Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-413.jpg
1907899_10205153289258635_5946396188626662998_n.jpg
10366007_10205153288818624_7090476950591553563_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.19.36 PM.png
Untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captaincam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Untitled.png 1020 KB

Hilarious! I like it

#20 9 years ago

I am fine with not having each and every voice from the cast on this game however it would seem reasonable to have at least a rick grimes or other primary character as the narrator. Stern, can you make this happen pleeeeaaaas? It would make a huge difference on this amazing game.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

It definitely is a great game. Just like Tron was as well when it came out. OF course the same thing happened here: people posted up saying what a waste this and Tron were and how terrible they were. I guess those guys must really like Wizard of Oz.

Yes, Wizard of Oz was a great pin when it finally came out. The theme was a bit hard for me to grasp on though, maybe its my generation. I was looking forward to the Hobbit as I really dig that theme however I think JJP will have a tough sale following what I have seen there. Very simplistic, short and simply layout and a bit disapointing. I am hopeful that JJP can really grab part of the market as competition helps us consumers though. Stern on the other hand has impressed me greatly with this rollout due to the artwork and game play on the Walking Dead and I am even more excited to play the Walking Dead LE when it arrives. I think this will be a winner especially as the code matures and game rules are understood.

#88 9 years ago

Finally some updated sounds, voices! I have been listening to the sounds and voices on this latest release v1.11 for the LE and it is safe to say that as far as voices, sounds and music this game code has made some dramatic improvements and is maturing very nicely. For the die hard AMC Walking Dead fans there is a large library of sounds, voices and music that apply directly to the situations in the show. The only down side to the voice work is that from what I can hear on the browser the voices are most likely not of the actual actors...not sure why this is such a difficult task, however that being said I think I can get quickly get over this as Stern has done a great job finding voice actors that closely match the likeness of the actors voices, making them closely resemble the actors actual voices. For many playing the game, the differences would not be noticable in gameplay. There is a tremendous compilation of voice work that include voices that sound like Rick Grimes, Hershel and Darryl amoung others saying very specifics that match the series situations closely as well as making specific voice callouts that relate specifically to pinball and this game. The often complained about voice actor that did the Big Buck Hunter voice work still has voice work on this release however it appears he has toned it down to better match the more somber theme of TWD as his callouts do not seem as out of place or annoying as they previously were at least on the pinball browser, well done. I still think that this voice actors work should not be used as the primary game play voice as the Rick Grimes, Hershel and Daryll voices should be the most appropriate voices in the game and hopefully they are used primarily. The many other sound effects on this latest release are amazing which include walker sounds, slashings, screems, chewing, chomping, slicing, gunshots amoung others. There are also great music scores, many other amazing creepy theme based sounds and some humorous sayings from the voice actors. There has been a lot of work put in to this new code and it shows. There is always room for tweaking but with this new code I am even more excited to get my TWDLE as I now feel the code that will arrive with the pin will now match the amazing graphics and layout and theme that this pin provides. I believe The Walking Dead will be one of Sterns best titles ever.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from gmh:

I had this exact problem this morning. I switched from my 16 gb usb drive to my sons 4gb usb drive and it then worked. I can check the formats later, but I would bet they are the same. Strangely enough my 16 GB is also sandisk and my son's is some generic thing.

FYI, I had the same problem when updating my machines a couple months ago trying to use a larger flash usb drive to update the machines and it did not work so I also did just as you mentioned and used one of my kids cheap 4gb usb drives and it worked fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captaincam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code?tu=captaincam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.