View topic image gallery

2018-01-10_14-41-57 (resized).png
IMG_4218 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171210_203747829 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Paging randomkg for music??

I just sent him a message to let him know the people need him

#52 6 years ago

Wow! I’m shocked, thought this game was done. Txs Lyman!!!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You should be a paid employee of Stern. Did you buy the game JUST to change the audio!??!! LOL

You're right, I should since I have to fix their audio mistakes (I'd relocate to Chicago Stern if you're listening). Game shoots great and is a blast for me, I'll make the call outs better and it's a winner IMO.

#54 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You're right, I should since I have to fix their audio mistakes. Game shoots great and is a blast for me, I'll make the call outs better and it's a winner IMO.

Man you’re going to make me buy one if you get the audio down and the code gets a little more interesting. I think that’s a good thing sinc ethe kiddo and wife love GOTG movies.

Thanks for work on TWD. So much more enjoyable with yours (or others) changed sounds.

#56 6 years ago

Is there a reason you used a KISS meme to make a point about Stern code?

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Man you’re going to make me buy one if you get the audio down and the code gets a little more interesting. I think that’s a good thing sinc ethe kiddo and wife love GOTG movies.
Thanks for work on TWD. So much more enjoyable with yours (or others) changed sounds.

Thanks, it's going to be "Pee Pee Pants City" when I'm done

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there a reason you used a KISS meme to make a point about Stern code?

Just having a little fun. I'm actually pretty amazed and surprised at the polish. TWD is a great game. So is KISS for that matter

Ken

#59 6 years ago

was this anticipated? Seems like out of left field no?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Prior to updating the game code is there a way to back up high scores

Write them down on a piece of paper.
You're welcome!!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Holy shit! This is why Lyman is god!

How do you know Lyman did it?

#62 6 years ago

I’ll be adding my NIN/RH mix on top of Cleland callouts once he’s done. I will then PM every single person that I ever shared my mix with.

This is not a surprise, not out of left field. Lyman.

Increased walker kills and Horde escape are the biggies here. Game is even more of a standout now. This is a good day for pinball.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you know Lyman did it?

It was either Lyman or Mary poppins. And hell yea mary poppins is cool, just not as cool as Lyman

#64 6 years ago

Thanks for the setup!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#65 6 years ago

This is great news.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It was either Lyman or Mary poppins. And hell yea mary poppins is cool, just not as cool as Lyman

I think it was Elwin.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quoted from spandol:
You can exit horde now. Lyman had everything to do with this. He does this on his own time away from work.
Yeah a similar thing was added to BM66 in its most recent update, allowing you to continue or escape in Villain Mode Cliffhangers.
It plays out great on BM66 and is going to add a nice extra layer and finish off Horde to perfection.
I just wonder if BM66 was the original inspiration for the idea or if TWD inspired the idea in BM66?

I think it was probly started in the crank it up modes for Metallica

#68 6 years ago

Looking forward to the cleland code! I'm not sure I'll be able to explore a lot of the changes to Horde, LMS, or Seige, but the base scoring for some of the modes changed. Hopefully the prison magnet is a little more fling-y and not so SDT-middle-y.

#69 6 years ago

Holy fuuuuuuuq the Horde insert is gonna work lol

Sweet!

#70 6 years ago

So good.

Arena is going to be worth playing again.
Sounds like Prison MB and the goal of a 3x value Siege is going to make actually playing Prison for Prison JP's worth it again.
The Competition setting where every drops completion lights a mode is also a nice touch that I had heard was in the works.
I wonder how much the Horde Exit bonus is going to score?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I wonder how much the Horde Exit bonus is going to score?

Good question. I drained out of it tonight with the exit lit, so not sure.

#72 6 years ago

A State of the Stern sneak attack!
Niiice. This game just keeps getting better.

#74 6 years ago

This reminds me of the final code update we got for Tron. Nobody was expecting it, and it made an already awesome game even better. Long live Lyman!!!

