View topic image gallery

2018-01-10_14-41-57 (resized).png
IMG_4218 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171210_203747829 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 6 years ago

Shout out to those at stern that made this happen. Thank you!!!! And please keep the updates coming for all your machines!!!

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I feel like horde is easier to achieve in the new code. I've been able to collect all weapons after a good stacked multiball say prison and blood bath. Maybe I just don't understand how weapons are earned..

I feel like Horde is going to be easier also. I just updated yesterday and played a few games and almost got horde twice. I may have gotten it but one game on ball 3 my ball came flying down the left side ball return ramp and jumped off of the ramp and over the flippers and into the drain......wtf?? Anyway code is awesome and Clelands mod just makes this game outstanding.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I feel like Horde is going to be easier also. I just updated yesterday and played a few games and almost got horde twice. I may have gotten it but one game on ball 3 my ball came flying down the left side ball return ramp and jumped off of the ramp and over the flippers and into the drain......wtf?? Anyway code is awesome and Clelands mod just makes this game outstanding.

The rules for collecting weapons have not changed in the new code to my knowledge. Practice makes perfect. Your skills are increasing!

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The rules for collecting weapons have not changed in the new code to my knowledge. Practice makes perfect. Your skills are increasing!

Possible but I swear that i have the feeling that it is easier. I'm not saying that it is but something seems different.....in a good way.

#255 6 years ago

Everyone who has previously PM'ed for code has received a reply with the links for :

LE AND PRO

Cleland Voices : Slayer with Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath : R
Cleland Voices : Slayer with Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath : PG13
Cleland Voices : Tool Music : R
Cleland Voices : Tool Music : PG13

***NOTE: PG13 REFERS TO CLELANDS VOICE CHANGES AND DOESNT APPLY TO THE MUSIC WHICH MAY CONTAIN CURSES***

TOOL FOR SURE CONTAINS CURSES (REPEATED F WORD) ON THE RIOT MODE

HAPPY ZOMBIE HOLIDAYS!

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Having Bicycle Girl lit at the start helps a bit. Typically how I start a game is to get two quick hits on the prison and then knock down the drops to light a mode. If you go for CDC off the bat while Bicycle Girl is lit you can get 2 weapons right off the bat. Then concentrate on the drops again and for the next mode shoot the right ramp to start Arena which should also be lit for Crossbow. Keep looping that ramp and you can collect 2 weapons for both completing Arena and for picking up Fishtank shots. Now you have 4/6 weapons collected and should be close to starting multi-balls from which you should be able to collect the extra 2 weapons and get to Horde. Seems a bit easier in this code than the old.

#257 6 years ago

I just put in an order for twd premium. To get ready, I downloaded the code from stern's site for the premium, but after downloading, the file says TWD160LE.BIN is this correct for the premium because there is a separate download for the LE at stern's site as well.
Thanks for any help.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I just put in an order for twd premium. To get ready, I downloaded the code from stern's site for the premium, but after downloading, the file says TWD160LE.BIN is this correct for the premium because there is a separate download for the LE at stern's site as well.
Thanks for any help.

The premium and LE run on the same code. That is the correct .BIN file for your game.

#259 6 years ago

Has anyone heard from Milhouse? I had his custom code for a while and really liked it.

#260 6 years ago

Hi guys.

I updated to Cleland's 160 R on my Premium and I love it! Thank you Cleland!!

However, my GF really missed the woodbury bass thumping music from KPG's 156 version, and I really missed watching her shake her ass ...
So I modified Cleland's and uploaded it to dropbox to share. I only changed out a few audio clips. I'm assuming this won't piss off Cleland or KPG. I hope you both are cool with it. If not, let me know and I will take it down no prob.
This is the LE/Premium R version.

Enjoy
Junky

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx2eum21zj3qzu5/TWD160LE_JUNKYs_CLELAND_R_mixed_with_KPG.BIN?dl=0

#261 6 years ago

I really missed the Woodbury thump also,

Thanks

#262 6 years ago

You're welcome!

#263 6 years ago

Any chance. That you can make a Pro version imagamejunky ?

