Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-413.jpg
1907899_10205153289258635_5946396188626662998_n.jpg
10366007_10205153288818624_7090476950591553563_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.19.36 PM.png
Untitled.png
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

The LE should come with the topper for the extra 3G Canadian you are paying. Not including the topper when it obviously is integrated into the code is a kick in the shorts to LE buyers.

Heck, the LE doesn't even come with the shaker. Talk about nickle and diming your customers.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Heck, the LE doesn't even come with the shaker. Talk about nickle and diming your customers.

At least they went back to the real backglass on the LE's.

#103 9 years ago

Glad Stern is implementing at least sound alikes. Talked to Guy tonight. Distro's are requesting more LE allotments again. Stern has sold them out. Great news for this title.

Guy said that the "gotta shoot em in the head' and 'we need those doors open' were definitely from the show call outs. More updates coming gang. David at Stern is dead serious about this.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Distro's are requesting more LE allotments again. Stern has sold them out. Great news for this title.

Sooooo premium maybe? I hope....

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Sooooo premium maybe? I hope....

Just buy the LE they are not sold out. According to RobT they only sold five

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Just buy the LE they are not sold out. According to RobT they only sold five

I tried to buy an LE from several distributors and they were sold out. I asked CoinTaker at York, no dice.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Try Gio and Steve at Pinball Refinery.

Will do, thanks! Still hoping for a premium though.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Still hoping for a premium though.

So you don't want to buy an LE

#110 9 years ago

Trent at Tilt Amusements does have a few LE left at a good price.

www.tiltamusements.com
740-803-2276

#111 9 years ago

Keep in mind there are only about 253 LE's sold in the US.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Keep in mind there are only about 253 LE's sold in the US.

Is that a first, having more sold out of states than from within?

#113 9 years ago

So you don't want to buy an LE

I do if there is no chance of a premium which I'm not convinced there won't be. From the distributors I've talked to, I've been told if there is money to be made they will do it. Who knows how many these games these distributors were allotted though so its a crap shoot.

#114 9 years ago

They made the premium already. It's the Pro with the extra mods

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I do if there is no chance of a premium which I'm not convinced there won't be. From the distributors I've talked to, I've been told if there is money to be made they will do it. Who knows how many these games these distributors were allotted though so its a crap shoot.

I was just kidding, that's why I put the kidding icon
But in all honesty, do you really want to take that chance?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

They made the premium already. It's the Pro with the extra mods

When I can buy the extra ramp and the rest of the playfield parts for the Pro, I'm in on the Pro.

#117 9 years ago

I was just kidding, that's why I put the kidding icon
But in all honesty, do you really want to take that chance?

Meh, I figure if they don't make a premium I'll just wait for an used LE. Regardless I'm pretty excited about this pin after playing it. That says something because I've never really been a fan of Sterns pins. However, after playing IM and TWD, I'm coming around!

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Is that a first, having more sold out of states than from within?

Yeah. Tron LE sold 200 in states, 200 out of country. Not sure on METLE. N
Mustang LE did poorly out of states.

#119 9 years ago

I was told the last 3 Premiums didn't sell well so TWD wasn't getting a Premium. Unless....

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I was told the last 3 Premiums didn't sell well so TWD wasn't getting a Premium. Unless....

Unless the LEs sold out and the Pros are selling well

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

As of right now there are no plans on a preemie. This is as of yesterday.

#122 9 years ago

I agree, but if the market demands it I'm sure Gary will make the premium!

#123 9 years ago

I went through pinball browser last night. I didn't hear any differences in the voices. I just heard the same guy's voice (current voice).

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I went through pinball browser last night. I didn't hear any differences in the voices. I just heard the same guy's voice (current voice).

There are at least 3 different voices in there. I gave a listen last night, too. Theres a billion sounds or so, so maybe you just missed them?

I am comparing from v 1.05 though.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I couldn't resist, and went through the callouts myself last night. I didn't hear anyone who sounded even remotely like someone from the show. If they were trying to impersonate Rick and Daryl, they failed miserably. I don't think it will make or break the game, but I can't deny that I am disappointed. I wonder if these are the clips that underlord's friend heard, or if there used to be actual voice clips from the show in the game.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I couldn't resist, and went through the callouts myself last night. I didn't hear anyone who sounded even remotely like someone from the show. If they were trying to impersonate Rick and Daryl, they failed miserably. I don't think it will make or break the game, but I can't deny that I am disappointed. I wonder if these are the clips that underlord's friend heard, or if there used to be actual voice clips from the show in the game.

I think this is why Stern doesn't even try to please the home collector, because you can't. People whined about the hill billy voice (which I understand, I think I even whined about it) so Stern gets voice impersonators and changes the call outs. People still aren't happy and complain. I think even if Stern had the best voice actor that sounded exactly like the charactor, people would complain. When someone wants the real actor to do the call outs nothing short of that will satisfy them it seems.

#127 9 years ago

not entirely true QG. I was happy with the transformers voice work, but xmen is abysmal.
unlike some, I actually like the metallica callouts - it's the real dudes.
I just think in this instance, they need to sound REAL close to the actors. It can't be THAT hard or expensive to get it right.

