Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    2014-07-13 16.28.18.jpg
    image-421.jpg
    image-268.jpg
    image-38.jpg
    image-53.jpg
    image.jpg
    sf2cax2014.png
    image-978.jpg
    01.jpg
    cax2014_lanyard.jpg
    this-guy-958.jpg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 years ago

Really good show. The Pinball Refinery area was twice as big as last year and easily kept the attention of more people than any area on the floor. The Matrix was a big part of that, of course. The Mustang they had was a lot of fun too, as was Demo Man on Steroids.

This year I had the most fun with BK2K. I've played it quite a bit before at other shows, but for whatever reason really got into it this year. If you've got one for sale in northern CA hit me up.

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I took second in B. Was one bad bounce and an unlucky random award from winning it. It was fun!

It was fun meeting and playing against you Jeff. You didn't make those games easy on me.

#153 9 years ago

I agree, outstanding pinball weekend!

The whole show was amazing, but the pinball refinery exhibit stole the show! The matrix machine on its own was sick, but after Gio got a hold of this and worked his magic, it absolutely stunning! One if the best pins I have ever seen in person all in!

Thank you to all the volunteers and staff who put on a great show! And a special thanks to the whole pinball refinery crew, they put the cherry on top of the show for sure!

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

...and it could have been 1st or 2nd if you had the luck to draw a multiball from Merlin too.
    Ah, sometimes the randomness blesses us. Today you and I were on the wrong side of it. I do think that you were probably the strongest player in the finals, but everything that could go wrong for you on the random side most certainly did.

Yeah. I have to admit. That multiball from Merlin was really lucky. It was anybody's game before that.

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from sfbrian:

Yeah. I have to admit. That multiball from Merlin was really lucky. It was anybody's game before that.

I thought that Amanda was going to take that game. She was crushing ball 3. Her drain was a bit of a fluke out of the swamp kick.

#156 9 years ago

I won the classics. Here's a pic of me and Bowen who won the modern open a division.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #157 9 years ago

Pinsiders swept the champion list! Congrats, guys!

1 week later
    #158 9 years ago

I visited CAX while being on a pinball related roundtrip. I published a travel report on www.pinball-magazine.com. The first two parts, including CAX, are up there now. Enjoy!

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-california-extreme-2014-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.