#264 6 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the star rollovers since updating? Ever since I updated, the bottom of the two star rollovers doesn't seem to register (light up when rolled over) during initial plunge. If I roll the ball over it by hand during gameplay... lights up and registers fine.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Anyone else having issues with the star rollovers since updating? Ever since I updated, the bottom of the two star rollovers doesn't seem to register (light up when rolled over) during initial plunge. If I roll the ball over it by hand during gameplay... lights up and registers fine.

I had this problem since day 1 on my Prem and thought it was my switch. But saw it on a couple games on route with same behavior, so dismissed it. I can maybe light that bottom rollover about 5% of the time if I auto-plunge. If I manual plunge (at a slower ball speed) I can get it more often. It’s really much more reliable if my plunge speed is just slow enough to barely make it to the lanes. It appears that the switch needs a certain amount of time to register (code or just switch mechanics?) I was wondering if this was some type of intentional skill shot because it obviously gets much harder to time the rollovers with a slower plunged ball and still make the lanes. Curious what others have to say.

#266 6 years ago

I would say make sure you’re actually rolling over them when lit. The goal is to roll over then when they are lit to lock the light on. If it’s registering in test with slow and fast rollovers, then I’d say try a different timing on your plunges.

If not registering consistently in test, try adjusting the switch.

Don’t see how it can be code when only some experience it.

#267 6 years ago

That sounds like you probably need a very minor adjustment/cleaning in the opto switch. Maybe it doesn’t get depressed enough to make the switch if the ball goes over it really fast.

#268 6 years ago

I have the same issue with mine and have taken to plunging the ball manually for skillshot. I haven’t tried cleaning it though...

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I had problems with one of my star rollovers when I first got the game and replaced it with a new one from pinball life.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would say make sure you’re actually rolling over them when lit. The goal is to roll over then when they are lit to lock the light on. If it’s registering in test with slow and fast rollovers, then I’d say try a different timing on your plunges.
If not registering consistently in test, try adjusting the switch.
Don’t see how it can be code when only some experience it.

Come on Erik... give us more credit than that. Sounds like several have encountered it, so assuming it’s a slight variation in manufacturing and/or assembly that is making our switches less sensitive to fast balls.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Come on Erik... give us more credit than that. Sounds like several have encountered it, so assuming it’s a slight variation in manufacturing and/or assembly that is making our switches less sensitive to fast balls.

Haha. Sorry. My main point was it’s mechanical. Not code. I think the original question asked if the new code caused it. I just don’t think it’s that. Time to adjust or replace switches I’d say.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Sorry. My main point was it’s mechanical. Not code. I think the original question asked if the new code caused it. I just don’t think it’s that. Time to adjust or replace switches I’d say.

No worries man... I knew what you were getting at. No way it could be code, and I do plan on trying to adjust my switch when I find some time If I still can’t get it to be more consistent, I might even go the pinball life route as mentioned by RVH above.

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, I was thinking it was just a coincidence but wasn't 100% sure. I'll take a look at the board in there tomorrow and if adjusting it doesn't work, I'll order a new board from Pinball Life.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You know it does sound funny but he makes a good point because I was questioning this very same thing once and it ended up being nothing but my timing so it’s not as unrealistic as it may sound lol.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Any chance. That you can make a Pro version imagamejunky ?

I'll work on it

#276 6 years ago

I apologize guys but I'm confused by the discussion on the star rollovers during an initial plunge. I've always timed the plunge to roll the ball over the rollovers while they are both lit for maximum points in the skill shot. Are you guys saying that the ball rolling over the rollovers is supposed to light them if they are off during the skill shot? If that's the case then mine has never worked correctly. Mine definitely awards more points if I time it correctly so I'm assuming this is the correct behavior.
Junky

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I apologize guys but I'm confused by the discussion on the star rollovers during an initial plunge. I've always timed the plunge to roll the ball over the rollovers while they are both lit for maximum points in the skill shot. Are you guys saying that the ball rolling over the rollovers is supposed to light them if they are off during the skill shot? If that's the case then mine has never worked correctly. Mine definitely awards more points if I time it correctly so I'm assuming this is the correct behavior.
Junky

