• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7d4b5b9ba5cdeceea16433eaadeeaf13.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Had some quality time with Sterns The Walking Dead Pinball over the last few days and I really like it. I'm not a fan of the show on TV, just haven't ever watched it. However, the shots, layout, dots, and sound were all great. Plus it shipped with pretty decent code. If you are a fan of the show you will love the pin! Looks like Stern has another hit on its hands. Well done guys and I'm looking forward to playing the LE!

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

I'm not a fan of the show on TV, just haven't ever watched it. However, the shots, layout, dots, and sound were all great. Plus it shipped with pretty decent code. If you are a fan of the show you will love the pin!

So you don't watch or like the show but are telling us if we are a fan of the show, we'll like the pinball? Not sure I am quite following or how that logic works?

In fact my feel is quite the opposite, I am a huge fan of the show and am quite upset they aren't including much of the show in the pinball(sounds/call-outs in particular) in what is out for code right now.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So you don't watch or like the show but are telling us if we are a fan of the show, we'll like the pinball? Not sure I am quite following or how that logic works?
In fact my feel is quite the opposite, I am a huge fan of the show and am quite upset they aren't including much of the show in the pinball(sounds/call-outs in particular) in what is out for code right now.

+1. If you've never watched the show, how could you possibly know fans of the show would like it?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Correct. Change the backglass and the side art and you wouldn't even know it was connected to the show.

#6 9 years ago

I AM a fan of the show and wasn't very impressed with the pro at expo. It was OK, but having an LE on order, it better be leaps and strides better that what I was playing in Chicago.
Another week or two and I should have mine.

#7 9 years ago

I think if you are a fan of the show you would like zombies to some extent I guess not happy about not having the real actors,looking forward to playing it.

#8 9 years ago

this is what the pop bumpers exit reminds me of

7d4b5b9ba5cdeceea16433eaadeeaf13.jpg7d4b5b9ba5cdeceea16433eaadeeaf13.jpg
#9 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

image.jpg 21 KB

That would be awesome if Merle does call outs.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

pinballrebel said:
I'm not a fan of the show on TV, just haven't ever watched it. However, the shots, layout, dots, and sound were all great. Plus it shipped with pretty decent code. If you are a fan of the show you will love the pin!

Oh good QuarterGrabber is back to thumbs down me again, it had been awhile. Sorry I made a logical statement and question, I'll rephrase it more next time to praise everything that is The Waking Dead pinball no matter what.

I also am saying this as I do like the layout and potential of the pinball itself I had fun playing it a ton, with more from the show it could be an overall amazing game. If the callouts don't improve and obviously the rules/code are hardly even there, I don't know if it is ever going to be that great as a full package. Time will tell

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

+1. If you've never watched the show, how could you possibly know fans of the show would like it?

Yr goin 2 Deep on him the 1st tyme Pinitration ,, he just likes the Pin !! I'm Sure if Gomer Pyle was do-n the call outs on Dirty Harry , he would Not like it ..

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Oh good QuarterGrabber is back to thumbs down me again, it had been awhile. Sorry I made a logical statement and question, I'll rephrase it more next time to praise everything that is The Waking Dead pinball no matter what.
I also am saying this as I do like the layout and potential of the pinball itself I had fun playing it a ton, with more from the show it could be an overall amazing game. If the callouts don't improve and obviously the rules/code are hardly even there, I don't know if it is ever going to be that great as a full package. Time will tell

lol, man you are a freak. I give you one thumbs down and you spaz out? I have some weird dude following me around to every thread no matter what the content and giving me thumbs down, I don't care. I thumbs down anyone I hear whine about the actors voices, it's so annoying now. Nothing personal to you. For the record I am a huge TWD fan and I love the game could care less about the actors voices being in it. But according to rumours they are putting them back in anyways.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yr goin 2 Deep on him the 1st tyme Pinitration ,, he just likes the Pin .. I'm Sure if Gomer Pyle was do-n the call outs on Dirty Harry , he would Not like the pin ..

