Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,324 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by prl867
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7887 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7890 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7886 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
    20231017_110041 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7095 (resized).jpeg
    20230324_080041 (resized).jpg
    20230324_075831 (resized).jpg
    20230324_080037 (resized).jpg
    20230324_075858 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6869 (resized).jpeg
    71365100550__8FDB284D-DA99-4986-92AF-B4BBAB0A3FCE (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0210 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6266 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncivil_engineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#422 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I call BS on VitalVegas...tweet what you want but is it April 1st?
    with GPS and other modern survey equipment how can it be 8 feet off? The marker on my property from different companies at different times were about 1-2" off.

I’ve worked in civil engineering and land surveying for years. Monuments take priority over measurements in just about every state. A good surveyor lays out property lines based on the monuments found in the field. It’s virtually impossible to exactly duplicate the measurements of past surveys and the maps based on them. These kind of errors are pretty rare, but when they happen, it usually end up in court.

2 months later
    #545 2 years ago

Quarters vs tokens:
    Having worked in the arcade industry for a while at both locations that used token and ones based on quarters: you gradually loose tokens over time. It becomes a yearly expense to replace them. The upside is your cash is all concentrated in one location (the change machine). A lot of larger arcades do this for this reason.

If you use quarters you tend to gain quarters over time, even if you have change machines. You will always have people bring in their own change to spend.

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

As a business owner.....cash is king.....no fees or anything else to worry about. And as any operator will tell you, employees were the biggest thieves when it came to emptying the cash boxes. On the other hand, as an owner, very easy to make a cash box contents to easily disappear without a paper trail.

I was a small operator when I was in college, and it was the 'cash' portion of the business that enabled me to survive.

2 months later
    #727 2 years ago

I was there today, and yup, it was packed again. I played some of my old favorites, and some of the new pins. I did run across a few problems, and I took the time to right them down in the trouble notebook at the front counter. I’m hoping to get a chance to work on a few games there next time the Banning crew pays a visit.

6 months later
    #935 1 year ago

Having had my hands in a few of the solid state games at TPHOF, I don’t think having a few more techs on hand will help much. A lot of those games are just plain worn out, and really need to be sold off or restored.

You need to remember the TPHOF has been in operation for a long time, and a lot of the games have been operating a lot longer than anyone every expected. Trying to fix then ends up becoming an endless game of whack-a-mole of problem, and I think that’s the state of a lot of those games.

1 month later
    #961 1 year ago

It's stuff like this that sometimes keeps me up at night. Luckily, I haven't had one bust this bad when working on a project.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncivil_engineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-vegas-phof-opens-tomorrow-4-14-21-in-new-location-?tu=uncivil_engineer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.