3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 426 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by AlexSMendes
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    14370170_1225414940854821_8054194458495658518_n (resized).jpg
    20150729_171117 (resized).jpg
    2009_esp_kh-2_ouija_custom_shop_black_electric_guitar_90174-7_1_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160821_191426.jpg
    snakebyte_case2_small_(resized).jpg
    slayer-abyss-BL_(resized).jpg
    ESP_LTD_Slayer_Reign_in_Blood_SLR067_1_(resized).jpg
    13770322_10154261362700390_2334129569267686442_n_(resized).jpg
    1000x1000_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).PNG
    eHNkNXNqMTI=_o_the-exorcist-1973-part-1_(resized).jpg
    setlist-image-v1_(resized).png
    setlist_(resized).png
    CAM01958.jpg
    23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg

There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 3 years ago

Children of the Grave is probably my favorite bass song of all time.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'd be on board if the theme was more than "insert metal/rock band here" and play songs. For me a game that puts you in the middle of a story is much more interesting. How about a battle of the bands theme? Slayer vs Metallica. George Gomez did it before successfully with Monster Bash when he came up with an original theme using old movie assets. Maybe throw in some supernatural stuff like Spooky did with RZ. Devil went down to Georgia looking for a soul to steal. AC/DC teams up with Slayer to solve a murder. It could be great with a little creative force behind it.

Slayer would win hands down in my opinion. Metallica went mainstream after And Justice for All. Thats where they lost they're true loyal fans. I still have my original Kill em All without the added 2 songs that I cant even remember the name of. And I remember buying a For Whom the Bell Tolls single demo on vinyl that day as well. I guess my point is that as a true Slayer fan I have so much respect for them not giving a shit about becoming a mainstream band. They don't give a fuck about becoming a commercial band. I guess thats what makes me skeptical about this pin actually happening. The commercial aspect. But if it does, Ill buy it in a second!

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

With a most obvious winner, lol

DAVE MUSTAINE >>>>>>> kirk hammet

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

With a most obvious winner, lol

Any MEGADETH/SLAYER/EXODUS/ANTHRAX/(you name it) drummer >>>>>>> lars ulrich

#205 3 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Neph, would you agree Megadeth went through different classifications on their albums? I'll throw out the Death Metal category but speed/thrash I can see it on Killing is my Business and the subsequent albums. I'll put technical as a category w/ Rust in Peace. But definitely I would just use 'metal' on their latter releases.
    As you can tell... Megadeth is my favorite band.

Quoted from nephasth:

Absolutely. These days I would just call Megadeth a Heavy Metal band. Same with Metallica and Anthrax. They were thrash in the early days, but not anymore. Exodus though... They're still thrashing and I love me some Exodus, old and new.

Thank you.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, they appeal to a certain crowd. The last 3 albums are terrible money grabs though right?
    "Repentless". These old dudes are done.

I thought World Painted Blood was great

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I thought World Painted Blood was great

That would be my pick for best album since Divine Intervention. Best of all albums would either be Reign In Blood or Show No Mercy.

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Best of all albums would either be Reign In Blood or Show No Mercy.

True. With Reign in Blood as the winner. It's hard to top Angel of Death and Raining Blood. Though I'll have to admit I stop following after Seasons anyway so I can't speak anything beyond their early work, so true from the albums I know.

#209 3 years ago

A Def Leppard pin is long overdue.

Hysteria Multi-ball!

If Stern releases a Def Leppard pin, Armageddon it NIB!

#210 3 years ago

I love Slayer and enjoy the new album but I notice the lack of Jeff, its not bad but not the same. Sorry Ice but Slayer doesn't make albums for cash grabs, Sabbath's first 5 albums were all masterpiece's, overall favorite would have to be Paranoid, FWboots, WPigs, EFuneral, HofDoom holy shit, Megadeth like Metallica lost me after the first few albums but the odd song isn't bad, I'm more into Death Metal but the old school bands who are still making albums, still on most of these there are usually 2 or 3 great songs and the rest is just filler, I did just discover this album and its by far the best Motorhead I've ever heard, a dedicated pin based on this would be just fine by me,

#211 3 years ago

A Motörhead pin would make everything better.