#128 9 years ago

I think this is why Stern doesn't even try to please the home collector, because you can't. People whined about the hill billy voice (which I understand, I think I even whined about it) so Stern gets voice impersonators and changes the call outs. People still aren't happy and complain.

I think it will sound fine when mixed with the music and sound effects. It doesn't sound like the actors from the show, but the game will still be fun. I just don't understand why they didn't use actual sound clips from the show. Too expensive?

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As another person who went through the voices, i can say that almost none of them sound like anyone from the show. I am not familiar with the previous voice work except through videos of the game. I do think the call outs will work with the theme of the game from what i have heard.

#130 9 years ago

Funny because the call outs on TBL are on the money...

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Hey now ...

#132 9 years ago

: )

All kidding aside. The point is Stern has to step things up. Using TBL as an example. Just like Jpop got a wake up call Stern needs one too.
All 7 of my games are Stern. I love Stern. But they have started riding our lcoked in business a bit too far. Time to give back and win our heart over.

#133 9 years ago

I think this is why Stern doesn't even try to please the home collector, because you can't. People whined about the hill billy voice (which I understand, I think I even whined about it) so Stern gets voice impersonators and changes the call outs. People still aren't happy and complain. I think even if Stern had the best voice actor that sounded exactly like the charactor, people would complain. When someone wants the real actor to do the call outs nothing short of that will satisfy them it seems.

It's still the same voice in the present gameplay. That has not changed.
I'm not whining just being honest. The voice doesn't bother me that much but I hope they use some sound clips from the show.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

not entirely true QG. I was happy with the Transformers voice work, but xmen is abysmal.
unlike some, I actually like the Metallica callouts - it's the real dudes.
I just think in this instance, they need to sound REAL close to the actors. It can't be THAT hard or expensive to get it right.

Well I read somewhere in a thread that there are pinsiders working on custom quotes. so hopefully they do better then Stern?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Can't argue with that, TBL is an awesome game!

#136 9 years ago

Glad there is an adult/non-adult speech adjustment. One quote I heard using the browser was something like "Holy S#@t, this S@#T is Fu#$in fun". The new quotes sound like the same voice actor, just toned down the redneck factor a little bit.

#137 9 years ago

Well I read somewhere in a thread that there are pinsiders working on custom quotes. so hopefully they do better then Stern?

The game is begging for a "CORRRAALL" quote!

#138 9 years ago

Are you guys listening to all the options under the requests? The last one or two on most are a different guy that sounds more like Daryl to me.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Are you guys listening to all the options under the requests? The last one or two on most are a different guy that sounds more like Daryl to me.

He definitely sounds more serious and less jokey, but he doesn't sound like Daryl. Some of the quotes are clearly supposed to be Rick. I'm not up on my Walking Dead quotes, but the one about handcuffing the guy to the roof is definitely Rick talking about Merle. Too bad it doesn't sound at all like Andrew Lincoln.

#140 9 years ago

As long as it doesn't sound like GW Bush anymore it sounds like a big improvement.

#141 9 years ago

I am very disappointed that the voices are not recorded by the actors themselves.
I mean no disrespect to the impersonator(s), but sorry... this will not do!

Furthermore, none of the music is from the show!

At the very least, i hoped the main theme would have been added, but no.

Big fail, here, IMHO.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Some of the quotes are clearly supposed to be Rick. I'm not up on my Walking Dead quotes, but the one about handcuffing the guy to the roof is definitely Rick talking about Merle. Too bad it doesn't sound at all like Andrew Lincoln.

Yeah, I heard those and they were horrible.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from PinheadBE:

Furthermore, none of the music is from the show!

The main theme is a derivation of the show's opening music. I'm not sure why they didn't just use the original. Maybe it wasn't long enough.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The main theme is a derivation of the show's opening music. I'm not sure why they didn't just use the original. Maybe it wasn't long enough.

That can't be it, there's a remix of the theme on the soundtrack for the show that's 4:28, by Bear McCreary. Something to do with royalties? Shame they didn't use the real music.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

gweempose said:

That can't be it, there's a remix of the theme on the soundtrack for the show that's 4:28, by Bear McCreary. Something to do with royalties? Shame they didn't use the real music.

Cmon! They get the licence and they cant even have the same theme music??

#146 9 years ago

I played a half dozen games on TWD at Expo and the music was close enough for me. It seemed a little faster than the show, but maybe that's a good thing as fast as the pin kicks your butt. The call out volume wasn't super loud there, but the play was so intense that I didn't get a lot of time to worry about how the voices sound. My ball times were maybe just a little longer than IM. I'd suggest not to make call outs or music a game killer at this point.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cmon! They get the licence and they cant even have the same theme music??

I wasn't defending them. I find the whole thing quite perplexing.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wasn't defending them. I find the whole thing quite perplexing.

I know, sorry. Just frustrated.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

At nearly double the price of a Walking Dead pro I'm glad they are!

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At nearly double the price of a Walking Dead pro I'm glad they are!

OK but for a fair reference point how much is the LE with same music and callouts.

And more importantly how the hell are we arguing opposite points for Stern : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.