Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walkingdead-ba.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone! So while some might be sitting there thinking to have an LED kit for a game that already has LEDs is crazy, I assure you it's not as crazy as it sounds! At least, I don't think so!

We finished up our TWD LEd kit to hopefully better fit the overall theme and also really even out the lighting. We found the cool whites to be a bit harsh while playing and also wash out some of the really cool art on the game. Below is a before/after shot of the game as well!

Contest Time! Anyone who orders TWD LED kit from Pinballbulbs.com in the month of November will be entered to win a free LED kit of their choosing at any time. You don't have to pick it right away and would rather save it for when you get a new pick up down the road. One entry person regardless of kits ordered (some ops will order a couple so just throwing that in there)

I will assign a 1-whatever number for each person who buys and use an online random number generator and the winner will be announce here at the end of November. Huzzah!

Here is a link to the kit - http://pinballbulbs.com/products/walking-dead-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

walkingdead-ba.jpgwalkingdead-ba.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Will you have a LE brighten up kit available in November and will it be eligible for the contest?

#4 9 years ago

=

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:Will you have a LE brighten up kit available in November and will it be eligible for the contest?

We have an LE coming, but it all depends on if it needs much extra or not!

#5 9 years ago

Although the warm white and the spots do make the game look better for a real comparison you need to take the photos in the same state. On the left you have taken it in attract mode and on the right you have it on the all lamp test.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Although the warm white and the spots do make the game look better for a real comparison you need to take the photos in the same state. On the left you have taken it in attract mode and on the right you have it on the all lamp test.

As the person that took the pictures, they were both in attract mode. It just seemed to depend on the choreography at the moment the picture snapped. I realize it may seem to have all the inserts lit on the after but that's just dumb luck and I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out now. Besides, the inserts themselves do not provide ambient light. The cone of darkness in the middle of the playfield by the flippers has nothing to do with the insert lights at the moment in time the shutter snapped. Look at the flippers themselves between the two.

What the after doesn't really show is some of the colored inserts - maybe because they're too small to see in the picture.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Looks like MArkmon got the answer for ya.

We no longer have the game in the original state, but I can assure you,and so can physics, that the extra inserts lit up have no affect on the PF being any brighter itself. In fact, would've been brighter and in the camera's face. MAy have been a worse pic with the brightness in your face factor

#9 9 years ago

PinballBulbs kits are the best! I exclusively buy their kits, every game I own has one. They make you feel like a part of the family, they even sent me a Christmas gift last year, I will never forget that! Best customer service ever.

#10 9 years ago

Taking another pic would be tough. We need identical before and after ambient light (darkness) that's the same as well as using the same camera on the same settings. I guess we can do it again if we ever install another walking dead pro kit.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Taking another pic would be tough. We need identical before and after ambient light (darkness) that's the same as well as using the same camera on the same settings. I guess we can do it again if we ever make another kit.

I sure hope you make another kit, you guys rock! Why wouldn't you make another kit for the next game?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I sure hope you make another kit, you guys rock! Why wouldn't you make another kit for the next game?

I think he means if someone local has us do their TWD pin with a kit in it

#13 9 years ago

Thank you . I edited my post for clarity

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Thank you . I edited my post for clarity

Phew, thank god. I think I soiled myself a bit there.

#15 9 years ago

Phew, thank god. I think I soiled myself a bit there.

From earlier, there will be an LE version it looks like, but may be more LED strip and spot work and very minor stuff. I'll keep ya posted!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-led-kit-chance-for-free-led-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.