(Topic ID: 164776)

HELL AWAITS...!

By AlexSMendes

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    14370170_1225414940854821_8054194458495658518_n (resized).jpg
    20150729_171117 (resized).jpg
    2009_esp_kh-2_ouija_custom_shop_black_electric_guitar_90174-7_1_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160821_191426.jpg
    snakebyte_case2_small_(resized).jpg
    slayer-abyss-BL_(resized).jpg
    ESP_LTD_Slayer_Reign_in_Blood_SLR067_1_(resized).jpg
    13770322_10154261362700390_2334129569267686442_n_(resized).jpg
    1000x1000_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).PNG
    eHNkNXNqMTI=_o_the-exorcist-1973-part-1_(resized).jpg
    setlist-image-v1_(resized).png
    setlist_(resized).png
    CAM01958.jpg
    23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg
    There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 7 years ago

Call me a cynic but it's ALWAYS about the money and creating a gimmick to market yourself.

Ozzy didn't bite the head off of a bat because it tasted good. Sure he's a crazy mofo to begin with but

Alice Cooper couldn't be any more normal. My dad played golf with him in Maui. I got to ride along. All about the show. Biting the head off a chicken and drinking the blood on stage

Satanism is their gimmick. Appeals to a big group. They may believe it on some level, but it ain't the real thing like Charlie Manson

Some of these guys are just naturally F Ed up human beings but that just makes them that much easier to market!

So at least two guys are in for Slayer, Amendes and Gryzz, who else?

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

I can't imagine Stern wanting to be associated with any band with a controversy over Satanism......people talk about bands selling out.

Not to mention operations. I know of several places that wouldn't get WNBJM because of the sexual innuendo. My feeling is this pin would fall into the same category for the Satanist aspect, regardless of how true it actually is.

#253 7 years ago

Make sure you have me marked down for an LE.

#254 7 years ago

What if Stern started running just 1000 machines ? Take it or leave it. One $6k run and done. Would retooling factory make that impossible ?

#255 7 years ago

For non- mainstream titles of course.

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Make sure you have me marked down for an LE.

Nice choice, LE comes with Kerry King side armour..

Kerry-King-december-05_(resized).jpgKerry-King-december-05_(resized).jpg

#257 7 years ago

I would have to see and play it first, but if I liked it, then yes I wold definitely be in. Megadeth would be instant buy for me though.

#258 7 years ago

I know. It wouldn't be worth it. But what if Stern had a seperate, in-house team that only did music pins ? They could have a pin for everybodys favorite band and you could go down to yer favorite watering hole and hear their shitty bands pin.
    Here's to Jeff.

#259 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I'm interested on what album/era you said Megadeth and or Metallica "went to shit" on? Curious...

That's easy
    Metallica - Black Album and everything else after
    Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

I'm not saying there isn't a few good tunes here and there but for the most part, shit. JMO

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Me.

4721408287d69afb8c2e2e9624225e0e_(resized).jpg4721408287d69afb8c2e2e9624225e0e_(resized).jpg

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I like this album, Zero the Hero might be my favorite song.

Love zero the hero !!

#262 7 years ago

They make it, I'm buying a few. One for me and a couple for the route. Slayer is a mainstay on my jukeboxes, so why not operate a few slayer pins. As long as I can get 3 LE's I'm in.

#263 7 years ago

Cruster big ballin. Here's to you and el Jefe.

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

They make it, I'm buying a few. One for me and a couple for the route. Slayer is a mainstay on my jukeboxes, so why not operate a few slayer pins. As long as I can get 3 LE's I'm in.

I know lots of guys who would buy a Slayer pin, they aren't collectors but they would have to have it, like Kiss to those army freaks.

#266 7 years ago

4 days late than a mug.

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

WHAT!? haha normally your word is gospel but come on man.. AJFA not a good album!?

