(Topic ID: 164776)

HELL AWAITS...!

By AlexSMendes

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    14370170_1225414940854821_8054194458495658518_n (resized).jpg
    20150729_171117 (resized).jpg
    2009_esp_kh-2_ouija_custom_shop_black_electric_guitar_90174-7_1_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160821_191426.jpg
    snakebyte_case2_small_(resized).jpg
    slayer-abyss-BL_(resized).jpg
    ESP_LTD_Slayer_Reign_in_Blood_SLR067_1_(resized).jpg
    13770322_10154261362700390_2334129569267686442_n_(resized).jpg
    1000x1000_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).PNG
    eHNkNXNqMTI=_o_the-exorcist-1973-part-1_(resized).jpg
    setlist-image-v1_(resized).png
    setlist_(resized).png
    CAM01958.jpg
    23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg
    There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The last GREAT Metallica album was Master Of Puppets.
    Everything after that was the downward spiral to Lulu.

Wrong

#302 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The Grammys gave Jethro Tull the award for Best Metal Album so I don't hold much respect for that organisation.
    rd

Yeah.... Agree the Grammy's are a complete joke and that was the proof.

#303 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's what's great about opinions, we all get to have a few of our own.
    The last GREAT Metallica album was Master Of Puppets.
    Everything after that was the downward spiral to Lulu.

Who's lulu?

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's easy
    Metallica - Black Album and everything else after
    Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
    I'm not saying there isn't a few good tunes here and there but for the most part, shit. JMO

Everything MEGADETH is great... maybe except RISK.

#305 7 years ago

And JASON for All...
    or
    And Justice for JASON...

#306 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

A Slayer pin would be awesome
    And for anyone who wants alt music they can play Rob Scallon's Banjo and ukulele versions of Slayer tunes. Puts a smile on my face every time I hear them.

Pathetic, harmless victims, left to die....
    Rancid, ANGEL OF DEATH, flying free....

#307 7 years ago

The worst Metallica album ever made (yes, even worse than AJFA).

#308 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

again... who's lulu?

#309 7 years ago

OK, so just by reading those articles, you KNOW the story is 100% fabricated.

The guy who supposedly threw the bat, says it was a RANCID CORPSE.

Ozzy Clownborn says that the bat was ALIVE and BIT HIM.

-

Don't get me wrong, it was a great media story for teenage boys to gross out to.

But if you believe that, I've got proof that in the 1700s when Paganini would play his solo violin so fast, the Devil was actually moving his fingers!

There were published newspaper accounts of people who actually saw it.

....and you know, if you read it in the papers, it's true.

pghorns-e1360280661680_(resized).jpgpghorns-e1360280661680_(resized).jpg

-

(If you listen to this Paganini clip, you will hear where Yngwie got 90% of his licks from; no joke)

#310 7 years ago

dupe

#311 7 years ago

AJFA was Metallica's transition album from one of the best metal bands to now we're just in it for the money. It was a hard album to listen to because of the production quality but had songs that were great when performed live. And that's all I know about that.

#312 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

... the Devil was actually moving his fingers!
    ... it's true.

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpgKerry_King_God_Hates_Us_All_(resized).jpgKerry_King_God_Hates_Us_All_(resized).jpgKerry-King-630x420_(resized).jpgKerry-King-630x420_(resized).jpg

#313 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

So ur saying you don't enjoy Dyers Eve, Frayed ends of Sanity, Blackened? very strange considering how much you like MOP's,

#314 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

So ur saying you don't enjoy Dyers Eve, Frayed ends of Sanity, Blackened? very strange considering how much you like MOP's,

I have every Metallica album.

And **in my opinion** they started going downhill, started sounding cliche and commercial with AJFA.

The whole album is fatiguing to listen to.

I never choose any of AJFA tracks on my jukebox.

I never crave "Ohhhh, I've got to work-out to Blackened tonight!!!!"

92% of the time if I hear one of those tracks on the radio, I change the channel. 8% of the time I might leave it as background noise.

-

It's just like Danzig.

The first 4 Rick Rubin albums are amazing song craft.

Then BlackAcidDevil came out and it's just a bunch of hook-less noise.

It's mixed so poorly, you can't even turn it up loud.

When I tell people that it sucks, Danzig fans get angry and start making excuses. I just say it is what it is - shit.

All the later Danzig albums have a song or two you can listen to, but never again did Danzig every make any more "good" albums.

#315 7 years ago

based on that 2nd photo, he's a fan of hank moody's work?

#316 7 years ago

Is there be a setting to turn off "Adult Mode" to dial down the Satan for when I have the Girl Scouts over to play pinball?

#317 7 years ago

Deth Red Saboth is pretty damn good. Haven't heard his Elvis covers yet. The irony is too much.

#318 7 years ago

No touching LUCIFUGE though. I like it more than I.

#319 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The guy who supposedly threw the bat, says it was a RANCID CORPSE.
    Ozzy Clownborn says that the bat was ALIVE and BIT

Ozzy was so out of it in that period, he wouldn't even remember being in a band let alone seeing a bat. All his stories are what people told him happened.

I'm the most sceptical guy in the world. I am fully aware that most of the news stories (especially state side) are pushed by people wanting to make money on something.

However, when the bass player who was 10 feet away from it when it happened, and that guy is Rudy Sarzo, who's reputation as a "good clean guy" is well known, I'll go with his story.

#320 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

And **in my opinion** they started going downhill, started sounding cliche and commercial with AJFA.

Cliche and commercial are ok for the black album, but there is nothing else like AJFA by anyone (not cliche)and it is their least played album on the radio (not commercial)

#321 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

However, when the bass player who was 10 feet away from it when it happened, and that guy is Rudy Sarzo, who's reputation as a "good clean guy" is well known, I'll go with his story.
    » YouTube video

Believe what you must, I don't want to spoil it for you.

