Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
    like.jpg
    CAM00038.jpg
    CAM00039.jpg
    DSC03322.jpg
    DSC04686.jpg
    FS_555-LED.jpg
    .jpg
    IMG_20130306_093609.jpg
    IMG_20130214_180347_(1).jpg
    SM_Green_Goblin_Pumpkin_Bomb_mod_007.JPG
    Ohh_Yea_!!.gif
    SM_,_New_Leds_and_Mods_002.JPG
    SM_,_New_Leds_and_Mods_001.JPG
    2008_Spiderman_017.JPG
    2008_Spiderman_016.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Retropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 11 years ago

MMmm.. how much heat comes from a #47?? Not a lot. While i agree that the notion of heating some nichrome wire to white hot to produce light does seem a bit archaic, they generally tend to glow a warm yellowish colour which for my mainly EM set up is just the ticket.. and no i dont like the off white yellow of LED...

... Do they add value?? Well not in my book and just because a seller spent a few hundred on a new lighting system doesnt mean im prepared to pay for that... good on you for doing it, but you really did it for yourself and noone else.
    Less energy from your power source ( mains) is laughable.. less strain the connectors - yes but if you are under the illusion that you can get extra machines on an outlet simply because you installed LED then you are severely misguided.
    So what do i want to buy?? Cheap incandescent #47 made in China or expensive LED from China?

Each to their own.

#111 11 years ago

We are but simple creatures and like to look at pretty lights.. its in our nature. LEDs are new and a lot of people like new things as they believe that new is always better.. but when you can divide the spectrum to its base colours of blue red and green.. put them all together singularly, stand back and enjoy, you can rest assured that all sense of taste has been lost and the " i just vomitted the light spectrum on all my pins" is merely a passing fad brought about by over enthusiasm.
    Those that feel compelled to LED all thier machines really do need to get a hobby

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Retropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-value-in-leds?tu=Retropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.