To me AJFA was musically great except the mixing/engineering/ recording quality was just awful unless that was the sound they were going for. Black Album is good but completely commercial rock with some metal and marked the complete sell out of Metallica. Pretty much guaranteed we would never get another album near MOP. Bands evolve and try new things. The Beatles, Stones, The Who, Queen, etc. Some bands are amazing and others try to recreate the original magic that made them successful and just fade away.

AC/DC is one of the few bands that just seem to never change. Write hit rock songs, wash/rinse/repeat for 30-40 years.

I haven't followed Slayer recently so I suppose I will give the new one a listen.

#268 7 years ago

I was joking pal. No hard feelings. Just cant pass up a chance to fuck with a Steelers fan.

#269 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

yep, would buy one for sure!

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was joking pal. No hard feelings. Just cant pass up a chance to fck with a Steelers fan.

Haha no worries then ! For the record I'm an import. I do not care for any Pittsburgh teams

#271 7 years ago

Satanism is cool and millennials love it. Hail satan. I love dying and being dead and also playing pinball in hell with my bro beelzebub.

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's easy
    Metallica - Black Album and everything else after
    I'm not saying there isn't a few good tunes here and there but for the most part, shit. JMO

You should give the new Megadeth album a listen to.

#274 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

JMO

I know where your going w/ this but for me it was youthanasia. I agree w/ the rest tho

#275 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

AJFA not a good album!?

Sucks ass.

Long, sucky songs that sound paper thin.

#276 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

You should give the new Megadeth album a listen to.

I will, its tough after a band makes 2 master pieces like Peace sells and Rust in Peace.

#277 7 years ago

They just had their bus rollover and kill Cliff. They came back with the angriest shit ever put into writing in my humble opinion. And Justice is a fucking bass-less masterpiece.

#278 7 years ago

Megadeth-Dystopia is awesome. Anything Megadeth is an instant buy for me. I also think Metallica-Death Magnetic is a great album, best since the Black album.

#279 7 years ago

Plus And Justice is 9:44 so you can play it after Mountain Jam on the jukebox.

#280 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sucks ass.

That is by far the most scathing review on AJFA I've ever seen!

I'm with Gryszzz. Any detractors are closet bass players

#281 7 years ago

Don't plan on ever buying another NIB again, but Slayer would be tempting. Would be out if it was a retheme and it would need some pretty amazing toys, but... I'd be tentatively in. Because... Slayer.

#282 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ozzy didn't bite the head off of a bat because it tasted good

No, he did it because he was a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict at the time. Same as when he pissed on the Alamo and got banned from the city. He was totally out of control.

rd

#283 7 years ago

So what are the guys with the usual inside info saying about Stern's upcoming title?

#284 7 years ago

They're saying FUCKIN SLAYER.

#285 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

They're saying FUCKIN SLAYER.

Gryszzzzz' excitement level is off the fucking charts!!

rd

#286 7 years ago

Like the Pointer Sisters RD.

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

No, he did it because he was a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict at the time. Same as when he pissed on the Alamo and got banned from the city. He was totally out of control.
    rd

Like I said RD, some of these guys are just naturally F ed up human beings. Maybe Sharon told him to do it. The crazy train is part of what made them great. For being "hopeless" he did alright at the end of the day.

He's lucky to make it out of SA alive pissing on the Alamo, he was wearing a dress at the time.

The Oz was banned from the Alamo city until he made a $10k donation to the "Daughters of the Texas Republic", who run the Alamo.

He came back last year with Jack as part of filming a documentary for the history channel i think.

And now he claims he's "not happy with his life", yet he doesn't want to drink or do drugs.

Another case of money and fame can't buy happiness

#288 7 years ago

I fell in love with Slayer when I saw them with Exodus and Venom at the Hollywood Paladium in the 80's. I lost my friends within a minute of entering that place . I left without a shirt and a shoe. I was covered in Blood . My friends were at the truck when I came limping up after the show . all we could say was Fucking Slayer .

Put me down for a Necrophiliac LE.or a Show no Mercy premium

#289 7 years ago

IN's finest.
    Indianapolis thrash titans that opened for Slayer.

