Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-413.jpg
1907899_10205153289258635_5946396188626662998_n.jpg
10366007_10205153288818624_7090476950591553563_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.19.36 PM.png
Untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

1.07 also exists

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

He posted something else, where...not sure ? He stated that the LEs were delayed due to update/changing of the code to implement the original call outs. Tie this together with what was posted above, and one could surmise Rick's voice will be used. Here's hoping for that!

Yes I hope that happens too! It will stop the excessive whining about the voices from a few people.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I played several games on 1.07 the other night and I thought I heard Rick Grimes at one poin ...but there were other games being played around me so I may have been mistaken.
Unfortunately new code will not fix the crappy lighting on the pro. I don't know why Stern even bothered with playfield artwork all I could see was white lights and inserts burning away at my retinas.

All I can say is PinballBulbs LED kit. The lightstrips and extra spotlights really take away the burning eye feeling because it is bright all over instead of being concentrated in one spot.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Sooooo premium maybe? I hope....

Just buy the LE they are not sold out. According to RobT they only sold five

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Still hoping for a premium though.

So you don't want to buy an LE

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I do if there is no chance of a premium which I'm not convinced there won't be. From the distributors I've talked to, I've been told if there is money to be made they will do it. Who knows how many these games these distributors were allotted though so its a crap shoot.

I was just kidding, that's why I put the kidding icon
But in all honesty, do you really want to take that chance?

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I couldn't resist, and went through the callouts myself last night. I didn't hear anyone who sounded even remotely like someone from the show. If they were trying to impersonate Rick and Daryl, they failed miserably. I don't think it will make or break the game, but I can't deny that I am disappointed. I wonder if these are the clips that underlord's friend heard, or if there used to be actual voice clips from the show in the game.

I think this is why Stern doesn't even try to please the home collector, because you can't. People whined about the hill billy voice (which I understand, I think I even whined about it) so Stern gets voice impersonators and changes the call outs. People still aren't happy and complain. I think even if Stern had the best voice actor that sounded exactly like the charactor, people would complain. When someone wants the real actor to do the call outs nothing short of that will satisfy them it seems.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

not entirely true QG. I was happy with the Transformers voice work, but xmen is abysmal.
unlike some, I actually like the Metallica callouts - it's the real dudes.
I just think in this instance, they need to sound REAL close to the actors. It can't be THAT hard or expensive to get it right.

Well I read somewhere in a thread that there are pinsiders working on custom quotes. so hopefully they do better then Stern?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Funny because the call outs on TBL are on the money...

Can't argue with that, TBL is an awesome game!

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Flipped the switch, formatted Fat32, tried 3 sandisk USB drives. I get it to the install update part just fine and it says "plug USB in" and then nothing.

As far as I can remember the flash drive can't be over a certain size. What size flash drive are you using?

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I've used 16 and 32 before with no problems. I would make sure it only has the bin file on it.

I have like 10 different bins on mine and it works fine. When I stick the USB drive in (4Gb) it allows me to scroll through all of them then use the one I want for the update.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Really? Good to know. I always wipe my thumbdrives clean after use.

Yeah keeping them all on there helps me keep organized instead of having to jump on the computer all the time. And it comes in REALLY handy with Family Guy. So I can switch back and forth from FGY and Shrek easily. It's a Kingston flash drive. I think the brand matters too, some brands don't work.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Got the call today! My TWDLE should ship on MONDAY! YA!!!

My distributor told me the same thing. I am ready to drive 8 hours round trip on the drop of a dime too to get it

7 months later
#190 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

1.42 is out. Great update!

Where? I thought the lastest code was 1.25?

3 weeks later
#195 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah. That bug is known. Another code update is being worked on.
Not sure if Stern ever revisited the license agreement, adding character voices to ruleset.

No the game wasn't designed by Steve Ritchie so Stern won't spend the extra money for actor support or custom call outs. But that's ok since Pinsiders seem to do a better job then Stern can anyway...cough, cough...Karl urban.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Steve has a nack for getting his game titles elevated from Stern for code add ons and cooler LE features. Steve gets it.

I know Steve gets priority but I wish stern treated all their designers the same way. No cheap outs or cop outs for some and anything you want for the other.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Still wondering if there's any chance of utilizing the different color gi bulbs in the premium to change colors for different modes.

Really you can only have two colours, red and white. They are ready have coded Horde mode to pulse just red, but that's it so far.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Guess that's why I've never seen it.

I haven't seen it either, just read about it.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

What does the Pro GI do during Horde?

On an LE/Premium all the white LED's shut off and all the red LED's are left on and they pulse with the music. And if you have a shaker installed the shaker goes with the pulsing of the red LED's. I don't know what it is like on a Pro model though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.