(Topic ID: 253285)

The verdict is in...Wonka is a wonder, and K***** is a wonker...

By Shastings

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinlawyer
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“The verdict is in...Wonka is a wonder, and K***** is a wonker...”

• K***** is right, Wonka is a fail (but not as much as Star Wars) 93 votes
    48%
  • K***** is so wrong, Wonka is great 100 votes
    52%

(193 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73504855_3127920420615644_8095656338098487296_n (resized).jpg
964F7EB2-6EEA-4457-A62C-3EB707B4007B (resized).jpeg
kaneda (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191012-105551 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Overall, it’s one of my favorite games. I like it better than JP, so much more going on and a world above in terms of quality, depth and light show.

Sorry but that statement = Garbage. R U kidding, have u played JP?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

unless I am missing something.

Ur missing something alright. Its StarWars. R U putting SW's in the same theme category with Wonka?

Quoted from zaphX:

Star Wars had clips with sound and they get SO repetitive after hundreds of games.

U would need to give an example of a pinball machine where the clips and sound doesn't get repetitive after hundreds of games. U won't be able to because it doesn't exist. I think most people can handle SW's a lot longer than some other themes out there. At least I could. Some pins, TWD, MET, BK3 I had to attenuate the call outs to the point that they are inaudible.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:A premium/Le jp does not compare to a standard/le wonka for the same price. There is so much more to wonka.

Well now u went from garbage to high grade commercial toxic waste.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly my point. They get annoying and repetitive so how can the lack of them be a deal-breaker on a pin?

Does anyone with a JJPOTC complain about the assets? Nope.

Well usually at first people want it loaded so the fact its lacking might pay off after 100's of plays but initially its a let down for some (not me) who knows and more importantly who cares. One thing I've learned is even if the "deal-breaker" rederick is strong at release its doesn't mean anything in the long term. How many pins have been torn to shreds upon release only to gain high praise in time and from the same folk who considered it a flop?

Quoted from steigerpijp:

Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love!

Yeah but very often the lovers can't accept that someone else hates it. Wonkas not for me but if it was and I loved it I wouldn't give 2 shits what anyone else thinks, I would have to try and tear apart their theories however, not because I care what they think its just so damn fun.

Oh and to the OP, why r u listening to Kaneda? You see in ur poll u had to throw "not as much as SW's" seems to be ur looking for some kind of justification. Was SW's a fail? I didn't know that and I didn't know Wonka was being considered a fail, I mean what constitutes a fail? Low sales? the majority disliking it while you love? Man all those things would only making even more special to me. You want to know what a fail is. Batwoman, Captain Marvel, The Phantom Menace, WWE pin and ofcourse 3D.

Love ur Wonka and stop caring what anyone else thinks. Good day to u sirs, I said good day.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

JJP has clearly stated they wanted this game to go on route but im being told i need to play it in a home. That's an inherently flawed design. If i play a wonka on route and have a miserable time. The response is well you either need to find someone that has one or drop 8k to buy one yourself. Both are terrible piss ass solutions. JJP butchered the theme the same way Stern did Star wars. Pirates code is twice as confusing but most people like it because its fun and you can do cool things without having to dive fdeep into the code. Stern just updated Ghostbusters code made the game easier, cleaned up a lot of the frustrating elements and boom people are loving the game again. If the code and use of assets are so amazing like home buyers are saying why do so many people continue to complain about it. There is way more negative buzz about it and the only people truly enjoying the game are those who own it. For those who like the game im happy you like it. I'm in the boat that says it could have much better and less confusing.

Also news flash every game is better played in a home environment. For those defending lets come up with a new defense argument one that couldnt be applied to every game in existence

If JJP released a box full of shit called the Manure Pit Pinball Machine Skyemont would find it to be a sweet smelling new experience.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sure would Jerkoff. I mean Hazoff.

Wow. That's brilliant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-verdict-is-inwonka-is-a-wonder-and-k-is-a-wonker?tu=Hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.