To make the full skill shot, the ball is supposed to roll over the star rollovers when they are lit up and then the ball is supposed to go into the lit lane. If you hit all three of those perfectly the zombie gets his head blown completely off and you get the maximum points. If you don’t do the shot perfectly though the zombies head will only get blown partially off and you will receive less points of course.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

To make the full skill shot, the ball is supposed to roll over the star rollovers when they are lit up and then the ball is supposed to go into the lit lane. If you hit all three of those perfectly the zombie gets his head blown completely off and you get the maximum points. If you don’t do the shot perfectly though the zombies head will only get blown partially off and you will receive less points of course.

Yes, exactly this. And as I and others are saying, sometimes the bottom rollover does not stay lit when you roll over it even though it was lit at the time. I've tested this with glass off now last night, but still haven't gotten below the playfield to adjust my switch. If I tap super quickly when the bottom rollover is lit, it still does not register. And by super quickly, I mean a full press with my finger to the wood playfield surface, but the timing is such that I press and release in milliseconds. If I press slowly or roll a ball over it slowly when lit, it stays lit and gives me credit during the skill shot. It's definitely in the sensitivity of the switch not registering and I think that's what others are describing, though I'll let them speak for themselves.

#279 6 years ago

I love the new code and I have a premium. My only complaint so far is that it seems like I'm constantly in bicycle girl because of the extra walkers.

#280 6 years ago

It looks like taking the rollover PCB out, cleaning, and reassembling fixed the issue. We'll see how long it keeps working.

And of course, when I pulled out my playfield... somehow I pulled too far and it fell into the cabinet! First time I have ever done that. Fun times. lol

#281 6 years ago

The switches need to be perfectly level with the PF, if the switch is sitting even a tiny bit above the PF, the ball will hop over the star when travelling at fast speed and won't register.

#282 6 years ago

My rollovers work perfectly everytime. You've probably got a mechanical issue with the switches not adjust correctly or possibly the shooter isn't hitting the ball square and you're getting some ball hop over them. Try putting the game in switch test and plunge the ball a bunch of times and see if you can track it down.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

The switches need to be perfectly level with the PF, if the switch is sitting even a tiny bit above the PF, the ball will hop over the star when travelling at fast speed and won't register.

@maken, THANKS so much for this tip. You were absolutely spot on. Turns out my “hand” test of the switch with glass off was meaningless, which is why many have said always test switches with actual balls. But, after examining the rollover base a bit closer it was sitting maybe a tenth of a millimeter above the playfield. It seemed perfectly level to my eye, but if I ran a fingernail over the playfield to the rollover, I could feel an ever so slight height difference. It was less than half the thickness of a business card raised. Wow, would never had noticed this if you hadn’t mentioned it.

Makes sense that this was causing ball hop as you said when I had a really quick auto plunged ball, but a slower hand plunged ball or hand rolled ball with glass off would register it with more consistency. I ended up lowering it the tiny amount and now after several games, the rollover registers 100% of the time when it’s lit. Not sure if the others experiencing this have the same problem, but would definitely check this out if so.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

maken, THANKS so much for this tip. You were absolutely spot on. Turns out my “hand” test of the switch with glass off was meaningless, which is why many have said always test switches with actual balls. But, after examining the rollover base a bit closer it was sitting maybe a tenth of a millimeter above the playfield. It seemed perfectly level to my eye, but if I ran a fingernail over the playfield to the rollover, I could feel an ever so slight height difference. It was less than half the thickness of a business card raised. Wow, would never had noticed this if you hadn’t mentioned it.
Makes sense that this was causing ball hop as you said when I had a really quick auto plunged ball, but a slower hand plunged ball or hand rolled ball with glass off would register it with more consistency. I ended up lowering it the tiny amount and now after several games, the rollover registers 100% of the time when it’s lit. Not sure if the others experiencing this have the same problem, but would definitely check this out if so.

Thanks for testing this, I'm going to have a look at it on my game soon. It's been driving me nuts!

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Thanks for testing this, I'm going to have a look at it on my game soon. It's been driving me nuts!