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

A Def Leppard pin is long overdue.
    Hysteria Multi-ball!
    If Stern releases a Def Leppard pin, Armageddon it NIB!

#213 3 years ago

Like kid rock says in Joe Dirt, "Def Leppard sucks!"

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

A Motörhead pin would make everything better.

Maybe spooky was in the running at one time I briefly heard from someone to my memory.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Like kid rock says in Joe Dirt, "Def Leppard sucks!"

Other than Warrant or Winger, it's hard to think of a lamer band.

Remember how bad "All I ever want to get is slang" was?

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

That's funny. I always laugh when people say "I like all kinds of music". It lets me know that they have to have their opinions fed to them from someone/somewhere else.

This is a pretty stupid statement. Lots of reasons a person would like a variety of music.

#217 3 years ago

Nothing wrong with variety. Impossible to like ALL. Reading comprehension problem?

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Lots of reasons a person would like a variety of music.

country-music_(resized).jpg

#219 3 years ago

Took me a minute to figure that out lol

#220 3 years ago

Surely you Pinsiders have been around long enough to know Guy Incognito is quite the jokester.
    "Armageddon it nib"---lol. I laughed.
    And actually, their 1st album was considered "heavy metal", as they were part of the NWOBHM.

#221 3 years ago

But Joe Dirt was right.

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Surely you Pinsiders have been around long enough to know Guy Incognito is quite the jokester.
    "Armageddon it nib"---lol. I laughed.
    And actually, their 1st album was considered "heavy metal", as they were part of the NWOBHM.

I actually enjoy their first releases.... come on, we're talking early 80's here.... but them hysteria came out....

#223 3 years ago

Keyboards ruined everything back then.

#224 3 years ago

Edit :
    Keyboards RUIN everything.
    Should be a t-shirt.

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Edit :
    Keyboards RUIN everything.
    Should be a t-shirt.

Most, but not everything..... Some do it right, such as Ozzy, DIO, Maiden.... and better yet, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth.....

#227 3 years ago

A Pantera pin would be my choice over Slayer. Better music in my opinion. I can't imagine Stern wanting to be associated with any band with a controversy over Satanism......people talk about bands selling out.....Slayer did that at both ends.....in the beginning when they never denied being satanists and pretty much said they were and fast forward 30 years and now they say they are not.....they played it up and used it to their advantage like any other band would to become big. Simple as that. They had some good songs but I don't see this pin happening.......would be cool if it did. If Ozzy can get banned from San Antonio for pissing on the Alamo and then invited to the White House by the president then anything is possible.

Motorhead would be a great choice and I would probably buy it....RIP Lemmy.....and eventually when I get TWD pin I am gonna add Fast and Loose with pinball browser.

#228 3 years ago

I'm confused. If the wait is over, but you're still awaiting Hell, then you're still waiting.

Also, Slayer doesn't seem mainstream enough to warrant a Stern-sized run.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

people talk about bands selling out.....Slayer did that at both ends.....in the beginning when they never denied being satanists and pretty much said they were and fast forward 30 years and now they say they are not.....they played it up and used it to their advantage like any other band would to become big. Simple as that.

That's up there with one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Come on.

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm confused. If the wait is over, but you're still awaiting Hell, then you're still waiting..

And when the pin is released we all shall REIGN IN BLOOD!

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I love Slayer and enjoy the new album but I notice the lack of Jeff, its not bad but not the same.

I love Slayer and totally agree with this. They lost two major things when Jeff died, first he was a history buff and always had compelling songs about war. The second thing is that almost haunting guitar sound that is all over earlier Slayer stuff. Its evident right at the intro of Mandatory Suicide is anyone is curious about the sound I mean.

Repentless is an amazing album for a 30+ year old band, but I can't help but feeling that it has a very "by the numbers" feel, almost like a band trying very hard to sound like Slayer if that makes sense.

#232 3 years ago

dupe, sorry

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's up there with one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Come on.

