Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 260 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TicTacSeth
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D7D8DEAA-BAB9-4E77-95BD-107112CC96DE (resized).jpeg
    ED5FAB19-BE13-4C71-9F22-FF4E53478293 (resized).jpeg
    97448 (resized).jpeg
    42C38E5D-0F6B-47F5-AC0F-51B6561E4018 (resized).jpeg
    1221A343-9DE3-4190-90B8-AD86A0A01406 (resized).png
    20210612_183307 (resized).jpg
    20210401_130321 (resized).jpg
    819C678D-657A-42B9-9FFB-EB479E9CE1CD (resized).png
    Screenshot_2021-06-12-13-28-16 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20210604_213956410 (resized).jpg
    3637e81fd5e7ef6e943e105fb62175e2.gif
    dd8c2bea-aaca-485f-88f9-382d03ee3fc0_200_10.gif
    F6067316-081A-4047-A06D-B8E0434F201F (resized).jpeg
    There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 2 years ago

It's a good thing we are all into pinball, with this shit weather. just reminded myself how badly I suck at JP.

#102 2 years ago

Working in the beautiful town of Paterson NJ.

Quoted from yzfguy:

It's a good thing we are all into pinball, with this shit weather. just reminded myself how badly I suck at JP.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Working in the beautiful town of Paterson NJ.

Well THAT sucks!

#104 2 years ago

Ended up getting one of these bad boys in a mail order (PA downside) of Taylor Ham one time. Goes on the tree every year. Kinda just makes you hungry though.

Screenshot_20210529-133346_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-133346_Google (resized).jpg

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

As I told you before...Chatham is my hometown and I always have to visit my mother on the weekends. What time you want me over?

Lol, how about half past the hour. Just follow your nose to the smell of smoking hickory over by the Colony Pool Club. Can’t be too many of us out there smoking today.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

Lol, how about half past the hour. Just follow your nose to the smell of smoking hickory over by the Colony Pool Club. Can’t be too many of us out there smoking today.

You literally live about 300 yards from where I grew up. Crazy....

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You literally live about 300 yards from where I grew up. Crazy....

You grew up??

#108 2 years ago

This is ham?

IMG_1726 (resized).PNGIMG_1726 (resized).PNG
    #109 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

This is ham?
    [quoted image]

Hard for me to tell if it's Taylor Ham, when all I can do is wonder what kinda sex chat this is....

Screenshot_20210529-161411 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210529-161411 (resized).png
    #111 2 years ago

and no mention of Mary Hill? I'm thinking we may have posers here!

#112 2 years ago

Medford checking in. Newer to the pin scene, but a Jersey lifer

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Medford checking in. Newer to the pin scene, but a Jersey lifer

Yea Medford here too, grew up there. Except I'm in Mount Laurel now, trying to move back to Medford or Medford Lakes eventually.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Moli410:

Yea Medford here too, grew up there. Except I'm in Mount Laurel now, trying to move back to Medford or Medford Lakes eventually.

Wait a sec...Im seeing your initials in your profile. Medford Chase?

#115 2 years ago

Pennsville ,Nj here.

#116 2 years ago

There is definitely a dividing line in NJ. North Jersey vs the 609ers. It’s been that way forever. Just sayin. I left in 87. I try to get back regularly. If you have never had a ripper at Rutts and played the AMF that’s been there forever I suggest you check it out.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

There is definitely a dividing line in NJ. North Jersey vs the 609ers. It’s been that way forever. Just sayin. I left in 87. I try to get back regularly. If you have never had a ripper at Rutts and played the AMF that’s been there forever I suggest you check it out.

Used to have one almost everyday for lunch during high school.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Used to have one almost everyday for lunch during high school.

How are you still alive???

#119 2 years ago

This weather SUCKS!

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

This weather SUCKS!

No worries: Tuesday will be beautiful.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No worries: Tuesday will be beautiful.

Yeah, I'm off Tuesday.... The wife and kids... Nope

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

How are you still alive???

When I was a kid, I could eat anything. I was a decent athlete so I burned it off working out.
    Today, not so much.

Then 6’3”, 175lbs. Now, 6’3”, 240lbs. Not good. At least I haven’t started to shrink yet.

#123 2 years ago

Will have worked Saturday, Sunday and Monday. What are you guys complaining about?

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Will have worked Saturday, Sunday and Monday. What are you guys complaining about?

I'm complaining because I paid my dues and worked a career requiring nights, weekends and holidays. Now I'm off and it's cold and rainy!

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm complaining because I paid my dues and worked a career requiring nights, weekends and holidays. Now I'm off and it's cold and rainy!

I paid my dues there too, many many years. Glad to be done with it, and yes it sucks because its cold and rainy. Oh well, turn on the machines and play some pinball

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Now I'm off and it's cold and rainy!

Go over to boobs and drink all the alcohol eat all the good snacks then drop sbd's and blame the dog on the rotten smell

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Not having a doctor's paycheck, maybe?

