(Topic ID: 164776)

HELL AWAITS...!

By AlexSMendes

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    14370170_1225414940854821_8054194458495658518_n (resized).jpg
    20150729_171117 (resized).jpg
    2009_esp_kh-2_ouija_custom_shop_black_electric_guitar_90174-7_1_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160821_191426.jpg
    snakebyte_case2_small_(resized).jpg
    slayer-abyss-BL_(resized).jpg
    ESP_LTD_Slayer_Reign_in_Blood_SLR067_1_(resized).jpg
    13770322_10154261362700390_2334129569267686442_n_(resized).jpg
    1000x1000_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).PNG
    eHNkNXNqMTI=_o_the-exorcist-1973-part-1_(resized).jpg
    setlist-image-v1_(resized).png
    setlist_(resized).png
    CAM01958.jpg
    23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg
    There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I also liked Stryper back in the day.

I'd like to request a thread eject ; possibly even account freezing for a transgression of this magnitude.

#102 7 years ago

What was that about?

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'd like to request a thread eject ; possibly even account freezing for a transgression of this magnitude.

To hell with the devil!!!

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What's that all about?

Why are so many people watching a live concert through a cellphone screen? Lame, put that shit away when you are at a show .

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

If it's Slayer, heavy metal or another typical Stern rock band pin, I'm all out.

It's OK to skip the games that are not your cup of tea, no need to apologize.

#106 7 years ago

Is this really happening or even a possibility? if so I might perform a Bucky Larson style release all over myself, please Stern make it happen, might be the best music on Earth for pinball, fast, intense, brutal, I'm thinking Borg/Lyman.

4721408287d69afb8c2e2e9624225e0e_(resized).jpg4721408287d69afb8c2e2e9624225e0e_(resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Why are so many people watching a live concert through a cellphone screen? Lame, put that shit away when you are at a show .

One of my biggest pet peaves. I get so pissed off about this when I go to shows now that it actually takes away some of my enjoyment of the show itself. If you want to take a picture when the band comes on fine. But to watch the whole show through your phone? Idiots.

#108 7 years ago

p.s. Slayer is awesome and I too almost died in a mosh pit at a Slayer show in the late 80's. It was awesome.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I just slap the phones out of people's hands in front of me; sends them scrambling .

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I just slap the phones out of people's hands in front of me; sends them scrambling .

That's fine for a small show, but man Arena shows are really annoying now (er I guess more than they used to be).
    Way up the top in Seattle and literally 8,000 cell phones screens can be seen.

#111 7 years ago

I'm pretty tall, so just having screens around doesn't bother me.

But if you hold them in front of my face, the last view of your phone will be of it flying off into the crowd.

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

1000% agree. Does make for a nice, bright target to plow into though.

#113 7 years ago

They can't be older Slayer fans or real Slayer fans for that matter so I say "die by the sword" leave ur god damn phones at home.

#114 7 years ago

Hey Yuri--how far are ya from Highlands Ranch my man ? My bro-in-law lives there. Be there for 5 days in 2 weeks. Will be spending my nights at the 1-Up. We should get together for some silver ball, CO beers, and Stryper.

#115 7 years ago

I'm north in Westminster but we go to the 1up every couple of weeks. Sounds good, we could meet up there and have a few and play some pin. And of course listen to Stryper. Lol.

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

And of course listen to Stryper. Lol.

Well, to credit those guys, they've stayed true to their beliefs and they're still rocking it out today.

Bonus credit: they don't wear stripy spandex any more.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Well, to credit those guys, they've stayed true to their beliefs and they're still rocking it out today.

Stryper sucks, christian metal? it also sucks, Slayer and Stryper should never be mentioned in the same sentence and now I need a bath.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Stryper sucks, christian metal also sucks, Slayer and Stryper should never been be mentioned in the same sentence

#119 7 years ago

s-l1600.jpegs-l1600.jpeg

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Bonus credit: they don't wear stripy Spandex any more.

Now they wear Spanx

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's OK to skip the games that are not your cup of tea, no need to apologize.

I've been doing a lot of that lately. And I'm not sorry.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

and now I need a bath.
    » YouTube video

LOL.

#123 7 years ago

Staying at the Coronado (?),...the hotel where the Shining was filmed, for a couple nights. Stoked about that.
    Just like Jack, I'll be stumbling around looking for that hotel bar myself.
    FUCKIN SLAYER !

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Stryper sucks, christian metal? it also sucks, Slayer and Stryper should never be mentioned in the same sentence and now I need a bath.
    » YouTube video

I agree, personally. I have never listened to Stryper and wouldn't know one of their songs if I heard it.

