Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,324 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by prl867
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7887 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7890 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7886 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
    20231017_110041 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7095 (resized).jpeg
    20230324_080041 (resized).jpg
    20230324_075831 (resized).jpg
    20230324_080037 (resized).jpg
    20230324_075858 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6869 (resized).jpeg
    71365100550__8FDB284D-DA99-4986-92AF-B4BBAB0A3FCE (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0210 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6266 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago

Best wishes Tim and crew !

LTG : )

1 week later
    #66 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Sometimes when running a business you are just having a bad day. And sometimes if you are extremely tired you are having a bad day just having to be at work.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

From the customers side of things -

And people working there,or customers there. We are all human. We can and do make mistakes.

I know in 48+ years of dealing with customers, I've made a mistake or two. And in the same time frame my customers have made a mistake or two.

There are times to consider the other point of view. Forgive. Forget. Move on.

Not every interaction needs to be written in stone.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

One trick I learned in North Carolina is you don’t have to wear a mask when holding a drink in your hand.

Isn't it hard playing pinball one handed and a drink in the other hand ?

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

What is "brooking no nonsense"?

Brook is a stuffy way of saying put up with.

2 weeks later
    #181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You sir are greatly mistaken. I always defend the armchair. Humans have been sitting for a lot longer than playing pinball.

Right you are.

And as we get older. We often have more to sit with and really enjoy our arm chairs.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

which number best approximates the percentage of net proceeds that the LVPCC [dba PHOF] has unconditionally donated [actually given away] to charities since its inception in 2006?

It's a non profit thing. Public information. You should be able to look it up somewhere.

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

it was a rhetorical question.

Well excuse me. I don't speak rhetorical.

6 months later
    #617 2 years ago

MrBally Thank you for the pictures !

1 month later
    #681 2 years ago
    Quoted from emguy:

Bummer that on one side the “B” in “Pinball” is already out.

New sign. Should be an easy fix. Once you have a truck with a lift to get up there.

Beautiful sign. Thank everyone for the pictures.

#714 2 years ago
    Quoted from emguy:

Good story about how the Pinball Circus ended up at the PHOF.

The game was one test for a couple years, longer than most test games. It was then stored for years. Mike Pacak got it to Pinball Expo in 2005. I had it at my Pinball Circus in the spring of 2006.

We stored it until August and Greg Kemnitz took it to The Pinball Hall of Fame and met Steve Kordek and his wife and later had dinner with them.

1 week later
    #770 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

One thing's for certain, that new facility will outlive Tim, so eventually you'll all get to see how someone else runs the place.

Tim was talking about calling it a day at 65. Apparently that isn't in the plans any more.

If it isn't pieced out and sold off and never again. ( I hope not after all Tim's done ) any future owner(s) will have huge shoes to fill. Tim is running the most successful arcade there has ever been.

Long live Tim and the PHOF !

2 weeks later
    #792 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Most of the world looks at the place and says, "huh? Pinball, like from the 80s? Oh, it's free admission to the hall of fame?.. Maybe we should check it out."

Some of the museums in Las Vegas charge to get in. Good to have free admission on the sign.

4 weeks later
    #843 2 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Once it's installed it's probably faster than navigating the menus on an SS game.

Maybe it's the installing on 100 games and removing later.

A lot of work for one day.

4 months later
    #904 1 year ago
    Quoted from m00nmuppet:

PHoF is, first and foremost, an old-school arcade - with everything that implies. For those of us who grew up on those arcades and miss them, it's a little slice of paradise. Well, big slice, with the new location.

And also the most successful arcade ever.

Thank you Tim !

2 months later
    #977 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Tim should swallow his pride and contact the guys at FunSpot in NH. Similar operation, and rarely have I seen more than a few units down at any given time. He's got to lose the "control freak" attitude.

Is FunSpot giving $500K a year to charity ?

If not. Tim is still running the most successful arcade there has ever been.

#979 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Have you ever been out there Lloyd?

No.

I'm an operator. I'm not passion about it. It always comes down to the cashbox.

And Tim isn't doing everything wrong.

What works for PHOF may not be the same as other places.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

I'm not trying to come off as a prick,

I don't think you are.

And if there is ever a PHOF beyond Tim. We'll see if it's better, worse, or gone.

#982 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

knows how to run an arcade better than Tim Arnold and LTG.

No. His input is important. And to be considered. That is what this forum is for.

A lot of people would like to see a lot of things different.

No way of knowing what the result would be though. Unless tried. All pristine games and fully working. Could earn more. Could earn less.

No blanket answer for every location.

#992 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Imagine if they only gave $400k to charity and spent $100k on improvements or a full time tech. For that price you could maybe even get 2 full time techs.

But here's the big question. Will their gross go up ? or down ?

#998 1 year ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

SOMEBODY has to make descions on things, and a lot of the time, that person is me.

Thank you Tim !

8 months later
    #1250 10 months ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Video games helped pinball,

During the video game fad about 1979 to 1982 50,000 new arcades opened up in the USA. And they all couldn't get the latest and greatest video games. So often filled the spots with pinball machines.

Which really boosted pinball sales.

#1255 10 months ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I wish WMS gave Pin2K more time.

It did better than they hoped. And wasn't tied to one playfield level either. Wizard Blocks and Playboy would have been great. When they came out a lot of pinball people weren't crazy about them. But the non pinball people shoved a lot of money in them.

The head of Williams Midway told me that later that division would make one or two a year. But that never came to be. And limited like that the P2K platform wouldn't have evolved like the Williams DMD era did.

4 months later
    #1291 6 months ago
    Quoted from prl867:

(no existing schematics either)

We ran into that when we shopped it after my party Spring 2006. Four of us spent 8 hours on it to get everything up to speed.

If it powers up, you can step through each switch, lamp, coil, and flasher, to get wire colors and connector and fuse and transistor information.

Stop on item, hit the start button, then keep pressing the "+" diagnostic button which steps you through all the information for that item.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-vegas-phof-opens-tomorrow-4-14-21-in-new-location-?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.