#75 6 years ago

To all the pricks who told me TWD doesn’t reset during Horde....

“Fixed a bug in the HORDE mode which would cause the game to reset when
the last walker was killed to advance to the next level”

Like 30 of you guys owe me a beer or a KitKat or some shit

Thanks Stern. Thanks Lyman. Thanks Pinside.

Jeeeahhhhhh boyeeeeeeee FLAVA FLAAAAV

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

To all the pricks who told me TWD doesn’t rest during Horde....
“Fixed a bug in the HORDE mode which would cause the game to reset when
the last walker was killed to advance to the next level”
Like 30 of you guys owe me a beer or a KitKat or some shit
Thanks Stern. Thanks Lyman. Thanks Pinside.
Jeeeahhhhhh boyeeeeeeee FLAVA FLAAAAV

Pipe down. Nobody believes you've ever made it to Horde.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

FYI This is probably going to be a headache for colordmd as there will be a few new/changed screens to color and everything will have to be retested. The new code will still work fine with the colordmd but you'll see some uncolored screens. We'll see how much is new when someone loads it. Have patience if this has to be updated.

Most things color fine in the update. Horde is the big change display wise, but it shouldn’t be TOO long before an update.

#78 6 years ago

" - If the player scored an 8X, 11X, 18X, or 80X-89X multiplier for the
X champion, the prefix (A) was wrong. This has been corrected."

This level of attention to detail in fixing grammatical nuances is jaw-dropping. Love it!

#79 6 years ago

I didn't see any mention of the bug being fixed when you can't earn extra balls when in multi ball. If the lamp is lit during multi ball and you hit the shot, it just auto plunges back out without giving you the extra ball award.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’ll be adding my NIN/RH mix on top of Cleland callouts once he’s done. I will then PM every single person that I ever shared my mix with.
This is not a surprise, not out of left field. Lyman.
Increased walker kills and Horde escape are the biggies here. Game is even more of a standout now. This is a good day for pinball.

This is awesome cant wait to hear from you. Wont update until i have your guys's mix. Not the same game without it! Thanks for this

#81 6 years ago

Thanks LFS and Stern
Hope they will do a small update for met, with some Bugfixes and improvements.

#82 6 years ago

I remember recently saying TWD needed an update sometime soon.... some people had no problem posting TWD was done and updates weren't going to happen .....

TWD code is done. You won't see any more updates for it. Be hopeful they update the last 5 games before moving on like they said they will.

Quoted from T-800:

That may very well be, but my guess is it's DONE according to STERN/Lyman...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You're nuts if you think this gets another update. Haha

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has already told us. Keep dreaming.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

didn't see any mention of the bug being fixed when you can't earn extra balls when in multi ball. If the lamp is lit during multi ball and you hit the shot, it just auto plunges back out without giving you the extra ball award.

This isn't a bug, and you can collect the EB during multiball. You cannot collect the EB when it is auto launching the balls at the start of MB. If the switch was active for that period, then the EB would collect just from the balls auto launching.
Once the shoot again insert quits flashing to indicate the ball save period is over, the EB can be collected.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

cleland/randomkg revisions are that good that I'm hesitant to update to 1.6 because it will be a net downgrade.

Yep I love my randomkg version of 1.52 so much I cant upgrade. Randomkg helpppppppp!

#85 6 years ago

Don't worry, be happy, buy a Lyman game

#86 6 years ago

FYI This is probably going to be a headache for colordmd as there will be a few new/changed screens to color and everything will have to be retested. The new code will still work fine with the colordmd but you'll see some uncolored screens. We'll see how much is new when someone loads it. Have patience if this has to be updated.

We have updated our LE to V1.6 and no issues with the color DMD. Works just like always.. Awesome!

#87 6 years ago

Lyman needs some sort of award for all of this!

#88 6 years ago

Lyman 'sheats' over the programmers imho!

#89 6 years ago

Played a lot on this code and it's great. (Who said a while ago I was 'nuts' believing another update would be released )

Especially this:
increased arena mode scoring (double playfield, ramp, ramp, multiplied ramp and boom goes your score)
increased tunnel scoring
Horde Escape: the most import one and the solution for not being blocked on this mode and resulting in a drained ball /advance to next ball. Especially the double playfield that works on the horde escape bonus is a thing to shoot for!
Horde more walkers lit
Normal gameplay minimum 4 walkers lit instead of 3 gets last man standing more within reach
Progress of Siege qualification during prison multiball
And of course the terminus scoring:
hurry up 1 : 20% of the last (5th) mode played
hurry up 2: 20% of the 5th mode played + 20% of the 4th mode played
hurry up 3: 20% of 5th + 20% of 4th + 20% of 3rd
hurry up 4:...

So for good terminus scoring, play a really good 5th mode and you can cash in big as it counts in every shot in terminus!

'DAV' (walker champ)

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I remember recently saying TWD needed an update sometime soon.... some people had no problem posting TWD was done and updates weren't going to happen.....

Good call. I think 99.9% were pleasantly surprised by this.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I didn't see any mention of the bug being fixed when you can't earn extra balls when in multi ball. If the lamp is lit during multi ball and you hit the shot, it just auto plunges back out without giving you the extra ball award.

Not much you can do here. If this is fixed, then you’ll get an extra ball as soon as the first ball is plunged for multiball. That switch has to be ignored for some period of time during multiball so auto plunged balls aren’t getting you the award.

GOT had a similar issue with the right orbit not registering. Dwight reduced the time that the switch is ignored, but I don’t think there’s a perfect way to handle that situation.

#92 6 years ago

Wow, this is fantastic!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Most things color fine in the update. Horde is the big change display wise, but it shouldn’t be TOO long before an update.

Massive thank you, Eric. You are a massive boon to our hobby.

#94 6 years ago

now all they need is the vault pro with walker bomb and improved art package

I will then likely buy my first NIB stern for myself...

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

now all they need is the vault pro with walker bomb and improved art package

They can’t undercut their market like that. Walker bombs was a feature that was made to get people to step up to the next level of the game (Pro -> Prem/LE). If they add exclusive features like that to lower models, people won’t pay the extra for the next model, because they will expect them to eventually be delivered to the lower model.

Kind of like when they do a Tron VE. There is a minor possibility they could add ramp lights because that is a feature people can add and looks so much better (Eli’s kit). However they won’t add Daft Punk multiball because it is a differentiation of the LE.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Kind of like when they do a Tron VE. There is a minor possibility they could add ramp lights because that is a feature people can add and looks so much better (Eli’s kit). However they won’t add Daft Punk multiball because it is a differentiation of the LE.

Won't is not a word in Stern's vocabulary, I wouldn't assume anything. The bottom line for them is $$

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They can’t undercut their market like that.

You are kidding yourself if you think they care or it actually matters one bit. They are focused on future dollars and nobody that has a prem/le is going to have any impact if a vault gets something that is a component of the current Prem but not the current pro, or an entirely new feature all together.

They have shown time and time again that they will do what sells.

Pretty simple that a Pro with new artwork, walker bomb, and a spinner would sell like hot cakes.

IMve, Luci, and SMve have shown clearly how they function and think (honestly from a business stand point they would be silly not to do this.)

Adding a select few features for a vault is not the same thing as making more LEs...

#98 6 years ago

I think a new Pro with comic art, better call outs and the walker bomb button at a price point between pro and premium would sell like hot cakes. It's the best Stern game ever produced.

#99 6 years ago

Damn I want my TWD back

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think a new Pro with comic art, better call outs and the walker bomb button at a price point between pro and premium would sell like hot cakes.

One bonus of doing a comic art PROmium -- they wouldn't have to re-do the DMD work because it's cartoony anyway, heh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 16.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/2?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.