4292718E-70AA-4B3F-A000-B4603EDC6537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

mine is just terrible. cable and the 2 boards in between replaced and still have the same issue!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from fujur:

Kinda frustrating they are using cheaper and cheaper stuff on machines that are more and more expensive. Those surface-mount white LEDs are pure crap too.

so now I am getting every light board shipped to me to swap out one at a time until we find the bad one. I hope I can get this fixed!
ill keep this thread updated when I find the fix.

#10 8 years ago

got me some boards today from stern. cross my fingers. i really miss this pin!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 8 years ago

so i was sent some boards. packing slip says 8 boards. received 7. installed boards. lights a little better but only one gi on ls middle working and still having issues. ill bet the board that was not packed is the one i need. this is very frustrating.
the board not in box is 32 sw/lamp expansion board # 520-5322-10

trying to give as much info on this as i know somebody down the line is gonna have this issue with their wd pin.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from fujur:

Do the lights go back to normal without that missing board (normal but without those lights obviously)? I wonder if the cable issue impacted the boards. That cable they had me replace was running to the light from a circuit board on the bottom back right of the cabinet (not back box). Could that be damaged?

I replaced that little board that mounts on on r/s of the pin where the black and red harness from that main light board goes to. my game full of gremlins so very bad now it does this:

ill keep you posted- 5 months and counting

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Arragh. This happened to me for the first time over the weekend. Firstly the cross bow lost power and the ball just kind of rolled out rather than being fired. Turned it off and it went back to normal. Then the next day the lights and inserts went disco crazy. Again turned it off and it's fine now but I'm guessing I'm going to have a problem soon

call them before it shorts out the entire game like mine. mine just died one day after playing it. I can believe they don't have a fix for this!!

#19 8 years ago

both but dist has more pull

#21 8 years ago

got that board yesterday #520-5322-10, pin is still no good. back on the phone to stern!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

We had an issue with out showroom floor one. We changed out the Harness with the one Stern sent us and it fixed it right up. Good luck hope they can get you patched up
JJ

the red and black 2 wire harness? mine was toasted and replaced also wish it was only that!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yep I wonder if that frying did some damage to the IO board? Or the little Square board in the back of the back box.
JJ

game was shipped to a good friend for repair. very nice of him to volunteer. ill post update

1 week later
#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It is a Sam game. TWD does have light boards for the playfield, they are daisy chained together. The GI come of the center light board between the slings. What sucks is there is no protection when something is shorted in the GI, such as this light socket. Takes out the board as well.
Here is a picture of the board, GI connection is at the bottom right in the picture. The small chip that burns out is in the post above.

IMG_0100.jpg

special thanks to kawydud to take time out of his schedule to fix my walking dead, cant thank him enough!!!!

2 years later
#31 5 years ago

sorry. no spare parts and no longer have the pin. i would call stern and speak to chas. i am sure they have this figured out by now. maybe they will ship you a board n/c.

Quoted from FlipFun:

Hello robotron, you have a spare board 520-6937-00F then? The main led board with failing Component?
In general can you check your machine what is the led activity for that board when pin is in attract mode.
Also the node and switch board status led.
Mine the
-main led board marked node is flashing red fast
-The node controller board has a fast blinking orange led.
See pictures[quoted image][quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-le-lights-going-crazy?tu=robotron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.