#290 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sucks ass.

You sound like the perfect candidate for Black Album... short fluffy pop-metal songs. To your point though, Metallica realized after the AJFA tour that the short catchy stuff is what the masses prefer, and thus was born the Black Album.

AJFA is brilliant in many ways, heady stuff, long compositions that are rare in the rock music industry...it took me a dozen listens before I could get into it and I'd argue it's one of Metallica's best. Opinions are just that but it did get them a Grammy for "One". You can easily obtain many live recordings of the same songs if you didn't like the album production quality, so it's a thin excuse to dislike the songs themselves.

#291 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Opinions are just that but it did get them a Grammy for "One".

The Grammys gave Jethro Tull the award for Best Metal Album so I don't hold much respect for that organisation.

rd

#292 7 years ago

A lot of people showing their age and ignorance in this thread.

Not sure about the mass appeal of a Slyer pin, but then again I've also hated every big name band to get pin done so far and I was really disappointed in the Rob Zombie one.

Assuming the game looks awesome as it should and as fast as it should be then this would be my first and only NIB game.

Also, the wife would not only approve of it, she would insist on getting it.

tmp_11243-urPA4b2-1766323435.jpgtmp_11243-urPA4b2-1766323435.jpg

#293 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Not sure about the mass appeal of a Slyer pin

Me neither, never heard of those dudes.

\m/ SLYER!! \m/

rd

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

That is by far the most scathing review on AJFA I've ever seen!

That's what's great about opinions, we all get to have a few of our own.

The last GREAT Metallica album was Master Of Puppets.

Everything after that was the downward spiral to Lulu.

#295 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The Grammys gave Jethro Tull the award for Best Metal Album so I don't hold much respect for that organisation.
    rd

Metallica should have got it that year, but they seemed to realize that mistake and gave it to Metallica the next 3 years in a row... then slipped into giving it to the likes of NiN and Soundgarden, before correcting again. They've actually seem to be solid for the past decade giving it to actual metal bands... this year it was given to Ghost, and Slayer has two wins of their own. Unfortunately the category is for performance rather than composition, so they keep nominating cover songs.

#296 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The bat probably did not even happen.

The record companies always are making shit up for the gullible fans and media to get excited about.

Rod Stewart having a gallon of sperm pumped out of his stomach, Led Zep screwing the chick with a Mudshark, Marylin Manson cumming in Trent Reznors hair - people will believe anything.....

#297 7 years ago

Manson's ribs being removed was a good one, Richard Gere and the gerbils - I miss all those crazy rumours, stupid internet sense checking things.

#298 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The bat probably did not even happen.

Oh yeah, it definitely did. A fan threw it up on stage and he munched it because he thought it was a toy. Off to hospital for rabies shots goes Ozzy. The story has been recounted many times by many different people.

The other famous one was the Dove story, which also has been recounted by many different people who were there.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ozzy-osbourne-dove-bite-head/

Quoted from vid1900:

Led Zep screwing the chick with a Mudshark

That's a definite too. Carmine Appice gives the best account of it, it was either in his room or the room next door (I can't remember) He was talking about it again on Eddie Trunks podcast a month or two back.

Quoted from vid1900:

Rod Stewart having a gallon of sperm pumped out of his stomach

That's a lot of jizz .... Don't think that's a real one.

rd

#299 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

A fan threw it up on stage and he munched it because he thought it was a toy. Off to hospital for rabies shots goes Ozzy. The story has been recounted many times by many different people.

Fake.

Bats weigh nothing (like 1/4 of an ounce), so you could not throw them, being floppy and weightless.

Sometimes you hear that it was a LIVE bat, so you know you are not going to throw that either. "Ozzy bit the bat, AND the bat bit Ozzy - OMFG! Ozzy is soooooo evil"

-

One story that is true - Robert Johnson did sell his soul to the Devil.

The actual contract is at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and the Devil's signature blood has been DNA tested - 100% authentic.

There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wait-is-over-now-only-hell-awaits/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.