(Topic ID: 184352)

The Walking Dead is now The 80s Are Dead! With Video!

By TiltDis

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TiltDis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

A couple months ago I saw mcsirtuna streaming a TWD with custom music. I was so inspired as it made the game look refreshed and the pin was imagined in a new way. With the help of the pinball browser software created by user oga83 as well as tips for tuna. I was able to put my own songs into my dad's TWD pro. After thinking and some tweaks, I came up with a list of songs (listed below) from the 80s to incorporate in the game. I have played the machine over a hundred times now, on my own and sharing the fun experience with friends. I just wanted to post it here to share how easy, fun, and awesome of a time I had! It has brought new life to an already awesome game! I may post some gameplay footage after TPF, if y'all are interested. Thanks.

LIST OF SONGS IMPLEMENTED IN MY TWD PRO:

Shooter groove- The Stroke by Billy Squier
During game- Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
During game 2- Africa by Toto
Match- Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley
Game Over/Horde- Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
High Score- Take On Me by A-Ha
Barn- Tom Sawyer by Rush
CDC- Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top
Riot- Panama by Van Halen
Tunnel- Urgent by Foreigner
Arena- I Ran...(So Far Away) by Flock Of Seagulls
Blood Bath- Who Can It be Now? by Men at Work
Prison- Centerfold by J. Geils Band
Prison During Multi- Rock you Like a Hurricane by Scorpions
Well- Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns N’ Roses
Well During Multi- Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard
Woodbury- Final Countdown by Europe
Crossbow- I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister
Bicycle Girl- Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue
End of Ball Bonus- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

#2 2 years ago

Wow i want this in my game , but Never gonna give you up , no way lollll

#3 2 years ago

Awesome list. Glad to have inspired this to happen. It was certainly a fun thing to do as well as enjoy. Funny how just swapping out the music can revitalize a game for you.

#4 2 years ago

+1 for footage!

I was watching Elwin's StarTrek session in his channel when I think steve miller came on. Then i noticed he had a couple different songs... awesome!

If i ever get a ST, Im definitely loading up Sabotage

#5 2 years ago

I can't believe you rick roll them for a match. :p

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

A buddy was able to record a long gameplay video of me playing TWD. It does not show everything, but a lot of songs are shown in the video and I got a high score. So watch til the end! Thanks!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

A buddy was able to record a long gameplay video of me playing TWD. It does not show everything, but a lot of songs are shown in the video and I got a high score. So watch til the end! Thanks!
» YouTube video

Man you really give those flipper buttons hell every time! Looks exhausting.

#8 2 years ago

Sounds awesome. Can a Grateful Walking Dead be on the horizon? Might have to make that one myself...

#9 2 years ago

It is something to leave the house one day with a 'regular' TWD Pro machine, no mods, upgrades, or such. And come back the next day when you start up a game and hear Billy Squier! I will say I've heard a number of songs go through the machine now, but I am still not sure what I like best...

Brad/Dad

#10 2 years ago

I would put this on my premium if there was any way of doing it on a memory stick. Guessing it is hard as hell to do?

Would like to do a 70's version but have zip, zero experience of anything like this.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I would put this on my premium if there was any way of doing it on a memory stick. Guessing it is hard as hell to do?
Would like to do a 70's version but have zip, zero experience of anything like this.

It is not that hard with the pinball browser software (after a $20 PayPal donation), it is pretty much drag and dropping your music in. I had to up the music each 5dbs and then in pinball browser increased the sound to 150-200%. Overall it took time, but not too much and was well worth it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wheelersburg , OH
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chandler, AZ
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside