(Topic ID: 253285)

The verdict is in...Wonka is a wonder, and K***** is a wonker...

By Shastings

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinlawyer
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“The verdict is in...Wonka is a wonder, and K***** is a wonker...”

• K***** is right, Wonka is a fail (but not as much as Star Wars) 93 votes
    48%
  • K***** is so wrong, Wonka is great 100 votes
    52%

(193 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73504855_3127920420615644_8095656338098487296_n (resized).jpg
964F7EB2-6EEA-4457-A62C-3EB707B4007B (resized).jpeg
kaneda (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191012-105551 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 4 years ago

OP sounds way too invested in the opinions of others for their own happiness. And why listen if it upsets you so much?

Wonka is amazing. I also enjoy Kaneda's podcast. I'll even go further: I bet there is a high probability that he still buys that CE when its released. Wait and see. He clearly cares about the future of the game or he wouldn't keep bitching about it. The bottom line is that it shoots better and has more to offer than any other pin out there right now.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I listen to and enjoy Chris's (Kaneda) podcasts for the most part, but I long ago learned to disregard his pinball game opinions as highly subjective for the following reasons:
1. He tends to fixate on what he feels is missing or off in a particular game and not allow himself to get past this in order to formulate an objective overall assessment of the game. (example: JJP POTC)
2. Much of his actual firsthand gameplay experience seems to occur in public locations which, as a rule, typically provide less than an ideal environment in which to really experience what a game has to offer (let alone simply hear them).
3. With the exception of Batman 66 (the only game he has in his home), he can't seem to be bothered to make the effort to learn games' rules and develop an accurate understanding of their depth beyond his initial impression from limited gameplay (see #2). Accordingly, he tends to dismiss many rulesets as way too complicated - which in reality they aren't. (example: Stern Star Wars)
4. His overall pinball game knowledge is mainly limited to games produced since he has been in the hobby (last 5 years or so) or A-list 90's Bally/Williams games. (Example: his semi-recent "discovery" at a friend's place that 80's solid state games are actually fun!)

I don’t disagree with you. I shake my head in frustration when I hear him wishing the game was like a Blu-Ray of the movie rather than a fast-paced game that isn’t going to work the same with entire scenes playing. It isn’t a wood-chopper like Hobbit (and frankly those long ball time games tend to bore me to tears. To each their own). I’m not listening to him expecting in-depth historical knowledge, nor to agree with his particular tastes what constitutes a good-playing game.

Still, pinball needs a voice that is challenging the companies and pressuring them to try harder and deliver more. I don’t agree with a lot of what he says, but when I listen to the kind of apologist crap coming from podcasts like that Pinball Magazine foolishness, I’m glad he’s saying it.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

As a hobbit owner I understand loving a pin when lots of people don't like it . Wonka missed the mark in my opinion , by only having clips from the last half of the movie . My favourite parts are when the world is looking for golden tickets and Charlie is in school ect . Kaneda is my go to podcast and will probably get my twipy vote , but it he is so Wishy Washy and hypocritical , but the one thing that really makes me cringe is when he begs for money . Considering financially he is doing so well " please donate dollar a month " . I just picture him with a cardboard sign sitting on the footpath out the front of a building . If you're doing a podcast for the love of pinball Just Do It For The Love . ( or the hate) .

We found the one guy who passed on Wonka because they didn’t get the rights for “Cheer Up Charlie”.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-verdict-is-inwonka-is-a-wonder-and-k-is-a-wonker?tu=adipocere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.