What I was saying was, full credit to them for sticking with it for 30 years.

Remove that thumbs down son!

rd

#125 7 years ago

Here comes another thumbs down RD. Happy birthday. I got ya a pack of Fruit Stripes, and a thumbs down.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I agree, personally. I have never listened to Stryper and wouldn't know one of their songs if I heard it.
    What I was saying was, full credit to them for sticking with it for 30 years.
    Remove that thumbs down son!
    rd

Ok, I feel better now, the bath worked and I used a wash cloth to be sure, all is well. I removed the thumbs down, but I will say it would have been better if Stryper stuck with it for 30 days then I don't know maybe disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle or abducted by aliens, no wait they all die in a bizarre gardening accident.

#127 7 years ago

I wonder if Stryper and Creed will end up in the same hell.

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Slayer is about the only concert I felt I could have died at. The mosh pit was behind the seats on a sloping hill at the Pacific Amphitheatre on the Clash of the Titans tour in 1991 when the fat dude in front of me fell and I got pinned below the seat backs as about 30 more dudes fell on top of me. I was getting crushed but somehow squeezed out of there.

I was at the Red Rocks show on that tour.... Slayer was the anchor for Alice In Chains, Anthrax and Megadeth. Red Rocks is basically a giant cement staircase, and it was 3 people deep in each row particularly toward the front. When Slayer took the stage it seemed the audience erupted into moshpits... and I spent the entire set watching for people falling into me from above, and picking people up off the ground... so I got to see about 1/2 the set, but it was quite the experience.

That being said the most brutal mosh pit I've seen was at a White Zombie concert, looked like half of a football team using skinny fans as tackle dummys... and to my surprise many of them those fans kept in there. I suppose if a RZ pin can be made, Slayer could happen, but unlikely by Stern.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if Styper and Creed will end up in the same hell.

Just all their fans. Please.

#130 7 years ago

Way to go OD. Now Hazoff has to take another bath.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I was at the Red Rocks show on that tour.... Slayer was the anchor for Alice In Chains, Anthrax and Megadeth. Red Rocks is basically a giant cement staircase, and it was 3 people deep in each row particularly toward the front. When Slayer took the stage it seemed the audience erupted into moshpits... and I spent the entire set watching for people falling into me from above, and picking people up off the ground... so I got to see about 1/2 the set, but it was quite the experience.
    That being said the most brutal mosh pit I've seen was at a White Zombie concert, looked like half of a football team using skinny fans as tackle dummys... and to my surprise many of them those fans kept in there. I suppose if a RZ pin can be made, Slayer could happen, but unlikely by Stern.

Clash of the Titans at Red rocks! I was there as well, awesome show. I probably have seen Slayer more than 10 times and every time they bring it as well as some of the most brutal mosh pits. METAL rules!!

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Clash of the Titans at Red rocks! I was there as well, awesome show. I probably have seen Slayer more than 10 times and every time they bring it as well as some of the most brutal mosh pits. METAL rules!!

I saw the Clash of the Titans show at the Summit in Houston. Killer show......when Slayer came onthe mosh erupted. You could see chairs from the floor being ripped up. I watched chairs fly 20ft....THWACK.....I know some folks got hurt for sure.

Maybe the only other show that was on that level was at a club in Houston.....Carcass, Death, and Pestillence was the bill and a riot broke out when Death played and about 30 plus cops showed up and it got shut down.

#133 7 years ago

Clash of The Titans was a great show. Alice in Chains seemed a little boring when followed by Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer. But they played a short enough set so they could get on with the heavy rockers. I must have seen Antrax 10 times back in the day and they always put on a great show.

Biggest mosh I ever saw was at the last Raiders Rams game before both teams split.

Exodus, Suicidal, and Pantera together was another great triple bill, with the whole building caught in a mosh.

#134 7 years ago

1. Reign in Blood (naturally)
    2. Seasons in the Abyss
    3. Undisputed Attitude. The only CD that hasn't been taken out of my upstairs deck in 3 years. Freakin masterpiece.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Way to go OD. Now Hazoff has to take another bath.

The only band I despise as much as Creed is Stone Temple Idiots.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

1. Reign in Blood (naturally)
    2. Seasons in the Abyss
    3. Undisputed Attitude. The only CD that hasn't been taken out of my upstairs deck in 3 years. Freakin masterpiece.

1. Seasons
    2. Hell Awaits
    3. Reign In Blood

#137 7 years ago

Maybe a 100 people or so that will buy this Slayer shit.

Yeah, load it up Stern.

Black Sabbath blows this shit away, yeah I'm old school and I'm not a F ing devil worshiping stringy hair, skinny coked out loser either. This is some weird F up shit. Absolutely ZERO chance there is a Slayer pin coming.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe a 100 people or so that will buy this Slayer shit.

What % of the 100 do you think go to Brazil?

#139 7 years ago

I would personally love to see a Slayer pin happen. I would concede that while Slayer is huge and legendary in the metal world, they are not as mainstream as any of the bands Stern has licensed previously. Does this matter at the end of the day? Maybe? I remember when Stern first asked about what metal bands people liked on a Facebook thread. I, of course, mentioned Meshuggah. I would say that proper realization of a Slayer pin would certainly include some evil imagery and call outs. I can't imagine the art being any more gory than TWD. Tom Araya yelling at you to "get the extra ball" would be a riot. They played up the Satanic thing in the 80's. I'm pretty sure they have said as much in interviews, even. While Kerry King seems like imposing guy, I don't think he'd sacrifice a goat.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What % of the 100 do you think go to Brazil?

With blood you will pay! Cast the First Stone, what a pile of shit.

I'm thinking only 1 goes down there to the head banging OP.

Although......maybe the profile fits that scene?

#141 7 years ago

If Borg and Lyman were to do a pin like this and the layout was great, I'd use pinball browser to replace every POS Slayer song, maybe I'd leave a couple from Reign of Blood.

Do a head count and see how many line up for this crap.

I do acknowledge this fits a small % of the pinhead profile.

The shit they throw out there now is nothing more than an old man headbanger money grab. More power to em.

#142 7 years ago

Give a Iron Maiden instead

#143 7 years ago

I think slayer is a great license for barcades. There are plenty of family save games for collectors and slayer/maiden/acdc/Metallica would be well suited for the demographic playing in today's bars and barcades. Plenty of exeptions but over a great game for Ops and some of us old metal fans.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

Give a Iron Maiden instead

No doubt. I shouldn't say "old school" because Kerry King is my age.

I think its cool he's a pinhead but I'd rather have a great pin with layout and rules and blast whatever music i wanted to play in my man cave.

Slayer ain't it. So if it happens and it plays great, I'll do what i did with Ac/dc.

But, I respect you Slayer fans!

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If Borg and Lyman were to do a pin like this and the layout was great, I'd use pinball browser to replace every POS Slayer song

With your fav Justin bieber tracks?

edit: intended recipient of joke too old to understand implication.

retry: With your fav ABBA tracks?

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

With your fav Justin bieber tracks?

Dude I grew up in the "heavy metal" capital of the world back in the 70's and 80's.

Like I said, I'm old school. You are a lot closer to Bieber than i am. Who the F is that.

Because of Joe Anthony in San Antonio who launched a lot of big names, we got it all. Google that time!

Seen em all. I'm sure they all came through the White Rabbit and Zombie at some point. I F ing hated a lot of it. But it was lots of fun back then!

And I was lucky enough to see a lot of great true talent like Stevie Ray Vaughan in Austin during that same time frame. Another icon.

http://2fast2die.com/2012/07/joe-anthony-the-spirit-of-san-antonio-radio/

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

I would personally love to see a Slayer pin happen. I would concede that while Slayer is huge and legendary in the metal world, they are not as mainstream as any of the bands Stern has licensed previously. Does this matter at the end of the day? Maybe? I remember when Stern first asked about what metal bands people liked on a Facebook thread. I, of course, mentioned Meshuggah. I would say that proper realization of a Slayer pin would certainly include some evil imagery and call outs. I can't imagine the art being any more gory than TWD. Tom Araya yelling at you to "get the extra ball" would be a riot. They played up the Satanic thing in the 80's. I'm pretty sure they have said as much in interviews, even. While Kerry King seems like imposing guy, I don't think he'd sacrifice a goat.

Actually, Tom is a born again christian. I read in interviews that Tom writes the socio political lyrics and Kerry writes the satanic stuff. Kerry maintains he isn't a satanist, he just despises christians and christianity

#148 7 years ago

He's not a born-again Christian. He's always been Catholic.

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Kerry maintains he isn't a satanist, he just despises christians and christianity

That's why I'd rather take an ass whipping than listen to his BS.

It's ALL about the $$$$, appealing to that crowd that loves that shit.

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thought I was the only one who loves that album, and I normally can't stand when bands do cover albums. Saw them in Lawrence on that tour. Fucking incredible (and dangerous) seeing slayer in a small club

There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wait-is-over-now-only-hell-awaits/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.