That's fine if he likes the pin, that's awesome. The only thing I was agreeing with, is that his statement made no sense. I didn't even point it out, I only agreed with it.

The fact is, I'm a huge fan of the show and I am very disappointed in the pin. How could anyone who has never watched the show, tell me I'll "love the pin"???

#14 9 years ago

I'm w/ Ya on the disappointing part , but as Q_G said above ,, Stern is work-n on some Issues .. ,
that's why the pin Isn't n my GRG yet ,,

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm w/ Ya on the disappointing part , but as Q_G said above ,, Stern is work-n on some Issues ..
that why the pin Isn't n my GRG ,,

Right on. Maybe when the code matures, I might pick up a used one. Love the show. Just wish the pin lived up to it.

#16 9 years ago

I like the show and the game. there is plenty of stuff in the game that ties it to the show.
the code while not complete is very good out of the box. especially compared to what stern has released in the past. with some updates this should have some long legs. it has been doing well on location which is a very good thing.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

Had some quality time with Sterns The Walking Dead Pinball over the last few days and I really like it. I'm not a fan of the show on TV, just haven't ever watched it. However, the shots, layout, dots, and sound were all great. Plus it shipped with pretty decent code. If you are a fan of the show you will love the pin! Looks like Stern has another hit on its hands. Well done guys and I'm looking forward to playing the LE!

Thanks for the review! I found it to be a fun game as well. As a huge Walking Dead fan, however, I truly hope Stern resolves whatever problems they have and restores the sound clips from the show. After the blowback they got from not using the real Avengers voices, I'm shocked that they would allow something like this to happen again.

#18 9 years ago

Dunno. I played it at a launch party this weekend and it just pissed me off, over and over. I played Mustang Pro while I was waiting and I friggin' loved that game.

#19 9 years ago

TWD is sdtm central, prepare to nudge and nudge.

#20 9 years ago

I bet everyone here that is saying they don't like the game is still putting in their entry to win one.

#21 9 years ago

My thoughts (if anyone cares). I really bagged on this game but for early release, it's not that bad. The ball does get stuck up in the bumpers (a lot) and the ball comes screaming down failed ramps and orbit. The only setback is only 2 shot combo in the current version. Will play it again and hope it's closer to 100% complete.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Wow, I forgot how negative this place can be at times. Let me rephrase my wording. If you like zombies, blood and guts, and kill shots on the dmd you will like it. I thought the VoiceOver in the game was fine but i dont get hung up on that. I like the game and your mileage may differ of course. The rules seemed okay for a new release and I'm sure the revisions will add even more stuff. I still think they will sell a lot of them

Ken

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Point taken. I'm sure there are fans of the show who will love it and others who will hate it.

Ken

#24 9 years ago

I'm a fan of the show for the most part.
Season 2-3 almost lost me but I like it now.
And
I bought TWD pro last week (well half of one)

Code is bad but I was expecting that. I don't play it as much as I hoped because it's just not that interesting...till they release more code.

Layout is pretty darn fun though, maybe not a long term keeper but it is fun none the less. Magnet area is nice as we probably won't see magnet wear like all prior games. Roll overs are neat and used often.
Well is way better than wolverine for a bash toy...way better. Prison is just ok it it would have been a ball lock versus a bash I think I would rate TWD a lot higher.

Call outs are weak due to being generic hopefully they get the rights to use quotes from the first three seasons but who knows?

IMO I think this is a great game to throw on a route
Huge following on top of a very easy machine to service.
Maybe that's why the prison was a bash versus a ball lock?

I'm scouting places to put it in Portland because I think it will make money.

Looking forward to playing the LE asap.

#25 9 years ago

Yep, nothing wrong with a person's opinion. I happen to really dig TWD, but absolutely HATE Tron, AC/DC, and Fish Tales, which tend to rate very highly among many people To each their own. Find games that you enjoy. Ignore other people's opinions, or at the least take them with a grain of salt. One man's grail is another's albatross.

Happy Flipping!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 26.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-my-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.