#128 2 years ago

Hey, so this is where all you guys went!

I am NOT from NJ but i drive thru it every May to get to Allentown.

Can we talk about sandwiches here or is that forbiden?

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Hey, so this is where all you guys went!
    I am NOT from NJ but i drive thru it every May to get to Allentown.
    Can we talk about sandwiches here or is that forbiden?

You can talk about whatever the f**k you want here...and hopefully with a good sense of humor. You are even invited to stray well off topic. But please...no for sale ads.

#130 2 years ago

Good point, but I still can't afford to spend what people are spending on pinballs these days. I got a long while before retirement, I envy those who are there.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not having a doctor's paycheck, maybe?

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Good point, but I still can't afford to spend what people are spending on pinballs these days. I got a long while before retirement, I envy those who are there.

Don't wish your life away! It's nice to have a pension, but it's also nice waking up in the morning without everything hurting

#132 2 years ago

That whole Jawn shit is solid Philly.
    Any Jersyites using Jawn are guilty of cultural misappropriation.
    I have Taylor ham in my fridge right now.
    I like Jersey. Spent a week at Princeton and found it really nice & ate a ton of good Italian food.

#133 2 years ago

Philly can have "jawn". It sounds ridiculous.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You can talk about whatever the f**k you want here...and hopefully with a good sense of humor. You are even invited to stray well off topic. But please...no for sale ads.

I've thought about it...if you have something for sale and it's not at rip-off pricing, I think it's great if you offer it up here to fellow Jerseyans first. If nobody bites, then feel free to take it over to the no fun for sale thread that features people from a certain state with size envy.

#135 2 years ago

NOT Jersey....

jawn
    /jôn/
    nounDIALECT•US
    (chiefly in eastern Pennsylvania) used to refer to a thing, place, person, or event that one need not or cannot give a specific name to.
    "these jawns are very inexpensive"

#136 2 years ago

I have never heard of "jawns"

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I like Jersey. Spent a week at Princeton and found it really nice & ate a ton of good Italian food.

I grew up in God’s Country (i.e., Union County, NJ) and miss the great pizza joints and Italian delis everywhere. Nothing like it in the DC area.

#138 2 years ago
    224EB9F3-9FCD-4D73-B8BC-0A02CFD3188B (resized).jpeg224EB9F3-9FCD-4D73-B8BC-0A02CFD3188B (resized).jpeg
    #139 2 years ago

Jersey has a great reputation all over the country ! When I travelled ,got a lot of questions about it. Our former Governor and bridge gate, taxes, traffic , Bruce, the Jersey Turnpike, What Exit, etc. But my favorites were around the TV show "Jersey Shore".

In a work related meeting with about 300 people in a Gulf Coast State ( Name with held) and I am answering questions. One person stood up and asked if I knew Snookie and if so what was she really like?

I had to answer, I did not have the privilege of ever having met Miss Snookie. I did follow up with a question of my own, "did they know anyone from the show Swamp People" ? The answer was yes .

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Jersey has a great reputation all over the country ! When I travelled ,got a lot of questions about it. Our former Governor and bridge gate, taxes, traffic , Bruce, the Jersey Turnpike, What Exit, etc. But my favorites were around the TV show "Jersey Shore".
    In a work related meeting with about 300 people in a Gulf Coast State ( Name with held) and I am answering questions. One person stood up and asked if I knew Snookie and if so what was she really like?
    I had to answer, I did not have the privilege of ever having met Miss Snookie. I did follow up with a question of my own, "did they know anyone from the show Swamp People" ? The answer was yes .

I've met her. She lives in my neighborhood. I teach her nieces and nephews. Here she is trick or treating at my house.

20161031_163839 (resized).jpg20161031_163839 (resized).jpg
    #141 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've met her. She lives in my neighborhood. I teach her nieces and nephews. Here she is trick or treating at my house. [quoted image]

#142 2 years ago

That’s a great Snooki costume. I wonder where your neighbor purchased it?

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

That’s a great Snooki costume. I wonder where your neighbor purchased it?

Nope. That's her. But she actually doesn't like being called Snooki. Please call her Nicole.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

One person stood up and asked if I knew Snookie

We all have our own crosses to bear.
    You know how many people I had to take to the damn Cheers bar in Boston.......
    Thank God it closed

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But she actually doesn't like being called Snooki

And I don't like being called "the kid who farted during the SATs" but here we are.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

And I don't like being called "the kid who farted during the SATs" but here we are.

You really should have made that your Pinside name. Too long?

#147 2 years ago

I like the idea I’d an inner Jersey sale thread. Let’s do it.

#148 2 years ago

Currently at Steve's Burgers on the border of Garfield and Elmwood Park. Some of the best burgers in the state.

91114 (resized).jpeg91114 (resized).jpeg
    #149 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

It can't be a jersey thing. I'm born and raised here and I have never even heard that term!

its a Philly thing

#150 2 years ago

I have had way too many shots of jack already.

There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-void-for-new-jersey-people-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.