Alice Cooper used to pass around a bucket in the audience and everyone would spit in it. Then he would chug the whole bucket down; without throwing up.....cured his ulcers, too.

#322 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

it is their least played album on the radio (not commercial)

Funny, I didn't see them playing Whiplash when they went onto the Grammys in 1989.

#323 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from Baiter:

Cliche and commercial are ok for the black album, but there is nothing else like AJFA by anyone (not cliche)and it is their least played album on the radio (not commercial)

vid, please, give up, you already lost this battle! AJfA kicks ass!!!!!

btw, Ozzy did bite the bat and the dove... too many people tell this story and believe on it so you gotta believe in it too... just like the story of god and jesus....

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

AJfA kicks ass!!!!!

I guess it's all relative to what you are used to.

#325 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guess it's all relative to what you are used to.
    » YouTube video

o-din, whiplash and kill'em all kicks ass too, no worries!!!!

#326 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

vid, please, give up, you already lost this battle! AJfA kicks ass!!!!!

That's why I said "in my opinion", because I think AJFA sucks ass.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Ozzy did bite the bat and the dove... too many people tell this story and believe on it so you gotta believe in it too... just like the story of god and jesus....

The dove story is real, because it was done at a label record conference to try and be shocking.

Remember that Black Sabbath had just had a monster hit with Dio's amazing Heaven and Hell - loved by fans and critics alike.

How else was Ozzy (who can't even sing) going to steal some attention back from the greatest rock singer that ever lived?

The dove biting was in all the papers, and Blizzard of Oz started climbing the charts.

It was an excellent PR move!

#327 7 years ago

Why are you guys still talking about all these bands that aren't Slayer?

#328 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

The off-topic dialogue fits just fine. Hell is often depicted as an ongoing torture

#329 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Because they are all friends.

#330 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The dove biting was in all the papers, and Blizzard of Oz started climbing the charts.

Vid, just curious was this real?

#331 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Vid, just curious was this real?

If you taste it, and it takes like salted rusty nails - it's real.

#332 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Good to know. I figured since the pic was in black and white it could have been chocolate syrup like they used to use in the movies.

#333 7 years ago

Slayer is cool. But I'm tired of the Band licensed pins.

#334 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Slayer is cool. But I'm tired of the Band licensed pins.

It's all fun talk....Slayer is not likely to happen but it's the most positive thread in awhile......

Vid said it best: "there are no happy people on pinside."

Now back to convincing Vid AJFA is a good album....

#335 7 years ago

Why would it not likely happen? You saw the Slayer banner with Stern Pinball on it. Why would they do that? They obviously have some sort of licensing agreement between the two.

#336 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why would they do that?

TimelessTennisMisdirection_(resized).jpgTimelessTennisMisdirection_(resized).jpg

#337 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You saw the Slayer banner with Stern Pinball on it. Why would they do that?

That's called running the idea up a flagpole to see who salutes it. If enough $$$$ is waved around anything is possible. Hell, they did Ghostbusters didn't they? Back in the 90s even that theme wouldn't have flew.

#338 7 years ago

The other rumor is it may just be a digital table.....who knows. Maybe the band really does want one and the license may be dirt cheap.....there are plenty of bigger bands that would appeal/sell more but the cost of the license kills it. There certainly is fan base for Slayer but it is small and how many of those will buy a Slayer pin is even smaller.

#339 7 years ago

I'm in for an LE if it has the song off the Less than Zero soundtrack

That still cracks me up...

#342 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Best Pinside quote of all time ?

#343 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's why I said "in my opinion", because I think AJFA sucks ass.

The dove story is real, because it was done at a label record conference to try and be shocking.
    Remember that Black Sabbath had just had a monster hit with Dio's amazing Heaven and Hell - loved by fans and critics alike.
    How else was Ozzy (who can't even sing) going to steal some attention back from the greatest rock singer that ever lived?

Blizzard of Oz climbed the charts for one reason - Randy Rhoads.

#344 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Blizzard of Oz climbed the charts for one reason - Randy Rhoads.

Funny, Quiot Riot didn't take off until after he left. I thought he was pretty good when I saw him play with them.

#346 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny, Quiot Riot didn't take off until after he left. I thought he was pretty good when I saw him play with them.

QR rode the wave that Blizzard started. Early QR is a joke compared to the juggernaut of Blizzard of Oz. He would have dethroned Eddie in another year.

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Early QR is a joke compared to the juggernaut of Blizzard of Oz.

Did you go see an early QR show with Randy Rhoads? I did. They blew away all the other bands that played that day. And to me Black Sabbath was a juggernaut.

Like I said earlier, it's all relative to what you are used to.

#348 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

The other rumor is it may just be a digital table.....who knows. Maybe the band really does want one and the license may be dirt cheap.....there are plenty of bigger bands that would appeal/sell more but the cost of the license kills it. There certainly is fan base for Slayer but it is small and how many of those will buy a Slayer pin is even smaller.

With the Stern Pinball Arcade app, this is quite possible. It just seems that Slayer doesn't have that mainstream appeal to warrant a full release. Aerosmith I can see even though I don't like the theme. If Slayer is the next game, it's nice to see that Stern branching out.

#349 7 years ago

I compared early QR to the Blizzard of Oz, not someone else they were sharing a stage with the same day, didn't I?

We agree on one thing, it's all relative.

#350 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

We agree on one thing, it's all relative.

I guess so. By the time Blizzard came out I had already seen so many great acts including Black Sabbath and had already seen Randy Rhoads in his prime so to me it wasn't that special.

There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wait-is-over-now-only-hell-awaits/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.