Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 366 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ShinyBall
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wilderness (resized).jpg
    mav (resized).PNG
    313A00FE-0CFE-476E-9EF7-73775A1307C0 (resized).jpeg
    1969_compton-ca_side (resized).jpg
    zr2 (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    7e25e40e4ab125cda5a9a8e0cf084dba (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.54.22 PM (resized).jpg
    e5a593ab7270df18ab14efd5b30f21a2b09dfd0f (resized).jpg
    FCCCE7AC-6AA0-49D8-B0C9-1766A3C08ECB (resized).jpeg
    E976EBE4-BAC1-472F-8F84-6AC739C96070 (resized).jpeg
    C500D416-639A-419F-BE1B-F6362C64AABB (resized).jpeg
    0E93A8DC-EA64-4CD8-ACE9-0D197CC41828 (resized).jpeg
    AA36CDDA-383A-4A98-B6EA-AD90E114AA8D (resized).jpeg
    7872089C-80A3-4DF1-BDCB-E1510A535551 (resized).jpeg
    3574178F-0B56-402D-B177-F3AB5B13B0D0 (resized).jpeg

There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 7 days ago

2023 Ford Maverick order banks opened Thursday evening. Per this letter from Ford, they will close by the middle of the week. I got MSRP with no dealer fees. And now for the long wait...

mav (resized).PNG

#352 3 days ago

Maverick Hybrid pre-order banks closed last night. Ecoboost closes tonight. There are dealers now upcharging thousands above MSRP even for preorders.

I just hope I actually get mine.

#353 3 days ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Maverick Hybrid pre-order banks closed last night. Ecoboost closes tonight. There are dealers now upcharging thousands above MSRP even for preorders.
    I just hope I actually get mine.

I'd like a Maverick but looks like I'll wait a year to get one until hopefully the inventory increases.

Friday we're going car shopping. GF wants a larger SUV than her 2016 Escape. Looking at 2019 & 2020 Honda Passports & Pilots and Toyota Highlanders. With a 15K trade and 3K in cash we're looking at 35-37K vehicles.

#354 3 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I'd like a Maverick but looks like I'll wait a year to get one until hopefully the inventory increases.
    Friday we're going car shopping. GF wants a larger SUV than her 2016 Escape. Looking at 2019 & 2020 Honda Passports & Pilots and Toyota Highlanders. With a 15K trade and 3K in cash were looking at 35-37K vehicles.

May seem boring but keep what you got, use those monthly payments for monthly excursions. You guys aren’t married to car payments are you?

#355 3 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I may be waiting a year for the one I ordered this weekend. I hope not.

#356 3 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Friday we're going car shopping. GF wants a larger SUV than her 2016 Escape. Looking at 2019 & 2020 Honda Passports & Pilots and Toyota Highlanders. With a 15K trade and 3K in cash we're looking at 35-37K vehicles.

My father in-law has had his transmission replaced twice in his 19' Pilot, normal driving, low miles. I've made sure to change my tyranny fluid once a year in my Acura MDX after seeing what he's dealt with.

#357 3 days ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

May seem boring but keep what you got, use those monthly payments for monthly excursions. You guys aren’t married to car payments are you?

No current car payments for either of us. She paid off the last car loan in less that 1/2 the term with double payments and with an almost 800 credit score, rates will be as low as they can be given the current market.

The Escape needs to go. Twice now after it sat for a couple days a large puff of white smoke left the tailpipe. After doing research the Ford Eco-Boost engines have a design flaw that allows small cracks to develop, and coolant enters the cylinders. Ford is facing 3 class action lawsuits which just moved forward when a judge combined them. Ford's solution to the problem is to sell you a new engine with the same flaw they knew existed since 2010. Trade value is so high, time to dump it before the problem gets worse.

https://www.lieffcabraser.com/2021/05/ford-ecoboost-engine-defect-lawsuits-consolidated-in-california/

No more Fords for us.

#358 3 days ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I may be waiting a year for the one I ordered this weekend. I hope not.

A year? Holy hell. I see used Mavericks with 5-10K miles selling for above new MSRP.

#359 2 days ago

With interest rates rising, car market should start to soften in the next quarter or 2

#360 2 days ago

I've been eyeing a new car for a few years, and pulled the trigger on a new 2022 Forester Wilderness late last month. I've been eying a new vehicle for about 2 years now, but wanted to wait until I could walk in and pick one up at MSRP. I had been bouncing back and forth between this and a Rav4 Prime, but it will be years more before I could get one of those at sticker.

