Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robotron911
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-985.jpg
IMG_6300.jpeg
image-310.jpg
image-669.jpg
image-221.jpg
image-269.jpg
image-793.jpg
Screenshot_2014-08-26-19-46-48.png
image.jpg
image-441.jpg
image.jpg

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Stern just posted a Great Facebook picture !!!!
image.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Yes this picture is all over the other two threads on this topic as well.

#3 5 years ago

Thats not confirmed... thats Jody messing around on Stern facebook to see how many posts he can get on pinside.

#4 5 years ago

Fourth thread about TWD! REMAIN CALM PEOPLE! Who will think of the children!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Fourth thread about TWD! REMAIN CALM PEOPLE! Who will think of the children!

BWAHAHAHAHA! SWEET SWEET UNDEAD CHAOS! PINSIDE IS MINE NOW!

image-441.jpg

#6 5 years ago

image.jpg now stern is updating his stern website too.. Were close to see the announcement soon,. Perfect in time before pinball expo chicago too

#7 5 years ago

Now the $10,000.00 question
How much?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

How much?

Not $10,000.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

How much?

No. Real question is who's the programmer working with Borg?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

How much?

$10,000

#11 5 years ago

The programmer .... That is the real question?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

The programmer .... That is the real question?

So shall it be spoken, so shall it be asked!

#13 5 years ago

This was on facebook earlier today. At least they got it posted to Sterns facebook page in the same day this time.
Marketing is getting better.

Sorry if this is posted in one of the other multiple threads. But now you dont have to go there and see exactly the same pic and no other new info anyway.

All speculation and hearsay until stern throws another bone.

Hope we get to see layout soon.

Screenshot_2014-08-26-19-46-48.png

#14 5 years ago

Blech! There are so many other titles that I would prefer to see over a cult cable TV show. But, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who feel the opposite of me.

#15 5 years ago

AC/DC is currently the most expensive Premium at $7695 MSRP. I wonder if that is going to be the MSRP for this one?
I really have no idea why Luci is $200 less than the original premium now.

Weren't they all $7095 MSRP just a month or two ago?

#16 5 years ago

This was on Sterns website, hidden at the bottom of the archives section.
// Error: Image 279286 not found //

image-793.jpg image-269.jpg
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

a cult cable TV show

It's a little bigger than that.

#18 5 years ago

Not much. Step away from the Kool Aid. It's ratings are the essentially the same as NCIS:Los Angeles. And TV ratings in general have been in the tank for years. But as I said, to each his own. I mean they made a CSI pin, that is a shitty theme right there.

The truly sad thing is that there is no creativity from Stern. It's, "Let's see what TV show/Movie/Rock Band" we can use as a theme. Nothing original. Why is BBB, MM, MB and others so fun? Because they are unique. (old man now stepping of soap box. Now, get off my yard, you pesky kids!)

Quoted from yancy:

It's a little bigger than that.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Not much. Step away from the Kool Aid. It's ratings are the essentially the same as NCIS:Los Angeles. And TV ratings in general have been in the tank for years. But as I said, to each his own. I mean they made a CSI pin, that is a shitty theme right there.
The truly sad thing is that there is no creativity from Stern. It's, "Let's see what TV show/Movie/Rock Band" we can use as a theme. Nothing original. Why is BBB, MM, MB and others so fun? Because they are unique. (old man now stepping of soap box. Now, get off my yard, you pesky kids!)

It's also on Basic Cable and not on one of the Big 3 (or 4 depending on how you think of Fox). Getting ratings that good while in far fewer homes makes it more than just a "cult hit".
The season finale, also topped 15 million viewers, has any episode of NCIS: LA ever done that?

#20 5 years ago

Gunna need a lot of this...!!!.......Joeyimage-221.jpg

#21 5 years ago

I've never seen an episode, but here's what I found online.

The series has been well received[12][13] and has been nominated for many awards, including the Writers Guild of America Award[14] and the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama.[15] The series has also attained strong Nielsen ratings, surpassing various records for a cable series, including viewership of 16.1 million for its season four premiere, making it the most-watched drama series telecast in basic cable history.[16]

#22 5 years ago

Can't wait to see how this pin gets completely eviscerated before one pinhead puts a minute on the game. First will be the theme....wait, happened already. Next will be the perceived build quality. Initiate in 3, 2, 1 ....

#23 5 years ago

As I said, to each his own. I've seen several episodes and I just don't get the love. I mean the zombies can only move at a slow walk and are pretty much batting practice with any good blunt instrument. Not a lot of danger there, but of course people fall and twist an ankle (my God, that's never been done) or a small child wanders into danger (reeks of newly created dramatic twists) and the zombies are on it.

TV is SO BAD that people lap this show up because they think it is good. It's just like the people that eat steak at Ponderosa and think its good. They've never had a good steak to compare it to.

