doors open and bash the head down to release the (hoard) balls???

If the head doesn't move to reveal something else, it would just be a bash toy (doors) that open to reveal another bash toy (head). Would they do that?

Does anyone else see any place to lock balls other than perhaps behind the head in the house?

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Great theme, cool art, quality sculpted toys, interesting layout, Borg/Lyman. It just looks like the complete package at the moment. But I agree with your gut; playing is believing.

great theme - CHECK +
cool art - check
quality toys - ummm, they all look like plastic toys to me and Hulk ate my ball all the time.
interesting layout - Hulk was interesting, but the flow suk'd.

code - who knows what Stern will invest in long-term.

playing is believing....on that, we agree.

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If the head doesn't move to reveal something else, it would just be a bash toy (doors) that open to reveal another bash toy (head). Would they do that?
Does anyone else see any place to lock balls other than perhaps behind the head in the house?

Really hoping you lock balls in the Cell Block. That building is too big to not have another purpose other than a bash toy zombie head right? Cell block spits em out for multiball and the magnet zips em around. That would be sweet.

#789 9 years ago

Sold out to distributors . There is difference .

#790 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I think if the LEs sell like hotcakes and leave a bunch of unsatisfied demand in the market, then there will absolutely be another edition. It makes no sense for Stern to ignore that revenue. They could easily stuff the LE playfield in a Pro cabinet, call it a premium, and sell a truckload or two.
However, the lack of transparency with this title is pretty crappy. I'd rather they say "premiums pending demand" so the LE buyers know what they're getting into. I understand how that screws up the manufactured scarcity that drives pre-sales, but doesn't seem to be an issue here like it was with Mustang.

Besides the astronomical price and up till now the same old shit from Stern this is one of the things that pisses me off the most. If you want all the stuff on a game you have to jump in and poney up the cash as soon as the game is announced at a price that is just so unrealistic it makes you want to be done with pinball altogether. I can see joystix selling for 10000. So, if you don't get the LE you get the shit one or nothing.

#791 9 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

great theme - CHECK +
cool art - check
quality toys - ummm, they all look like plastic toys to me and Hulk ate my ball all the time.
interesting layout - Hulk was interesting, but the flow suk'd.
code - who knows what Stern will invest in long-term.
playing is believing....on that, we agree.

Just trying to point out the positives some are seeing. We won't know how good it actually is until we play it.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sure. But just around me amongst the few pinheads I know, several already want one, including me. At the planetary level, this would be way beyond 600

#793 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think Maggie's at her hottest when she talks with her British accent. I'd grown so accustomed to her as the character that I didn't even realize she had one until I saw her on a talk show.

How bout a "Wet T-shirt Maggie" edition.. That would be my choice.. LOL..

#794 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

See my posts for when you want it to make sense.

So ironic that you would direct me to a post by yourself that makes even less sense than the one I was referring to.

#795 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not to Stern there's not. They got their money.

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

I just heard from a reliable source that they are already sold out, in about 24H, which doesn't surprise me given the pics and the features matrix.
Which is indeed a good news, now seems very likely there will be a premium. Gary, I'm 150% in for a premium with the pro cabinet

I just talked to JJ to secure mine, he has both at this point.

Walking Dead LE
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-limited-edition

pinsidewalkingdeadle(for Cash, Check, Wire or Major Bank Debit Card - Sorry no Credit Unions)
pinsidewalkingdeadlecc(For Credit Card)

Walking Dead Pro
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/copy-of-the-walking-dead-pinball-pro-edition

pinsidewalkingdeadpro(for Cash, Check, Wire or Major Bank Debit Card - Sorry no Credit Unions)
pinsidewalkingdeadprocc(For Credit Card)

#797 9 years ago

Wow. It's unreal how a pin/company can get skewered before anyone's put any time on the table. One thing Gottlieb, Bally/Williams etc had going for them is the LACK of an internet community seemingly dedicated to incessant whining about a product before it's hit the floor. "I don't like the logo, I hate the color, their business model is horrible, I bet it doesn't spray real blood, my wife and friends don't spend time with me anymore...."

We got pins! Someone is still making them despite your best efforts!!!

#798 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Wow. It's unreal how a pin/company can get skewered before anyone's put any time on the table. One thing Gottlieb, Bally/Williams etc had going for them is the LACK of an internet community seemingly dedicated to incessant whining about a product before it's hit the floor. "I don't like the logo, I hate the color, their business model is horrible, I bet it doesn't spray real blood, my wife and friends don't spend time with me anymore...."
We got pins! Someone is still making them despite your best efforts!!!

Yeah, times have changed. I heard that WMS didn't sell the 2,704 CV's so easily and they had to discount the price to finish selling the stock to operators. Anyone can confirm this?

#799 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Someone need to make a Hitler why is there no premium video.

I know
Pro with LE features easy to do Stern....Come on

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Just trying to point out the positives some are seeing. We won't know how good it actually is until we play it.

no worries. I love all the excitement for the pin. Hope it's killer....just not believing the hype any more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-photos/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.