Interestingly enough, my local dealer said they could order me one and have it here in 4 months. I sent an email blast out to all the dealers within 200 miles of me, and found one in stock at MSRP 40 miles from me that just came in. Hopped in the car and picked it up the next day after getting a few quotes from different dealers on my trade in. Got 2200 over the KBB value they wanted to give me because of competing written offers.

I traded in my 2012 Camry Hybrid and got 9200 for it. Saw it for sale and then sold online within a week at an asking price of $15,000. Don't know the final sales number but I'm going to try and trade for pins next time I have a vehicle worth under 2 nice Pins I need to sell.

Every year I go to the Baltimore Auto show and climb around all of the different vehicles. The number one pick for a small family pin hauler for me is the 2022 Subaru Forester. Fits one in the back with seats folded, and can tow 4 in a U-Haul if you are going to a show.

Impressed with the Tech in this.

Tried out the Ford Maverick but it felt too cramped inside. The Rav4 was the closest competitor for my dollars. Would have gotten a plug in hybrid if I could get one but those are selling WAY over sticker... with a wait.

I don't know if the car market will ever be back to what it was... but next new vehicle is not scheduled until 2027. Plan is to get a new van for the wife then. Trade in 10 year old cars for new ones offset by 5 years. I get a new car in 2032!

Wilderness (resized).jpg
    #361 2 days ago

Kinda surprised you saw your trade-in for sale locally, usually dealers trade cars out of area so local customers cant see how badly they got screwed on their trade.

#362 2 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I've been eyeing a new car for a few years, and pulled the trigger on a new 2022 Forester Wilderness late last month. I've been eying a new vehicle for about 2 years now, but wanted to wait until I could walk in and pick one up at MSRP. I had been bouncing back and forth between this and a Rav4 Prime, but it will be years more before I could get one of those at sticker.
    Interestingly enough, my local dealer said they could order me one and have it here in 4 months. I sent an email blast out to all the dealers within 200 miles of me, and found one in stock at MSRP 40 miles from me that just came in. Hopped in the car and picked it up the next day after getting a few quotes from different dealers on my trade in. Got 2200 over the KBB value they wanted to give me because of competing written offers.
    I traded in my 2012 Camry Hybrid and got 9200 for it. Saw it for sale and then sold online within a week at an asking price of $15,000. Don't know the final sales number but I'm going to try and trade for pins next time I have a vehicle worth under 2 nice Pins I need to sell.
    Every year I go to the Baltimore Auto show and climb around all of the different vehicles. The number one pick for a small family pin hauler for me is the 2022 Subaru Forester. Fits one in the back with seats folded, and can tow 4 in a U-Haul if you are going to a show.
    Impressed with the Tech in this.
    Tried out the Ford Maverick but it felt too cramped inside. The Rav4 was the closest competitor for my dollars. Would have gotten a plug in hybrid if I could get one but those are selling WAY over sticker... with a wait.
    I don't know if the car market will ever be back to what it was... but next new vehicle is not scheduled until 2027. Plan is to get a new van for the wife then. Trade in 10 year old cars for new ones offset by 5 years. I get a new car in 2032!
    [quoted image]

My family members have had a few Foresters .... great cars, enjoy!

#363 2 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

This is for my kid who is just starting out. My oldest got a Civic and it's a good car, but just has no utility. The Mav will be great for her if we can actually get one. Everybody wants that hybrid though.

#364 2 days ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

This is for my kid who is just starting out. My oldest got a Civic and it's a good car, but just has no utility. The Mav will be great for her if we can actually get one. Everybody wants that hybrid though.

A Maverick is an absolutely fantastic first car and your kid will love it. Really liked it when I sat in it at the car show, but I can't fit 3 kids in the back comfortably and the bed can't hold a pin and close.

Somehow I don't think those are considerations your kiddo has just yet.

Get the Maverick if you can swing it.

#365 2 days ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Kinda surprised you saw your trade-in for sale locally, usually dealers trade cars out of area so local customers cant see how badly they got screwed on their trade.

Lack of inventory I’m guessing. They get a car to sell, it goes on the lot.

#366 2 days ago

Just keep a copy of your vin number, wherever they send it, you usually can search/track it when it's listed and see what it's going for until it actually sells.

There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!