(Topic ID: 164776)

HELL AWAITS...!

By AlexSMendes

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    14370170_1225414940854821_8054194458495658518_n (resized).jpg
    20150729_171117 (resized).jpg
    2009_esp_kh-2_ouija_custom_shop_black_electric_guitar_90174-7_1_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160821_191426.jpg
    snakebyte_case2_small_(resized).jpg
    slayer-abyss-BL_(resized).jpg
    ESP_LTD_Slayer_Reign_in_Blood_SLR067_1_(resized).jpg
    13770322_10154261362700390_2334129569267686442_n_(resized).jpg
    1000x1000_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).PNG
    eHNkNXNqMTI=_o_the-exorcist-1973-part-1_(resized).jpg
    setlist-image-v1_(resized).png
    setlist_(resized).png
    CAM01958.jpg
    23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Steve Ritchie would have to be the designer.
    Otherwise the game would not be fast enough to keep up with the music.

Maybe it's time to bring back the accelerator.

#52 7 years ago

Slayer is about the only concert I felt I could have died at. The mosh pit was behind the seats on a sloping hill at the Pacific Amphitheatre on the Clash of the Titans tour in 1991 when the fat dude in front of me fell and I got pinned below the seat backs as about 30 more dudes fell on top of me. I was getting crushed but somehow squeezed out of there.

Setlist-

Hell Awaits
    The Antichrist
    War Ensemble
    South of Heaven
    Raining Blood
    Altar of Sacrifice
    Jesus Saves
    Dead Skin Mask
    Seasons in the Abyss
    Mandatory Suicide
    Angel of Death

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

My boys Demiricous opened up for DWP. I left after Demiricous.

Did you ever get your hat?

ca3cd3b15c2d9143f693626d29130e94abc8da1a_(resized).jpgca3cd3b15c2d9143f693626d29130e94abc8da1a_(resized).jpg

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's OK to skip the games that are not your cup of tea, no need to apologize.

I've been doing a lot of that lately. And I'm not sorry.

#127 7 years ago

I wonder if Stryper and Creed will end up in the same hell.

#133 7 years ago

Clash of The Titans was a great show. Alice in Chains seemed a little boring when followed by Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer. But they played a short enough set so they could get on with the heavy rockers. I must have seen Antrax 10 times back in the day and they always put on a great show.

Biggest mosh I ever saw was at the last Raiders Rams game before both teams split.

Exodus, Suicidal, and Pantera together was another great triple bill, with the whole building caught in a mosh.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Way to go OD. Now Hazoff has to take another bath.

The only band I despise as much as Creed is Stone Temple Idiots.

#311 7 years ago

AJFA was Metallica's transition album from one of the best metal bands to now we're just in it for the money. It was a hard album to listen to because of the production quality but had songs that were great when performed live. And that's all I know about that.

#322 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

it is their least played album on the radio (not commercial)

Funny, I didn't see them playing Whiplash when they went onto the Grammys in 1989.

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

AJfA kicks ass!!!!!

I guess it's all relative to what you are used to.

#329 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Why are you guys still talking about all these bands that aren't Slayer?

Because they are all friends.

#330 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The dove biting was in all the papers, and Blizzard of Oz started climbing the charts.
    It was an excellent PR move!

Vid, just curious was this real?

#332 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you taste it, and it takes like salted rusty nails - it's real.

Good to know. I figured since the pic was in black and white it could have been chocolate syrup like they used to use in the movies.

#337 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You saw the Slayer banner with Stern Pinball on it. Why would they do that?

That's called running the idea up a flagpole to see who salutes it. If enough $$$$ is waved around anything is possible. Hell, they did Ghostbusters didn't they? Back in the 90s even that theme wouldn't have flew.

#344 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Blizzard of Oz climbed the charts for one reason - Randy Rhoads.

Funny, Quiot Riot didn't take off until after he left. I thought he was pretty good when I saw him play with them.

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Early QR is a joke compared to the juggernaut of Blizzard of Oz.

Did you go see an early QR show with Randy Rhoads? I did. They blew away all the other bands that played that day. And to me Black Sabbath was a juggernaut.

Like I said earlier, it's all relative to what you are used to.

#350 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

We agree on one thing, it's all relative.

I guess so. By the time Blizzard came out I had already seen so many great acts including Black Sabbath and had already seen Randy Rhoads in his prime so to me it wasn't that special.

#353 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

You are lucky - I didn't see him until he was all washed up at 23 years old in 1980. You need to re-listen to Diary of a Madman if you think early QR was him in his prime.....

I've listened to it all. It all has to do with what and when you started listening to this kind of music. QR played at our high school battle of the bands and won soundly. I saw the young guitar wizard that day. Nothing like they ever laid down on vinyl.

But at the same time I had also recently seen what Tony Iommi, Michael Schenker, and also a young KK Downing and Glenn Tipton were capable of laying down while on stage. So again, it's all relative.

#354 7 years ago

A Priest cover.

#355 7 years ago

Hard to top the original.

#362 7 years ago

23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wait-is-over-now-only-hell-awaits?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.