Sniff, sniff. Is that smoke? It must be the smell of torches as the villagers are coming to burn me at the stake for not liking this show or pin!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

As I said, to each his own. I've seen several episodes and I just don't get the love. I mean the zombies can only move at a slow walk and are pretty much batting practice with any good blunt instrument. Not a lot of danger there, but of course people fall and twist an ankle (my God, that's never been done) or a small child wanders into danger (reeks of newly created dramatic twists) and the zombies are on it.
TV is SO BAD that people lap this show up because they think it is good. It's just like the people that eat steak at Ponderosa and think its good. They've never had a good steak to compare it to.
Sniff, sniff. Is that smoke? It must be the smell of torches as the villagers are coming to burn me at the stake for not liking this show or pin!

Actually, cable TV is where all the good, innovative stuff is these days. The cinema's been much more formulaic.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

If I had a rubber hose I would beat.........

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I mean the zombies can only move at a slow walk and are pretty much batting practice with any good blunt instrument

"TWD is not about the dead, but about the living"
It is **not** a zombie show!
Your true enemies are not these clumsy walkers, but the other survivors...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It's ratings are the essentially the same as NCIS:Los Angeles.

The difference is, a bunch of old people watch NCIS:LA and forget about it the second the show ends. I went to Comic Con for the first time last weekend. A handful of TWD cast members were there signing autographs. Thousands of people waited in line for hours to pay for an autograph. That's one day of Comic Con in one city. NCIS has viewers; TWD has rabid fans.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Exactly!

#29 5 years ago

It also now has a comic series and video game..

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The difference is, a bunch of old people watch NCIS:LA and forget about it the second the show ends. I went to Comic Con for the first time last weekend. A handful of TWD cast members were there signing autographs. Thousands of people waited in line for hours to pay for an autograph. That's one day of Comic Con in one city. NCIS has viewers; TWD has rabid fans.

But tha bunch of old people are the ones who were playing pinball back in the day too.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

They were made in the 90's when arcades were relevant. It's 2014 and buyers want themes that resonate with them. Cool/nostalgia sells. Buy Full Throttle & America's Most Haunted. You have choices now.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It must be the smell of torches as the villagers are coming to burn me at the stake for not liking this show or pin!

I don't like the show either, but what do you hope to gain by shitting all over it? People like the show, that is a fact. People are excited for the pin, that is a fact. Let them have fun.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It also now has a comic series and video game..

The comic series is a lot older than the show is. I started with the comics and just can't get into the show.

I'm excited to see what the layout looks like. Not sure where I'm going to play it, but there are a few options in the state where one might pop up.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The comic series is a lot older than the show is. I started with the comics and just can't get into the show.
I'm excited to see what the layout looks like. Not sure where I'm going to play it, but there are a few options in the state where one might pop up.

Ah, then there is a reboot of the comic....or they've kept it going and the new ones are back at being popular.

#35 5 years ago

Meh...Glad people are getting what they want. This particular TV show theme does nothing for me though. White Zombie game could have been epic ....wicked cartoon art like metallica and great music to draw from too.
BUT again not hating ..... just not my bag.....still glad people are getting their walking dead..just does nothing for me.. like 24 or csi etc
Variety is the spice of life though so who knows maybe it will be awesome to play ........hard to say since we have seen nothing. lol Always fun to think about what it will be like though...Hope it is good and a success for Stern so we can get more new games.

#36 5 years ago

Please this is enough of a zombie theme for me, I don't want a White Zombie or Rob Zombie pin to come out, because I'd just have to buy that too especially if they did anything like Aurich posted in his open letter thread. Please Stern don't take all my money! Make a Kiss pinball next for the 3 people who want it, so I can keep 8k in my pocket.

#37 5 years ago

never understood the rob zombie thing...i mean, c'mon, really?

#38 5 years ago

PLEASE STERN TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!

image-669.jpg

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

khhm, khhm...Romero.... *dawn of the dead*, *day of the dead*

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

You don't like the pin? What do you not like about it besides the theme?

#41 5 years ago

Why do people feel the need to share with everybody when they DON'T like a theme?

Why would any of us care ????

#42 5 years ago

Might as well be. People are dumb enough to line up for it anyway.

#43 5 years ago

I guess this means that for the 5th straight time, KISS is the next Stern pinball!

Can't wait.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why do people feel the need to share with everybody when they DON'T like a theme?

post count?

#45 5 years ago

A while back someone has a picture of Borg in front of a white wood which has been ready for a while. Supposed to be twd. Anyone still have the glimmer of the play field?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

A while back someone has a picture of Borg in front of a white wood which has been ready for a while. Supposed to be twd. Anyone still have the glimmer of the play field?

oooo I would LOVE to see that. New games are always cool regardless if anyone likes the theme or not. The speculation....the hoping , the waiting, the conversations........All a part of the fun!! Theme alone will not make or break this game....big themed games have fallen flat as the game SUCKED .
Some of the best games are generic 'non licensed themes' .
One thing is for sure...time will tell.

#47 5 years ago

I rember something about a building like mm and drop targets like cc

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I rember something about a building like mm and drop targets like cc

First I've heard of a whitewood...wouldn't this have been picked up like crazy on the forums?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's all most people did after Mustang was announced.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nobody cares about what I say in real life, so I want to continue that on the Internet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kittery, ME
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside