(Topic ID: 164776)

HELL AWAITS...!

By AlexSMendes

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    14370170_1225414940854821_8054194458495658518_n (resized).jpg
    20150729_171117 (resized).jpg
    2009_esp_kh-2_ouija_custom_shop_black_electric_guitar_90174-7_1_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160821_191426.jpg
    snakebyte_case2_small_(resized).jpg
    slayer-abyss-BL_(resized).jpg
    ESP_LTD_Slayer_Reign_in_Blood_SLR067_1_(resized).jpg
    13770322_10154261362700390_2334129569267686442_n_(resized).jpg
    1000x1000_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).PNG
    eHNkNXNqMTI=_o_the-exorcist-1973-part-1_(resized).jpg
    setlist-image-v1_(resized).png
    setlist_(resized).png
    CAM01958.jpg
    23625db9c67d275f0ea48eda5b74d393_(resized).jpg
    There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #52 7 years ago

Slayer is about the only concert I felt I could have died at. The mosh pit was behind the seats on a sloping hill at the Pacific Amphitheatre on the Clash of the Titans tour in 1991 when the fat dude in front of me fell and I got pinned below the seat backs as about 30 more dudes fell on top of me. I was getting crushed but somehow squeezed out of there.

Setlist-

Hell Awaits
    The Antichrist
    War Ensemble
    South of Heaven
    Raining Blood
    Altar of Sacrifice
    Jesus Saves
    Dead Skin Mask
    Seasons in the Abyss
    Mandatory Suicide
    Angel of Death

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:satanic metal is some of the best metal.

Nope - I roll with Christian metal:

Way harder than Slayer and with a more positive message.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

» YouTube video

Good for u, after all, JESUS SAVES!

#55 7 years ago

My boys Demiricous opened up for DWP. I left after Demiricous.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

» YouTube video

Gimme a fuckin break... Do u really "think you'll see the pearly gates when death takes u away"?

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Whaaaa?

#58 7 years ago

#59 7 years ago

That 's it... KING DIAMOND... my man!!!

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Gimme a fuckin break... Do u really "think you'll see the pearly gates when death takes u away"?

Fo sho my friend

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Steve Ritchie would have to be the designer.
    Otherwise the game would not be fast enough to keep up with the music.
    » YouTube video
    ^ One of the best music videos of all time ^

Sure if you like a good snuff film.

#62 7 years ago

Who ordered the Vital Remains with a side of satanic slaw ?

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Fo sho my friend

2016-07-23-00-06-34--984905130_(resized).jpeg2016-07-23-00-06-34--984905130_(resized).jpeg

#64 7 years ago

Greg Brady don't give a fuck.

#65 7 years ago

Lol.
    Shhh.

#66 7 years ago

Clowns never laughed before,
    beanstalks never grew...

#67 7 years ago

BRING ON LUCIFER!!!!

666_(resized).jpg666_(resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

OR :
    Superjoint Ritual.

#69 7 years ago

And someone lived in the belly of a giant whale for three days....

#70 7 years ago

Quote from my wife:

"I've never been to a Slayer show without there being multiple fires burning in the crowd."

She saw them 4 times during the 80s and 90s. Great band with awesome technical capability. At their best, there were few that could match their timing through very complex compositions.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

» YouTube video

Satanic metal started it all in 1970 as far as metal goes, "Satan sitting there he's smiling"
    Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong. And I'll buy a Slayer pin without question if it does actually happen!

#72 7 years ago

Robert Johnson got Ozzy by 40 years.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

At their best, there were few that could match their timing through very complex compositions.

And that still stands true today

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Robert Johnson got Ozzy by 40 years.

I'm talkin metal, not rock or blues

#75 7 years ago

Robert Johnson is metal as fuck.
    Bow down.

#76 7 years ago

Hank Williams Sr. : metal as fck.

#77 7 years ago

I would buy a slayer pin in a heart beat . No. Questions. Asked .

#78 7 years ago

Me at the Colosseum in Rome a month or so ago. I usually play tourneys sporting a Slayer t-shirt. You will definitely see one at Pinburgh.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sure if you like a good snuff film.

If you think that was good, you need to watch some real snuff films

#80 7 years ago

I would buy a Slayer pin if it has good rules (MET&ACDC) and not bad rules like KISS
    and good artwork...

I prefer: SR x LFS

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I love me some metal - but leave the satanic crap out of it please.

Hell NO, its Slayer! it needs to be evil as F**K! its the one pin that should be completely over the top. i want pentagrams, inverted crosses and blood everywhere!!!! black and red theme surely.

but to be fair i dont think its a mainstream enough a title for stern to make. compared to Slayer, metallica are mainstream as hell. its probably too niche a market for a pin. if you aint into slayer you are gonna hate it. but slayer fans are renowned for their fanaticism, so it might just work. i would buy one, i would have to buy one as its my missus all time favourite band.

anyway, if it appears id love to hear:
    Raining Blood, Angel of Death, South of Heaven, Spill the Blood, Piece by Piece, Hell Awaits, Chemical Warfare, War Ensemble, Postmortem, Seasons in the Abyss, Dead Skin Mask, Black Magic, Die By the Sword.

bring it stern, i dare ya, i double dare ya!

20150930_204841_(resized).jpg20150930_204841_(resized).jpg

#82 7 years ago

What this guy said! And hey, Gary Stern approves.

Quoted from cycochris:

Hell NO, its Slayer! it needs to be evil as F**K! its the one pin that should be completely over the top. i want pentagrams, inverted crosses and blood everywhere!!!! black and red theme surely.
    but to be fair i dont think its a mainstream enough a title for stern to make. compared to Slayer, metallica are mainstream as hell. its probably too niche a market for a pin. if you aint into slayer you are gonna hate it. but slayer fans are renowned for their fanaticism, so it might just work. i would buy one, i would have to buy one as its my missus all time favourite band.
    anyway, if it appears id love to hear:
    Raining Blood, Angel of Death, South of Heaven, Spill the Blood, Piece by Piece, Hell Awaits, Chemical Warfare, War Ensemble, Postmortem, Seasons in the Abyss, Dead Skin Mask, Black Magic, Die By the Sword.
    bring it stern, i dare ya, i double dare ya!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Nope - I roll with Christian metal DEVIL WEARS PRADA

Didn't know they were "Christian". They have some good stuff.

Another cool band, supposedly Christian, are Underoath. They have some awesome music, I play it all the time.

I don't care if a band is "Christian" or "not Christian" As a musician, let your music do the talking, and stay true to what you believe in, whatever it is. That's what matters.

rd.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

Hell NO, its Slayer! it needs to be evil as F**K! its the one pin that should be completely over the top. i want pentagrams, inverted crosses and blood everywhere!!!!

+1!!!!!!!!!!

The Rob Zombie pinball had so much potential with this regard.

Lucifer riding in a hot rod and a flying witch??? Ugh!

Not to mention, they forgot to invert the cross on the right slingshot. Ugh!

What a let down for such killer artwork!

#85 7 years ago

I'm not a fan of Slayer (too hardcore metal for me) but what I would like is Anthrax. I actually met Scoot Ian at Boston Comic-CON and got his new autobiography signed. I mentioned to him an Anthrax Pinball machine would be awesome. Believe it or not he said he wants badly a Metallica game and has friends at Stern. He doesn't think it would happen though because Anthrax isn't as popular as say Metallica. I had to disagree with him there. Still though I found it pretty cool he is also a Pinball fan.

#86 7 years ago

Can't see it happening, but I'd be on it like a winter coat... Goodbye Star Trek! lol

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Didn't know they were "Christian". They have some good stuff.
    Another cool band, supposedly Christian, are Underoath. They have some awesome music, I play it all the time.
    I don't care if someone is "Christian" or "not Christian" Let your music do the talking, and stay true to what you believe in, whatever it is. That's what matters.
    (And whatever you're into, don't rub it in my face, I'm big enough to make up my own mind what I want to believe in...and listen too).
    rd.

Yes - Underoath is awesome. August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Demon Hunter are great too.

I'm not saying Slayer isn't a super talented band - I just can't support them.

And I'm not trying to push anything on anyone - just pointing out alternatives for people like me that love metal but hate the satanic junk.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

What this guy said! And hey, Gary Stern approves.

You're 12 hours too late, pal!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wait-is-over-now-only-hell-awaits#post-3259815

#89 7 years ago

Complete San Diego's Comic Con HoB show:

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

And I'm not trying to push anything on anyone - just pointing out alternatives for people like me that love metal but hate the satanic junk.

Sorry, wasn't referring to you, was meaning the band. I edited the post to convey that better.

rd

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

If they make Aerosmith and Slayer before Iron Maiden I am moving to Canada...

Unless it's code name for MOTORHEAD

#92 7 years ago

I could care less about Christian or satanic labels when it comes to music . Fast hard and heavy is what matters to me . Sometimes the music needs to grow on me . Lamb of god Is my fav but it took me a year or two before they clicked for me .

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Complete San Diego's Comic Con HoB show:
    » YouTube video

Its been nearly 2 years since Ive seen Slayer live. Im long overdue! This pin has to happen!

#94 7 years ago

Are we really thinking Slayer over Arosmith at Stern? That'd be great for me.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

As a musician, let your music do the talking, and stay true to what you believe in, whatever it is. That's what matters.
    rd.

Spot on RD, as usual.
    Righty Ho !

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

My boys Demiricous opened up for DWP. I left after Demiricous.

Did you ever get your hat?

ca3cd3b15c2d9143f693626d29130e94abc8da1a_(resized).jpgca3cd3b15c2d9143f693626d29130e94abc8da1a_(resized).jpg

#97 7 years ago

Sunioj LEs?

#98 7 years ago

If it's Slayer, heavy metal or another typical Stern rock band pin, I'm all out. I realize many here like that and that's fine. I don't want to come across as hating on your themes and hope whatever the next few Stern pins are they will be awesome. Pins with rock band themes just aren't my thing at all. That said, I do enjoy the game play, just not the theme, of AC/DC a lot and also Metallica.

#99 7 years ago

Satanic or Christian labels, some people take it too far. They are stories of horror or enlightenment, no more. Doesn't mean those who convey those stories are evil or God loving. I like Slayer, I also liked Stryper back in the day, 2 totally different extremes, but good music.

#100 7 years ago

Hello Satan, it's me Iron Maiden. (The prophesied and highly anticipated next music pin from Stern!)

iron_maiden_(resized).jpgiron_maiden_(resized).jpg

Either that or it's a Vault Edition of Rolling Stones with updated images of the band members to reflect their current ages, and a set list with actual good songs from the band.

There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wait-is-over-now-only-hell-awaits/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.