Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

area51 (resized).PNG
    0B033F21-0F10-4E5D-8BDD-1EE8824E6E79 (resized).jpeg
    20221231_165143 (resized).jpg
    20221231_123310 (resized).jpg
    Wilderness (resized).jpg
    mav (resized).PNG
    313A00FE-0CFE-476E-9EF7-73775A1307C0 (resized).jpeg
    1969_compton-ca_side (resized).jpg
    zr2 (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    7e25e40e4ab125cda5a9a8e0cf084dba (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.54.22 PM (resized).jpg
    e5a593ab7270df18ab14efd5b30f21a2b09dfd0f (resized).jpg
    FCCCE7AC-6AA0-49D8-B0C9-1766A3C08ECB (resized).jpeg
    E976EBE4-BAC1-472F-8F84-6AC739C96070 (resized).jpeg
    C500D416-639A-419F-BE1B-F6362C64AABB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShinyBall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I had to cancel my Duramax Silverado order. Sucks. Now I'm on the Silverado EV list. See that how this goes. I can't see bringing a diesel to a place where diesel is 8 bucks a gallon and only going up?

You are now a participant of the "plan"

#242 2 years ago

Crazy times...I have a 2020 colorado zr2 orange crush that I bought new july of 2020..my dealer is offering a BUYOUT for $400 more then I paid for it.
    I LOVE this truck...but Damn! that is hard to resist..(that color has been discontinued for 2022) love it or hate it it..I happed to love it.

zr2 (resized).jpgzr2 (resized).jpg
    #246 2 years ago

Thanks all!!! 7800 miles..you guys liking this helps

Thinking of adding a supercharger to it lol

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not so sure that selling even at a profit is worth it at this point. Can you replace it for less? I've been looking at getting a new truck, but the price of the same thing I bought in 2010 is 20k more??? It's crazy. I will probably drive this until it falls apart, and then weld it back together and it will still be cheaper to fix it than buy another truck.

Yeah, I have the ability to wait...I have other vehicles to drive, so that makes it a lot easier to let it go not having to replace immediately.. I am also am thinking of the silverado ev like others have mentioned...even though I am Far far away from being "green".

#256 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Who the heck is buying these from the dealers? I guess if you wreck your vehicle and have no choice, but damn I would keep repairing my vehicle before paying over new car prices for a used car. Crazy

My son just went through this. He had a dual cam that the lobes wore down (defect but out of warranty) where as the valves were not opening fully. (Ran fine down the road, but idled somewhat rough) it throws a code. The cost to do this work was more then his car was worth...AND, a 3 week wait. He was in a position to buy new and we found a dealer that had exactly what he wanted within driving distance., (Honda civic sport hatch)..but he needed it NOW! He got lucky. MSRP, but that is better then what a bunch of dealers are doing over. Still crazy anyway you look at it..and he actually got about 2.5k more then what we thought it was worth..so yes, who in the heck buys that?? It looked awesome. The dealer moved it on. Looking it up a few weeks later we saw it listed 25miles away at a small car lot..(in so called excellent condition) for twice the price we got...ha. Sure does "look" nice though.

I should also mention that 2 other guys at my club sold their trucks to dealers for at / more then what they paid..one was 1yr old and the other 2yrs old, all depends on what it is. That is why I looked into this. 6 months to a year after ordering a new one?? nope.
    Now that the price of fuel is up, guessing will not be as good for those diesel trucks.

4 months later
    #325 1 year ago

in post #242 I mentioned that my dealer offered (after 2 years of driving) $400 more then I paid for it. I did not bite. After filling out a CarMax offer to buy outright a few times, I got a offer that I couldn't refuse. I took the printed offer to them with my truck, not expecting them to totally honor it. They did, 2k over what I paid including taxes.
    (I did buy with incentives at the time).

We live in crazy times!! when it used to be you lost $ as soon as you drove it out the lot. Trucks are hot down south if it's a popular one. They shipped it south..and it sold in a little more then a week. They also made 2k plus..everyone happy.
    vin check.

I can wait for the whole new model to be released in 23.. prob a zr2 desert boss edition. They paid me 2k to drive it for 2yrs. Awesome.

1 month later
    #366 1 year ago

Just keep a copy of your vin number, wherever they send it, you usually can search/track it when it's listed and see what it's going for until it actually sells.

3 months later
    #369 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Car market getting any better? ... may be in for a new car for the wife this year

Yes, but if you wait a little longer you will see more incentives. (Doing same thing, although my truck won't be available till April) There are some incentives already... Will be more as dealers have lots of stock and lots more on the way, and time are tough for many.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShinyBall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-used-car-market-sucks-rant?tu=ShinyBall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.