Ridiculous that a band would use a gimmick/image to become popular......no band has ever done that.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm confused. If the wait is over, but you're still awaiting Hell, then you're still waiting.

Quoted from benheck:

Slayer doesn't seem mainstream enough to warrant a Stern-sized run.

Maybe a Spooky sized run then.

#235 3 years ago

Yep, without Jeff they lost the composition and harmonization of what Slayer was. Just not the same with out him.

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Yep, without Jeff they lost the composition and harmonization of what Slayer was. Just not the same with out him.

Unfortunately nothing we can do about it.... King, Araya and Gary Holt won't supress what Hanneman brought to this band.... I dig Gary and I love EXODUS, but he's got a whole different playing and wrting styles.....

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

A Pantera pin would be my choice over Slayer. Better music in my opinion. I can't imagine Stern wanting to be associated with any band with a controversy over Satanism......people talk about bands selling out.....Slayer did that at both ends.....in the beginning when they never denied being satanists and pretty much said they were and fast forward 30 years and now they say they are not.....they played it up and used it to their advantage like any other band would to become big. Simple as that. They had some good songs but I don't see this pin happening.......would be cool if it did. If Ozzy can get banned from San Antonio for pissing on the Alamo and then invited to the White House by the president then anything is possible.
    Motorhead would be a great choice and I would probably buy it....RIP Lemmy.....and eventually when I get TWD pin I am gonna add Fast and Loose with pinball browser.

And Pantera stayed true to their roots? Pfft... Ha!

full_(resized).jpg

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

I'm so glad they didn't!!!!!

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

LOL!!! Ok....lets pull up pictures of every band from the 80's......early Crue, GnR, etc.....they all had the glam thing going for a while...hell Steven Tyler invented glam and his pin is coming so yeah glam rock still lives on......

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Ridiculous that a band would use a gimmick/image to become popular......no band has ever done that.

No I agree with that but like Sabbath and even the most brutal of Death Metal bands its just something they enjoy, the darkside, horror films etc. not a gimmick because 99% or higher of the fans like myself aren't satanists, I see what ur saying but in this case it really doesn't apply.

#241 3 years ago

hehe... Look at how much I paid for my bread today....

20160724_164413.jpg

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

LOL!!! Ok....lets pull up pictures of every band from the 80's......early Crue, GnR, etc.....they all had the glam thing going for a while...hell Steven Tyler invented glam and his pin is coming so yeah glam rock still lives on......

Slayer in '84 looks quite a bit different...

slyer1984_(resized).jpg

...no duck lips.

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

#244 3 years ago

So was anybody else just totally fuckin floored that Stern was at the same booth as Nuclear Blast ?? Coolest shit ever. Nuclear Blast has taken over as the most iron as fuck label on the planet.

#245 3 years ago

No. I saw Stern/Nuclear Blast banners several months ago.

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Megadeth like Metallica had some great stuff in the beginning but it went to shit fast, Slayer has remained constant and brutal and great, I can see how a lot of folks would dislike it but they probably want a Grateful Dead pin which would be fine if the goal was to kill them off till the wizard mode which could be "I'm grateful they are all dead" Sabbath and Motorhead would be cool but most likely it will continue in the realm of geezer rock and guys who look like women, Aerosmith? what a piece of crap that will be, I know Slayer won't happen because its too Evil and that is horseshit, at least in the sea of kids movies, old rock bands, nerdy fanatsy films and TV shows we got TWD and Aliens on the way.

I'm interested on what album/era you said Megadeth and or Metallica "went to shit" on? Curious...

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That is expensive bread.

Edit:

Oh wait, you are in Rio.

#248 3 years ago

In my head every person who doesn't love this idea looks like this.. Stewart_(resized).jpeg

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I'm interested on what album/era you said Megadeth and or Metallica "went to shit" on?

The last good Metallica album was Master of Puppets.

Megadeth has it's ups and downs, but still puts out reasonably consistent product to this day.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The last good Metallica album was Master of Puppets.
    Megadeth has it's ups and downs, but still puts out reasonably consistent product to this day.

WHAT!? haha normally your word is gospel but come on man.. AJFA not a good album!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.50
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside