View topic image gallery

2018-01-10_14-41-57 (resized).png
IMG_4218 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171210_203747829 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

One bonus of doing a comic art PROmium -- they wouldn't have to re-do the DMD work because it's cartoony anyway, heh!

yup, always thought it was odd how the DMD animations were in a totally different style than the rest of the game.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good call. I think 99.9% were pleasantly surprised by this.

I missed an emoji in that post but it's now added. So awesome to have updated code.

Has anyone confirmed yet the bug where the woodbury insert never lights on the LE/Prem is fixed?

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I missed an emoji in that post but it's now added. So awesome to have updated code.

Has anyone confirmed yet the bug where the woodbury insert never lights on the LE/Prem is fixed?

It was lit up for me last night when I streamed the new code.

YouTube link here. First 30 minutes is waiting for the code to update and talking about he readme. Then we play a 10 bal game and hit pretty much everything.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So that's what you look like. And all this time I thought you looked remarkably like Chevy Chase!

#105 6 years ago

Wow, you are awesome for doing this video. Thanks so much!!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

YouTube link here. First 30 minutes is waiting for the code to update and talking about he readme. Then we play a 10 bal game and hit pretty much everything.
» YouTube video

#106 6 years ago

Well, I'm sorry to say I'm screwed and didn't keep my older code macros, so I have to go back in and replace line by line again
This will take me the weekend, but hey maybe I can make some improvements along the way.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, I'm sorry to say I'm screwed and didn't keep my older code macros, so I have to go back in and replace line by line again
This will take me the weekend, but hey maybe I can make some improvements along the way.

We really appreciate all the hard work you put into this, cleland! It truly makes the game 1000x better!

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, thank you for the time you put into this! Your sound replacement really made TWD that much more enjoyable over the stock version! Much appreciated from all of us TWD fans and owners!

#109 6 years ago

Cleland, I'd like to thank you for your efforts with some free mods. Check your pm.

#110 6 years ago

On the bright side, it gives you a good excuse to throw in some Negan quotes!

#111 6 years ago

I thought there was a good mix of Negan quotes in the 1.56 version!

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes there is already a good mix of Negan quotes in the 1.56 version, however more Negan sounds like a good thing.

Gord

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I must be running an older version, because I didn't think there was any Negan in mine.

#114 6 years ago

Does clelands stuff take out any of the original callouts specifically the ones that are integrated into game play like when prision is lit well is lit B.B., the tower, etc?

#115 6 years ago

seems to give more credence to the rumors of TWD vault happening. It would make sense that these kind of roll up changes would finally get QA time if they were priming another release.

#116 6 years ago

One man's request... please not a lot of Negan...I get it, ppl like the character, but he doesn't align with the game/rules as it was released preceding him.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does clelands stuff take out any of the original callouts specifically the ones that are integrated into game play like when prision is lit well is lit B.B., the tower, etc?

There are many that he kept in such as "Bicycle girl is lit," "Well walker multiball" and "Extra ball," all done in the redneck voice of course. There are others as well, plus their original soundtracks for modes and whatnot. It's an excellent mix of game specific callouts, plus show dialogue and the awesome shooter dubstep mix.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

One man's request... please not a lot of Negan...I get it, ppl like the character, but he doesn't align with the game/rules as it was released preceding him.

Just don't get rid of the "Doesn't that just tickle my balls!" Negan callout when you get a good bonus! That's my favorite!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There are many that he kept in such as "Bicycle girl is lit," "Well walker multiball" and "Extra ball," all done in the redneck voice of course. There are others as well, plus their original soundtracks for modes and whatnot. It's an excellent mix of game specific callouts, plus show dialogue and the awesome shooter dubstep mix.

Awesome. Thanks!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty well balanced between old and new. If you're going to upgrade get the cleland callouts/randomkg music remix. Takes the game to the next level (I know, how is that possible?)

#121 6 years ago

For sure. I'm holding off on updating until the Cleland code comes out myself...I'm having plenty of fun on 1.56

#122 6 years ago

This is great news and Cleland, you are awesome man that’s all I can say!! Hats off to Stern also for making an already great game even better. I have a feeling there is going to be a mad rush on TWD games since this latest code update.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is great news and Cleland, you are awesome man that’s all I can say!! Hats off to Stern also for making an already great game even better. I have a feeling there is going to be a mad rush on TWD games since this latest code update.

Stern? Just something about it all tells me they didnt have a lot to do with this its hats off to Lyman and everyone who helped him bug hunt like mad (possibly Elwin and company) if I was a betting man this update was probably done off the clock, as it came out of nowhere and judging by Sterns facebook they weren't prepared for the GB and KISS fan backlash. TWD is practically perfect, didn't think TWD could be made any better but Lyman and co come out with this and prove a game is never done under his watch!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern? Just something about it all tells me they didnt have a lot to do with this its hats off to Lyman and everyone who helped him bug hunt like mad (possibly Elwin and company) if I was a betting man this update was probably done off the clock, as it came out of nowhere and judging by Sterns facebook they weren't prepared for the GB and KISS fan backlash. TWD is practically perfect, didn't think TWD could be made any better but Lyman and co come out with this and prove a game is never done under his watch!

Yup. My bet is that the Christmas Batman '66 code will be the final one in Stern's eyes, as Lyman officially goes off to Elvira. At home, he will continue to tweak Batman '66, and a year or two from now Lyman will drop it on a somehow still surprised pinball community.

#125 6 years ago

Thanks Cleland!

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yup. My bet is that the Christmas Batman '66 code will be the final one in Stern's eyes, as Lyman officially goes off to Elvira. At home, he will continue to tweak Batman '66, and a year or two from now Lyman will drop it on a somehow still surprised pinball community.

I believe there will be a couple more official updates post xmas for BM66, but I agree he has probably been working on BM66 on the clock and TWD off the clock, come xmas it will probably be Elvira switch up to Elvira on the clock and BM66 off, he shouldn't have to do that but I appreciate him for doing it.

The guy is invaluable to Stern and us a community, I am very thankful to have him working on the code for games I own, then again I brought them because he was coding

#127 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#128 6 years ago

What a great idea for next year's mugs.

LTG : )

#129 6 years ago

I thought of you, Lloyd!

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I thought of you, Lloyd!

You've been to my seminar. Awesome !

LTG : )

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

seems to give more credence to the rumors of TWD vault happening.

Agreed. We need to start looking for a Star Trek update in that case.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who knows who cares, I’m just glad it happened.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I care and so should Stern by taking care of there customers and not have Mr Sheats working from home making a game even greater.

#134 6 years ago

Lyman needs to go freelance. Just hire game designers and artists as needed to implement his ideas, then outsource production to whoever. He would have a cult following of customers who would buy every game. Brand the games under his own name.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have updated our LE to V1.6 and no issues with the color DMD. Works just like always.. Awesome!

Goes to show you that these can get color before updates and be fine. Thats a common excuse for why games are not colorized.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Neither does Nine Inch Nails or Radiohead, but I am not complaining about that.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Great attitude to have towards Lyman and the team that have busted their asses to bring us this update, most of it probably being done in his own time. I for one care and want the right people to get the credit they deserve and know their hard work is truly appreciated by us.

#138 6 years ago

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find versions 1.56 Code for a pro? Does stern have a location for back code? I have some time to kill so I'm thinking of trying 1.56 with Cleland (never tried it before) vs running 1.6. I updated to 1.6 yesterday and realize I'm not sure how to back level the machine. Does the Cleland Bin find contain all files/binaries needed to run at 1.56 with updates? Thanks in Advance.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find versions 1.56 Code for a pro? Does stern have a location for back code? I have some time to kill so I'm thinking of trying 1.56 with Cleland (never tried it before) vs running 1.6. I updated to 1.6 yesterday and realize I'm not sure how to back level the machine. Does the Cleland Bin find contain all files/binaries needed to run at 1.56 with updates? Thanks in Advance.

Here is a link to my last build for the Pro version (1.56). It's load and go, just copy to a Flash Drive and load on your game.
I'm hard at work with 1.60 and should be done this weekend.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoqkr3yel6u0ppl/TWD156_CLELAND_7.BIN?dl=0

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here is a link to my last build for the Pro version (1.56). It's load and go, just copy to a Flash Drive and load on your game.
I'm hard at work with 1.60 and should be done this weekend.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoqkr3yel6u0ppl/TWD156_CLELAND_7.BIN?dl=0

Thanks!!! I appreciate Stern for the polish and Cleland I'm looking forward to your work!! I'm new but can tell your passion for this community! I'm going to play with it now.

#141 6 years ago

Thanks! This is the "GOOD SIDE" of Pinside. I love the positivity and love for Pinball, the bickering not so much...which is why I kinda stay dormant at times.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought you looked remarkably like Chevy Chase!

Yeah! Me too! You looked like a modern mad scientist, surrounded by all that gadgetry.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been wanting to try the new callouts, but always held off because I really like the stock music, and it seemed that every TWD sound mod I'd find had different music along with the new callouts. Would it be possible to get a modded version with all of the voice/sound changes, but that keeps all the stock Stern music? Would really love to run that version..! TIA.. if not possible it's no biggie, I could always try swapping it back, but don't want any quality degradation..

#144 6 years ago

I really just need to take the plunge and buy this machine. I played on location today and had a blast. The machine was loaded with Clelands audio clips and it truly makes a huge difference

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I've been wanting to try the new callouts, but always held off because I really like the stock music, and it seemed that every TWD sound mod I'd find had different music along with the new callouts. Would it be possible to get a modded version with all of the voice/sound changes, but that keeps all the stock Stern music? Would really love to run that version..! TIA.. if not possible it's no biggie, I could always try swapping it back, but don't want any quality degradation..

With the exception of the shooter groove music, cleland's code maintains all the factory music.

#146 6 years ago

The macro factory is open ! For anyone who runs my codes, please PM for links to the new 1.60 versions.

It will be a couple of hours for uploading but i have versions for:

TWDLE:

Tool version with show voices (a mix of my own and millhouse version) READY NOW!
Slayvis and ButtDead - Slayer music and Beavis and Butthead - custom callouts and original relevant callouts kept READY NOW!
Slayer Music replacement and hillbilly central voices - cannibal corpse blood bath READY SOON!

PRO: STILL CREATING

Tool version with show voices (a mix of my own and millhouse version)
Slayvis and ButtDead - Slayer music and Beavis and Butthead - custom callouts and original relevant callouts kept
Slayer Music replacement and hillbilly central voices - cannibal corpse blood bath

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With the exception of the shooter groove music, cleland's code maintains all the factory music.

Ahh nice, I'll grab that once it's updated. Thx for info.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great attitude to have towards Lyman and the team that have busted their asses to bring us this update, most of it probably being done in his own time. I for one care and want the right people to get the credit they deserve and know their hard work is truly appreciated by us.

Did I say anything bad about Lyman? I must have missed that part if I did. I think he is the best coder in all of pinball so what’s your problem? PM me if you have a problem with me and we will discuss it there instead of derailing this thread like you are trying to do, because it sure seems like you do.

#149 6 years ago

Thanks again for all your hard work Cleland! TONS of people really appreciate it whether they say it or not! I have personally loaded it on like 5-10 games.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find versions 1.56 Code for a pro?

I have a copy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/3?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.