I’ve noticed that the more beers I drink, the less those star rollovers tend to register.

#286 6 years ago

I took the PCB off the top rollover and cleaned it as well. Both now work perfectly.

#287 6 years ago

What are the key settings after update to 1.6

I've looked and cant find this setting on TWD LE. Where is this setting ?

“speech attenuation” to around -10 to -20. Higher negative values make the speech louder over the music depending on your speaker setup.

Thanks

Gonna go look again

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim2013:

What are the key settings after update to 1.6
I've looked and cant find this setting on TWD LE. Where is this setting ?
“speech attenuation” to around -10 to -20. Higher negative values make the speech louder over the music depending on your speaker setup.
Thanks
Gonna go look again

i forget exactly where it is , but its the last one , so go backwards instead of forwards in the menu.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’ve noticed that the more beers I drink, the less those star rollovers tend to register.

I’ve noticed that the more beers I drink, the less I give a crap if they’re working right or not.

#290 6 years ago

{deleted post} Moved it to Tech Forum.

#291 6 years ago

It's likely the cliffy and has been reported multiple times.

1 week later
#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Thanks!!! I was going crazy trying to figure out why my skill shot score didn’t seem to have any correlation to when the ball rolled over the star switch. I lowered the switch level with the PF and now it works. This is a new machine and wouldn’t have expected the alignment of the switch to cause the problem.

For those that want to know how to make the adjustment, I took out the two small screws from the small circuit board and removed it. That let me screw (turn) in/out the plastic piece that the board was screwed into. It took a bit of force, but eventually was able to turn it.

BTW: as everyone knows, the update by Cleland really brings the game to life. My pre-teen son’s friends should get a kick out of the R-rated version that I installed. Not so sure their parents would agree.

#293 6 years ago

Initially wrote a whole post about my USB not being read by the machine, however, problem fixed.

I have the USB shown below which is a Lexar JumpDrive S23 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS23-128ABNL.

Found a different USB and the machine reads that one. Imagine... now we need to worry about what type of USB we use .

2018-01-10_14-41-57 (resized).png2018-01-10_14-41-57 (resized).png

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Initially wrote a whole post about my USB not being read by the machine, however, problem fixed.
I have the USB shown below which is a Lexar JumpDrive S23 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS23-128ABNL.
Found a different USB and the machine reads that one. Imagine... now we need to worry about what type of USB we use .

I tried almost 10 different USB sticks and no joy...Disti made me a new eprom, picking up this week so hopefully I can try it after I change it out....So far I'm sitting at Blown Fuses, no magnet new Board on the way from Stern, not registering the above posted skill shot ( i think I have the same issue unless its fuse related)

....and finally figured out what the crazy Screeching noise was OMG i thought I was going to pull out my hair, my Cat must have launched 10 feet in the air one nite, my dog ran over looking to me to save her and We were all looking around at the Pinballs going ok which one did that...and my Duaghter looking at me with a blank stare as I asked her what did you do?

Knocker on match play...free play huh who knew!

3 weeks later
#295 6 years ago

I have a pro with a colordmd is this code compatible?

3 weeks later
#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

I have a pro with a colordmd is this code compatible?

ColorDMD just came out the other day with updated code to match TWD 1.60.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

ColorDMD just came out the other day with updated code to match TWD 1.60.

Thanks very much.

2 months later
#299 5 years ago

Why does this crap always happen to me? This is exactly why I waited 2 years to update my game code.

Install 1.60 per sterns instructions, power cycle.... oh great now my game doesnt work in this countrybabd I need to contact my distributor. WHAT THE FUCK? 2am, really pissed and about to shove this pos out of a moving truck.

Edit: Think I may have installed pro on my le.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Why does this crap always happen to me? This is exactly why I waited 2 years to update my game code.
Install 1.60 per sterns instructions, power cycle.... oh great now my game doesnt work in this countrybabd I need to contact my distributor. WHAT THE FUCK? 2am, really pissed and about to shove this pos out of a moving truck.

Happens all the time. Just power cycle and reinstall code if needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.