Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

area51 (resized).PNG
    0B033F21-0F10-4E5D-8BDD-1EE8824E6E79 (resized).jpeg
    20221231_165143 (resized).jpg
    20221231_123310 (resized).jpg
    Wilderness (resized).jpg
    mav (resized).PNG
    313A00FE-0CFE-476E-9EF7-73775A1307C0 (resized).jpeg
    1969_compton-ca_side (resized).jpg
    zr2 (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    7e25e40e4ab125cda5a9a8e0cf084dba (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.54.22 PM (resized).jpg
    e5a593ab7270df18ab14efd5b30f21a2b09dfd0f (resized).jpg
    FCCCE7AC-6AA0-49D8-B0C9-1766A3C08ECB (resized).jpeg
    E976EBE4-BAC1-472F-8F84-6AC739C96070 (resized).jpeg
    C500D416-639A-419F-BE1B-F6362C64AABB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

That’s actually better than the the one at my dealer, 15k. Broncos were 15-25k.

There was a video forced on me in my Facebook feed yesterday that showed a new Bronco getting an "oil change", light brown pancake batter poured out. Odd observation, oil drain plug was a plastic hand screw thingee....I assume the idiot drove through a lake, but god that design looked so cheap.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Add that to the .5 mpg Hondas save by not keeping the battery fully charged. Batteries in my Hondas last about 2 years max. Batteries in my Toyota go 4 to 5 as they should.

What the hell? When I finally get rid of my 13' MDX Advance, If I get something with the engine shutdown I WILL find a way to permanently disable it. I also guess I won't be buying another Honda/Acura if they have that battery nonsense. I previously owned an 05' TL, bought it with 15k, drove it until 170k, literally nothing broke, nothing. That is the only reason I bought the MDX instead of a Tahoe. Should have bought the Tahoe, I've had so much work done on the MDX (All under warranty until it expired in December) its like owning an American or German Vehicle. (My Sierras and BMW 7 series were repair nightmares).

The MDX engine and suspension failures are cool btw...

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

If you buy your battery from a place that doesn't give you a hard time, it's not so bad. Most places offer free replacement if a battery fails within 3 years. so you are practically guaranteed a new battery at year 2. Where it becomes a hassle is when places try to fuc* with ya. Advanced Auto likes to play this game where they want to throw it on the charger then test the battery. You can't accurately test a car battery that way. There is a memory from the charge for a few hours afterwards. But most people don't know and just say screw it and buy a new battery vs the hassle. When you call them on the BS they give you the new battery.

I had a battery from Autozone freeze solid (Bulging horribly). Brought it in and they threw it on their "tester". Told me it was fine. I laughed, "So frozen, bulging batteries are fine at Autozone?" Guy says....Um, no.. "So replace it" (was under warranty)....Idiot continues with the "It tests fine" BS...I was having a bad day, and wasn't in the mood for lack of brain activity....Long story short, they mentioned calling the police after I borderline lost it. I told them to go right ahead, I'll wait right here. Which resulted in me walking out with a brand new battery, and never returning to an Autozone. Morons...

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

LMAO. I bought a set of front brake pads from Autozone for my CRV. After installing new rotors, I realized the pads had 3 outboard pads and 1 inboard pad. I was pissed. Took another vehicle to NAPA and got the correct parts. Returned everything to Autozone. Never got an apology over the grief, and when they asked what was wrong with the rotors, "Nothing, returning them for spite". Dead silence.

Ha, perfect

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

My favorite automotive parts supplier exchange after 22 years of buying parts for Firestone and AAMCO. We ran out of hand cleaner.
    Me: I need a tub of GoJo sent over, PO is supplies.
    NAPA: Do you want that with or without puss?
    Me: Puss? What are you talking about?
    NAPA: Puss. Do you want it with the grit in it?
    Me: Do you mean Pumice? If so yes.
    NAPA: Oh yeah, pumice.
    All time classic in the stupidity of ordering stuff.

I try to always order extra puss

#210 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A full page of people whining About their engine turning off and turning back on when the car stops.
    I can’t for the life of me figure out what you guys are complaining about, beyond the faint whiff of “eco terrorism” to the whole thing.
    I been driving around various rental cars for two weeks straight that all work like this and it doesn’t seem to be much of a problem. When I hit the gas, the car goes. When I stop the car, the car stops.
    OMG?

Curious, do you come into each thread and do this? You created a full page of back and forth in the New England for sale thread over nothing because you were whining about a guy linking Facebook pinball for sale ads. Lol. Btw, the auto off thing blows in the summer. I had a POS Jeep rental that did it and the A/C starts blowing hot air, absolutely stupid "innovation". Carry on

#258 2 years ago

My buddy has a rotted out 07' Avalanche with 400k, dealer offered him $12k lol. He's owned it since almost new, and has no intention of getting rid of it until it completely disintegrates.

1 month later
    #274 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Related to the car market sucking...filled up the tank today for $124. Yikes! That sucks too.

Just got gas today $87 for 3/4 of a tank, I agree.... Sucks and Blows (Just glad I don't own a diesel)

2 months later
    #303 1 year ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

I don’t see a single benefit of the keyless fobs?
    My mom keeps her push-start fob in her purse. She had my Dad drop her off somewhere while he continued on to another town in her car. He gets where he’s going and shuts the car off.. the key is over 40 minutes away with my Mom.
    No thanks..
    Given the opportunity, I’ll only buy early 90’s vehicles from this point forward. The fewer sensors and computers, the better.
    I wish I’d never sold my Bmw r90/6.. the thing came with a factory tool kit that would accommodate a roadside fix on 90% of anything the could reasonably go wrong. At least well enough to limp home.

Guess you never owned an e38, it came with a tool kit too, unfortunately you needed an entire shop full of tools to keep her on the road lol. Mine was one fast, fun to drive (when it worked), sexy beast. I still miss the TV tuner and cooled steering wheel, those were sick options (foot rests in the rear were cool too).

1 week later
    #317 1 year ago
    Quoted from PrinceOfPinside:

Did you ever have to replace your timing chain guides? That's what the M62's are notorious for, as they are made of plastic, become brittle over the years, and eventually break.
    I had a 2001 540i 6 speed with 190K that I had to ditch for that reason. Would have gotten the guides replaced, but the vehicle had some rust issues I didn't feel like dealing with at the time.

No issues there, and I beat the hell out of her. Tranny, and engine were solid. Things attached to engine, and suspension broke daily. One example..belt tensioner bolt wiggled loose, rounded out the bolt hole. Dealer wanted $5k to replace the timing cover. I drilled out the hole, inserted $10 Heli coil...fixed. Then those damn thrust bearings in the rear, fun replacement. Miss her tho, exact twin to the one in The Transporter.

1 month later
    #347 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd say keep driving it. My 2012 CR-V with 250K+ is still going strong, other than paint. I'm gonna keep it as long as I can. This market is still f'd up.

Ha, my wife has an 08', she's wants a Lexus...I'm ignoring it, can't kill the CRV.. just replaced the o-rings on the power steering for the second time...

1 week later
    #356 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I'd like a Maverick but looks like I'll wait a year to get one until hopefully the inventory increases.
    Friday we're going car shopping. GF wants a larger SUV than her 2016 Escape. Looking at 2019 & 2020 Honda Passports & Pilots and Toyota Highlanders. With a 15K trade and 3K in cash we're looking at 35-37K vehicles.

My father in-law has had his transmission replaced twice in his 19' Pilot, normal driving, low miles. I've made sure to change my tyranny fluid once a year in my Acura MDX after seeing what he's dealt with.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-used-car-market-sucks-rant?tu=irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.