Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

area51 (resized).PNG
    0B033F21-0F10-4E5D-8BDD-1EE8824E6E79 (resized).jpeg
    20221231_165143 (resized).jpg
    20221231_123310 (resized).jpg
    Wilderness (resized).jpg
    mav (resized).PNG
    313A00FE-0CFE-476E-9EF7-73775A1307C0 (resized).jpeg
    1969_compton-ca_side (resized).jpg
    zr2 (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    7e25e40e4ab125cda5a9a8e0cf084dba (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.54.22 PM (resized).jpg
    e5a593ab7270df18ab14efd5b30f21a2b09dfd0f (resized).jpg
    FCCCE7AC-6AA0-49D8-B0C9-1766A3C08ECB (resized).jpeg
    E976EBE4-BAC1-472F-8F84-6AC739C96070 (resized).jpeg
    C500D416-639A-419F-BE1B-F6362C64AABB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Me: "I'd just like to look it over, crawl underneath and test drive it.

What I hear is, " I want to come over and kick the tires. "

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Yeah, I would drive 5.5 hours roundtrip just to kick the tires.

So would I ( Matter of fact, I did that in the early 80s; But is was more like 10 hours round trip. This was before digital photography and email. And the car was rust bucket ).

If the seller does not want the hassle there is not much you can do.

Quoted from tomdrum:

I don't think asking for a single picture before driving 5.5 hours is asking the seller to bend over backwards. Would you drive that distance to buy a 16year old pin if the seller refused a picture of the playfield?

It would depend on the pin. I always demanded pictures, but always made sure the seller knew I was on the way with cash and that I was coming to make a not-tire-kicker-no-hassle buy.

Quoted from tomdrum:

It's still for sale.

In the old days of newspapers and before Craiglist, when you had to pay to place an ad that only lasted for a week or 2 weeks or just weekends, when your ad was close to expiring, you might start getting real price and negotiating friendly. Just because you placed an ad did not mean you made a sale. There was more than one instance where calling an ad from and old newspaper and asking if the "unit" was still for sale would bring a reply of, "Yes". And then you could make a deal .

Then Craigslist came along and a seller can keep something up for sale for months, if not years, and gets to place the ad for free. It is hard to bargain with someone in this position; Especially, when what is for sale is not eating anything.

If it is still for sale in a couple more weeks, then maybe the seller will be more friendly. This is where you be nice, play nice. Contact the seller again and say you are "still interested in having a look. Here is my phone number if we can work something out. "

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Get a gen1 Scion xB:
    -Super cheap
    -Great on gas
    -Never break
    -Can fit a pin

304,000 miles, hail damage, new tires and battery. For $2300.00. I have been out of the car market for too long. for 304,000 miles, why is it for sale?

dallas.craigslist.org link

Quoted from Asmig:

If half of it hangs out the back maybe

Wrong Scion.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

I just drive/maintain vehicles that are older and kinda cool. No payments!
    76 pacer real estate car
    98 jeep Cherokee for camping/skiing/pin hauling
    [quoted image]

How is the '76 Pacer for finding parts? I don't think you could find one in a salvage yard.

1 month later
    #116 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I took my 2012 Soul in to the local KIA dealer for service on Monday. Looked at the new cars.
    The lot was half empty, No Niro's or Rios, No K5's, No Soul EV's, Most of the Forte's were in my "Favorite" color: Fleet Sale White, Only a few SOULs, a Couple of Stingers and a limited number of Seltos's.
    Everything had a Marked-up price of $7,200-$14,000 mark up.
    Looks like I'll be putting off buying a new car for a while.

All the car lots around here are spreading out their inventory to make the lots look fuller than they are.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

Picking up this 2017 grand caravan tomorrow. 23,000 miles garage kept 1 owner. Looks better than new.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The green plants on this

e5a593ab7270df18ab14efd5b30f21a2b09dfd0f (resized).jpge5a593ab7270df18ab14efd5b30f21a2b09dfd0f (resized).jpg

remind me of this

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.54.22 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.54.22 PM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-used-car-market-sucks-rant?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.